Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

8 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

"Video games in the cafeteria!"   (Some kid got elected class president during my HS years promising that.  As with 45's tax cuts, WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING FOR KARATE CHAMP TO SHOW UP AT 11:45, DUDE!)

That game kicked butt. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, massraider said:
30 minutes ago, 5-ish Finkle said:

"Video games in the cafeteria!"   (Some kid got elected class president during my HS years promising that.  As with 45's tax cuts, WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING FOR KARATE CHAMP TO SHOW UP AT 11:45, DUDE!)

That game kicked butt. 

I felt like Bruce Lee training on a Wing Chun dummy kicking A with those double joysticks. 

Adding whatever this steroid concoction is that Trump got to my bucket list.  

The president has brought in the DOJ to defend him in the personal sexual assault lawsuit filed by Jean Carroll, by claiming that when he defamed her he was acting in his professional capacity as President of the United States. The DOJ will almost certainly lose this motion, but they will have achieved significant delay of the lawsuit at taxpayer expense, so in a sense have won by losing.

The plaintiff's MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE THE UNITED STATES AS DEFENDANT

The intro sentence sets the table:

There is not a single person in the United States—not the President and not anyone else— whose job description includes slandering women they sexually assaulted. That should not be a controversial proposition. Remarkably, however, the Justice Department seeks to prove it wrong. At the behest of the White House, and following a certification from the Attorney General pursuant to the Westfall Act, 28 U.S.C. § 2679(d), federal lawyers have moved to substitute the United States of America as the defendant in this action. They assert that Defendant Donald J. Trump was acting within the scope of his employment as President when he defamed Plaintiff E. Jean Carroll, a woman he sexually assaulted over twenty years ago, as retaliation for revealing his misconduct. Trump’s defamatory lies included assertions that Carroll had falsely accused other men of rape; that she was lying about him as part of a secret political conspiracy; that she had fabricated her accusation to sell books; and that he had never met her (despite a photograph of them together). Trump also remarked, “she’s not my type.” Compl. ¶ 97. These are the statements that the Justice Department asks the Court to find that Trump uttered within the scope of his duties as President.

1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

The president has brought in the DOJ to defend him in the personal sexual assault lawsuit filed by Jean Carroll, by claiming that when he defamed her he was acting in his professional capacity as President of the United States. The DOJ will almost certainly lose this motion, but they will have achieved significant delay of the lawsuit at taxpayer expense, so in a sense have won by losing.

The plaintiff's MEMORANDUM OF LAW IN OPPOSITION TO MOTION TO SUBSTITUTE THE UNITED STATES AS DEFENDANT

The intro sentence sets the table:

This is bananas. The DOJ's client is the USA. In essence, the DOJ is proactively subjecting it's client to possible liability when the Plaintiff isn't even seeking it. In any other situation the client very likely should sue for malpractice or, at the very least, fire the lawyer. 

Posted (edited)

Just read the memo. Section D is so telling. In layman's terms, the DOJ was barely even trying in their arguments (5 pages?? Reminds of the President's response brief on the impeachment issue) and is clearly just trying to help the President stall this lawsuit despite doing so really having no discernible benefit for its client. 

Just bananas. But, over the last few years, apparently just a Tuesday. 

Edited by Zow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 9:11 AM, Ilov80s said:

I mean the papers were blank so it’s hard to draw any other conclusion 

it  was NOT a photo op.

he was pre signing the Executive Orders for the beautiful health care plan, the massive middle class tax cuts and the perfect stimulus package that are ready to go, and we'll see soon, probably in a couple of weeks.

2 minutes ago, song said:

it  was NOT a photo op.

he was pre signing the Executive Orders for the beautiful health care plan, the massive middle class tax cuts and the perfect stimulus package that are ready to go, and we'll see soon, probably in a couple of weeks.

And approving the beautiful drug for the seniors...you probably didn't know this, but he is a senior as well.  

