Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

I can sort of understand how his ego forces him to state things in an effort to make people think he's knowledgeable, expert, but to make these kinds of statements contrary to broadly known facts is a really strange affliction. Even worse that he doubles down on not admitting when he's wrong.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

I can sort of understand how his ego forces him to state things in an effort to make people think he's knowledgeable, expert, but to make these kinds of statements contrary to broadly known facts is a really strange affliction. Even worse that he doubles down on not admitting when he's wrong.

Tomorrow, McEnany will say, "What he obviously meant was that the Spanish Flu lead to Hitler fearing there would be an even worse pandemic. So he invaded Russia to find more land. And then committed suicide to avoid the coming pandemic. So Trump was right. Fake news."

Then Wednesday, she will say he was obviously joking.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The General said:

Yup. :lol: He also started this history lesson off with saying it was in 1917, the great pandemic. :lol:

Not The Onion.

It’s incredible.  He says 1917 once, no big deal to any normal human, but this guy is just not capable of saying “oops, my bad.”  Instead, he keeps saying 1917 rather than correct himself.

It’s fascinating.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Zigg said:

It’s incredible.  He says 1917 once, no big deal to any normal human, but this guy is just not capable of saying “oops, my bad.”  Instead, he keeps saying 1917 rather than correct himself.

It’s fascinating.

It’s like the hurricane. Just redraw the map. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheMagus said:

Wait. What? He said this?

Sarcasm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, killface said:

It's amazing that this man, of all people, can claim that someone else is mentally incompetent.

More amazing that his followers will continue to spread this belief on social media, and of course believe it

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

I can sort of understand how his ego forces him to state things in an effort to make people think he's knowledgeable, expert, but to make these kinds of statements contrary to broadly known facts is a really strange affliction. Even worse that he doubles down on not admitting when he's wrong.

I enjoy the opposite - when he shares a fact that is true and well-known by absolutely everyone, but he acts like it’s some gem of knowledge that very few people know and he is sharing it with us for the first time. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The General said:

“Spanish flu ended WW II” -DJT

I hope this Covid-19 pandemic doesn't last 27 years. 

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The General said:

It’s like the hurricane. Just redraw the map. 

You never know if you nuke a hurricane it just might alter it's original storm track😁

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

I can sort of understand how his ego forces him to state things in an effort to make people think he's knowledgeable, expert, but to make these kinds of statements contrary to broadly known facts is a really strange affliction. Even worse that he doubles down on not admitting when he's wrong.

Like when he had the advocate for Agent Orange victims in the Oval Office, and Trump got it confused with napalm, even referencing the movie "Apocalypse Now" to prove his point, but refused to back down even when it was explained that Agent Orange and napalm were not remotely the same thing.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bigbottom said:

I enjoy the opposite - when he shares a fact that is true and well-known by absolutely everyone, but he acts like it’s some gem of knowledge that very few people know and he is sharing it with us for the first time. 

Example:  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-abraham-lincoln-president-doral-golf-resort-venezuela-a9613666.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The General said:

“Spanish flu ended WW II” -DJT

Somebody must have told him the first flu vaccine didn't come until WWII and he went full Germans/Pearl Harbor. The best words.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bigbottom said:

I enjoy the opposite - when he shares a fact that is true and well-known by absolutely everyone, but he acts like it’s some gem of knowledge that very few people know and he is sharing it with us for the first time. 

"Did you know that the first music video played on MTV was The Buggles, Video Killed the Radio Star? It's true. A lot of people don't know that. Way back in 1997."

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

"Did you know that the first music video played on MTV was The Buggles, Video Killed the Radio Star? It's true. A lot of people don't know that. Way back in 1997."

"This sucks Butthead change it"

  • Like 3
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bigbottom said:
12 hours ago, bigbottom said:

I enjoy the opposite - when he shares a fact that is true and well-known by absolutely everyone, but he acts like it’s some gem of knowledge that very few people know and he is sharing it with us for the first time. 

