Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

10 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:
On 12/9/2019 at 11:26 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

23 hours since this post and not a single Trump supporter has bothered to comment. Very telling. 

Update.

- Note the faces in the window. There is no reporting on who was there on either side.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

What’s the deal with making Judaism a nationality? I feel like I’ve seen this one before.

Allows them to squash anti Israel activists on college campus. Religon isn't protected but nation of origin is. 

You know....because free speech. Wink wink. 

(Disclaimer: I am agnostic on Palestine/Israel stuff. Too complicated/over my head)

33 minutes ago, That one guy said:

I have no respect for “trophy” hunters and really can’t stand them attempting to use descriptor of “outdoorsman” for such activities 

Yep, and I guarantee Little Donny has never "hunted" one animal without a guide holding his hand and doing all the dirty work afterwards.  

15 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

Trump lead chants of "lock her up" to Hillary, yet he's in pretty significant legal trouble on multiple counts, and facing impeachment.

Trump called the Clinton Foundation a "criminal enterprise", and yet has now had to pay $2 million dollars for abusing his own charity, and to contribute the remaining balance to other charities.

Trump supporters - what will it take for you to see the truth here?  He's a con-man who is, at his core, as corrupt and tainted as he accuses others of being.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Update.

- Note the faces in the window. There is no reporting on who was there on either side.

That picture is so telling.  Trump seated in the Oval Office, with a Russian diplomat standing over him.  It's pretty clear where the power lies in that relationship.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mookie said:

That picture is so telling.  Trump seated in the Oval Office, with a Russian diplomat standing over him.  It's pretty clear where the power lies in that relationship.  

Yep, agree. Lavrov certainly knows it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mookie said:

Putin says, "Sit. Good boy." 

• Like 1

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yep, agree. Lavrov certainly knows it.

No excuse for the staging of that photo with a foreign diplomat in that power pose. He should be in front of the desk if there’s a photo in the Oval. Just gross.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, adonis said:

Trump supporters - what will it take for you to see the truth here?  He's a con-man who is, at his core, as corrupt and tainted as he accuses others of being.

In a sane universe, which we are not in, anyone (let alone the President of the United States) found to have schemed to misuse charity funds would be in prison. 

• Love 3

Was this another photo from a Russian news agency, or was this an official WH photographer?

• Like 2

The Trump family hates corruption so much they’re voluntarily going through mandatory training. I bet Chelsea never did that!

• Like 2

Amanda Carpenter, former senior communications advisor and speechwriter for Senator Ted Cruz, was on  Don Lemon last night. She gave a great (imo) interview describing how Trump gaslights. They also commented on how similar these actions are to fascism. See if any of this sounds familiar.

• Stake a Claim. Find a political issue that competitors are unwilling to approach and that the media will find sensational.
  • Advance and Deny. Bring the issue into public awareness without a side on it. Discuss the issue with media by speculating on what others are saying, reporting, or thinking about the issue, whether they are or not, using unverifiable sources, such as YouTube, Twitter, and other internet news stories, as references. Conspiracy theories are useful for presenting issues, since the lack of real evidence to support them serves only to further the deepening of the conspiracy.
  • Create Suspense. Announce to the media that the important evidence regarding the issue will soon be revealed.
  • Discredit the Opponent. Attack the motives and personal character of anyone who criticizes the raising of the issue in question, often with demeaning nicknames that attack personal attributes of the opponent.
  • Win. Declare victory, regardless of the circumstances. This is used to bury the issue.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Amanda Carpenter, former senior communications advisor and speechwriter for Senator Ted Cruz, was on  Don Lemon last night. She gave a great (imo) interview describing how Trump gaslights. They also commented on how similar these actions are to fascism. See if any of this sounds familiar.

