Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

I do not approve of Donald Trump. 

Not coincidentally, I very much approve of the strategy to send Giuliani on all the news shows.  

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

you guys have come to the conclusion that it was a photo op to pretend he's busy

I mean, that's obviously what it is.  Why pretend otherwise?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I mean, that's obviously what it is.  Why pretend otherwise?  

It's not obvious in my world but I don't live in crazy conspiracy theory land either

• Laughing 1

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

It's not obvious in my world

Why would you admit that?  Did you honestly think he was sitting at a desk in a suit signing important papers all day while in the hospital with coronavirus?  Do you understand what a photo op is?  No wonder this country is such a mess. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Why would you admit that?  Did you honestly think he was sitting at a desk in a suit signing important papers all day while in the hospital with coronavirus?  Do you understand what a photo op is?  No wonder this country is such a mess. 

I have no idea what his condition is or isn't.  Again, I guess if you buy into all the theories that he's rapidly declining with his health then you would buy into this one.  Two pictures where one has a jacket on and the other doesn't isn't proof of a photo op unless you live in crazy conspiracy world.  No wonder this country is a mess

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

It's not obvious in my world but I don't live in crazy conspiracy theory land either

I mean the papers were blank so it’s hard to draw any other conclusion 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:
8 minutes ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

I have no idea what his condition is or isn't.  Again, I guess if you buy into all the theories that he's rapidly declining with his health then you would buy into this one.  Two pictures where one has a jacket on and the other doesn't isn't proof of a photo op unless you live in crazy conspiracy world.  No wonder this country is a mess

His health status has nothing to do with the absurd idea that this President spent the day working behind a desk.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I mean the papers were blank so it’s hard to draw any other conclusion 

You can see the papers in those photos?

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Two pictures ten minutes apart in different locations with two different looks. The EXACT SAME items are on the table in both pictures. Come on man.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I didn't say anything about his condition or his jacket.  It's obviously a photo op, you have to be really confused about how the universe works to not understand that.  This isn't crazy conspiracy world, this is the real world.  You're living in... something else if you can't see those photos for what they are. 

12 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

You can see the papers in those photos?

Yes you can see the one he is signing

13 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Two pictures ten minutes apart in different locations with two different looks. The EXACT SAME items are on the table in both pictures. Come on man.  

Good point.  I've never taken my jacket off while working and sitting at the same table.

• Laughing 1

Imagine voting for this guy and being proud of it.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

And purposefully attempting to make it look like two different locations, times, etc when it isn't. Hoping his followers would buy it.

Apparently it worked too!

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Hoping his followers would buy it.

Apparently it worked too!

That's the truly crazy part.  I've always wondered why politicians do these things.  Hard to believe it's because they actually work on some people.  

• Like 1

Just now, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

That's the truly crazy part.  I've always wondered why politicians do these things.  Hard to believe it's because they actually work on some people.  

The lack of critical thinking in some people is a huge problem for our country going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Welcome to my area of the country.  Its like I'm walking around like Roddy Piper in 'They Live'.

One good thing Trump is doing: he appears at least by tweet to be pushing his party towards agreeing with the Democrats on a stimulus package. 

Its a little late, it’s being done for political reasons, and there’s no way to know if Trump can talk the GOP senators into this. But better late than ever. People desperately need help. 

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

One good thing Trump is doing: he appears at least by tweet to be pushing his party towards agreeing with the Democrats on a stimulus package. 

Its a little late, it’s being done for political reasons, and there’s no way to know if Trump can talk the GOP senators into this. But better late than ever. People desperately need help. 

He's not going to be able to have this and the SC nomination get through unless they just take the House's 2 trillion package they just passed (again).

People are really going to loose their minds when the released from the hospital going home photo op presents itself today.

• Laughing 1

25 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

What deficit? Sounds like desperatio to me.

>>Trump pledges 'biggest tax cut ever' if he wins election in November. <<

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-pledges-biggest-tax-cut-ever-if-he-wins-in-november

Back to the greatest hits...Whatever happened to that middle class tax cut he promised a week or so before the mid terms (that no one in the senate knew about)??

59 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

And the libs are the sheep...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/trump-pledges-biggest-tax-cut-ever-if-he-wins-in-november

Is this like the pre 2018 election middle class tax cut that was TOTALLY going to happen? 