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)

I am surprised this has been posted yet or am I missing it? To be fair there are stem cells from aborted cells used in the final product. Only in the research that devolped the product but some may have issues with it none the less.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/regeneron-trump-covid-cure-aborted-fetal-tissue/&ved=2ahUKEwieoaTqjqbsAhVNZ80KHaosBM8Q0PADegQIChAe&usg=AOvVaw1uLpzmTY0nMtwQ362gH1r9

Edited by lazyike

AP says Pence cancelling events in Indiana tomorrow and returning to Washington. Hmmmm. 

Man, Trump tweeted out against Steve Schmidt and got absolutely torn apart in his reply. 

In his typical presidential form, Trump wrote, “I’ve beaten him and his very few remaining clients so much, and so badly, that he has become a blathering idiot.”

Then Schmidt replied:

“You’ve never beaten me at anything. This is our first dance. Did you like, Covita? We are so much better at this than your team of crooks, wife beaters, degenerates, weirdos and losers.

You are losing. We heard you loved Evita. You saw it so many times. Where will you live out your years in disgrace? Will you buy Jeffrey Epstein’s island? One last extra special deal from him? Or will you be drooling on yourself in a suite at Walter Reed? Maybe you will be in prison?

I bet you fear that. The Manhattan District Attorney may not be around to cover for you or your crooked kids anymore. Eliza Orlins doesn’t believe in different sets of rules for the Trumps. What about the State Attorney General? You know what you’ve done.

Oh, Donald. Who do you owe almost $500 million in personally guaranteed loans to? It's all coming down. You think you and your disgusting family are going to be in deal-flow next year? Are you really that delusional?

You are lucky Chris Wallace interrupted you after Joe Biden said you weren’t smart. You started to melt down. That’s the place that hurts the most. Right? Fred Sr., knew it. You’ve spent your whole life proving it. You aren’t very smart. You couldn’t take the SAT on your own. What was the real score? 970? We both know you know.

Are the steroids wearing off? Is the euphoria fading? Do you feel foggy? Tired? Do you ache? How is the breathing? Hmmm. Are you watching TV today? We will have some nice surprises for you. Everyone is laughing at you. You are a joke. A splendid moron turned deadly clown.

Did you watch Martha McSally in her debate against American hero, fighter pilot, test pilot, astronaut Capt. Mark Kelly? She is so embarrassed by you. She is ashamed and full of self-loathing for the choice she made in following you over the cliff. She is in free fall now. She will lose, like most of them, because of you.

We hear from the White House and the campaign everyday. They are betraying you. They are looking to get out alive and salvage careers and their names. It’s Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner vs. Donald Trump Jr., and Kimberly Guilfoyle on the inside. They are at war over scraps and who gets to command what will be the remnants of your rancid cult.

It’s almost over now. You are the greatest failure in American history. You are the worst president in American history. Disgrace will always precede your name. Your grandchildren and great-grandchildren will grow up ashamed of their names.

One day, I suppose there will be some small and not-much-visited library that bears your name. It will be the type of place where a drunk walks by, staring at the wall for a minute, before deciding it is beneath his dignity to piss on. That’s what is waiting for you.
Joe Biden is a better man. He’s smarter. He’s winning.

Do you remember when you didn’t want to name Donald Trump Jr., Donald because you were worried about him being a loser named Donald? You were right about that. He is.

But it is you who will be remembered as America’s greatest loser. You will be crushed in the election!”

• Thanks 1

I think I received a comeback from @General Malaise on that level once. :lmao: 

Totally normal statement from our President during an interview this afternoon:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

Secretary Pompeo tells Fox he’s working to get more of @HillaryClinton’s emails out before the election.

PERINO: Will that happen before the election?

POMPEO: Doing it as fast as we can. I certainly, I certainly think there'll be more to see before the election

😳

This is today. Pompeo gives me the sense these emails are buried in a dangerous place, under a collapsed building perhaps.

😂😂😂

YOU may not believe polls, but this White House does. 

21 minutes ago, massraider said:

😳

This is today. Pompeo gives me the sense these emails are buried in a dangerous place, under a collapsed building perhaps.

😂😂😂

YOU may not believe polls, but this White House does. 

