Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

28 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Now watch the Trump supporters attack the family for criticizing Trump...

If the story is true then Trump is lucky for his position because it looks like the father could beat the piss out of Trump and not think twice about it

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

The Dunn family, now in the United States to drum up support to send Sacoolas back to the U.K. to face justice, had accepted an “urgent” invitation by the White House from National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, to visit Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. Trump, it seems, thought he could convince the Dunns to meet the woman who killed their son, and would do so by opening a side door through which she would walk. The whole scene would be captured by a pool of photographers who had been summoned for the meeting.

But the Dunns would have none of it and refused to meet her. Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said that the family felt “ambushed” when the “bombshell” was dropped that Sacoolas was next door.

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

“Thirdly that Mrs. Sacoolas was present in the building and fourthly that it was the president’s intention for Harry’s family to meet Mrs. Sacoolas in the Oval Office in front of several photographers in what was obviously designed to be a press call,” Seiger wrote in his statement.

The Dunn family blames National Security Adviser O’Brien for the misstep. “It struck us that this meeting was hastily arranged by nincompoops on the run and in particular Mr. O’Brien, who appeared to be extremely uptight and aggressive and did not come across at all well in this meeting which required careful handling and sensitivity,” Seiger wrote.

What?

And "Nincompoops on the Run" is easily a working title for the history of this administration.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

Now watch the Trump supporters attack the family for criticizing Trump...

Wait until you see what the Gary Johnson voters do, just to keep owning the libs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

What?

And "Nincompoops on the Run" is easily a working title for the history of this administration.

Who thought that was a good idea, and why weren't they thrown out the nearest door? Never mind, I know the answer already.

Just now, urbanhack said:

Wait until you see what the Gary Johnson voters do, just to keep owning the libs.

What are we going to do? I didn't get any memo.

• Thinking 1

What would be the point of this Jerry Springer moment for Trump be anyway?

Guess who's behind Door #1......the lady who killed your son!

Like, I just can't even imagine what he was hoping for with this one.

I know he's desperate for any kind of distraction right now but this is pretty crazy even in Trump terms.

10 minutes ago, Skoo said:

What would be the point of this Jerry Springer moment for Trump be anyway?

Guess who's behind Door #1......the lady who killed your son!

Like, I just can't even imagine what he was hoping for with this one.

He was hoping for a photo op which his supporters and friends in the media could then use to justify his awful behavior.

"See! The parents of the dead child approved of what we did!"*

*not a real quote by a real human...yet

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

He’s especially unhinged this morning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

He was hoping for a photo op which his supporters and friends in the media could then use to justify his awful behavior.

trump:  It was all beautiful.  It's really confusing switching the road lanes around.  Everyone does it.  Right turns become left turns...*   

*yeah, he really did claim that.

Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies

The president’s businesses made themselves appear more profitable to lenders and less profitable to tax officials. One expert calls the differing numbers “versions of fraud.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Sounds like wheels are coming completely off. What we’re seeing this afternoon are rims on fire. 

44 minutes ago, Mile High said:

The president’s businesses made themselves appear more profitable to lenders and less profitable to tax officials. One expert calls the differing numbers “versions of fraud.”

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

Any teachers in here qualified to assess the grade level of this letter?

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Link to the letter?

Oops thought that was a link to his letter to erdogan.

1 hour ago, Mile High said:

Being a cheat is "being smart" is what he will say. 

6 minutes ago, The General said:

I'm already seeing Trump supporters posting online saying that it's not a big deal and some saying that they do the same thing.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm already seeing Trump supporters posting online saying that it's not a big deal and some saying that they do the same thing.

:lol: I hope it gets them all audited

45 minutes ago, BroadwayG said:

Any teachers in here qualified to assess the grade level of this letter?

13 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

I teach 8th grade 'grade-level' kids.

I think Ilove80s teaches resource/LD kids*.  He'd be more qualified.  

(*not to belittle these kids...just offering up my professional opinion)

Edited by OrtonToOlsen
  • Laughing 3

18 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

I teach 8th grade 'grade-level' kids.

I think Ilove80s teaches resource/LD kids*.  He'd be more qualified.  

(*not to belittle these kids...just offering up my professional opinion)

Seems like a normal letter in terms of grammar, spelling, etc. My concern is that he is basically begging. So, it is like a 8th grader who got caught cheating and is begging his teacher not to flunk him. I would laugh soooooo hard if a student wrote me that letter. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Seems like a normal letter in terms of grammar, spelling, etc. My concern is that he basically begging. So, it is like a 8th grader who got caught cheating and is begging his teacher not to flunk him. I would laugh soooooo hard if a student wrote me that letter. 

Don't be a fool! 

