Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

Just now, sho nuff said:

He basically admitted last night he doesn't really vet what he retweets anyway.  Yeah, he was either forwarded that from someone else, or saw the headline and thought it was true because it made his "enemies" look bad.  Pretty sure that type of impulsive behavior is not a strong quality for POTUS.

Yeah I’m not sure which is funnier/more embarrassing that the President read the story and took it as actual reporting or that the President will believe and share any headline he reads without reading the article or looking at the source. This should tell everyone what they need to know about his qualifications to run the country.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He basically admitted last night he doesn't really vet what he retweets anyway.  Yeah, he was either forwarded that from someone else, or saw the headline and thought it was true because it made his "enemies" look bad.  Pretty sure that type of impulsive behavior is not a strong quality for POTUS.

Also there’s a difference between vetting a story and skimming through it. He’s not even skimming these things.

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 1

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Yeah I’m not sure which is funnier/more embarrassing that the President read the story and took it as actual reporting or that the President will believe and share any headline he reads without reading the article or looking at the source. This should tell everyone what they need to know about his qualifications to run the country.

Believes those things...shrugs off his own intelligence warnings that his personal errand boy...Im sorry, lawyer...is being used by Russia to push disinformation.

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Also there’s a difference between vetting a story and skimming through it. He’s not even skimming these things.

Yeah...but we are going to get this super awesome vetting soon to end the "temporary" immigration ban from several islamic countries.  How is that temporary ban coming by the way...was supposed to be several months long right...going on how many years now?

50 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yeah...but we are going to get this super awesome vetting soon to end the "temporary" immigration ban from several islamic countries.  How is that temporary ban coming by the way...was supposed to be several months long right...going on how many years now?

And I’m sure this new health care plan he has is incredible. The details aren’t important just know it’s cheaper and better.

• Laughing 2

8 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

At least the rich got another tax cut for flying on private jets.

Here’s How You Can Save 7.5% Off Your Private Jet Flights In 2021 And Beyond

That 7.5% will now be used to invest in working class Americans, obviously!  We’re down with this trickle, ya hear!

*I fully admit to pulling a Trump here and only responding to article headline, no idea what’s really detailed within

20 minutes ago, That one guy said:
30 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

At least the rich got another tax cut for flying on private jets.

Here’s How You Can Save 7.5% Off Your Private Jet Flights In 2021 And Beyond

That 7.5% will now be used to invest in working class Americans, obviously!  We’re down with this trickle, ya hear!

*I fully admit to pulling a Trump here and only responding to article headline, no idea what’s really detailed within

It was nestled in the CARES Act.  Because the poor and those that truly need shouldn't be the only people to get help.

59 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The NYT has written a lengthy op-ed about Trump.

"End Our National Crisis"

A line that sums up just about everything: the lesson of the last four years is that he cannot solve the nation’s pressing problems because he is the nation’s most pressing problem

That's a good line.

If Ben Sasse was a newspaper, he'd be the NY Times. 

Times grabbing WAPO mic and trying to claim some historic editorial high ground. 

Some highlights of the DrudgeReport front page tonight:

John Kelley unloads on Trump

"The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life," the retired Marine general has told friends, CNN has learned.

TRUMP: I MIGHT LEAVE COUNTRY IF I LOSE (Blaring red/blue siren worthy, apparently)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mcintyre1 said:

Some highlights of the DrudgeReport front page tonight:

John Kelley unloads on Trump

TRUMP: I MIGHT LEAVE COUNTRY IF I LOSE (Blaring red/blue siren worthy, apparently)

Disappointing that someone like Kelley, who I'm assuming is proud of his country and should have high moral and ethical standards can only come out and say this to his friends but not go on record to share his opinion of the commander in chief :(

8 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Disappointing that someone like Kelley, who I'm assuming is proud of his country and should have high moral and ethical standards can only come out and say this to his friends but not go on record to share his opinion of the commander in chief :(

Could you have imagined 5 years ago that this quote would be made by an American general and he would be talking about the President?  It’s unreal.

”The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,”

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Could you have imagined 5 years ago that this quote would be made by an American general and he would be talking about the President?  It’s unreal.

”The depths of his dishonesty is just astounding to me. The dishonesty, the transactional nature of every relationship, though it's more pathetic than anything else. He is the most flawed person I have ever met in my life,”

The quote itself is not shocking, as it doesn't say anything that we didn't already know 5 years ago.

The fact that it was stated by a General is somewhat shocking, I suppose, but that's only because there had been a time-honored, unspoken understanding that retired Generals don't criticize Republican Presidents, and vice versa. Trump's lack of respect to tradition has basically given Kelly a green light to speak his mind.

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1317576907412721667?s=19

Thread on Trump's Michigan rally. 

Two years ago, this was gross. Now, I'm enjoying every second. 

He might keep holding rallies after he loses, if he can find someone to foot the bill. Just start campaigning for 2024, and head out there. That's my hope anyway. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sea Duck said:

The quote itself is not shocking, as it doesn't say anything that we didn't already know 5 years ago.