Example:  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-abraham-lincoln-president-doral-golf-resort-venezuela-a9613666.html

3:30 here.

"Russia used to be a thing called Soviet Union...just so you do understand"

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the moops said:

3:30 here.

"Russia used to be a thing called Soviet Union...just so you do understand"

Wow I wonder if that highly classified info was meant to be shared with the world? 

  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

I can sort of understand how his ego forces him to state things in an effort to make people think he's knowledgeable, expert, but to make these kinds of statements contrary to broadly known facts is a really strange affliction. Even worse that he doubles down on not admitting when he's wrong.

He is totally unwilling to admit he's not good at something or doesn't know about something, even when he himself has admitted not knowing about it. And he's not bright enough to even be able to fake it. 

Trump discusses his favorite book after admitting he's never read it

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Floating a capital gains tax cut now.

You almost have to admire the audacity.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 10:25 AM, Ilov80s said:

He is totally unwilling to admit he's not good at something or doesn't know about something, even when he himself has admitted not knowing about it. And he's not bright enough to even be able to fake it. 

Trump discusses his favorite book after admitting he's never read it

The man drew on a map with a sharpie to avoid admitting he was wrong about a hurricane. There are hundreds of examples of this type of behavior.

He's unlike any person I have ever encountered IRL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, The General said:

The man drew on a map with a sharpie to avoid admitting he was wrong about a hurricane. There are hundreds of examples of this type of behavior.

He's unlike any person I have ever encountered IRL.

and we are supposed to question Biden's mental acuity??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The General said:

The man drew on a map with a sharpie to avoid admitting he was wrong about a hurricane. There are hundreds of examples of this type of behavior.

He's unlike any person I have ever encountered IRL.

I knew one person who had a similarly horrible flaw. He was a relentless one-upper. There wasn’t a single topic that could be brought up that he didn’t know more about or have a better story or know someone who was super important. He was the worst and everybody at work hated him. He over the top hit on every woman and obsessively bragged. He was also probably about 30 and was working with mostly HS and college kids. That’s by far the closest thing I’ve seen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I knew one person who had a similarly horrible flaw. He was a relentless one-upper. There wasn’t a single topic that could be brought up that he didn’t know more about or have a better story or know someone who was super important. He was the worst and everybody at work hated him. He over the top hit on every woman and obsessively bragged. He was also probably about 30 and was working with mostly HS and college kids. That’s by far the closest thing I’ve seen.

Now imaging him getting people to vote for him for Prez. Craziest thing in my lifetime. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 12:38 PM, [scooter] said:

Just fielded a phone call from my 76-year-old dad.

Him: "What is Tik Tok and why does Trump hate it?"

Me: "Go to YouTube and search for Sarah Cooper videos."

He calls back 5 minutes later...

Him: "This is the funniest thing since Johnny Carson!"

Sarah Cooper guest-hosted Jimmy Kimmel Live last night and did a great job

"Basically, I'm the reason your grandpa downloaded Tik Tok" :lol:

She just signed a deal to do a Netflix special, too...

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The General said:

Now imaging him getting people to vote for him for Prez. Craziest thing in my lifetime. 

Yeah, he was really popular at first. But it took like 2 weeks from him to go from the cool guy to the annoying idiot. Trump has managed to not wear out his welcome with his supporters. I don’t know how in this day and age someone could get such a loyal base but he’s done it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Yeah, he was really popular at first. But it took like 2 weeks from him to go from the cool guy to the annoying idiot. Trump has managed to not wear out his welcome with his supporters. I don’t know how in this day and age someone could get such a loyal base but he’s done it. 

He tells them what they want to hear - regardless of whether a) it's true, b) it's reasonable, c) he actually believes it d) he actually cares about it e) he actually delivers on it. As long as they give him what he wants, he'll keep it up. The guy has found people to defraud his entire life, he's just doing it in a government context now.

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

He tells them what they want to hear - regardless of whether a) it's true, b) it's reasonable, c) he actually believes it d) he actually cares about it e) he actually delivers on it. As long as they give him what he wants, he'll keep it up. The guy has found people to defraud his entire life, he's just doing it in a government context now.

