Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

1 hour ago, yak651 said:

Awesome he told the truth for once.  And on Fox and Friends so all his supporters could hear it!

Pretty sure they heard something else.  

49 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

I know it's a little more complicated than that but this is kinda the Peg Bundy approach to direct marketing success.

:lmao: It also smells like more campaign finance crimes. 

>>Lawyers for Marie Yovanovitch say Trump's claim she refused to hang his picture in the U.S. embassy in Ukraine is false. "The Embassy in Kyiv hung the official photographs of the president, vice president, and secretary of state as soon as they arrived."<<

Not really shocking anymore. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1197975553992732672

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The General said:

WHAT?!

“US President Donald Trump said Friday he had saved Hong Kong from being destroyed by persuading Chinese President Xi Jinping to hold off on sending in troops to crush its pro-democracy movement.”

-followed by-

“I'll tell you we have to stand with Hong Kong but I'm also standing with President Xi. He is a friend of mine he is an incredible guy," Trump said.

How does that reconcile?!?

• Laughing 1

Ezra Klein on Twitter:

The person enjoying this era in American politics most? Putin. Electing Donald Trump was a stretch goal. The hoped-for outcome was sowing chaos in American politics, and doubt in America's political system. Turns out he got all three.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Ezra Klein on Twitter:

Of course.  I don't say this lightly but this has been the Russian version of 9/11.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Of course.  I don't say this lightly but this has been the Russian version of 9/11.

We don't talk very much in here about the concept of "doubt in the political system" and it's a fair bet that, maybe outside of concerns with the abundance of money involved, Republican voters don't harbor much doubt. What's dangerous about that is that they appear to take little notice of how the doubt is building on the side that can't win control of government entities even with a majority of the votes and how it sees its voiced attacked by various suppression tactics. It's not enough to just say "Those are the rules, tough," my GOP friends. The rules have to be perceived as fair, too, and right now something close to a majority of the country 1. doesn't think they are and 2. thinks that it's impossible to get them fixed even with superior numbers on their side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, That one guy said:

WHAT?!

“US President Donald Trump said Friday he had saved Hong Kong from being destroyed by persuading Chinese President Xi Jinping to hold off on sending in troops to crush its pro-democracy movement.”

-followed by-

“I'll tell you we have to stand with Hong Kong but I'm also standing with President Xi. He is a friend of mine he is an incredible guy," Trump said.

How does that reconcile?!?

It doesn't. Playing both sides means you're wasting everyone's time, and you're nobody's friend.

For those who missed the discussion of the 57 minute call POTUS made to Fox and Friends this morning, CNN has a great compilation, Editor-At-Large Chris Cizizza has compiled the 58 most banana lines Trump said, with his commentary underneath. I will quote a few and you go to the link for the rest

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics/fox--friends-donald-trump/index.html

The 58 most bananas lines from Donald Trump's Friday 'Fox & Friends' interview

4. "So my conversation was a perfect conversation. The Ukrainian president said, what are they talking about? They must think we're nuts in this country."

I don't doubt that last sentence is true.

6. "Now, Adam Schiff is a sick puppy."

What's remarkable is that Trump has so stretched the bounds of acceptable conduct that him attacking the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee as a "sick puppy" barely merits mention.

15. "Well, that's what the word is."

This was Trump's response to a rare bit of pushback from Fox News' Steve Doocy, who asked Trump whether he was sure the Democratic National Committee gave its hacked server from the 2016 election to the Ukrainians. On a related note, I am going to start saying outlandish things to my wife like, "There's a ban on me unloading the dishwasher" and when she asks if I am sure about that, I will respond: "Well, that's what the word is."

20. "So he made up my phone call. He made it up. He made up a phone call and then when I released it everybody was embarrassed."

This makes me INSANE. Schiff was VERY clear that he was offering his own take on the July 25 call transcript. He was never trying to pretend that what he was saying was a verbatim transcript of Trump's words on the call. Please read this. Please. I beg you.

