Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

That's not a real quote is it?  

i've stopped asking that

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Neo said:

That's not a real quote is it?  

I couldn't make that up if I tried.

• Laughing 1

49 word sentence, with 21 duplicates isn't common?  

1 hour ago, gianmarco said:

Well, at least we know what to expect from Trump if he wins again. When asked what he would do during the next 4 years, he said:

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

Exactly.....nothing.......just like these past four years. Well, lie repeatedly. He accomplishes that multiple times a day.

I missed the one million, eight hundred and seventy thousand million quote.

16 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Well, at least we know what to expect from Trump if he wins again. When asked what he would do during the next 4 years, he said:

"But so I think, I think it would be, I think it would be very, very, I think we'd have a very, very solid, we would continue what we're doing, we'd solidify what we've done, and we have other things on our plate that we want to get done,"

With this level of specificity, I now understand why the GOP felt that they didn’t need to adopt a platform. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, gianmarco said:

NM, kind of jerkish. 

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut

Posted (edited)

Back in June, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country.

“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”
"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”
"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."
"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office."

Edited by gianmarco
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

I don't know where to put this observation, but this seems as good a place as any.  I am absolutely AMAZED at this very popular and prevalent competing set of thoughts some people hold in this country around "rule of law".  In a single individual seems to have been able to convince themselves that "you can't tell me to wear a mask because FREEDOM!!!!! but the federal government SHOULD step in because PROTESTS!!!!"  Conversely, there are people that have convinced themselves that "we should tell people that they have to wear their masks!!!! but you can't tell them how to protest" is acceptable.  WTF is going on in this country?

• Like 1

Replace the because portion of each phrase with "because my team leader said so" and it makes more sense.

9 hours ago, gianmarco said:

Back in June, Republican Steve Schmidt, who ran John McCain's 2008 campaign for president, was interviewed on MSNBC.
In response to a very general question regarding the Trump Presidency, Mr. Schmidt spoke for two solid minutes and gave the most insightful and brutally honest response of what the Trump Presidency has done to our great country.

“Donald Trump has been the worst president this country has ever had. And, I don't say that hyperbolically. He is. But he is a consequential president. And, he has brought this country in three short years to a place of weakness that is simply unimaginable if you were pondering where we are today from the day where Barack Obama left office. And, there were a lot of us on that day who were deeply skeptical and very worried about what a Trump presidency would be. But this is a moment of unparalleled national humiliation, of weakness.”
"When you listen to the President, these are the musings of an imbecile. An idiot. And I don't use those words to name call. I use them because they are the precise words of the English language to describe his behavior. His comportment. His actions. We've never seen a level of incompetence, a level of ineptitude so staggering on a daily basis by anybody in the history of the country whose ever been charged with substantial responsibilities.”
"It's just astonishing that this man is president of the United States. The man, the con man, from New York City. Many bankruptcies, failed businesses, a reality show, that branded him as something that he never was. A successful businessman. Well, he's the President of the United States now, and the man who said he would make the country great again. And he's brought death, suffering, and economic collapse on truly an epic scale."
"And, let's be clear. This isn't happening in every country around the world. This place. Our place. Our home. Our country. The United States. We are the epicenter. We are the place where you're the most likely to die from this disease. We're the ones with the most shattered economy. And we are, because of the fool that sits in the Oval Office."

I agree with all of this, but also the bolded part poses a challenge for moderation of this forum.  I agree with the no-name-calling rule, but it's hard to talk about Trump without getting into the issue of his mental fitness for office.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

On a lighter note, my FB app - which I visit for a few seconds each morning to look at Memories, since I curated the first 8 years of my daughters life there - reminded me today of what I thought on August 31, 2015 while I was vacationing in Michigan with my kids.

I'm happy he's is in the race solely for the comedic value. Regardless of where he's at now, he's thankfully unelectable. Between misogyny, xenophobia, and racism he's got a big tent at the moment.

;)

But anyway, love the peninsulas - my favorite place on earth.

:lmao:

Edited by BobbyLayne

Trump staffers have posted 2 fake videos of Biden in the past couple of days — one that makes it look like Biden fell asleep in an interview, and another which manipulated a quote to make it appear like Biden believes that America won't be safe if he (Biden) is elected.