1 hour ago, Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Some of them even again appeared to be blank paper (as this administration has dome before).  Its not a crazy conspiracy theory...it seems to be a pattern with this POTUS to stage things.

1 hour ago, McBokonon said:

Stand by.

• Laughing 1

58 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Or acting like he supports it because he knows Mitch won’t budge.  Then can claim he was all for it...somehow still blame democrats and know that Mitch is in no jeopardy.

39 minutes ago, tonydead said:

People are really going to loose their minds when the released from the hospital going home photo op presents itself today.

Not sure anyone is losing their mind over this.  Funny that some want to defend it though.

• Like 1

Just now, sho nuff said:

Or acting like he supports it because he knows Mitch won’t budge.  Then can claim he was all for it...somehow still blame democrats and know that Mitch is in no jeopardy.

He’s beyond that sort of “don’t blame me” tactic helping him. He needs results. 

Just now, timschochet said:

He’s beyond that sort of “don’t blame me” tactic helping him. He needs results. 

Sure. doesn’t mean he wont try it.  He has been claiming he wants this for a while and blaming democrats.  This isn’t a new thing with these stimulus tweets

1 hour ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Good point.  I've never taken my jacket off while working and sitting at the same table.

Look at these 2 pictures less than 10 minutes apart

Do you normally change backgrounds and clothes 10 minutes apart?  You really don't see how it's an attempt to look like two completely different times as if he's doing well over an extended period of time that was photographed at various times of the day? 

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

Crazy conspiracy theory, I know!

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

41 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Are you still interested in seeing President Trump get re-elected? Or have you and others given up on that possibility (which admittedly, is shrinking day by day)? 
I only ask because you seem to be cheering on events that will work against that goal. 

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Do you normally change backgrounds and clothes 10 minutes apart?  You really don't see how it's an attempt to look like two completely different times as if he's doing well over an extended period of time that was photographed at various times of the day? 

He took a picture in one location, then moved to another one with a different background and a different table, put a jacket ON, and then took another picture less than 10 minutes later, while signing a blank sheet of paper.

You're confusing them with the two pictures thing.  Either of those pictures, taken alone, is a silly political photo op.  Every adult human knows this. 

19 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

The truly outrageous thing here is using a $4k camera and a $2.5k lens to shoot jpegs.

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Looks more like IOU's to me.

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SoBeDad said:

:lmao: - Ok, here's my offer - I'm going to give everyone a new car plus that healthcare thing I've been promising and I'll keep the poor people out of your neighborhood!!  Deal??

Edited by AAABatteries

2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

:lmao: - Ok, here's my offer - I'm going to give everyone a new car plus that healthcare thing I've been promising and I'll keep the poor people out of your neighborhood!!  Deal??

What about a pizza party every Friday?  It's been a long time since a politician made that promise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moleculo said:

What about a pizza party every Friday?  It's been a long time since a politician made that promise.

Pizza parties and politicians are a bit of a touchy issue I think!

6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

But, if you give poor people a car too, won't they just drive to my neighborhood?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

But, if you give poor people a car too, won't they just drive to my neighborhood?

D'oh...uh...walls, yeah, we'll build more walls!

8 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I’m still mad about the taco trucks

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

Looks more like IOU's to me.

Can you make out Putin's name at the top??

3 hours ago, tonydead said:

Own the libs by leaving the hospital! THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!

• Laughing 4

7 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Can you make out Putin's name at the top??

Dear Oligarch,

5 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Wait.  He took a picture with his jacket on and another with it off and you guys have come to the conclusion that it was a photo op to pretend he's busy?   Good gracious man go get some sun and fresh air.

Did you read the part where metadata shows the photos were taken only a few minutes apart? With that fact, the conclusion seems reasonable. 

• Like 1

Everything he does is for the camera.  It's just a much larger TV show for him.

4 hours ago, moleculo said:

"Video games in the cafeteria!"   (Some kid got elected class president during my HS years promising that.  As with 45's tax cuts, WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING FOR KARATE CHAMP TO SHOW UP AT 11:45, DUDE!)

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Haven't seen shoulder pads like that since Grace Jones.

Hey, Trump, Mike Singletary called and wants his shoulder pads back.

Dude looks like he's wearing 1980s linebacker pads. 

Edited by The Z Machine