Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, msommer said:

He seems different from the thoughtful, moral, good-at-heart Tennessee Trump voters Joe keeps telling us about 

Only one person walked out.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joffer said:

someday the straight white man will catch a break

It has been a tough road for us.  Fortunately we have this guy to bring our plight to the forefront

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Only one person walked out.

Yep the rest stayed, said Amen and clapped.  Fine Christians...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Only one person walked out.

Odd, isn't it?

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joffer said:

someday the straight white man will catch a break

Seriously, this straight white man could use a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Yep the rest stayed, said Amen and clapped.  Fine Christians...

Let's be real, they're worshiping Trump, not Jesus.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

Only one person walked out.

More disturbingly, no one stood up to him and told the guy his ideas are bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gr00vus said:

More disturbingly, no one stood up to him and told the guy his ideas are bad.

Kind hearted, moral people, obviously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kal El said:

Let's be real, they're worshiping Trump, not Jesus.

These people have believed this crap for their entire lives - Trump has just given it a voice.  That's why they love him - he says the quiet part out loud.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, msommer said:

Kind hearted, moral people, obviously

I know you meant this mostly in jest.

I also know people here often attach the disclaimer "The Trump supporters I know are mostly intelligent, kind, caring, nice people" to statements concerning Trump supporters. I think it's past time we start challenging those assessments, at least as they pertain to the people in question's critical thinking, moral quality, intelligence, etc. in relation to socio-political concerns. Because I just can't square those two circumstances anymore - honestly, I never really could, but time and events have just made that kind of assertion less plausible to me. I know this will upset some, but we need to take a hard look at how people are behaving in this country right now.

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump donor to plead guilty to hiding work as foreign agent

By ERIC TUCKER15 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — A prolific political fundraiser who donated large sums to President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee is expected to plead guilty to federal criminal charges.

The Justice Department says Imaad Zuberi will admit in federal court in Los Angeles that he falsified records to conceal his work as a foreign agent while lobbying high-level U.S. government officials.

He’s also charged with tax evasion and making nearly $1 million in illegal campaign contributions.

Zuberi did not immediately return messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Trump donor to plead guilty to hiding work as foreign agent

By ERIC TUCKER15 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — A prolific political fundraiser who donated large sums to President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee is expected to plead guilty to federal criminal charges.

The Justice Department says Imaad Zuberi will admit in federal court in Los Angeles that he falsified records to conceal his work as a foreign agent while lobbying high-level U.S. government officials.

He’s also charged with tax evasion and making nearly $1 million in illegal campaign contributions.

Zuberi did not immediately return messages from The Associated Press seeking comment.

I'm sure he gave money to Democrats too. Probably was the guy who paid to have Hillary's server shipped to Ukraine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A white male in this country has very few rights. They're getting took more every day."

There are people who actually believe this.  Lots of them.  It's rather disturbing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry Ford said:

Hey, Sherman commanded the Army of the Tennessee.  I consider this on him.

You got that from StealthyCat's "American History" page 98, right?  Yeah, I read that, too. Were you going to plagiarize the whole thing for us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this is the place for this.
The anonymous author of this https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

is releasing a tell-all book next month, anonymously, of course. I still think it is The Conways   

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/22/anonymous-trump-op-ed-author-will-publish-book-about-president.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

You got that from StealthyCat's "American History" page 98, right?  Yeah, I read that, too. Were you going to plagiarize the whole thing for us?

To be fair, the Army of the Tennessee was basically built in Memphis/West Tennessee.  Sevier County is... let's say not West Tennessee.

But that Army made the Atlanta campaign.  

Edit: frankly, I'm concerned about what you're teaching our youth. It's like a white man has... oooohhhhhh.  Now I see.

Edited by Henry Ford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

These people have believed this crap for their entire lives - Trump has just given it a voice.  That's why they love him - he says the quiet part out loud.

I can't say I'm surprised, but I am disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

I guess this is the place for this.
The anonymous author of this https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

is releasing a tell-all book next month, anonymously, of course. I still think it is The Conways   

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/22/anonymous-trump-op-ed-author-will-publish-book-about-president.html

The Conways would be my first guess too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kind of enjoying the fact that a high school history teacher has been typing for 15 minutes to school me on what the Army of Tennessee actually was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

You got that from StealthyCat's "American History" page 98, right?  Yeah, I read that, too. Were you going to plagiarize the whole thing for us?