Both were slapped with "manipulated media" tags by Twitter, but not before they were seen by millions of people.

Coming on the heels of Steve Scalise fabricating a video of a disabled person, the party of Fake News is on quite a roll lately.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Trump staffers have posted 2 fake videos of Biden in the past couple of days — one that makes it look like Biden fell asleep in an interview, and another which manipulated a quote to make it appear like Biden believes that America won't be safe if he (Biden) is elected.

Both were slapped with "manipulated media" tags by Twitter, but not before they were seen by millions of people.

Coming on the heels of Steve Scalise fabricating a video of a disabled person, the party of Fake News is on quite a roll lately.

This should be illegal.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

This should be illegal.

Would it matter if it was?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Herb said:
40 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

This should be illegal.

Would it matter if it was?

Good point.  Plus they would scream about having their "free speech" being suppressed.

What the hell is going on here?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump told her to go to North Korea and take 'one for the team' after Kim Jong Un winked at her

President Donald Trump told Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a former White House press secretary, to go to North Korea and take "one for the team" after Kim Jong Un appeared to wink at her, she said in a new memoir, according to The Guardian.

Sanders said that during a summit between Trump and Kim in Singapore in 2018, "Kim nodded and appeared to wink at me."

"Well, Sarah, that settles it. You're going to North Korea and taking one for the team!" Trump told her, Sanders said. "Your husband and kids will miss you, but you'll be a hero to your country!"

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-sarah-sanders-one-for-team-kim-jong-un-2020-9

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

The former press secretary said that later, in the presidential limousine, she told Trump and John Kelly, who was then his chief of staff, about the incident.

"Kim Jong Un hit on you!" Trump said, according to Sanders. "He did! He f---ing hit on you!"

Sanders replied, "Sir, please stop."

"Well, Sarah, that settles it. You're going to North Korea and taking one for the team!" Trump told her, Sanders said. "Your husband and kids will miss you, but you'll be a hero to your country!"

Trump and Kelly then "howled with laughter," Sanders said.

RECENTLY BROWSING   2 MEMBERS

The Gator 

R.I.P.

:oldunsure:

• Thinking 1

Is that Sarah's idea of the kind of lighthearted anecdote that will endear him to the Christian community?

What's next?

Kayleigh McEnany, "Sir, Putin just looked me up and down."

DJT, "You better bundle up because guess where you're going?"

1 hour ago, The Gator said:

What the hell is going on here?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders says Trump told her to go to North Korea and take 'one for the team' after Kim Jong Un winked at her

President Donald Trump told Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a former White House press secretary, to go to North Korea and take "one for the team" after Kim Jong Un appeared to wink at her, she said in a new memoir, according to The Guardian.

Sanders said that during a summit between Trump and Kim in Singapore in 2018, "Kim nodded and appeared to wink at me."

https://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-sarah-sanders-one-for-team-kim-jong-un-2020-9

I don't know how it isn't extremely alarming to every American that Trump has "a warm relationship" with a leader that systematically starves, kills and tortures men, women, and children.  Yes, children.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I don't know how it isn't extremely alarming to every American that Trump has "a warm relationship" with a leader that systematically starves, kills and tortures men, women, and children.  Yes, children.

"I think we're falling in love"

If I were Biden I'd be all over that stuff. What kind of way is that to talk about any leader, much less an enemy?

What is this, the high school lunchroom?

• Thanks 1

I think this tweet from last week pretty nicely sums up this country right now:

Ryan Avent @ryanavent

It sounds absurd to say it, but America is in the process of choosing whether to be a white nationalist fascist state or an inclusive democracy. That's not hyperbole, that's just where we are.

11:15 AM · Aug 28, 2020

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 5/22/2018 at 12:03 PM, packersfan said:

The President of the United States

vanessa gezari‏ @vanessagezari

Lesley Stahl asked Trump in semi-private meeting why he’s always attacking the press. His answer: “I want to demean you and discredit you so that when you do negative stories about me, no one will believe you.” @deadlineclub #deadlineawards

Just a reminder on this.

8 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Just a reminder on this.

Exactly...and it worked.  

He started it from the beginning...nobody can fix it but me...nobody can be believed but me.

