Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Breaking: A NY judge ordered Eric Trump to answer questions under oath before the election in a fraud investigation into his family’s real estate business.

:lmao:

If there is one Trump family member you do not want under oath in a fraud claim - its Eric Trump.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, squistion said:

WATCH: (video clip at link)

Chants of "vote him out!" as President Trump and the First Lady pay their respects to the late Justice Ginsburg on the steps of the US Supreme Court.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1309133461798739970 (video clip at link)

You'd think people could be respectful during the services of Ginsburg.  Guess not

2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

You'd think people could be respectful during the services of Ginsburg.  Guess not

It wasn't a service. HTH.

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

It's still extremely disrespectful.  HTH

Sorry to offend your precious sensibilities. I'd imagine that RBG's family wouldn't mind but you clearly know better than me.

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, Workhorse said:

Sorry to offend your precious sensibilities. I'd imagine that RBG's family wouldn't mind but you clearly know better than me.

Do you often show up and taunt people paying respects to the deceased?  Maybe you aren't aware of what respect or decency is?

I looked into Trump's heart and determined he wasn't paying respects as much as removing "President didn't show up" out of a potential news cycle.

My headline would read: "Trump Listens to Advisors, Gets Booed."

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Do you often show up and taunt people paying respects to the deceased?  Maybe you aren't aware of what respect or decency is?

From this President? Those two words aren't in his vocabulary.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Workhorse said:
31 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

The way he handled his brother's sickness, hospital stays and death doesn't lend to his credibility.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

WATCH: (video clip at link)

Chants of "vote him out!" as President Trump and the First Lady pay their respects to the late Justice Ginsburg on the steps of the US Supreme Court.

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1309133461798739970 (video clip at link)

If people are upset at "norms" that President Trump has ignored or blown up....they themselves should be magnanimous when engaged in a situation that finds them having some power.  A funeral is one of those things in which "it isn't the time".  This is pretty crappy.  Those chanting and booing shouldn't be celebrated.   

8 minutes ago, Workhorse said:

We are talking about those chanting and you guys cheering it on.  HTH

Maybe next time you twist my words around you'll really get your zinger in.

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

We are talking about those chanting and you guys cheering it on.  HTH

Maybe next time you twist my words around you'll really get your zinger in.

Yeah, quote where I cheered it on?

I was mocking your whining about this lack of "respect" towards a guy who routinely disrespects pretty much everyone who disagrees with him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, squistion said:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1309507964626141189

@MSNBC reports that Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy did not attend the Capitol ceremony to honor Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

I get that it may be seen as disrespectful. Although, today's ceremony was by invitation only and if they were not invited then this isn't a story.

2 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

I get that it may be seen as disrespectful. Although, today's ceremony was by invitation only and if they were not invited then this isn't a story.

They were invited.  Both declined the invitations.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Geoff Bennett

@GeoffRBennett

Mitch McConnell will not be attending the Capitol ceremony honoring RBG this morning. A source familiar with the guest list tells NBC that McConnell is “on the list of regrets.”

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is also not present, although he was invited. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

Ok, minor story it is then. Unsurprising though as this type of behaviour is well within these two individuals wheelhouse.

eta: the clarification is appreciated

4 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Ok, minor story it is then. Unsurprising though as this type of behaviour is well within these two individuals wheelhouse.

eta: the clarification is appreciated

President Obama didn’t attend Justice Scalia’s funeral ceremony. 

10 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I didn't know that. Did he say why?

Edited by Zow

58 minutes ago, Zow said:
1 hour ago, bigbottom said:

He was shopping for a tan suit.

1 hour ago, Zow said:
1 hour ago, bigbottom said:

From what I remember, it was because Biden wanted to go to the funeral (because Biden had a fairly close relationship with Scalia's family). Obama paid his respects at a separate ceremony at the Supreme Court.

1 hour ago, Joe Summer said:

From what I remember, it was because Biden wanted to go to the funeral (because Biden had a fairly close relationship with Scalia's family). Obama paid his respects at a separate ceremony at the Supreme Court.

Amazing America survived eight years of that monster.

I imagine things are interesting in the White House tonight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

That would assume he cares about this sort of thing.

12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Someone come up with an excuse I can tweet...then something I can pin on Clinton, Obama or Biden.  I don’t even care which Clinton, Obama, or Biden.

