Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

3 hours ago, Ilov80s said:

The bottom has long gone and we are in free fall. Someone needs to pull the plug on this catastrophe. There should be millions of Americans in DC right now marching to get him out of here. 

I wish one of the Democratic presidential candidates would say something to the effect, "Look world, we ####ed up, but if your making illicit deals with Trump that work against the American people, 'We're making a list and we're checking it twice'."

• Like 3

“The United States and Italy are bound together by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to Ancient Rome." - Stable Genius Donald Trump, 10/16/19

• Like 1
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1

8 hours ago, Skoo said:

What would be the point of this Jerry Springer moment for Trump be anyway?

Guess who's behind Door #1......the lady who killed your son!

Like, I just can't even imagine what he was hoping for with this one.

I know he's desperate for any kind of distraction right now but this is pretty crazy even in Trump terms.

I’m guessing he thought he could claim credit for something along the lines of the Brandt Jean - Amber Guyger courtroom hug scene. 

• Like 2

I have a napkin on my work desk that says "Bartlett for America"  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

“The United States and Italy are bound together by a shared cultural and political heritage dating back thousands of years to Ancient Rome." - Stable Genius Donald Trump, 10/16/19

Now I NEED to see those transcripts. 

20 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:
1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

Now I NEED to see those transcripts. 

BTW, the video for this on the White House twitter account, like this a profound statement from our president.

3 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

The Romans helped us take the airports from the British bastards back in 1776.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4

10 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Little known fact - Roman Legionnaires were among the group to board the first trans-atlantic flight from Rome to Washington in 205 AD. 

8 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Jesus, this is just unreal - all of it.

We're in the Upside Down.

• Like 5

Can we please make sure that Trump and his children of the corn family off of social media today given the news about Elijah Cummings passing. I don't trust any of them to be respectful given his comments about him and Baltimore in the last year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Jesus, this is just unreal - all of it.

Well sure but look at his policies and things he wants to do. Really successful at rolling back regulations so that the environment can be polluted like it is the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.  Also gave a huge tax cut to the top 1%.  Took health care away from millions of Americans. Had children taken from their families, still many that are unaccounted for, because they legally sought asylum. Heck he wanted to shoot those people but stupid laws said he couldn't.  They should consider themselves lucky. I think these examples of his accomplishments show why some people, especially Christians, support him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Uh, he's right about this.  The US and Italy do share a cultural and political heritage that does date back thousands of years to Rome.  It goes back further than that to Athens, but whoever wrote Trump's remarks called out Rome because the Italian president was there. 

6 hours ago, The Future Champs said:

Get over yourself, millennial.

:no:

Just an X'er with a desire to save keystrokes

:(

Mick Mulvaney says that the G7 summit in 2020 will be held at Trump National Doral golf club in Miami.

7 minutes ago, squistion said:

Mick Mulvaney says that the G7 summit in 2020 will be held at Trump National Doral golf club in Miami.

Wonder if they’ll try for 36 a day

But it's not about the $.  trump donates his salary.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

15 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Stwike him Centuweon!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squistion said:

The New York Times‏ @nytimes 13s14 seconds ago

In a press briefing, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney brushed off questions about a potential conflict of interest. “Donald Trump’s brand is strong as it is," he said. "It’s the most recognized name in the English language.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/trump-g-7-at-his-doral-resort.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

Can we please make sure that Trump and his children of the corn family off of social media today given the news about Elijah Cummings passing. I don't trust any of them to be respectful given his comments about him and Baltimore in the last year.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!

8:54 AM · Oct 17, 2019

Just horrible.

brand over country...

and his people chant: USA! USA! USA! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

In fairness, this is technically saying the heritage goes back thousands of years.  It's still a weird, over-the-top statement to make, of course (shock!).

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

The meeting will be in Miami, but climate change won't be on the agenda per Mulvaney. Expect massive protests, even bigger than usual. Hurricane season starts June 1. This king tide season has been really bad in Key West and coastal cities in Florida.. Miami Beach is ground zero for sea level rise mitigation.

• Like 1

I mean, Trump says lots of stupid stuff on a regular basis.  It's easy to find things that we should ridicule him about.  It's probably not helpful to ridicule him for saying something completely correct and uncontroversial.

5 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Well sure but look at his policies and things he wants to do. Really successful at rolling back regulations so that the environment can be polluted like it is the beginning of the Industrial Revolution.  Also gave a huge tax cut to the top 1%.  Took health care away from millions of Americans. Had children taken from their families, still many that are unaccounted for, because they legally sought asylum. Heck he wanted to shoot those people but stupid laws said he couldn't.  They should consider themselves lucky. I think these examples of his accomplishments show why some people, especially Christians, support him. 