21. "Now, with this guy, who, by the way, I hardly know him, OK?"

Trump's talking about Gordon Sondland here. The person he appointed as an ambassador. Someone who, according to Sondland's under-oath testimony, Trump spoke to around 20 times by phone -- including the day after the July 25 call with Zelensky.

25. "Now, what he said also is, there was no quid pro quo. I want nothing. Remember it was trending number one."

"It was trending number one." -- The President of the United States.

39. "Every once in a while you meet a new star. I know a lot about stardom. I know a lot about it. I've made plenty of them."

"I know a lot about stardom." -- The President of the United States

46. "I have to deal with crazy Nancy. She is crazy as a bedbug. She is nuts."

In which the President of the United States repeatedly questions the mental wellness of the Speaker of the House, with no evidence to back up his wild claims. (Also: Bedbugs aren't crazy. They're survivors who can last months without food.)

50. "Pete, I call him Alfred E. Neuman. It reminds me of Mad magazine Alfred E. Neuman."

Really putting the "bully" in "bully pulpit" here.

51. "If it weren't for me Hong Kong would have been obliterated in 14 minutes."

Uh......OK?

56. "Well a lot of things are the matter with me."

Real quote.

48. "We have loopholes, they are called loopholes for a reason because they are loopholes."

[nods head slowly]

Edited by squistion

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

"There's a ban on me unloading the dishwasher" and when she asks if I am sure about that, I will respond: "Well, that's what the word is."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

File under daily nonsense: Trump was mad because Yovanovitch wouldn't hang his picture up in the embassy. From his ranting call this morning to Fox and Friends: 

“She wouldn’t hang my picture in the embassy,” Trump said. “This was an Obama person. Didn’t want to hang my picture in the embassy,” the president continued. “Standard is, you put the president of the United States’ picture in an embassy. This was not an angel, this woman, OK?”

So that is funny/sad in itself.

Turns out they were 15 months late providing the official picture :lol:

• Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Just more payback to Putin.  I guess since so many congressional republicans have already signaled they are willing to advance Russian conspiracy and propaganda I should look into the Russian version of Rosseta Stone. 

• Like 2

The Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer just resigned, as apparently asked for by the Secretary of Defense. This was over the Gallagher case, I presume.  

Just insane:

Jake Tapper@jaketapper

Outgoing Secretary of the Navy Spencer’s resignation letter says that he “cannot in good conscience” obey an order he believes “violates the sacred oath“ he took & that he and POTUS disagree on the “key principle of good order and discipline”

Resignation Letter

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

How big is the strain in the Republican party welcoming an alliance with Russia because they are white and perceived powerful?  Deep down I think this is the most powerful driver of all this.  Russia is white.  Democrats are brown. Europe is being ruined.  Russia is the last hope.

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Just insane:

Jake Tapper@jaketapper

Outgoing Secretary of the Navy Spencer’s resignation letter says that he “cannot in good conscience” obey an order he believes “violates the sacred oath“ he took & that he and POTUS disagree on the “key principle of good order and discipline”

Resignation Letter

“This Tweet has been deleted.”

8 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

How big is the strain in the Republican party welcoming an alliance with Russia because they are white and perceived powerful?  Deep down I think this is the most powerful driver of all this.  Russia is white.  Democrats are brown. Europe is being ruined.  Russia is the last hope.

All I can say is wow. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Joe Biden.  Bernie Sanders.  Elizabeth Warren.  Pete Buttigieg.  Even Hillary Clinton.

Try again

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I have mixed feelings about Spencer getting fired. It sounds like he was trying to negotiate some sort of compromise that would "save face" for everyone, which in theory is not a terrible idea. But going around Esper's back to try to sell his plan directly to the White House? Come on.

(Everyone knows that he would have been better off to leak his plans directly to Sean Hannity.)

14 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

All I can say is wow. 

