Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

It’s how it is. The day after it was reported that the President was shuttled to a bunker - and everyone could see the White House lights were out, which is unprecedented - he gassed peaceful protestors, threatened military intervention, and cleared a space so he could violate public and private property, wrap himself in religion (which he himself ignores) and tradition (which he also regularly tramples) for the sake of a photo op to get just the reaction he’s getting from you, his base. You’re living proof of it.

Until they suffer directly from Trump's incessant failures and failings, they'll never acknowledge this - maybe not even then. There's a large element of society that refuses to contemplate the likelihood that they're being defrauded until the fraud costs them dearly, and Trump takes full advantage of that element continuously.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

Until they suffer directly from Trump's incessant failures and failings, they'll never acknowledge this - maybe not even then. There's a large element of society that refuses to contemplate the likelihood that they're being defrauded until the fraud costs them dearly, and Trump takes full advantage of that element continuously.

Just like his business investors, this realization usually happens a few years later when it's too late to do anything about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Brony said:

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

"I take no responsibility"

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

During the interview, Trump said it wasn’t his first time in the bunker. He said he had been there “two and a half times” to get a feel for the space, not to protect him from any potential threat.

 

How are you in a bunker for 'half time'?

  • Laughing 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

During the interview, Trump said it wasn’t his first time in the bunker. He said he had been there “two and a half times” to get a feel for the space, not to protect him from any potential threat.

 

How are you in a bunker for 'half time'?

Like when you ask a little kid how old they are. I guess, with Trump's mental prowess these days, it's akin to the same.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

During the interview, Trump said it wasn’t his first time in the bunker. He said he had been there “two and a half times” to get a feel for the space, not to protect him from any potential threat.

 

How are you in a bunker for 'half time'?

But yeah...Trump will kill Biden in debates because biden will have gaffes.

Maybe the WH is like when you are buying a house...it has 2 and a half bunkers.

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

But yeah...Trump will kill Biden in debates because biden will have gaffes.

Maybe the WH is like when you are buying a house...it has 2 and a half bunkers.

The key is that Trumps supporters will never budge a mm and everyone else knows he is a trainwreck

Biden isn't supposed to be a trainwreck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Rockchild said:

During the interview, Trump said it wasn’t his first time in the bunker. He said he had been there “two and a half times” to get a feel for the space, not to protect him from any potential threat.

 

How are you in a bunker for 'half time'?

Well silly, you can't be alpha if you hide out 3 times, you know like 3 strikes and you are out.  So he just calls it a half time so he doesn't loose the MAGA crowd support!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2020 at 9:06 AM, Opie said:
On 6/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, joffer said:

no bullets...no dogs...no water hoses....good grief

Had any of those methods been used to clear the park....you'd have a complaint

So it just happens that Trump used the correct amount of force. Anything above what he did would have been wrong. Amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, he’s telling the truth this time. Honestly. Just ignore the other 19,999 lies.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Well silly, you can't be alpha if you hide out 3 times, you know like 3 strikes and you are out.  So he just calls it a half time so he doesn't loose the MAGA crowd support!

In The Baseball Forum they would call that a "check swing".

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rockchild said:

During the interview, Trump said it wasn’t his first time in the bunker. He said he had been there “two and a half times” to get a feel for the space, not to protect him from any potential threat.

 

How are you in a bunker for 'half time'?

He just went halfway down the steps and ran out of gas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mcintyre1 said:

So weird. 

If there's a riot outside the White House, I don't really have an issue with a president being moved to the bunker. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

He just went halfway down the steps and ran out of gas.

Or maybe he was on one of these and the power went out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So President Trump may have committed voter fraud.

Background

Basically it boils down to this: When Trump purchased Mar-a-lago, he wanted to make money off of it, only he couldn’t because it was a private residence. So he signed an agreement with Palm Beach to change it to a private club, but the agreement specifically states that it can not be used as a place of residence. Trump absolutely knows this (and has been violating that agreement since it only allows 3 non-consecutive visits of up to 7 days each per year). 

Florida law requires that you have an established private residence in order to vote and you must officially stipulate on the registration form that your address qualifies as a place of residence. Trump signed that voter registration form claiming Mar-a-lago as his private residence.

Now, I said above that he “may” have committed voter fraud, but with these facts, it seems 100% certain to me that he did in fact commit voter fraud. Practically a textbook case.

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zow said:

So weird. 

If there's a riot outside the White House, I don't really have an issue with a president being moved to the bunker. 

Exactly. There literally nothing wrong with it.  But his ego is so fragile that when a few inevitable criticisms come in (because when you’re a president you’ll always have critics), he has to lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

So President Trump may have committed voter fraud.

Background

Basically it boils down to this: When Trump purchased Mar-a-lago, he wanted to make money off of it, only he couldn’t because it was a private residence. So he signed an agreement with Palm Beach to change it to a private club, but the agreement specifically states that it can not be used as a place of residence. Trump absolutely knows this (and has been violating that agreement since it only allows 3 non-consecutive visits of up to 7 days each per year). 

Florida law requires that you have an established private residence in order to vote and you must officially stipulate on the registration form that your address qualifies as a place of residence. Trump signed that voter registration form claiming Mar-a-lago as his private residence.

