Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

33 minutes ago, apalmer said:

There was no source. That means whistleblower just took a wild guess that Trump brought up investigating Biden in his phone call. Seriously?

It's his same defense for the dozens(?) of sexual assault/harassment lawsuits against him.  All of the plaintiffs are lying and made up the accusations out of thin air. 

1 hour ago, beef said:

I've been thinking about these judges but not sure I fully understand the process of installing them and any resume requirements.  

All are approved by Senate, right?  So mostly conservative view, constitution as written, judges.  Is there a concern that some of these judges don't have real law backgrounds and experience, or believe in the constitution and have a real political or financial agendas?

some have been so bad they've actually been withdrawn, like guys who couldn't answer basic legal questions.

• Thanks 1

I also recall reading that some bar associations had weighed in on some of the judicial nominees because they were so badly unqualified. But, lawyers, pfft. amirite? The Heritage Foundation knows best.

If I get banned for the previous post, I hope some of my lawyer friends in here will come to the defense of my sick sense of humor.

16 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

If I get banned for the previous post, I hope some of my lawyer friends in here will come to the defense of my sick sense of humor.

You have friends?

10 hours ago, Choke said:

CNN’s fact-checking reporter Daniel Dale on Wednesday night toiled to keep up with the number of lies and baseless claims made by President Donald Trump at his rally in Louisiana.

“He is saying false/misleading/bizarre things in rapid succession, faster than I can type,” he tweeted at one point.

Between all the lies, insults, fake news, divisiveness, and creating a huge divide between his base and the rest of the country...what's not to love about his events?!?!?!??!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, beef said:

Judge orders Trump to pay $2 million for misusing his foundation

The money raised "was used for Mr. Trump’s political campaign and disbursed by Mr. Trump’s campaign staff," the judge noted.

People that steal from charities are some of the worst among us. They should be in jail. 

ETA 

Yes, this was a civil lawsuit but they still should be behind bars. 

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut
  • Like 1

Another topic outside of my area of knowledge.  So, if you steal from a foundation and get caught, you just have to pay it back?  No other penalties?  

Edited by beef
  • Like 3

Scumbags do scumbag things. But overachieving scumbags steal from charities on top of their standard scumbag things.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, joffer said:

easily the most lasting damage he will do unless he starts a war

Just imagine if he gets four more years

1 hour ago, beef said:

Another topic outside of my area of knowledge.  So, if you steal from a foundation and get caught, you just have to pay it back?  No other penalties?  

Almost seems worth taking a chance

2 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

I think floppo likes me a little.

It's plausible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

Just imagine if he gets four more years

If it's from a judge, I won't be upset.

4 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Sure. For $300/hr. 

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Zow said:

Sure. For $300/hr. 

All I need now is for Christo to offer to defend me (for $400 an hour!) to complete the circle of irony.

6 hours ago, EYLive said:

Scumbags do scumbag things. But overachieving scumbags steal from charities on top of their standard scumbag things.

I know a lot of scumbags.  I understand what you are saying but some have rules. Stealing from charities is an "impeachable" offense. It's just dumb for so many reasons.

"Just because you tell someone to 'Prepare to die', that doesn't mean that you're threatening them!"*

*not a real quote (yet)

5 hours ago, whoknew said:

We know Trump is like this. It doesn't help to write some Anonymous book.

Come forward. Tell the world your first hand experience. Be a hero.

A hero like Omorosa.

7 hours ago, whoknew said:

We know Trump is like this. It doesn't help to write some Anonymous book.

Come forward. Tell the world your first hand experience. Be a hero.

Melania probably thinks it's in her best interests to stay Anonymous

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Oh well he could also move to Alabama and run there

Alabama? Small change. Eventually the GOP is going to need somebody of his caliber to succeed Trump. 

3 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Jordan says it's just a political hit.  Riiiiiiiiight.

"An investigation commissioned by the university and conducted by the Perkins Coie law firm found that what Strauss was doing was an “open secret” and that the coaches and administrators at Ohio State knew for two decades that the doctor was abusing students but failed to stop him, according to a report released in May."

6 minutes ago, Mookie said:

Jordan says it's just a political hit.  Riiiiiiiiight.

"An investigation commissioned by the university and conducted by the Perkins Coie law firm found that what Strauss was doing was an “open secret” and that the coaches and administrators at Ohio State knew for two decades that the doctor was abusing students but failed to stop him, according to a report released in May."

Clearly a hit job

And we all know he is a sign from God that he is in politics 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 7:43 AM, joffer said:

easily the most lasting damage he will do unless he starts a war

Let's not underestimate how much he's set us back on the issue of climate change. 

5 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

He looks yuge in profile. And with bad posture to boot.

We've long forgotten about it but nobody under the age of 80 should ever have cast a vote for a man with hair that phony.

You're calling this stuff hair?

17 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

I wonder if Stephen miller was taking his advice when he went on tv with all that shoe polish on his head.

On another note, bringing parents whose child was killed by a diplomats wife to the White House to try to smooth it all over was bad enough. Having the her in the next room to try to get a photo op was bad. But now, it also comes out that he told them that Mnuchin was standing by to write a check. 

What’s wrong with America? This. Money does everything, the people with money are in power, and when they screw up either by accident or on purpose they simply throw some money at it and move on. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing says “I’m sorry for the death of your son” like cash. Oof.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

That looks like someone tried to make Lex Luthor a Super Saiyan.

• Laughing 1

When Trump arrived in the White House in 2017, there were 241 Republicans in the House.

Today, 100 of those members have gone or have announced they're leaving.

That's 41% of that original 241 in the 115th House.

Trump = GOP

GOP = Trump

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

When Trump arrived in the White House in 2017, there were 241 Republicans in the House.

Today, 100 of those members have gone or have announced they're leaving.

That's 41% of that original 241 in the 115th House.

Trump = GOP

GOP = Trump

update:

Jake Sherman@JakeSherman · 50m

NEWS... longtime New York GOP Rep. @RepPeteKing announced he will not run for re-election. This Long Island-based seat —R+3 — is likely to be competitive in 2020.

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

update:

NEWS... longtime New York GOP Rep. @RepPeteKing announced he will not run for re-election. This Long Island-based seat —R+3 — is likely to be competitive in 2020.

Is this how the current elected goppers show that they are not supporting the way the party is moving? It would seem a very weak for of protest...

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

update:

yeah that went from a 24 point gap in 2016 to a 6 point gap in 2018.  i'd think the DCCC will be all over that with no incumbent now.

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

update:

Bookmarked this article listing retiring members of Congress...it seems they are updating it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/461771-here-are-the-lawmakers-who-arent-seeking-reelection-in-2020

• Thanks 1

Don Jr's book tour not going so well...

Trump and girlfriend walk off stage at event promoting book - after crowd heckles them.

Now, I am sure some of you are thinking: "Silly Libs, so triggered!"

Turns out the outrage was caused by far-right members of the crowd who were angry that Jr cancelled a Q&A portion of the event...

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Don Jr's book tour not going so well...

Trump and girlfriend walk off stage at event promoting book - after crowd heckles them.

Now, I am sure some of you are thinking: "Silly Libs, so triggered!"

Turns out the outrage was caused by far-right members of the crowd who were angry that Jr cancelled a Q&A portion of the event...

I love the shot about telling college students they have to get dates ONLINE! :jawdrop: They can't possibly be this ignorant no expecting this response from UCLA students? It smells like a cheap play for Fox News to run with something about liberals on college campuses. 

Edited by JbizzleMan

Whatever you think of Trumps' strengths - reading someone else's speech is not one of them...