Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Agreed. Bernie’s heart attack killed my support for him as a presidential candidate. If Trump had a heart attack it would definitely have a negative impact on his support, so it would make sense they would want to keep it quiet, but it comes across as highly unethical 

I hope he's in good health(for a guy in his 70s, at least) as well, though I wonder at all the secrecy as well. Ethics within the Trump administration seems to be a moving target at times anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there you have it:

 

Press secretary Stephanie Grisham on Saturday argued it was “dangerous for the country” for anyone to challenge the veracity of her claims.

Grisham made her argument after President Donald Trump went to Walter Reed Hospital for an unannounced doctor’s visit, resulting in a great deal of speculation.

Following the visit, Grisham claimed Trump was “healthy” and “without complaints” — a claim many found unlikely as the president has spent a good deal of time as president airing his many grievances.

“Further speculation beyond the extensive & honest info I put out is wholly irresponsible & dangerous for the country,” Grisham argued.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes...I wonder why anyone would ever question then information that comes out of this administration.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

So there you have it:

 

Press secretary Stephanie Grisham on Saturday argued it was “dangerous for the country” for anyone to challenge the veracity of her claims.

Grisham made her argument after President Donald Trump went to Walter Reed Hospital for an unannounced doctor’s visit, resulting in a great deal of speculation.

Following the visit, Grisham claimed Trump was “healthy” and “without complaints” — a claim many found unlikely as the president has spent a good deal of time as president airing his many grievances.

“Further speculation beyond the extensive & honest info I put out is wholly irresponsible & dangerous for the country,” Grisham argued.

I get they don't want people making up stuff like "I heard he's got cancer". But the blanket "don't question us" is never well received.

On another note, please check your PMs from earlier this week. Thanks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The recent Presidential pardons have not been discussed: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.amp.html

The Pentagon advised Trump not to do this because these men are criminals who committed war crimes. I think Trump is trying to show voters how tough he is, that he won’t punish soldiers for “being tough.” This sends a terrible message to the few allies we have left; just another bit of American exceptionalism being chipped away by this President. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The recent Presidential pardons have not been discussed: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.amp.html

The Pentagon advised Trump not to do this because these men are criminals who committed war crimes. I think Trump is trying to show voters how tough he is, that he won’t punish soldiers for “being tough.” This sends a terrible message to the few allies we have left; just another bit of American exceptionalism being chipped away by this President. 

Sorry but "American exceptionalism'' is just a figment of y'all's imagination...

  • Like 4
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, msommer said:
22 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The recent Presidential pardons have not been discussed: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.amp.html

The Pentagon advised Trump not to do this because these men are criminals who committed war crimes. I think Trump is trying to show voters how tough he is, that he won’t punish soldiers for “being tough.” This sends a terrible message to the few allies we have left; just another bit of American exceptionalism being chipped away by this President. 

Sorry but "American exceptionalism'' is just a figment of y'all's imagination...

:goodposting:

The general world community already had a relatively negative impression of the people here.  There's a myriad of stereotypes that are pretty popular that aren't flattering.  Until this Presidency, the ones I had heard could be chalked up to misinformation or casting an unpopular position held by some in this country as a popular opinion among Americans in general.  

If you've never left the country or talked to people on the outside looking in, be at ease that Trump has pretty much validated all those positions and stereotypes.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The recent Presidential pardons have not been discussed: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.amp.html

The Pentagon advised Trump not to do this because these men are criminals who committed war crimes. I think Trump is trying to show voters how tough he is, that he won’t punish soldiers for “being tough.” This sends a terrible message to the few allies we have left; just another bit of American exceptionalism being chipped away by this President. 

My thought is he did this to create a wedge issue. If a Dem (or anyone for that matter criticized it) he makes it a "not supporting the troops" thing.

Edited by The General
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, msommer said:

Sorry but "American exceptionalism'' is just a figment of y'all's imagination...

I don’t think so. We can debate it a new thread if you want, this obviously isn’t the place for it. But I think it’s very real. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, timschochet said:

The recent Presidential pardons have not been discussed: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/trump-pardons.amp.html

The Pentagon advised Trump not to do this because these men are criminals who committed war crimes. I think Trump is trying to show voters how tough he is, that he won’t punish soldiers for “being tough.” This sends a terrible message to the few allies we have left; just another bit of American exceptionalism being chipped away by this President. 