From the twitter:

Remarkable day in Syria: The US military carried out airstrikes to destroy the headquarters for its counter-ISIS campaign after Turkish backed forces closed in on the base. US military says it is carrying out "deliberate withdrawal."

We just bombed our own base. I repeat. WE JUST BOMBED OUR OWN BASE. 

• Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

From the twitter:

Remarkable day in Syria: The US military carried out airstrikes to destroy the headquarters for its counter-ISIS campaign after Turkish backed forces closed in on the base. US military says it is carrying out "deliberate withdrawal."

We just bombed our own base. I repeat. WE JUST BOMBED OUR OWN BASE. 

There was Russian video earlier this week of Russian troops entering the US base. We had left so fast there was still Coke in the fridge and lots of other American supplies left behind. It probably looked great for Russian propaganda. 

• Sad 2

The bottom has long gone and we are in free fall. Someone needs to pull the plug on this catastrophe. There should be millions of Americans in DC right now marching to get him out of here. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Impeachable.

Should have capitalized Devil. And not in Comic Sans. C-, but he’s improving!

1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

The bottom has long gone and we are in free fall. Someone needs to pull the plug on this catastrophe. There should be millions of Americans in DC right now marching to get him out of here. 

This. Ready to show up. Want to be able to tell my grandkids, with documentation, that I was actively resisting all of this. 

Edited by Mr. Ham

37 minutes ago, The General said:

Was thinking about how brazen it is that he did this even after he assumed the Presidency, when everything is scrutinized. Then it hit me that he just know his previous records are being investigated, so he may have figured this was his excuse... it’s what smart real estate people do. Who wouldn’t? Otherwise, if he did it before and stopped under greater transparency, it looks like consciousness of guilt. 

Either way, would someone throw him in jail already!

Edited by Mr. Ham

“I’ve already given you a little sample with respect to Pastor Brunson"

Damn - why stop there - how about a horse head in his bed.

I could poop a better letter

• Like 1

Absolutely disgusting what he tried to pull with that British family.  I misspoke when I said that pulling troops was the bottom of the barrel.  He proved me wrong again.  What an embarrassment.  How did we get here?  He's nothing but a New York mobster and a reality television host.  

I'd be okay with forgoing proper procedure and just having the appropriate authorities kick down the door and drag him out of the White House.

From WaPo reporter's twitter, Mike DeBonis @mikedebonis:

NEW DETAIL per three sources: Trump said several times in mtg he wasn't concerned about terrorists 7,000 miles away. After Pelosi & Hoyer left,

@RepLizCheney spoke up to remind Trump that the terrorists responsible for 9/11 "came from 7,000 miles away" themselves.

Today's meeting must have been a hoot.

• Sad 1

His staff has never been able to keep the President's phone away from him.

Now it looks like they're unable to keep the White House stationery away from him, either.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, saintfool said:

From WaPo reporter's twitter, Mike DeBonis @mikedebonis:

Today's meeting must have been a hoot.

I guess all Americans who aren't 7000 miles away  must be glad to hear that.

4 hours ago, [scooter] said:

His narcissism, lack of empathy and reality TV background on display.

Can someone confirm that these three things have happened?

1.  Trump sent an insane letter, ending with "don't be a fool."

2. He invited the parents of a young man that got hit by a car to the white house, so that he could ambush them for a photo op with the woman who drove the car.

3.  We bombed our own military base in Turkey because we pulled out so quickly that we had no plan for how it would go.  So we bombed. Our own.  Military Base.

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

Can someone confirm that these three things have happened?

1.  Trump sent an insane letter, ending with "don't be a fool."

2. He invited the parents of a young man that got hit by a car to the white house, so that he could ambush them for a photo op with the woman who drove the car.

3.  We bombed our own military base in Turkey because we pulled out so quickly that we had no plan for how it would go.  So we bombed. Our own.  Military Base.

Close! "Don't be a fool! I will call you later."

As he was writing "Don't be a fool" there are rumors that Pompeo did the Chewbacca yell.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 6

2 hours ago, joffer said:

I could poop a better letter

Alphabet soup for lunch?

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

His staff has never been able to keep the President's phone away from him.

Now it looks like they're unable to keep the White House stationery away from him, either.

They should treat his letters the same way we treat letters to Santa. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

3 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

:lol: I hope it gets them all audited

My neighbor is a major trump supporter.  He has his own business (painting) and encourages his customers to pay cash.  When he was building his house he was having a hard time getting a loan cause he couldn't prove over half of what he "really" makes.  He had to work for a year and have customers pay by invoice to show his income to the bank.  Funny IRS isn't as smart as the banks...he's smart again now that his house is built and back to the cash jobs...