1. Don't do that. 

2. You dropped $150k on an education you could have gotten for a few bucks in late charges at the public library. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

More disturbingly, no one stood up to him and told the guy his ideas are bad.

:confused: Just a few seconds into the clip a woman stands up and says "this is bull####" before walking out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zow said:

1. Don't do that. 

2. You dropped $150k on an education you could have gotten for a few bucks in late charges at the public library. 

Matt Damon deserves what he gets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zow said:

:confused: Just a few seconds into the clip a woman stands up and says "this is bull####" before walking out. 

I don't equate making a general comment and leaving to standing up to someone and explaining what's wrong with what they're saying.

Edited by Gr00vus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gr00vus said:

I don't equate making a comment and leaving to standing up to someone and explaining what's wrong with what they're saying.

I've been to some council meetings. I don't know if the floor was open to the public for comment. There's usually only a limited opportunity for such and it's in the beginning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the woman literally stupid up and called the guy out for bull####. :shrug: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm giving up. Half of Americans dont vote. We deserve what we get.

I'm sticking to raising up my handful of students, tutoring the ones that can afford my help, and taking care of my dad.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lutherman2112 said:

I'm giving up. Half of Americans dont vote. We deserve what we get.

I'm sticking to raising up my handful of students, tutoring the ones that can afford my help, and taking care of my dad.

 

Congratulations! You're halfway to being a Republican!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

To be fair, the Army of the Tennessee was basically built in Memphis/West Tennessee.  Sevier County is... let's say not West Tennessee.

But that Army made the Atlanta campaign.  

Edit: frankly, I'm concerned about what you're teaching our youth. It's like a white man has... oooohhhhhh.  Now I see.

Are you saying that "THE Tennessee" and "Tennessee" are the same thing?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Are you saying that "THE Tennessee" and "Tennessee" are the same thing?   

No, I'm saying Sherman commanded the District of West Tennessee, which the Union controlled, under Grant and the Army of West Tennessee was the Army of The Tennessee (River) and that Sherman's own escort of the "Alabama Cavalry" was primarily Tennessee soldiers.  But we don't have a "West Tennessee" anymore, it's part of Tennessee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

No, I'm saying Sherman commanded the District of West Tennessee, which the Union controlled, under Grant and the Army of West Tennessee was the Army of The Tennessee (River) and that Sherman's own escort of the "Alabama Cavalry" was primarily Tennessee soldiers.  But we don't have a "West Tennessee" anymore, it's part of Tennessee.

https://imgflip.com/i/3e26st

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Took awhile, but some one got it.

Nah, I got it right away. He's used it on me before. Or at least some pernicious iteration of Orton has.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

I'm just saying if Sherman had spent some time in a classroom with some of those guys, maybe their scions would be better citizens.

Edited by Henry Ford
I always do that. Scions, not ancestors. I'm old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Nah, I got it right away. He's used it on me before. Or at least some pernicious iteration of Orton has.

Pernicious iteration of Orton should be the title of every QB for the Bears for all time.

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry Ford said:

Pernicious iteration of Orton should be the title of every QB for the Bears for all time.

You must roster Robinson or one of the crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You must roster Robinson or one of the crew.

God no.  My teams generally make the playoffs. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

so saying lynching ia cool now?

Trump says and does a lot of really dumb stuff - so I am sort of ok piling on whenever he opens his mouth.

 

But, I do think this one is being blown a little out of proportion.  I think calling something a "lynching" is akin to saying someone is being railroaded.  I get the historic connotation with lynching - but its also a term that has been used quite a bit to describe how Trump feels about this process.  It just feels like this is more about kicking Trump when he is down, than any substantive outrage.

I mean, in the history of the world, I imagine more "witches" have been burned/drowned/executed than African-American lynches - yet nobody was outraged when this was all a witch-hunt - which obviously disrespects all the (mostly) women who have been falsely accused of being a witch, and then executed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.