Wait, we still have allies? I'm surprised anyone's sticking around.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I alone in thinking it odd that an unscheduled visit to the hospital is not raising much of an issue at all for the President?  People here aren't even talking about it :oldunsure: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Commish said:

Am I alone in thinking it odd that an unscheduled visit to the hospital is not raising much of an issue at all for the President?  People here aren't even talking about it :oldunsure: 

In all fairness, who are they going to ask?  The press secretary doesn't hold press conferences or take questions.  Donald has been holed up in the White House and not near a helicopter so he's not going to take questions.  Jordan and Nunes are too busy talking about secret hearings that aren't secret.  McConnel and Grahm, have been hiding somewhere, haven't seen them since they questioned Erdogan on how much the Kurds appreciated him.  So not sure who could provide an answer, maybe Kellyanne ?

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yak651 said:

In all fairness, who are they going to ask?  The press secretary doesn't hold press conferences or take questions.  Donald has been holed up in the White House and not near a helicopter so he's not going to take questions.  Jordan and Nunes are too busy talking about secret hearings that aren't secret.  McConnel and Grahm, have been hiding somewhere, haven't seen them since they questioned Erdogan on how much the Kurds appreciated him.  So not sure who could provide an answer, maybe Kellyanne ?

Good point....just can't help but think back to the time Hillary had pneumonia and collapsed.  I'll be interested to see if we get any reports here from the MSM similar to the coverage Hillary got.  I doubt it.  That said, BBC did have a blurb but given that they don't go all :hophead: on "news" they simply stated what happened.  That he went to the hospital on an unscheduled visit.  I don't even know if the WH has given and excuse....er, explanation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Commish said:

I don't even know if the WH has given and excuse....er, explanation.  

:confused:

 

We've talked about it a bit in one or more of these threads.  WH Press secretary says this was part of Trump's annual physical.  And, she further said that speculation beyond that is harmful to the country.

 

I don't think anyone is buying what she is selling - but the WH has given an explanation...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

:confused:

 

We've talked about it a bit in one or more of these threads.  WH Press secretary says this was part of Trump's annual physical.  And, she further said that speculation beyond that is harmful to the country.

 

I don't think anyone is buying what she is selling - but the WH has given an explanation...

Did she say this in a statement or actually in front of the press?  If in front of the press did she allow questions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yak651 said:

Did she say this in a statement or actually in front of the press?  If in front of the press did she allow questions?

That I don't know.  Given her history, it seems unlikely that she allowed questions, but let me see if I can dig up the source.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder that an open white nationalist is the primary immigration advisor in the White House. And they are gonna stick with him. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:
3 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Did she say this in a statement or actually in front of the press?  If in front of the press did she allow questions?

That I don't know.  Given her history, it seems unlikely that she allowed questions, but let me see if I can dig up the source.

OK - bear with me a bit - it looks like it was a combination of things:

 

Jason Campbell @JasonSCampbell

White House Press Secretary says Trump has "more energy than anybody else in the White House" and Jeanine Pirro says "he's almost superhuman"

(video of interview with Jeanine Pirro on FoxNews in link)

 

Then twitter - of course:

Stephanie Grisham@PressSec

EXACTLY! Thank you for helping me get the correct information out. Further speculation beyond the extensive & honest info I put out is wholly irresponsible & dangerous for the country.

 

Responding to:

Brian Stelter @brianstelter

"Routine checkups" at Walter Reed, "that's all it was, it was very routine..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Just a reminder that an open white nationalist is the primary immigration advisor in the White House. And they are gonna stick with him. 

You say that, like it's strange.

What is it about Trump that would make you think he would want anyone else in that position?

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yak651 said:


Did she say this in a statement or actually in front of the press? If in front of the press did she allow questions?


Grisham said she'll no longer answer questions in front of the press, because the press only asks questions to get famous.
  • Laughing 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Trump criticism got Colorado talk radio host fired while on air, he says

For the umpteenth time in the last three years scary stuff. 

It is scary for sure. But on the other hand, conservative talk radio is dominated by Trump supporters. Anyone who is critical of Trump is going to lose ratings to competitors. Is it unreasonable for the people who run this business to want to please their customers? In my mind, this is no different from NFL teams refusing to hire Colin Kaepernick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:
4 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Trump criticism got Colorado talk radio host fired while on air, he says

For the umpteenth time in the last three years scary stuff. 

