Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m very happy to see the President wear a mask today.  

Hard to imagine any scenario other than they told him he would not be allowed entry to the hospital without one.

which begs the question what did he consider so important that he was willing to give up that hill.

Edited by Apple Jack
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Apple Jack said:

Hard to imagine any scenario other than they told him he would not be allowed entry to the hospital without one.

Maybe but we have reached a point where anything helps to convince people to wear them.  There’s plenty of times and reasons to hammer him but he got one right even if he had little choice.

Trump defends golfing

President Trump defended his golfing in a Sunday morning tweet, calling the activity his “exercise.”

The president argued that he knows “many in business and politics that work out endlessly” and said “nobody complains.”

“My ‘exercise’ is playing, almost never during the week, a quick round of golf,” the president said. “Obama played more and much longer rounds, no problem.”

“When I play, Fake News CNN, and others, park themselves anywhere they can to get a picture, then scream ‘President Trump is playing golf,’” he added. “Actually, I play VERY fast, get a lot of work done on the golf course, and also get a ‘tiny’ bit of exercise. Not bad!”

His tweet comes a day after Golf News Net reported that his Saturday visit to Trump National Golf Club in Northern Virginia was the 275th time he visited a golf club as president and the 273rd time he traveled to one of his golf clubs as president.

Trump played golf in Virginia after postponing his scheduled rally in New Hampshire, citing storms expected in the area from Tropical Storm Fay.

Trump criticized former President Obama for playing golf during his time in office, vowing during a December 2015 campaign rally to operate differently. Trump had said he might not see his properties if he was elected, explaining, “Because I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go play golf,” CNN noted. 

Obama played 333 rounds of golf during his two-term presidency, according to Golf News Net. 

CNN, citing veteran CBS News White House correspondent Mark Knoller, noted in late May that Trump had spent all or part of 248 days at a golf course while president. Obama, by comparison, had played 98 rounds of golf through the same point in his presidency.

Trump on Sunday returned to his golf resort in Sterling, Va., his 86th visit to the club while president, according to a reporter traveling with him.

Posted (edited)

His exercise? He takes a cart. :lmao: He gets about the same exercise eating his Big Macs.

Edited by Apple Jack
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 4

11 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

His exercise? He takes a cart. :lmao: He gets about the same exercise eating his Big Macs.

Exercise

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, bigbottom said:

This is not necessarily a “something ain’t right with him” thing, but boy, the first minute of that (it’s all I cared to watch) was all on the original campaign trail and he sounded so different than now.  

Edited by That one guy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, That one guy said:

This is not necessarily a “something ain’t right with him” thing, but boy, the first minute of that (it’s all I cared to watch) was all on the original campaign trail and he sounded so different than now.  

I thought the same thing.

On 7/12/2020 at 6:34 PM, Apple Jack said:

I've stated this before here but I take zero issue with any president golfing once or even twice per week as a way to clear his or her head (exercise or not - it can still be a healthy activity). This is what I do myself so I totally get it. No issue as well with tax dollars being used to facilitate the outings as well. 

Issue with Trump doing it is again the blatant hypocrisy of it. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zow said:

I've stated this before here but I take zero issue with any president golfing once or even twice per week as a way to clear his or her head (exercise or not - it can still be a healthy activity). This is what I do myself so I totally get it. No issue as well with tax dollars being used to facilitate the outings as well. 

Correct. And the volume. He's golfed roughly 1/4 days in office. 

The other issue being that he's done it at his properties so that increased cost plus the revenue generated for his businesses. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Zow said:

It’s not that healthy of a sport when you just swing the club 40 to 50 times while driving a cart from tee to green and have a fore-caddie do all the other work for you. Raking bunkers, etc.  Come on man.

32 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

It’s not that healthy of a sport when you just swing the club 40 to 50 times while driving a cart from tee to green and have a fore-caddie do all the other work for you. Raking bunkers, etc.  Come on man.

