Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

2 minutes ago, Zow said:

I did not necessarily bat an eye, but that's because I have a bunch of kids under 5 who unfortunately do do this. 

Wait how many kids are in a bunch?

• Thinking 1

9 hours ago, killface said:

Can't believe he stills runs on draining the swamp.  He is literally the most swamp filling administration that I can remember.  He literally has the fox running the hen house in pretty much every position.  

"Figuritively" is the word you're looking for here. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Wait how many kids are in a bunch?

Headed home shortly. I'll count when I get there. But when I left this morning I think there were four. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Ridiculous stuff coming from Trump today.  Just straight up nonsense.  All he does is lie.  

2 hours ago, Zow said:

Rules, facts, and grammar have literally no meaning anymore. 

It's descriptive vs. prescriptive use and descriptive use won. It's an argument in the world of grammar, syntax, and vocabulary. It's a typical choice usage mavens have to make and its description was made somewhat famous in literary circles by David Foster Wallace's brilliant essay "Tense Present."

https://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/HarpersMagazine-2001-04-0070913.pdf

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Brony said:

that's pretty rich.  Covid, unemployment, the environment, civil rights?  Geez.  Is anyone really that gullible?   

Yes

BREAKING: Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf (and Ken Cucinelli) are ineligible to be serving in their current roles because they were appointed illegally, the GAO rules.

Link

So ... now what? 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, whoknew said:

BREAKING: Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf (and Ken Cucinelli) are ineligible to be serving in their current roles because they were appointed illegally, the GAO rules.

Link

So ... now what? 

We ignore it and move on to the next crazy person appointed illegally?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, The Commish said:

We ignore it and move on to the next crazy person appointed illegally?

probably nothing...he'll claim fake news, deep state, liberal conspiracy theory and nobody will do anything about it..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Link

So ... now what? 

Just ignore the rules and continue as usual.  What are people going to do? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Z Machine said:

Just ignore the rules and continue as usual.  What are people going to do? 

TAKE AWAY YOUR MEAT!!!

19 minutes ago, joffer said:

TAKE AWAY YOUR MEAT!!!

But then I can't have any pudding!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'm not a Trump fan, but I have to admit he's doing some great things with the Postal Service right now.

oh it totally needs revamped and streamlined, but now?

How did we lose the Kanye thread?

I suppose it made sense to merge it with the Trump Campaign thread.

:lol:

Ben Jacobs @Bencjacobs

Just got off the phone with the Park County, Wyoming elections office.

@kanyewest is not just a registered voter there. He is a registered Republican.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Weijia Jiang @weijia · 18m

NEW: On the flight home from Wisconsin, the President told us he plans to pardon someone “very, very important” tomorrow who is not Edward Snowden or Michael Flynn.

Pardon me?

8 hours ago, The Gator said:

NEW: On the flight home from Wisconsin, the President told us he plans to pardon someone “very, very important” tomorrow who is not Edward Snowden or Michael Flynn.

Pardon me?

Roger stone just pulled his appeals case as well. Bold strategy cotton, let’s see how it plays out...

16 hours ago, The Gator said:

Pardon me?

Now that Susan B. has been taken care of, I'm sure MLK has a parking ticket or two that should be looked into. 

• Like 1

Attacking Michelle Obama for undercounting COVID deaths doesn't seems like the smartest move in the playbook.

• Like 2

Cancel culture os bad...but apparently acceptable if POTUS calls for it...

58 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:
1 hour ago, Yenrub said:

Looks like he suggested a boycott of Goodyear tire today

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1296144936807665664?s=20

That'll play well with Ohio voters

"Oh you want to wear a MAGA hat but all political wear is against company policy? I'm calling for a boycott and if it is effective you might lose your job!" 

Living in a city named after tire company and working in another city named after one of their executives, should I expect an exodus of the MAGA crowd?

• Thinking 1

6 hours ago, Biff84 said:

Living in a city named after tire company and working in another city named after one of their executives, should I expect an exodus of the MAGA crowd?

I do like wigwam. 

32 minutes ago, Zow said:

I do like wigwam. 

Yeah it’s nice, we stayed there after our wedding. My friend owns the brewery that’s by there, so it was a frequent stop after work when drinking in a tiny taproom was still a thing.

:kicksrock:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, caustic said:

Steve Bannon, three others indicted for defrauding donors to “Build the Wall” GoFundMe: https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/leaders-we-build-wall-online-fundraising-campaign-charged-defrauding-hundreds-thousands

Not only indicted but arrested.  Trump has more barnacles attached to him than a ghost ship. All coincidences. 

• Like 2

Not sure where to put this, so this thread will work...

As I understand it, various TikTok anti-Trump groups (mostly Gen-Z) have been alluding to something that is supposed to happen Aug 27 that will be an embarrassment for Trump along the lines of his Tulsa rally.  It's unclear to me what's supposed to happen (in part because I get my info second-hand from a teenager).  Curious if anyone knows more?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Not sure where to put this, so this thread will work...

As I understand it, various TikTok anti-Trump groups (mostly Gen-Z) have been alluding to something that is supposed to happen Aug 27 that will be an embarrassment for Trump along the lines of his Tulsa rally.  It's unclear to me what's supposed to happen (in part because I get my info second-hand from a teenager).  Curious if anyone knows more?

Sounds too Q like...only with teens.

Edited by sho nuff

17 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Sounds too Q like...only with teens.

Those were my thoughts originally, but then they pulled off exactly what they claimed they would for the Tulsa rally.  I was told by said teenager in advance that the TikTok/K-Pop world had convinced the Trump campaign that they were legit requesting hundreds of thousands of tickets and fully intended to show up.  I didn't buy it.  It happened.

This time?  :shrug:

1 hour ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

It's funny and all, but I think they're missing an opportunity to potentially convert Trump voters. The site would be more effective if it was written from the perspective of a disillusioned Trump supporter and if it focused on conservative talking points.

Some of these "broken promises" are exactly what MAGA(A) people want.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

It's funny and all, but I think they're missing an opportunity to potentially convert Trump voters. The site would be more effective if it was written from the perspective of a disillusioned Trump supporter and if it focused on conservative talking points.

Some of these "broken promises" are exactly what MAGA(A) people want.

Also, it would gain more credibility if it showed 1 or 2 promises not broken instead of all of them Broken (even if true). 

Personally, I would simply go with "Remember the guy that promised you a wall that Mexico was going to pay for?  How'd that work out for ya?" 

7 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Somebody should check to see if MakeAmericaGreatAgainAgain is available.

Already taken, but I snagged KeepMakingAmericaGreatAgainAgain.com just in case.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

52 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

Already taken, but I snagged KeepMakingAmericaGreatAgainAgain.com just in case.

We’re gonna need a bigger hat. 

• Laughing 5

On 8/25/2020 at 8:27 AM, Rich Conway said:

Those were my thoughts originally, but then they pulled off exactly what they claimed they would for the Tulsa rally.  I was told by said teenager in advance that the TikTok/K-Pop world had convinced the Trump campaign that they were legit requesting hundreds of thousands of tickets and fully intended to show up.  I didn't buy it.  It happened.

This time?  :shrug:

Any news on teenQ?

10 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Any news on teenQ?

Good question.  I didn't think to ask!  I will next time said teenager is in my presence.

Well, at least we know what to expect from Trump if he wins again. When asked what he would do during the next 4 years, he said:

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

25 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Well, at least we know what to expect from Trump if he wins again. When asked what he would do during the next 4 years, he said:

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

That's not a real quote is it?