It is scary for sure. But on the other hand, conservative talk radio is dominated by Trump supporters. Anyone who is critical of Trump is going to lose ratings to competitors. Is it unreasonable for the people who run this business to want to please their customers? In my mind, this is no different from NFL teams refusing to hire Colin Kaepernick.

For the record - the radio station has denied this.  They are claiming he was fired for talking on air about his role with a competitor radio station in the market.  (His response is that he is an independent contractor, and owes no allegiance to the station beyond his weekly 3-hour slot on Saturdays.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

You say that, like it's strange.

What is it about Trump that would make you think he would want anyone else in that position?

It's not about Trump I get that. But they used to not say the quiet parts out loud. Now its just so brazen. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

:confused:

 

We've talked about it a bit in one or more of these threads.  WH Press secretary says this was part of Trump's annual physical.  And, she further said that speculation beyond that is harmful to the country.

 

I don't think anyone is buying what she is selling - but the WH has given an explanation...

Somehow I missed the discussion :shrug:

So the story is he's doing his annual physical 3-4 months early?  Did she say why they went to the hospital to do this instead of the state of the art facilities at the WH more than capable of performing a simple physical?

  • Thinking 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOTE the Walter Reed visit is a diversion.. It was abnormal and probably stupid, but there is not significance or penalty attached. 

That means its just a diversion while we are in the heat of an Impeachment investigation. Please give it the appropriate amount of our energy here.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, cosjobs said:

NOTE the Walter Reed visit is a diversion.. It was abnormal and probably stupid, but there is not significance or penalty attached. 

That means its just a diversion while we are in the heat of an Impeachment investigation. Please give it the appropriate amount of our energy here.

Honestly, the thought of Trump becoming a martyr for the right by dying during the impeachment process makes me shudder

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Commish said:

Somehow I missed the discussion :shrug:

So the story is he's doing his annual physical 3-4 months early?  Did she say why they went to the hospital to do this instead of the state of the art facilities at the WH more than capable of performing a simple physical?

Not that I heard.  All a big mystery that I don't understand.  President Bartlett had a lot of physicals and checkups at the WH and even aboard Air Force One with no issues.  And he had MS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip · 25m

WH Press Sec Stephanie Grisham claims Obama aides left 'you will fail" notes in offices for Trump aides: “We came into the WH, I’ll tell you something. Every office was filled with Obama books and we had notes left behind that said ‘you will fail,’ ‘you aren’t going to make it,’”

 

Yashar Ali  @yashar ·12m

Multiple senior Obama White House officials are denying this allegation with two telling me that nice notes were left for their successors

 

Hmm...having a tough time deciding who to believe here...

 

ETA:

Jon B. Wolfsthal - aka a Globalist @JBWolfsthal · 15m

This is an outrageous lie. I know. I handed over the nuclear office at the NSC. Shameless and disgusting. @PressSec should be fired. https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1196786685150978050

Edited by Sinn Fein
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though, I believe leaving a bunch of Obama books everywhere.  Typical "prank" type thing that you hear about.  And funny since it would get on Trump's nerves to be constantly reminded of Obama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sho nuff said:

Though, I believe leaving a bunch of Obama books everywhere.  Typical "prank" type thing that you hear about.  And funny since it would get on Trump's nerves to be constantly reminded of Obama.

Best prank idea: Obama has phony books made up with the title "Kenyan Dreams: My Boyhood Experience," or something like that.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A twitterer just suggested that Ms. Grisham is asking us to believe that the Trump administration has been sitting on these "notes" for three years. Yes, that's exactly what I believe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Karl@jonkarl · 5m

I was in the West Wing on the evening of January 20, 2017, talking to several incoming Trump officials as they moved into their offices. I saw no offices "filled with Obama books" and nobody mentioned "you will fail" notes. Here are photos I took at the WH that night

https://twitter.com/jonkarl/status/1196808815053869059

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Best prank idea: Obama has phony books made up with the title "Kenyan Dreams: My Boyhood Experience," or something like that.

The lack of creativity is disappointing.

The best prank would have been Obama leaving a Kenyan birth certificate in Trump's desk...