It's healthy for one's mental health is what I mean. Any president should need to find ways to engage in activities that can, even if just for a couple of hours, focus on one meaningless activity to temporarily zone out the stressors of the job. 

Does Trump play golf in the laziest and most high maintenance way possible? Of course (did you really expect him to be hoofing iit with his own bag and not acting like he owns the place?). But I still think it's a decent activity for him to engage in and, again, only take issue with it because it's so blatantly hypocritical. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

0h noes :lmao:

Do you really not take issue with (or at least see how others could) him being publicly critical of Obama for golfing to the extent that he claims he would never golf if he were president only to see him golf at a higher frequency and more costly rate upon becoming president??

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

The other issue being that he's done it at his properties so that increased cost plus the revenue generated for his businesses. 

Really I see those issues as being somewhat minor. As for volume, my understanding is that he's not playing full rounds and that, again, this is his primary source of "exercise." If that's the case I don't see it as a huge deal. 

For the location, yeah ideally he'd play at Camp David to keep costs down - and I would like to see him do it more often - but I get the desire to play the "nicer" courses so the location doesn't bother me a ton (ideally, he'd do this at select times where he takes like a three day weekend or whatever). 

26 minutes ago, Zow said:

It's healthy for one's mental health is what I mean. Any president should need to find ways to engage in activities that can, even if just for a couple of hours, focus on one meaningless activity to temporarily zone out the stressors of the job. 

Does Trump play golf in the laziest and most high maintenance way possible? Of course (did you really expect him to be hoofing iit with his own bag and not acting like he owns the place?). But I still think it's a decent activity for him to engage in and, again, only take issue with it because it's so blatantly hypocritical. 

I take issue with a bit how he plays the game too...own the place or not, driving up on the green and tee boxes is a #### move.

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

This is the issue I have. 

I don't think playing golf even cracks my personal Top 100 Reasons To Oppose Trump list.  Literally.  I would be happy if he spent more time on the golf course if it meant less time on social media.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I don't think playing golf even cracks my personal Top 100 Reasons To Oppose Trump list.  Literally.  I would be happy if he spent more time on the golf course if it meant less time on social media.

Agree completely.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Sure...though Id prefer he do it at less of a cost to the taxpayer.  Its just another thing on the rather large pile of things he is extremely hypocritical about.

13 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Eh, I think it'd make my top 100 because it's such an obvious example that he's completely full of #### when he makes public claims. 

But yeah I'd much rather he just play golf constantly and not enact any EOs or engage in any sort of foreign affairs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

The  playing golf is basically low hanging fruit as an easy symbol of his (and his supporters) hypocrisy.  I don't think anybody really cares that he plays a lot of golf.  What bothers me is the obvious self-dealing.  Every time he plays golf at one of his own properties or spends the weekend at Mara Lago or his other resorts, he makes money at taxpayers expense, and it's not an insignificant amount.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Zow said:

And the frequency that he goes to NY or FL to do it, rather than playing locally. I do not begrudge him going to his place at Lowes Island (it'll always be Lowes Island for me) unless he's funneling taxpayer money into his club at a greater cost than it would be for him to go anywhere else locally.

No problem with any president playing golf on weekends or even occasionally during the week, especially if they are legitimately doing business. That's a real thing. Though, I suspect not as much with DJT.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Man, it is pain to listen to him.

Edited by Slapdash
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

This is the most depressing thing I've ever listened to.  Depressing because there are millions of people who listen to stuff like this and think "heck yea!".  I can't even begin to touch on how many ways this is all so backwards.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

even cracks my personal Top 100 Reasons To Oppose Trump list. 

this doesn't even crack my top 10,000 reasons, but does anyone else find it extremely annoying when he repeatedly talks about people having "The Sniffles" to minimize the seriousness of those infected with Covid-19?   with 136,000+ dead?

"The Sniffles"

Edited by song
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slapdash said:

So a news conference turns into a rally?  What is the point of this?  I shouldn't be surprised at this "news" conference, but he sure has lowered the bar for the presidency.  