We Christians are pretty big on snakes and alligators too.  And moats.  The biggest moats.

9 minutes ago, jamny said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

My warmest condolences to the family and many friends of Congressman Elijah Cummings. I got to see first hand the strength, passion and wisdom of this highly respected political leader. His work and voice on so many fronts will be very hard, if not impossible, to replace!

Just horrible.

Someone must have swiped his phone off the nightstand while he was distracted and yelling at the television.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, squistion said:

Being openly corrupt excuses you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jamny said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Just horrible.

He's gonna be pissed when he finds out someone hacked his account :lol: 

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

He's gonna be pissed when he finds out someone hacked his account :lol: 

Let's give some credit where credit is due.  IF Trump comes out with words contrary to this tweet, let's attack him for it. For now, this is the official record of the POTUS, and its (granted, surprisingly) tone is spot on.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, squistion said:

The New York Times‏ @nytimes 13s14 seconds ago

In a press briefing, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney brushed off questions about a potential conflict of interest. “Donald Trump’s brand is strong as it is," he said. "It’s the most recognized name in the English language.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/us/politics/trump-g-7-at-his-doral-resort.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Oh, well, if it's just the rich getting richer, who can complain?

22 minutes ago, Koya said:

Let's give some credit where credit is due.  IF Trump comes out with words contrary to this tweet, let's attack him for it. For now, this is the official record of the POTUS, and its (granted, surprisingly) tone is spot on.

Don't disagree at all.  If he breaks his MO and doesn't come back with nasty comments in the next few days, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

44 minutes ago, jamny said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Just horrible.

:rolleyes: at the bolded.  I would bet $1000 right now he didn't write that. It's well written with no randomly capitalized words, misspellings and the biggest telltale sign, self praise.  Oh yeah, and its completely appropriate and kind.   He didn't write that, sorry.

• Like 1

I wonder which part of tonight's rally Trump's supporters liked better.

The part where he said it was good that the Turks slaughtered the Kurds or the part where he said Texans made out like bandits because of Hurricane Harvey?

Why should we vote for the Democrat and not President Trump in next years election? 

This, IMO, is the most important reason, outweighing all of the corruption and incompetence: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/10/17/climate-change-wont-be-g-agenda-trumps-resort-miami-mulvaney-says/

Because the G7 conference next year will not have climate change on the agenda. President Trump does not believe in climate change. The rest of the Republican Party may or may not believe in it, but either way they don’t wish to discuss it or do anything about it. 

We can’t afford to have the Republican Party in charge any longer. It’s that simple. 

Edited by timschochet

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Why should we vote for the Democrat and not President Trump in next years election? 

This, IMO, is the most important reason, outweighing all of the corruption and incompetence: 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2019/10/17/climate-change-wont-be-g-agenda-trumps-resort-miami-mulvaney-says/

Because the G7 conference next year will not have climate change on the agenda. President Trump does not believe in climate change. The rest of the Republican Party may or may not believe in it, but either way they don’t wish to discuss it or do anything about it. 

We can’t afford to have the Republican Party in charge any longer. It’s that simple. 

pshaw... speak for yourself. My 401k is killing it.  

Just gonna by me a sweet ### sump pump with all them extra ducets.

Edited by Koya

18 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

The meeting will be in Miami, but climate change won't be on the agenda per Mulvaney. Expect massive protests, even bigger than usual. Hurricane season starts June 1. This king tide season has been really bad in Key West and coastal cities in Florida.. Miami Beach is ground zero for sea level rise mitigation.

White House apparently did not tell the mayor of Doral that the G-7 was really being considered there. This suggests that it was not really being vetted (security, infrastructure, etc) and there was no award "process".  The chief of police, mayor and local officials learned it was coming from Mulvaney's announcement on TV.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

1 hour ago, saintfool said:

White House apparently did not tell the mayor of Doral that the G-7 was really being considered there. This suggests that it was not really being vetted (security, infrastructure, etc) and there was no award "process".  The chief of police, mayor and local officials learned it was coming from Mulvaney's announcement on TV.

I admit I’m not an expert on government contracts but doesn’t there have to be a formal bidding process?

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, saintfool said:

Wasn't there something in the news recently about Doral not doing so great?

Edited by msommer

13 minutes ago, msommer said:

Wasn't there something in the news recently about Doral not doing so great?

Bed Bugs