Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Trump on Twitter (paraphrasing):

If you can riot in person you can vote in person!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275128932510113792

How can one argue with that logic?

I’ll be sure to let my 92 year old grandmother know that because there were riots, it’s plenty safe for her to go vote. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Trump when asked what "compassion" things he's done, beyond solely law and order: "Well, let me tell you. You have George Floyd, but you also have 14 people killed this weekend in Chicago. So you gotta balance 'em out. You gotta say, wait a minute. We need law and order."

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1275209539680436231?s=21

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, squistion said:

Trump on Twitter (paraphrasing):

If you can riot in person you can vote in person!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275128932510113792

The CEO doesn't seem to understand that it's commoners like us that do the complainin' and leaders like him that do the fixin'.  Identify the problems with mail-in voting (to the extent any exist) and address them.

That'd be a great line of attack for Biden in the debates.  "And what have you done to the fix the problem?"

Edited by tri-man 47
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

The CEO doesn't seem to understand that it's commoners like us that do the complainin' and leaders like him that do the fixin'.  Identify the problems with mail-in voting (to the extent any exist) and address them.

That'd be a great line of attack for Biden in the debates.  "And what have you done to the fix the problem?"

Or if it’s so unsafe then why do he and so many of his team vote by mail?

• Thinking 1

Apparently (unconfirmed), Pence and Mother voted by mail in the last Indiana election, listing the Indiana governor's mansion as their home address.

14 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

Trump when asked what "compassion" things he's done, beyond solely law and order: "Well, let me tell you. You have George Floyd, but you also have 14 people killed this weekend in Chicago. So you gotta balance 'em out. You gotta say, wait a minute. We need law and order."

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1275209539680436231?s=21

So to steal a line from those on the right -

What have you done Mr President to help with Chicago?  You have had three and half years?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

So to steal a line from those on the right -

What have you done Mr President to help with Chicago?  You have had three and half years?

you know the answer to that - he has been the best president ever in terms of the blacks.  Many people are saying this.  People even think he has done more than Abraham Lincoln (I like to call him Honest Abe).  Trump has totally turned around the Obama economy, just look at what he has done with the Nasdaq.  Can you imagine how many more shootings there would be if it wasn't for the Stonks? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Apparently (unconfirmed), Pence and Mother voted by mail in the last Indiana election, listing the Indiana governor's mansion as their home address.

There you go. Voter fraud. 5-6 million is probably the low side amiright?

1 hour ago, roadkill1292 said:

For both? :lmao: 

3 hours ago, moleculo said:

you know the answer to that - he has been the best president ever in terms of the blacks.  Many people are saying this.  People even think he has done more than Abraham Lincoln (I like to call him Honest Abe).  Trump has totally turned around the Obama economy, just look at what he has done with the Nasdaq.  Can you imagine how many more shootings there would be if it wasn't for the Stonks? 

I think he's pretty much out there as being President of the white folks of the red states of the US.  He cant be bothered by blue states with Dem governors. Not. his. problem.

9 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Really an impressive amount of voter fraud in Trump's inner circle. No wonder he is so worried about it. More projection from a lying conman.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable. Trump trying to claim he sent the National Guards troops into Mpls.  After a request from Mpls Mayor Frey ,Gov Walz activated the National Guard

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/06/24/reality-check-was-it-president-trump-or-gov-walz-who-called-in-the-national-guard-to-minneapolis/

I just don’t think this nation can withstand 4 more years of listening to this pathological lying narcissist 

Edited by lazyike

NYT: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

“The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March...but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.”

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, caustic said:

NYT: Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

“The intelligence finding was briefed to President Trump, and the White House’s National Security Council discussed the problem at an interagency meeting in late March...but the White House has yet to authorize any step, the officials said.”

SAD - but those that parrot the talking points that Trump is for the military, strong, alpha never have anything to say when it's shown the POTUS has no desire to actually protect our troops besides an occasional tweet showing his support.  How many times does he have to put them in danger or not sanction countries that betray us before they get it that this guy doesn't have the US best interest at heart?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, yak651 said:

SAD - but those that parrot the talking points that Trump is for the military, strong, alpha never have anything to say when it's shown the POTUS has no desire to actually protect our troops besides an occasional tweet showing his support.  How many times does he have to put them in danger or not sanction countries that betray us before they get it that this guy doesn't have the US best interest at heart?

You mean the man who dodged the draft has no respect for the military? The same guy who joked he always wanted a Purple Heart? That guy?

• Like 3

Now try to imagine the level of outrage from the right if Obama had known about bounties on U.S. soldiers and had done nothing about it.

Fox's "anti-Obama military expert talking head rolodex" would have melted from overuse.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Now try to imagine the level of outrage from the right if Obama had known about bounties on U.S. soldiers and had done nothing about it.

Fox's "anti-Obama military expert talking head rolodex" would have melted from overuse.

Imagine that plus Obama cozying up to Putin as Trump has.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gr00vus said:

Imagine that plus Obama cozying up to Putin as Trump has.