56 minutes ago, bshell27 said:

So a news conference turns into a rally?  What is the point of this?  I shouldn't be surprised at this "news" conference, but he sure has lowered the bar for the presidency.  

The actual major news outlets cut away to commercial once they realized it wasn’t really a “press conference” but rather a taxpayer funded rally. Only Fox News and OAN covered the entire conference/rally.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That "press conference" yesterday was the most unhinged bunch of nonsense I've ever heard any public figure make. If he was your grandfather, you'd put him in a home if he spoke like that.

Edited by Workhorse
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

The numbers aren’t going to get any better for Trump. He’s only now starting to realize how badly he’s going to lose this election. 

The scary question is: how ugly is he going to get in the next few months?

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The numbers aren’t going to get any better for Trump. He’s only now starting to realize how badly he’s going to lose this election. 

Boy I sure hope you are right.  I know many educated people who still stand by this guy.....and won't vote left no matter what. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

Boy I sure hope you are right.  I know many educated people who still stand by this guy.....and won't vote left no matter what. 

Unfortunately, same here.  Not just stand by him...praise him and make excuses for all the crap.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Yea - I wouldn't spike the football just yet. 

Polls have started to tighten slightly over the last week or so.

4 hours ago, Workhorse said:

That "press conference" yesterday was the most unhinged bunch of nonsense I've ever heard any public figure make. If he was your grandfather, you'd put him in a home if he spoke like that.

I loved my grandfathers and knew they lived their lives in a noble way.   So there would be plenty of compassion and understanding.  Trump has been horrible in every aspect of his life and doesn't deserve the same consideration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

College-educated and (I like to think) reasonably intelligent here.  I'm not a Trump fan, but my dislike for him is nothing compared to my dislike for AOC, Ilhan Omar, and the rest of the far-left extremists who'd certainly have input on Biden's presidency.  So Trump it is... :shrug:

• Sad 4

Trump's approval numbers tend to improve once his behavior is normalized. Lucky for Biden, Trump has been unable to show any kind of stability for more than a few days at a time, so chances are good that he'll do something else to tank his numbers in October.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, gruecd said:

College-educated and (I like to think) reasonably intelligent here.  I'm not a Trump fan, but my dislike for him is nothing compared to my dislike for AOC, Ilhan Omar, and the rest of the far-left extremists who'd certainly have input on Biden's presidency.  So Trump it is... :shrug:

Trump has nutjob far-right extremists directly advising him every day, guiding his policies. His entire presidency has been a string of corruption, lies, handouts to the rich, and racism. IMO that's so so much worse than a few junior reps who want to save the planet. I really don't get it. At all.

Edited by mrip541
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, mrip541 said:

Trump has nutjob far-right extremists directly advising him every day, guiding his policies. His entire presidency has been a string of corruption, lies, handouts to the rich, and racism. IMO that's so so much worse than a few junior senators who want to save the planet. I really don't get it. At all.

"Save the planet," get rid of the police, destroy capitalism.... :whistle:

Edited by gruecd
  • Laughing 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, gruecd said:

Save the planet, destroy capitalism.... :whistle:

There is a 0% chance that a Biden presidency would destroy capitalism.

Edited by mrip541
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gruecd said:

"Save the planet," get rid of the police, destroy capitalism.... :whistle:

I'm kind of in favor of the saving the planet one.   ;) 

• Like 6
  • Laughing 1

13 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

There is a 0% chance that a Biden presidency would destroy Capitalism.

Or "get rid of police".

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, gruecd said:

I wish you'd reconsider because I think the damage Trump does to our institutions every day is incredibly damaging and far, far worse than Biden could ever do. Even if he were going to be heavily influenced by the far left of the property - which I don't think he will be.

But I reckon we could go round and round on this with neither of us moving. You seem like a nice fella - and I know I am. So stay safe.

• Like 2