I’m glad I don’t live in that world 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Daywalker said:

Holy hell. 

By the way Dems will be nominating an old whitey for the second straight election. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Stop trolling

• Like 1

Re the Gallagher case: 

President Trump continues his war against American exceptionalism. He seems to desire a military in which committing war crimes is perfectly acceptable. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Re the Gallagher case: 

President Trump continues his war against American exceptionalism. He seems to desire a military in which committing war crimes is perfectly acceptable. 

10 interweb points says he uses the phrase “all’s fair in love and war” as support at some point

Re the Gallagher case: 

I'm disgusted by how this has played out.  And the fact that Gallagher and his attorney can go on Fox News to talk directly to the President is insane.

• Like 2

It's the 21st century when science should be moving to the fore in modern parts of the world yet the Secretary of Energy has now become the most prominent person in this administration to declare that Donald J. Trump has been sent by God to lead the country.

I'm having trouble finding common ground here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Four years ago, Rick Perry was calling Trump a "barking carnival act," a "toxic mix of demagoguery, mean-spiritedness and nonsense," "a cancer on conservatism," and "the modern-day incarnation of the know-nothing movement." He works in mysterious ways. https://t.co/WqXhLRGoOm

• Like 3

Re the Gallagher case: 

Well gosh this isn’t how it is at all, not at all

• Like 1

:mellow:

Fox & Friends preview an interview with Rick Perry, where he says that Trump is "the chosen one" and "sent by God to do great things"

Pete Hegseth: "God has used imperfect people forever," but what Trump "has withstood is unlike what really any other mortal could understand"

https://twitter.com/CourtneyHagle/status/1198654816928579584 (video clip at link)

3 hours ago, squistion said:

Fox & Friends preview an interview with Rick Perry, where he says that Trump is "the chosen one" and "sent by God to do great things"

Pete Hegseth: "God has used imperfect people forever," but what Trump "has withstood is unlike what really any other mortal could understand"

https://twitter.com/CourtneyHagle/status/1198654816928579584 (video clip at link)

John Fugelsang @JohnFugelsang

Rick Perry also said forcing troops to serve beside gay soldiers compromised their Christian values. While they're shooting people.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

yeah Rick Perry isn’t very bright

• Laughing 1

Twitter says Trump is going to sign legislation making animal cruelty a federal felony. Passed unaninmously in the Senate. Good for everybody involved.   

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Twitter says Trump is going to sign legislation making animal cruelty a federal felony. Passed unaninmously in the Senate. Good for everybody involved.   

Yet SEAL Gallagher was accused to murdering brown people and taking pics with their corpse and instead of being punished for it Trump forces out Navy Secretary Richard Spencer because he wouldn't look the other way.

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Yet SEAL Gallagher was accused to murdering brown people and taking pics with their corpse and instead of being punished for it Trump forces out Navy Secretary Richard Spencer because he wouldn't look the other way.

Yeah well it being Thanksgiving week I was going for the positive. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, squistion said:

well I guess that puts a nail in the whole "God is omnibenevolent" argument.

• Laughing 1

18 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Camels in Kansas?  What is it 10,000 BC?

Also, I think I know this kid's dad. :ph34r:

I think I know the kid.  :oldunsure:  Same Congressional district.  I liked his letter.  (I agree with his assessment of Rep Sharice Davids: don’t agree with every policy decision, but clearly a thoughtful person who has worked hard to listen to voices from all parts of the district.  Her social media is all about her committee work in DC, who she meets with, and places she visits when back home.  No grandstanding about Trump.). 

His Twitter feed is a lot of retweets of Evan McMullin and John Kasich, on-brand for a conservative who feels betrayed by Trump and those who bend the knee to him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, squistion said:

Yes, God did use imperfect people and after he chose them they repented, felt unworthy, and or asked for forgiveness. Let me know when the Donald does this. Sadly that is very unlikely  to happen

• Like 1