  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

The lack of creativity is disappointing.

The best prank would have been Obama leaving a Kenyan birth certificate in Trump's desk...

I've seen that mentioned elsewhere online, which is partly why I went with the book idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip · 25m

WH Press Sec Stephanie Grisham claims Obama aides left 'you will fail" notes in offices for Trump aides: “We came into the WH, I’ll tell you something. Every office was filled with Obama books and we had notes left behind that said ‘you will fail,’ ‘you aren’t going to make it,’”

 

Yashar Ali  @yashar ·12m

Multiple senior Obama White House officials are denying this allegation with two telling me that nice notes were left for their successors

 

Hmm...having a tough time deciding who to believe here...

 

ETA:

Jon B. Wolfsthal - aka a Globalist @JBWolfsthal · 15m

This is an outrageous lie. I know. I handed over the nuclear office at the NSC. Shameless and disgusting. @PressSec should be fired. https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1196786685150978050

I bet the notes said "Don't let anyone tell you that you will fail" and "There's no way you aren't going to make it".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little back tracking...

 

Grisham clarified to NBC News that she didn't mean to suggest that the notes were left in every White House office, only in a press area.

"I'm not sure where her office was, and I certainly wasn't implying every office had that issue," Grisham wrote, referring to Rice's office. "In fact, I had a lovely note left for me in the East Wing, and I tracked the woman down and thanked her. I was talking specifically about our experience in the lower press office — nowhere else. I don't know why everyone is so sensitive!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

A little back tracking...

 

Grisham clarified to NBC News that she didn't mean to suggest that the notes were left in every White House office, only in a press area.

"I'm not sure where her office was, and I certainly wasn't implying every office had that issue," Grisham wrote, referring to Rice's office. "In fact, I had a lovely note left for me in the East Wing, and I tracked the woman down and thanked her. I was talking specifically about our experience in the lower press office — nowhere else. I don't know why everyone is so sensitive!"

Maybe it was a note Spicer wrote to himself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Biff84 said:

Maybe it was a note Spicer wrote to himself?

Judging by how things went, more like a note from Trump to Spicer.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some comedic relief from impeachment news:

Jack Nicas @jacknicas

President Trump just toured a Texas plant that has been making Apple computers since 2013 and took credit for it, suggesting the plant opened today. "Today is a very special day."

Tim Cook spoke immediately after him and did not correct the record.

4:01 PM · Nov 20, 2019

:lmao:

Edited by caustic
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/trump-hilariously-botches-his-defense-during-fox-friends-interview-i-always-want-corruption/

Trump hilariously botches his defense during Fox & Friends interview: ‘I do want corruption’

During an interview on “Fox & Friends” on Friday, President Donald Trump tried to paint himself as a noble fighter of corruption in government — except he horribly botched it.

Trump’s flub came after co-host Steve Doocy said that European Union ambassador Gordon Sondland testified that there was a quid-pro-quo arrangement in which the president would only agree to a face-to-face meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky if he agreed to launch investigations into purported “corruption” that just happened to involve his political opponents.

While insisting that he’s sincerely working to fight corruption at home and abroad, Trump said, “I do want, always, corruption — I say that to anybody!”

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, squistion said:

:lol:

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/trump-hilariously-botches-his-defense-during-fox-friends-interview-i-always-want-corruption/

Trump hilariously botches his defense during Fox & Friends interview: ‘I do want corruption’

During an interview on “Fox & Friends” on Friday, President Donald Trump tried to paint himself as a noble fighter of corruption in government — except he horribly botched it.

Trump’s flub came after co-host Steve Doocy said that European Union ambassador Gordon Sondland testified that there was a quid-pro-quo arrangement in which the president would only agree to a face-to-face meeting with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky if he agreed to launch investigations into purported “corruption” that just happened to involve his political opponents.

While insisting that he’s sincerely working to fight corruption at home and abroad, Trump said, “I do want, always, corruption — I say that to anybody!”

Awesome he told the truth for once.  And on Fox and Friends so all his supporters could hear it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, beef said:

Glanced at a headline last week that another Alt-R group bought $70k worth of copies.  Kudos to buying your way onto the NYT's Bell Seller list!

 

I know it's a little more complicated than that but this is kinda the Peg Bundy approach to direct marketing success.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.