• Stake a Claim. Find a political issue that competitors are unwilling to approach and that the media will find sensational.
  • Advance and Deny. Bring the issue into public awareness without a side on it. Discuss the issue with media by speculating on what others are saying, reporting, or thinking about the issue, whether they are or not, using unverifiable sources, such as YouTube, Twitter, and other internet news stories, as references. Conspiracy theories are useful for presenting issues, since the lack of real evidence to support them serves only to further the deepening of the conspiracy.
  • Create Suspense. Announce to the media that the important evidence regarding the issue will soon be revealed.
  • Discredit the Opponent. Attack the motives and personal character of anyone who criticizes the raising of the issue in question, often with demeaning nicknames that attack personal attributes of the opponent.
  • Win. Declare victory, regardless of the circumstances. This is used to bury the issue.

Notice "Create Suspense" in particular. Current examples are the IG report and now just wait for the next one! THAT'S gonna be the big one!

Hannity's constant hammering about new Deep State evidence will soon be revealed also fits here.

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 2

The events described on the last two pages are stomach churning.Trump, his cronies, and a decent portion of his family are a blight on this country.

52 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Of course this is happening. When will more people realize that this is all a test? We have to ability to control our awareness. This entire country was founded on need for checks and balances to avoid man’s natural inclination towards corrupt governance and tyranny by the few on the many.

As Jefferson said, if men were angels we would need government. We are not, and so we need institutions and processes to discern truth and battle back against those seeking to exploit vulnerabilities in human nature and aptitude. If we can’t recognize and protect against a Trump, we’ll end up with a Putin. Too many white men have romanticized what that would mean, neglecting the fact that we are both headed in that direction and it will not benefit all but a very, very few of them. 

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

The events described on the last two [thousand] pages are stomach churning.Trump, his cronies, and a decent portion of his family are a blight on this country.

Added what’s between the [ ]

1 hour ago, Mr. Ham said:

Sick of this ####. People that steal from those that need help the most, because often they are unable to help themselves, are the worst among us.   

• Like 3

again 5 years ago can you imagine discussing the president using his charity for his own personal biggie bank, being found guilty and then everyone just shrugs it off.

a good portion of this society is vile and morally corrupt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, Lutherman2112 said:

YouTube removes video of pastor saying Trump impeachment is a 'Jew coup' but doesn't ban him

YouTube has removed video of a Florida pastor and radio host claiming the effort to impeach Donald Trump is a ‘Jew coup’ - but his channel remains online.

Joke's on you, Luther.  He was just talking about a sporty car that's shaped like a bagel. 

2 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

Joke's on you, Luther.  He was just talking about a sporty car that's shaped like a bagel. 

This post is an obvious ethnic schmear.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

After bipartisan pushback, Trump ditches effort to kill major federal agency

President Trump has abandoned his administration’s faltering effort to dissolve a key federal agency, a major setback in his three-year battle to keep his campaign promise to make government leaner and more efficient.

The Office of Personnel Management will remain the human resources manager of the civilian workforce of 2.1 million employees, and its functions will not — for the foreseeable future at least — be parceled out to the White House and the General Services Administration.

The White House hoped that shuttering the agency of 5,500 employees could serve as a blueprint for eliminating other federal offices as Trump tries to contain the size and scope of a bureaucracy he targeted as duplicative and inefficient — and rein in a workforce he views with skepticism.

But an 18-month effort by a top Office of Management and Budget official to eliminate the government personnel office left the plan on life support, despite a bipartisan consensus that the operation is deeply troubled.

...In recent weeks, Trump soured on continuing the fight after seeing an obscure Washington-area television program about government, according to White House officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly. WJLA’s “Government Matters” has aired several segments about the OPM proposal. Top budget office and other White House officials were rushed to meet with Trump the following day. ...

I can't think of a worse idea than changing public policy based on what one sees on television, yet here we are. 

I suppose this was all utterly predictable, but what's really scary is how little outrage I have left to give. The growing, cancerous dysfunction inside the federal government will probably have as much or more long-term negative impact as anything, but everyone's attention and energy is diluted by a million other deleterious actions, distractions, and controversies.

We learned the other day that we've wasted almost two decades in Afghanistan, along with all the treasure and human life that entails, but it's basically been ignored. Time's "Person of the Year" has gotten ten times the attention despite not being a trillionth as significant.