Does he though? He seems to say contradictory things and he also says things that his supporters don't agree with because they will brush it off as a joke. I don't think what he says matters all that much.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump loses bid to kill endangered birds. 

Quoting ‘To Kill a Mockingbird,’ judge strikes down Trump administration rollback of historic law protecting birds

Wants to get rid of even more environmental protections like conserving water

US proposes change to shower rules after Trump’s hair-washing moan

 

Other than a tax cut for the richest in the country these have been his policies. The policies his supporters claim to love. 

  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Green Balloons said:

Wants to get rid of even more environmental protections like conserving water

US proposes change to shower rules after Trump’s hair-washing moan

“People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once,” Trump told a meeting of small business leaders at the White House.

Wait, what?

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

“People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once,” Trump told a meeting of small business leaders at the White House.

Wait, what?

It's either the all fast food and well done steak diet or someone switched the channel to King of the Hill on WTBS. 

Edited by Green Balloons
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, bigbottom said:
1 hour ago, Green Balloons said:

Wants to get rid of even more environmental protections like conserving water

US proposes change to shower rules after Trump’s hair-washing moan

“People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once,” Trump told a meeting of small business leaders at the White House.

Wait, what?

He saw a cartoon 20 years ago which mocked low-flow toilets......and he thinks it's still a thing.

I'm not kidding

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Green Balloons said:

Trump loses bid to kill endangered birds. 

Quoting ‘To Kill a Mockingbird,’ judge strikes down Trump administration rollback of historic law protecting birds

Wants to get rid of even more environmental protections like conserving water

US proposes change to shower rules after Trump’s hair-washing moan

 

Other than a tax cut for the richest in the country these have been his policies. The policies his supporters claim to love. 

Looks like he needs to build some more windmills 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osaurus said:

Looks like he needs to build some more windmills 

He really won't be happy until him and his rich friends have destroyed everything

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, killface said:

He really won't be happy until him and his rich friends have destroyed everything

It sure seems that way.  :(

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As a lucky recipient of all of Donald Trump's email/text campaign donation missives (which average about 10 per day), I was invited to participate in his "official poll". Of course it included the anticipated questions like "How do you identify yourself?" with the choices being American or Socialist. But, the standout as far as I'm concerned was:

"What do you believe is the most important issue facing our country right now?

 __Immigration

 __The Economy

 __Rebuilding our military

 __Taking care of our veterans

 __National Security

 __Draining the Swamp

 __Lowering the cost of healthcare

 __Protecting the Second Amendment

 __ALL OF THE ABOVE"

Notice anything missing?  Can't suggest that Covid-19 is an important issue like protecting the Second Amendment or his supporters might start thinking it isn't a hoax.  And, oh yeah, there is that whole civil rights thing floating around out there, but that's not really important.

Edited by apalmer
  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, apalmer said:

As a lucky recipient of all of Donald Trump's email/text campaign donation missives (which average about 10 per day), I was invited to participate in his "official poll". Of course it included the anticipated questions like "How do you identify yourself?" with the choices being American or Socialist. But, the standout as far as I'm concerned was:

"What do you believe is the most important issue facing our country right now?

 __Immigration

 __The Economy

 __Rebuilding our military

 __Taking care of our veterans

 __National Security

 __Draining the Swamp

 __Lowering the cost of healthcare

 __Protecting the Second Amendment

 __ALL OF THE ABOVE"

Notice anything missing?  Can't suggest that Covid-19 is an important issue like protecting the Second Amendment or his supporters might start thinking it isn't a hoax.  And, oh yeah, there is that whole civil rights thing floating around out there, but that's not really important.

Can't believe he stills runs on draining the swamp.  He is literally the most swamp filling administration that I can remember.  He literally has the fox running the hen house in pretty much every position.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, killface said:

Can't believe he stills runs on draining the swamp.  He is literally the most swamp filling administration that I can remember.  He literally has the fox running the hen house in pretty much every position.  