What's fantastic is I could care less about Hillary - put her in jail for all I care (assuming there's a reason).  I think they are coming to the realization that there's almost nothing they can do to get people to not vote Biden. 

34 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

“If you #### around with us, if you do something bad to us, we are gonna do things to you that have never been done before.”

We've reached the desperation stage where we start threatening people who don't do what we want?  Fantastic - just what the country needs.

Hillary...really?  They know she isn't running, right?

20 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

What's fantastic is I could care less about Hillary - put her in jail for all I care (assuming there's a reason).  I think they are coming to the realization that there's almost nothing they can do to get people to not vote Biden. 

If they had something would they wait until a couple days before the election?

18 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Some folks’ memory isn’t what it used to be 

Posted (edited)

on subway

Edited by BobbyLayne

Posted (edited)

Sorry triple post

Edited by BobbyLayne

Trumps day so far:
- Says the F-word in a live Rush Limbaugh interview.
- Plans another super spreader on the WH Lawn this weekend.
- Convinces Pompeo to release Hillary's emails because he still thinks he's running against Hillary.
- Pelosi Announces 25th Amendment Commission.

Of note, Friday is a day that ends in y.

I left out President Donald Trump is apparently going to have a “medical evaluation” on television tonight on Fox News.

There are no words for how weird this guy is.

4 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

I left out President Donald Trump is apparently going to have a “medical evaluation” on television tonight on Fox News.

O/U on “I’ve never seen anything like this!”

8 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

And did I read correctly that the Doc doing this...was a "just the flu" guy?

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

And did I read correctly that the Doc doing this...was a "just the flu" guy?

The MD version of Better call Saul

1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

Who is "you"?

A. His doctors

B. Democrats

C. FBI

D. Michigan LEO

E. Congress

F. Chi-naaaa

G. SDNY

H. IRS

I. Duetsche Bank

J. Any former white house employee.

K. The 25 women

L. Joe and Mika

M. Steve Schmidt

N. Scotland

O. The Generals

P. Bob Woodward 

Q. George and Claudia Conway

R. Shifty Schiff

S. NY Times 

T. CNN

U. Dr. Fauci

V. Twitter

W. Rick Reilly

X. Rupert Murdock

Y. Meghan McCain

Z. Mitt Romney

I could keep going but 26 off the top of my head seems a good start for people to #### with him.

1 minute ago, Joe Mammy said:

Who is "you"?

A. His doctors

B. Democrats

C. FBI

D. Michigan LEO

E. Congress

F. Chi-naaaa

G. SDNY

H. IRS

I. Duetsche Bank

J. Any former white house employee.

K. The 25 women

L. Joe and Mika

M. Steve Schmidt

N. Scotland

O. The Generals

P. Bob Woodward 

Q. George and Claudia Conway

R. Shifty Schiff

S. NY Times 

T. CNN

U. Dr. Fauci

V. Twitter

W. Rick Reilly

X. Rupert Murdock

Y. Meghan McCain

Z. Mitt Romney

I could keep going but 26 off the top of my head seems a good start for people to #### with him.

Apparently it was AA - Iran (AB being North Korea)

So need to worry, just another threat of nuclear force, thankfully wasn’t trying to incite domestic violence

20 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

I watched it. The dude has coconuts for walking around there asking those questions. I have to watch my step every day here in Citrus Co, FL- the oldest and whitest county in FL, at least at last census. 30 minutes from The Villages.

They call me the crazy lib at my 4 times a week pickleball games. When I pose questions like that to them they just get mad. I don't do it much anymore. 

There are alot of huge 4wd trucks riding around waving Trump flags and there is no way I'd put a Biden bumper sticker on my car.

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

I think they've realized that they aren't going to sway voters. They need to make sure that their base all comes out to vote. I could see the Hillary emails strategy working there. 

More from his Rush Limbaugh interview today:

Trump depicted the New York investigations as merely the latest witch hunt. “I had to beat off the phony Mueller report, I had to beat off all this stuff, I had to beat off impeachment, I had to beat off Congress, everything else … they then sent it to New York, which is all political … have to beat that off.”

Trump is going to have a lot on his hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 6