Now, I said above that he “may” have committed voter fraud, but with these facts, it seems 100% certain to me that he did in fact commit voter fraud. Practically a textbook case.

Well no wonder he seems so well versed on voter fraud. 

It takes one to know one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children." - Jim Mattis

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Countdown to him being the target of the far right in 3....2....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whoknew said:

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children." - Jim Mattis

And yet there are those who can't wait to vote him back in. Says way more about them than him.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“This is an awful man, waving a book he hasn’t read, in front of a church he doesn’t attend, invoking laws he doesn’t understand, against fellow Americans he sees as enemies, wielding a military he dodged serving, to protect power he gained via accepting foreign interference, exploiting fear and anger he loves to stoke, after failing to address a pandemic he was warned about, and building it all on a bed of constant lies and childish inanity."
--Robert Hendrickson, Rector, Saint Philip’s in the Hills Episcopal Church

  • Like 6
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, whoknew said:

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people - does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children." - Jim Mattis

General Mattis was a Colonel when I got out, and I never had the honor to serve under his Command.  His reputation as a leader far proceeded him though.  We all knew who he was.  One of the Marine Corps elite finest.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, beef said:

General Mattis was a Colonel when I got out, and I never had the honor to serve under his Command.  His reputation as a leader far proceeded him though.  We all knew who he was.  One of the Marine Corps elite finest.

Soon to be ripped by the Trump conservatives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Soon to be ripped by the Trump conservatives.

I'm sure it won't even phase him one bit.  It didn't when Dems attacked him after being nominated for Sec. of Defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, beef said:

I'm sure it won't even phase him one bit.  It didn't when Dems attacked him after being nominated for Sec. of Defense.

Not sure how many attacked him. He was widely praised as a good pick here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Soon to be ripped by the Trump conservatives.

CNN showed clips of Trump praising Mattis at a rally soon after he appointed him. Crowd loved him, all cheering and I thought, "yup, you all loved Bob Mueller when Republicans appointed him too".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Not sure how many attacked him. He was widely praised as a good pick here.

Yes, he was confirmed 98-1. And the sole no vote was because of the 7 year waiver and not because of his qualifications

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Nope

Huh. I guess you and Trump are different. Because he didn't hold back. #twitter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed it to “Mad Dog”...

....His primary strength was not military, but rather personal public relations. I gave him a new life, things to do, and battles to win, but he seldom “brought home the bacon”. I didn’t like his “leadership” style or much else about him, and many others agree. Glad he is gone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whoknew said:

Huh. I guess you and Trump are different. Because he didn't hold back. #twitter

You guessed right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

LOL. The world's most overrated general.

Branch/service

United States Marine Corps

Years of service

1969–2013

Rank

General

Commands

United States Central Command

United States Joint Forces Command

Supreme Allied Commander Transformation

I Marine Expeditionary Force

United States Marine Forces Central Command

Marine Corps Combat Development Command

1st Marine Division

1st Marine Expeditionary Brigade

7th Marine Regiment

1st Battalion, 7th Marines

Battles/wars

Gulf War

War in Afghanistan

Iraq War

 • Invasion of Iraq

 • First Battle of Fallujah

 • Second Battle of Fallujah

Awards

Defense Distinguished Service Medal (2)

Navy Distinguished Service Medal

Defense Superior Service Medal

Legion of Merit

Bronze Star Medal(with Valor)

Meritorious Service Medal (3)

Edited by bigbottom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Huh. I guess you and Trump are different. Because he didn't hold back. #twitter

He took credit for calling him Mad Dog?  WTF :lmao:

Edited by sho nuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, & changed it to “Mad Dog”...

Donald would have been a much better General if it wasn't for those darn bone spurs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realized Mattis was a Brigadier General when I got out.  I'm a fool and will own that :lol: . Really just goes to show how much his reputation proceeded him since we all knew him as "Colonel Chaos."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

CNN showed clips of Trump praising Mattis at a rally soon after he appointed him. Crowd loved him, all cheering and I thought, "yup, you all loved Bob Mueller when Republicans appointed him too".

Did they also show the clips of him praising Steve King?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking

https://twitter.com/JoshNBCNews/status/1268353610385154050?s=20

Josh Lederman

@JoshNBCNews

BREAKING: 2 US lawmakers tell @NBCNews that fired Inspector General Steve Linick told Congress today that before he was ousted, he’d informed at least three top Pompeo aides that he was reviewing Pompeo and his wife’s use of government resources

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the only thing Barack Obama and I have in common is that we both had the honor of firing Jim Mattis, the world’s most overrated General. I asked for his letter of resignation, & felt great about. His nickname was “Chaos”, which I didn’t like, &

changed it to “Mad Dog”...

This is such a sad lie.

2013: "Mad Dog" Mattis on the importance of reading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Roy L Fewks said:

The whole Trump phenomenon is just so bizarre to me.  I don't ever recall people being so dedicated to a politician to the point of ignoring mounds of evidence about X (corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, etc.).  I mean, seriously - 5 years ago would anybody have said "I'll definitely support and stand behind Donald Trump over a decorated military man"?  I completely get why people attempt to "defend the shield" of the GOP or many of the beliefs and policies of the right and conservatives.  But for the life of me I just have no clue why they support this guy.  A guy that will lie about giving someone a nickname. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.