The fact that it was stated by a General is somewhat shocking, I suppose, but that's only because there had been a time-honored, unspoken understanding that retired Generals don't criticize Republican Presidents, and vice versa. Trump's lack of respect to tradition has basically given Kelly a green light to speak his mind.

I agree.  But it will never not be amazing to me that seemingly every single person who works alongside Trump comes out telling the exact same story about how awful he is as a person.  I honestly can't think of anyone in any line of work who is held in such universal contempt by the folks who get to know them.  Even late-career Marlon Brando had his well-wishers.

Edit: Bill Romonowski maybe?

Edited by IvanKaramazov
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I agree.  But it will never not be amazing to me that seemingly every single person who works alongside Trump comes out telling the exact same story about how awful he is as a person.  I honestly can't think of anyone in any line of work who is held in such universal contempt by the folks who get to know them.  Even late-career Marlon Brando had his well-wishers.

I think Ty Cobb was universally hated.  But I can't think of anyone else.  I've always wondered if Trump has any true friends?

11 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

I think Ty Cobb was universally hated.  But I can't think of anyone else.  I've always wondered if Trump has any true friends?

I was thinking Rick Barry.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Roger Stone?

In a glorious turn of events, Trump is returning to the "I fixed dishwashers" rally line, to appeal to women voters. 

👍

• Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

In a glorious turn of events, Trump is returning to the "I fixed dishwashers" rally line, to appeal to women voters. 

👍

Well, that is the cycle.  Wash, rinse, repeat...

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1

21 minutes ago, massraider said:

👍

Almost as good as the "I fixed prisons" rally line, to appeal to Black voters.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Insomniac said:

At least Rick Barry could shoot free throws.

1 hour ago, Insomniac said:

Shannen Doherty?

• Thinking 1

On 10/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, IvanKaramazov said:

Jerry Lee Lewis is a real SOB I hear. 

President Donald Trump interrupted one of the earliest classified briefings of his presidency to ask top intelligence officials if they would like a milkshake, according to a new report from Politico. 

"Does anyone want a malt?" Trump reportedly said during the briefing, calling a waiter into the room. "We have the best malts, you have to try them."

You know, there's a part of me that is going to miss this buffoonery.  :lmao:

• Laughing 6

21 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

He'll land another "reality" show...

24 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Stories like these--and we have all forgotten  how many of them--are the reason I have no fear of Trump "deciding not to accept the results". 

There are lifetime American Patriots, in the military, Secret Service, State Department, FBI, CIA and Justice Department. People who love this country more than any of us can know (me, anyway). I assume these people daydream about being the group that gets the assignment to physically remove this Superman from the White House. 

After I takes my vitamins, and I say my prayers, like any good Hulkamaniac, I PRAY that Trump fights the results. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, glock said:

He'll land another "reality" show...

Let’s play what if...

Say Trump loses. He lives as long as his father did.

What does his next 20 years look like?

• Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

Let’s play what if...

Say Trump loses. He lives as long as his father did.

What does his next 20 years look like?

I seriously think he just starts running again for 2024.  Temp job on some conservative tv network to give him free weekly exposure until then. If he loses again, just rinse and repeat.

Edited by Leroy Hoard

If he loses, I think the republican party kicks him out and Trump runs as a 3rd party in 2024.  He'll have Ivanka run with him.  And he'll garner quite a bit of the vote, too.  Teddy Roosevelt comes to mind.  He garnered 27% of the popular vote as a 3rd party candidate.  Trump will do well, but I doubt he has enough to ever return to the Oval Office.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/944607/trump-reportedly-invited-waiter-into-secret-intelligence-briefing-room-order-milkshake

Trump reportedly invited a waiter into a top secret intelligence briefing room to order a milkshake

Not shocking just embarrassingly normal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oOv3cuP8M4

He really is a lot like the Larry David character playing George Steinbrenner in Seinfeld.  And the thing is, I'm not even the least bit upset over this incident.  It's so......on brand for him. :lmao:

• Like 1

During his Arizona rally, President Trump says, "They're getting tired of the pandemic, aren't we? You turn on CNN. That's all they cover. Covid, covid, pandemic. Covid, covid, covid. They're trying to talk people out of voting...People aren't buying it, CNN, you dumb bastards."

😍😂😍😂

38 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

https://theweek.com/speedreads/944607/trump-reportedly-invited-waiter-into-secret-intelligence-briefing-room-order-milkshake

Trump reportedly invited a waiter into a top secret intelligence briefing room to order a milkshake

Not shocking just embarrassingly normal. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oOv3cuP8M4

Today he called Fauci an "idiot". 

34 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Yet one more reason for the "undecided" to become decided.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

Meanwhile, in another "says the quiet parts out loud moment", Trump admits that he tried to plant a Joe Biden scandal story with the Wall Street Journal.

Another entry: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318282942762934272?s=21

"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'”

47 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

7 minutes ago, caustic said:

Another entry: https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318282942762934272?s=21

"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'”

Does he think these are winning positions? “Fauci is an idiot” and “I extort money from companies”? Do actual people listen to that and think “yes, I agree with that”? Unreal.