Dude, hasn't he fired or had his administration's justice system prosecute all the criminals, con artists and idiots that he has appointed? Nobody has been quicker to fire their staff. 

  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, apalmer said:

As a lucky recipient of all of Donald Trump's email/text campaign donation missives (which average about 10 per day), I was invited to participate in his "official poll". Of course it included the anticipated questions like "How do you identify yourself?" with the choices being American or Socialist. But, the standout as far as I'm concerned was:

"What do you believe is the most important issue facing our country right now?

 __Immigration

 __The Economy

 __Rebuilding our military

 __Taking care of our veterans

 __National Security

 __Draining the Swamp

 __Lowering the cost of healthcare

 __Protecting the Second Amendment

 __ALL OF THE ABOVE"

Notice anything missing?  Can't suggest that Covid-19 is an important issue like protecting the Second Amendment or his supporters might start thinking it isn't a hoax.  And, oh yeah, there is that whole civil rights thing floating around out there, but that's not really important.

that's pretty rich.  Covid, unemployment, the environment, civil rights?  Geez.  Is anyone really that gullible?   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, killface said:

Can't believe he stills runs on draining the swamp.  He is literally the most swamp filling administration that I can remember.  He literally has the fox running the hen house in pretty much every position.  

And the USPS hire/appointment might be the most blatant and while I see plenty of tweets and minor news articles, the majority of our media just brushes this off.  

Edited by urbanhack
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody irritated by his play to “suburban housewives?”  I would be rallying on the fallout - where does he want to put low income housing?  Just funnel them all into some common location where they will have zero chance to succeed?  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nobody irritated by his play to “suburban housewives?”  I would be rallying on the fallout - where does he want to put low income housing?  Just funnel them all into some common location where they will have zero chance to succeed?  

That's unimportant.  The important part is that the wimmenz feel safe from the outsiders.  He's all about the feelz.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Brony said:

that's pretty rich.  Covid, unemployment, the environment, civil rights?  Geez.  Is anyone really that gullible?   

narrator?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nobody irritated by his play to “suburban housewives?”  I would be rallying on the fallout - where does he want to put low income housing?  Just funnel them all into some common location where they will have zero chance to succeed?  

I thought it was interesting to see that when Trump didn't get much traction from his initial race-baiting, he doubled down on it.

Hey suburban housewives! Not only will Joe Biden put low income housing in your neighborhood, but the program WILL BE RUN BY A BLACK MAN!!!

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lmao:

Avenatti, Part II

 

#BREAKING The foreword for Michael Cohen’s book is out — and it contains allegations of deviant sex acts and a backchannel to Putin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“From golden showers in a sex club in Vegas, to tax fraud, to deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union, to catch and kill conspiracies, to silencing Trump’s clandestine lovers, I wasn’t just a witness to the president’s rise—I was an active and eager participant,” it says, among other things.

 

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/the-foreword-for-michael-cohens-book-is-out-and-it-contains-allegations-of-deviant-acts-and-a-backchannel-to-putin/

 

 

Even in the Trump-era, nobody is believing this story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cohen's wording makes it sound like he was an "active and eager participant" in golden showers.  I hate to kink shame, but Ew.

Much like with Bolton, I refuse to pick a side between two equally morally reprehensible people (and to the extent that Cohen is betraying at least some attorney/client confidences he's obviously not a hero).  For what it's worth, however, a lot of these allegations are things that we already have a lot of evidence of. 

We know that Trump Org. stated radically different values for its assets when dealing with creditors versus when it dealt with the IRS. We obviously know about the catch and kill arrangement with the Enquirer and the NDAs.  The "deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union" could relate to either the Trump Tower Moscow project or the property in Baku.  I'm not sure anything has been built in Baku in the last three decades without deals with corrupt officials from the former Soviet Union.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bigbottom said:

“People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once,” Trump told a meeting of small business leaders at the White House.

Wait, what?

I did not necessarily bat an eye, but that's because I have a bunch of kids under 5 who unfortunately do do this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.