Not an actual quote.

Just now, Sammy3469 said:

That would assume he cares about this sort of thing.

Oh he cares.  This is now about his personal reputation.

It not really about how little he pays in taxes, or how much he pays for Hair care - its that the businesses he runs lose so much money that he qualifies for preferential tax treatment.

With how poor of a businessman Trump is, I bet there are numerous other businesspeople who take full advantage of this. And those people have made a ####load of dough off of this guy. I mean, the money has to go somewhere right?

"She also is a Rhodes scholar," Trump's @PressSec says of Amy Coney Barrett, who did not receive a Rhodes Scholarship to study at Oxford, but instead received her BA from Rhodes College in Tennessee.

Kayleigh McEnany, when corrected, says: “Well, that’s what I have written down.” Yet another example of the sloppiness of this White House, re the truth, which has utterly eroded its credibility not just w the media, but w the public.

• Laughing 10

Posted (edited)

I'm sure she studied on the road...

Or has a passion for atlases.

Edited by The Z Machine

6 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

maybe she was a Roadie before she went to law school :shrug:

@ddale8

Trump told a sir story last night about a "construction worker" crying in gratitude to him.

That's the first time a "construction worker" has appeared in these stories, which have also featured a "coal miner," a "steelworker," a "farmer," and a man big as a "football player."

The common feature of the character in these stories is that they are male, tough and large, and that, before crying upon meeting Trump in a setting with no independent witnesses, they have never cried before, can't remember crying before, or only cried when they were a baby.

The Pope has denied a request from the Trump administration to have a meeting with Secretary Of State Mike Pompeo, citing a concern that Trump was attempting to exploit the Pope ahead of the November election.

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Can you plan something without knowing what it is?

Dude, Trump's used that position many times with many many beautiful women. He knows what it is.

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

The Pope has denied a request from the Trump administration to have a meeting with Secretary Of State Mike Pompeo, citing a concern that Trump was attempting to exploit the Pope ahead of the November election.

Love Liz Bruenig's (NYT Catholic leftist writer) comment on this

Elizabeth Bruenig

@ebruenig

·

22h

every few months pope francis does something cool like this and everyone is like "i love him, he's awesome" and then it gets out that he's still catholic and everyone is like "the pope is cancelled"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Trump requires food aid boxes to come with a letter from him

Nothing like buying votes with taxpayer money. Just another reason he should be in jail. 

Too bad he couldn't have had a press conference with those best practices 6 months ago or even today for that matter. 

ETA

I personally, like probably most  everyone else here, has paid more for those boxes than Trump. 

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

"She also is a Rhodes scholar," Trump's @PressSec says of Amy Coney Barrett, who did not receive a Rhodes Scholarship to study at Oxford, but instead received her BA from Rhodes College in Tennessee.

Kayleigh McEnany, when corrected, says: “Well, that’s what I have written down.” Yet another example of the sloppiness of this White House, re the truth, which has utterly eroded its credibility not just w the media, but w the public.

Turn the lights on and she becomes a Fulbright

I’ll see myself out

• Laughing 5

4 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

She can name every interstate highway in the US.

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

@ddale8

Trump told a sir story last night about a "construction worker" crying in gratitude to him.

That's the first time a "construction worker" has appeared in these stories, which have also featured a "coal miner," a "steelworker," a "farmer," and a man big as a "football player."

The common feature of the character in these stories is that they are male, tough and large, and that, before crying upon meeting Trump in a setting with no independent witnesses, they have never cried before, can't remember crying before, or only cried when they were a baby.

He also talked about a leader of a country with “forest cities” and there was a “sir” in that story too. He said “sir, yub nub. Yub nub, g’noop dock fling no’a yah wah! Yub nub!”

Edited by Snorkelson
*ewok celebration

3 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

@ddale8

This dude is really trying to copy the North Korea propaganda playbook, huh?

4 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

@ddale8

To be fair to Trump - he walked out to "Macho Man" so, he simply had The Village People on the mind.  

28 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Photo ops to make it look like he is busy

Its almost as if he wants to fool people into believing things...

Wait.  He took a picture with his jacket on and another with it off and you guys have come to the conclusion that it was a photo op to pretend he's busy?   Good gracious man go get some sun and fresh air.