Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

13 minutes ago, msommer said:

Wasn't there something in the news recently about Doral not doing so great?

I just heard it's right next to the Miami airport.  So yeah, security could be a slight issue. 

As reported by WaPo in May, Doral reported a 12% decline in revenues and 69% decline in profitability from 2017 to 2018. 

“They are severely underperforming” other resorts in the area, tax consultant Jessica Vachiratevanurak told a Miami-Dade County official in a bid to lower the property’s tax bill. The reason, she said: “There is some negative connotation that is associated with the brand.”

:lmao: at "negative connotation." Everything Donald touches dies.

15 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

As reported by WaPo in May, Doral reported a 12% decline in revenues and 69% decline in profitability from 2017 to 2018. 

:lmao: at "negative connotation." Everything Donald touches dies.

Yeah, but that's only in their tax reporting. If you look at the loan application they just completed, you'll see that they had a 90% increase in revenues and a 175% increase in profits.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

5 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

Bed Bugs

Of the misfortunes and maladies that can befall a guest at a Trump property, bed bugs rate just above "food poisoning" and right below "committing high treason".

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

6 hours ago, badmojo1006 said:

Bed Bugs

2 minutes ago, saintfool said:

Of the misfortunes and maladies that can befall a guest at a Trump property, bed bugs rate just above "food poisoning" and right below "committing high treason".

It is, however, being reported* that if you sit through a 90 minute video about all the Trump property offerings that you get your choice of Ambassadorship or Acting Deputy of any open department 

*by me, erroneously and fictitiously

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

15 hours ago, That one guy said:

It is, however, being reported* that if you sit through a 90 minute video about all the Trump property offerings that you get your choice of Ambassadorship or Acting Deputy of any open department 

*by me, erroneously and fictitiously

Lots of people are saying it.*

"Lots" being at least 1.

Edited by apalmer

So in the last few weeks we have...

• Whistleblower complaint gaining more and more steam as more comes out.  The more that comes out, the worse it looks for Trump and Rudy
  • The Syria/Turkey mess abandoning our Ally the Kurds and letting them get slaughtered.  Including a ceasefire that was never a ceasefire and doing nothing as Turkey continues to kill people.
  • G7 going to a Trump property

3 major issues that would sink any normal presidency...and he probably gained GOP support because they have to stick by him because the democrats are so mean.

22 hours ago, apalmer said:

Yeah, but that's only in their tax reporting. If you look at the loan application they just completed, you'll see that they had a 90% increase in revenues and a 175% increase in profits.

I'm sure  that, if true, it would all be legit 🤣.

There are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics, but if you really want tp blow smoke up someone's ### go with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.

• Laughing 1

Someone at my gym switched the tv that always shows Fox to Telemundo. 

• Laughing 3

51 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

They do know more about US policy than Fox does, and the ladies are very nice as well. I just wish I paid more attention in Spanish in high school.

2 hours ago, mrip541 said:

Next time, if someone turns it back to Zorro, let them know the gym doesn't want to watch Zorro.

Sad that we have a President who the entire country basically has to tune out because everything he says is a lie. 

19 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Sad that we have a President who the entire country basically has to tune out because everything he says is a lie. 

And yet, some will still repeat his lies.

43 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And yet, some will still repeat his lies.

Trump sure makes his supporters look bad. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

A frightening behind-the-scenes look by Mattis' former speech-writer:

Inside Trump's First Pentagon Briefing

And what I saw there that foretold the coming rift between Mattis and the president.

Everyone gets their own pot of coffee?!  Where do I sign up?

From my vantage point, Mattis was playing a game of chess against a president fixated on “Rock, Paper, Scissors.”

Many times during Tillerson’s tenure, reporters would claim that he thought his boss was an idiot—and each time Tillerson would deny it publicly. But there was no doubt among most observers in the room that day that Tillerson was thinking exactly that. Both men—Mattis and Tillerson—were despondent. We had just witnessed a meeting with Trump, up close and personal.