Add in media having its usual screwups and people just think nope...they lie...can't trust them.  I will instead believe the guy who lies more often than anyone.

See the thread about his words towards soldiers for proof of that.

August 2020: Lou Holtz states at Republican Convention that Joe Biden is not a true Catholic.

September 2020: Donald Trump announces that Lou Holtz will be receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

• Sad 2

On 8/31/2020 at 5:03 AM, gianmarco said:

Powerful words

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

I like boaters who don’t sink 

Saw it referred to on FB as “Dumbkirk”

• Like 2
  • Laughing 11

4 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

That’s amazing. 

8 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Thank you, Sir, for literally making me laugh until I had tears in my eyes. That made my day!

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, bigbottom said:

My cousin made the comment “boater suppression”.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/30/2020 at 10:03 PM, gianmarco said:

Sounds like someone who is upset that his priviledged place in the world got disrupted.

Our economy is far from "shattered" and the US is not the "place where your most likely to die from the disease". Those are the only claims in the interview that aren't purely subjective opinion and they are false.

But other than that this is spot on.

You guys want to see Trump reelected for 4 years, keep parading these easily refuted hit pieces out there.  I don't want to see him reelected, but this kind of stuff is pure fuel to the fire that got him elected in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

You guys want to see Trump reelected for 4 years, keep parading these easily refuted hit pieces out there.  I don't want to see him reelected, but this kind of stuff is pure fuel to the fire that got him elected in the first place.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but I'm just going to say that your point illustrates a common theme that has been prevalent during the Trump era, which is that Trump's critics are expected to behave perfectly at all times, lest they drive people to vote for Trump. The harder they try to be perfect, the more their judgments are magnified, scrutinized, and questioned.

In a way, it's a parallel to @Riversco's "give them what they want or else they will start a war" philosophy. 

It also reminds me of an ex-girlfriend I once had.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:
1 hour ago, Jayrod said:

the US is not the "place where your most likely to die from the disease".

Am I missing something? Deaths per million - it's Montenegro, Panama, Brazil, Peru, Bahamas, Bolivia - and us. 

The writer should have stated it as "top seven countries" instead of "place."

Undecided voters are sticklers for that sort of thing.

5 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Am I missing something? Deaths per million - it's Montenegro, Panama, Brazil, Peru, Bahamas, Bolivia - and us. 

Worldometers has us at #10 in deaths per capita (8th if you remove micronations) behind Italy, Spain & UK along with Brazil, Peru and a couple of others.

6 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

I'm not going to disagree with you, but I'm just going to say that your point illustrates a common theme that has been prevalent during the Trump era, which is that Trump's critics are expected to behave perfectly at all times, lest they drive people to vote for Trump. The harder they try to be perfect, the more their judgments are magnified, scrutinized, and questioned.

In a way, it's a parallel to @Riversco's "give them what they want or else they will start a war" philosophy. 

It also reminds me of an ex-girlfriend I once had.

Reminds of what it must be like for the police nowadays.

27 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Worldometers has us at #10 in deaths per capita (8th if you remove micronations) behind Italy, Spain & UK along with Brazil, Peru and a couple of others.

Canada, Switzerland and Portugal better than the USA. 

And Germany at #56 with a death rate 5 times lower. Germany is a good comp because their drop in 2 quarter GDP was not as bad as ours. I wonder how 3rd Q GDP will compare.  

Israel, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Uruguay even lower. I believe they all have UHC. 

On 8/31/2020 at 6:54 AM, IvanKaramazov said:

I agree with all of this, but also the bolded part poses a challenge for moderation of this forum.  I agree with the no-name-calling rule, but it's hard to talk about Trump without getting into the issue of his mental fitness for office.

I've literally been suspended 3 times for calling Trump exactly what he is.   

3 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

>> This Joe Biden, visiting his son’s grave. This is Francis Brennan, Another      human who works for Donald Trump. <<

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1302799486775951360

I saw that earlier today. It's another example of Fake News from the Trump campaign -- taking an innocent moment at his son's grave and trying to frame it into the whole "Biden is unfit" narrative.

BTW, it should be pointed out that 1) Francis Brennan is Trump's "Director Of Strategic Response," and 2) the derogatory quote above was not made by @SoBeDad, but was made by the editor of TalkingPointsMemo.com.