And some of that cozying up has been since Trump found out about this.  Just a month ago Trump after a private phone call with Putin, Trump was lobbying the G7 leaders to let Russia back in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, caustic said:

Stay safe, @Max Power

Sincerely.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, caustic said:

Any moment now... the President will defend his nation. Any moment now.

In actuality" Trump tried to take the G7 to take Putin back, sought to invite him to a special confab in Washington DC, and he withdrew troops from Germany since learning of this.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

37 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:
7 hours ago, caustic said:

Stay safe, @Max Power

Sincerely.

This topic is going to get me banned.  Not today, but surely soon.

16 hours ago, caustic said:

This is un ####### real.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

They would be screaming he’s anti-American.

One of the primary reasons Trump supporters still back him is because he puts ‘America first’. I just don’t get how they can actually believe that. Project Lincoln needs to turn this into an ad and blast it on Fox News.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I miss John McCain more and more everyday.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, beef said:

I was thinking about McCain yesterday and how the impeachment trial would have gone if he was alive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beef said:

while i agree, to a certain extent he started this

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GROOT said:

What a cringey thread title

Yes, our president is a walking ####### disaster, should we rename it?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GROOT said:

What a cringey thread title

Agreed.

Please change day to hour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There has to be a more apt thread for this news but there are rumors out there that Reddit has banned The_Donald forum.

17 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

I saw Gasperino's opinion piece on this yesterday (he's a Fox Business guy, I think). It's interesting mostly that the idea has surfaced on Fox fairly early (they're not the first pundits to speculate about this). A piece like that is considered a betrayal of purpose by many Fox viewers/readers.

But further reporting reveals undeniable proof that Trump is digging in his heels and calling in his best men: Jared Kushner has been given the task of turning the ship around. Top men.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:
26 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

A recurrence of bone spurs, perhaps? Got him out of serving before.

Fake a stomach cramp, and when he's bent over, moaning and wailing, licks his palms. It’s a little childish and stupid, but then, so is the government.

Edited by Green Balloons
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3

1 minute ago, roadkill1292 said:

I saw Gasperino's opinion piece on this yesterday (he's a Fox Business guy, I think). It's interesting mostly that the idea has surfaced on Fox fairly early (they're not the first pundits to speculate about this). A piece like that is considered a betrayal of purpose by many Fox viewers/readers.

But further reporting reveals undeniable proof that Trump is digging in his heels and calling in his best men: Jared Kushner has been given the task of turning the ship around. Top men.

After brokering peace in the middle east, this will be a cake walk.

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Green Balloons said:

From the article:

"Donald Trump may drop out of the 2020 presidential race if he believes he has no chance of winning, a Republican Party operative reportedly told Fox News."

From a few days ago:

“Under the current trajectory, President Trump is on the precipice of one of the worst electoral defeats in modern presidential elections and the worst historically for an incumbent president,” said former Trump political adviser Sam Nunberg, who remains a supporter.

Nunberg pointed to national polls released by CNBC and New York Times/Siena over the past week showing Trump receiving below 40 percent against Biden.

If Trump's numbers erode to 35 percentage points over the next two weeks, Nunberg added, “He’s going to be facing realistically a 400-plus electoral vote loss and the president would need to strongly reconsider whether he wants to continue to run as the Republican presidential nominee.”

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Trump says painting ‘Black Lives Matter’ on New York’s Fifth Avenue would be ‘a symbol of hate,’ and that maybe NY police "won’t let" it happen. Hmmmmmmmm..... 

On 6/30/2020 at 1:35 PM, roadkill1292 said:

Reporting from today is that he blames Kushner for bringing in Kim Kardashian and talking him into criminal justice reform. He regrets doing it because he doesn’t believe in it and it hasn’t helped him at all with the black vote. 

Practically the one and only thing I’ve approved of and he regrets it lol

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Reporting from today is that he blames Kushner for bringing in Kim Kardashian and talking him into criminal justice reform. He regrets doing it because he doesn’t believe in it and it hasn’t helped him at all with the black vote. 

Practically the one and only thing I’ve approved of and he regrets it lol

Where did you read that?  did you get it directly from Jared/Trump himself?  Or is this another "anonymous insider", "someone close to Trump", "random critic" type articles/reports?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Where did you read that?  did you get it directly from Jared/Trump himself?  Or is this another "anonymous insider", "someone close to Trump", "random critic" type articles/reports?

Here’s the link I found:

https://www.axios.com/trump-kushner-second-thoughts-408d5a33-725d-442a-88e4-d6ab6742c139.html

It cites to “three people with direct knowledge of the president’s thinking.”  It’s how most political reporting gets done, but I can understand why anonymous sourcing would be questioned here. That said, based on what you know about Trump, do you think it sounds far-fetched? For me, it sounds very believable. I don’t think Trump has really before or since spoken out in support of criminal justice reform, and his involvement of celebrities in the law’s passage seemed more like a publicity stunt than commitment to the cause, but I am certainly thankful for his efforts in getting the law passed. Good on him, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if this piece of reporting was accurate. 

Edited by bigbottom