Now we knew why access was controlled so tightly.

I learned an important lesson that would pay off when Trump returned for a briefing the following January: only use slides with pictures … no words.

3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

“only use slides with pictures … no words.“

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

MAGA!

:shrug:

It's actually decent practice to not put the words you are saying up on the slides

13 minutes ago, the moops said:

It's actually decent practice to not put the words you are saying up on the slides

I don’t disagree with you but that’s not the point he’s making.  He’s basically calling Trump a child that needs something shiny to look at to get his attention to what they want to teach him.  

22 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

MAGA!

Another in the "I don't know whether to laugh or cry" bucket.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

MAGA!

This is honesty not funny, at all. 

47 minutes ago, the moops said:

Wall of text is Bad

Using pictures instead of words - not much better.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Ham said:

This is honesty not funny, at all. 

I agree, but apparently that's how much they had to dumb it down for Trump.

37 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

In fairness, it could be an innocous gesture at most other times, and may even be so here. But the timing is very poor, and if he reacts that poorly to being corrected, what is he even doing anymore? Can we just reset the government without a president and just agree to be cool for the next 4 years? The next person is going to spend half of their term just cleaning up the mess Trump left.

"You people with this phony Emoluments Clause,”

- Trump at a cabinet meeting today.

:(

This from the guy who swore to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kal El said:

In fairness, it could be an innocous gesture at most other times, and may even be so here. But the timing is very poor, and if he reacts that poorly to being corrected, what is he even doing anymore? Can we just reset the government without a president and just agree to be cool for the next 4 years? The next person is going to spend half of their term just cleaning up the mess Trump left.

However...the look on his face right before he did it would indicate otherwise.  You could see him basically rolling his eyes and looking annoyed before he did it. 

• Like 1

Great description from a Brit author.  Spot on.  https://thehobbledehoy.com/2019/03/08/british-writer-pens-the-best-description-of-trump-ive-read/?fbclid=IwAR074Yj0ObWleHJ6UpxnrTUe2_Ggcr11bJQALgjTc5k3QNa4ebnTHle0VdY

Someone on Quora asked “Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?” Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

yeah that's pretty close, he just forgot narcissistic sociopath

Edited by joffer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

However...the look on his face right before he did it would indicate otherwise.  You could see him basically rolling his eyes and looking annoyed before he did it. 

Honestly, I may or may not have thought that was just his face.

5 hours ago, Kal El said:

In fairness, it could be an innocous gesture 

No way

Just now, cosjobs said:

No way

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but watching it again, he did look unhappy at being corrected. Maybe he should learn more about stuff before spouting off?

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but watching it again, he did look unhappy at being corrected. Maybe he should learn more about stuff before spouting off?

Of course he was unhappy.  Facts don’t matter in trump’s world and anyone who brings them up are annoying. 

24 minutes ago, That one guy said:

I’d have to believe Trump is capable of subtlety for the critique to be true

This had the subtlety of a 12 year old. 

3 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Well sure but other than that he's awesome! 

• Like 2

if you ever needed proof of how stupid Trump and his family believes the American people are, the idea that they are still harping on the Biden's nepotism is a perfect example.  I mean never mind that Trump admitted to believing in nepotism in a Larry King interview, does Eric, Donald, and Ivanka think they would have gotten all of what they have if there last name was Stewart not Trump

17 minutes ago, hammerva said:

if you ever needed proof of how stupid Trump and his family believes the American people are, the idea that they are still harping on the Biden's nepotism is a perfect example.  I mean never mind that Trump admitted to believing in nepotism in a Larry King interview, does Eric, Donald, and Ivanka think they would have gotten all of what they have if there last name was Stewart not Trump

Meh. It’s for their supporters to hear.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I know more than a few people who spent their whole life working for daddy's company, putting in an hour or two of week per week if that, who believe that they got where they are today by hard work and smarts and NOT because their dad was loaded and owned the company

• Like 1