I guess since both sides are implicated there's nothing to fight about so the possibility of anything significant happening will simply die on the vine. I don't know why I chose to post all this here, but it's tremendously disheartening.

14 hours ago, killface said:

again 5 years ago can you imagine discussing the president using his charity for his own personal biggie bank, being found guilty and then everyone just shrugs it off.

a good portion of this society is vile and morally corrupt

Try saying "Hillary Clinton ran a fraudulent University, scamming elderly and others of their life savings. She paid 25m in damages to settle the case" and then image how much we would have heard about that by now, compared to Trump U

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bananafish said:

I can't think of a worse idea than changing public policy based on what one sees on television, yet here we are. 

I suppose this was all utterly predictable, but what's really scary is how little outrage I have left to give. The growing, cancerous dysfunction inside the federal government will probably have as much or more long-term negative impact as anything, but everyone's attention and energy is diluted by a million other deleterious actions, distractions, and controversies.

We learned the other day that we've wasted almost two decades in Afghanistan, along with all the treasure and human life that entails, but it's basically been ignored. Time's "Person of the Year" has gotten ten times the attention despite not being a trillionth as significant.

I guess since both sides are implicated there's nothing to fight about so the possibility of anything significant happening will simply die on the vine. I don't know why I chose to post all this here, but it's tremendously disheartening.

This is somewhat off topic.  But I'm old enough to remember the 80s.  I remember Afghanistan kicking the Soviet Union's ### all over the mountains.  And I remember thinking to myself two decades later, "now WE want to have a go at them?  Yeah, good luck with that."

I had this convo with a Trump supporter friend, the oldest of friends, a while back, and I asked him why all these Deep Staters who had spent their lives and careers working for democracy, capitalism, America would be so determined to oppose Trump? He told me it was simple: envy. That was the argument. 

But I think maybe the question of what motivates Trump and his dark distrust of experts and diplomatic, intelligence and military personnel who have similarly devoted their lives to higher American ideals is also interesting. Why is Trump so enervated about and against them? I think the answer is a kind of reverse envy. Trump cannot understand or even believe that people are motivated by anything besides self-interest, especially money. He has an almost visceral reaction to it. I can only imagine this is deeply rooted in his upbringing.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I had this convo with a Trump supporter friend, the oldest of friends, a while back, and I asked him why all these Deep Staters who had spent their lives and careers working for democracy, capitalism, America would be so determined to oppose Trump? He told me it was simple: envy. That was the argument. 

But I think maybe the question of what motivates Trump and his dark distrust of experts and diplomatic, intelligence and military personnel who have similarly devoted their lives to higher American ideals is also interesting. Why is Trump so enervated about and against them? I think the answer is a kind of reverse envy. Trump cannot understand or even believe that people are motivated by anything besides self-interest, especially money. He has an almost visceral reaction to it. I can only imagine this is deeply rooted in his upbringing.

SID, recently I've found that when I listen to a trump supporter, and wait until they've been heard, and simply ask, 'is he the best we can do, can we do better?'  Game over.  Nearly everyone thinks we can do better.  "That's what I'm talking about".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuaHRN7UhRo

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

That still seems awfully high for a person so corrupt and scummy. It's hard to not see his supporters as equally scummy if they continue to stick with him.

• Like 2

Yeah, but they say they're only joking. :mellow: 

@GovMikeHuckabee

I'll be on

@seanhannity

2nite

@FoxNews

at 9pm ET and will explain how

@realDonaldTrump

will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as

@POTUS

so that's why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election.

11:42 AM · Dec 12, 2019·Twitter Web App

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

@GovMikeHuckabee

I'll be on

@seanhannity

2nite

@FoxNews

@realDonaldTrump

will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as

@POTUS

Good lord.

25 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

@GovMikeHuckabee

I'll be on

@seanhannity

2nite

@FoxNews

@realDonaldTrump

@POTUS

At first i was turned off by the writing style...then I actually read the message.

Yes...GOP, please keep pushing this.  Talk about a blue Tsunami...

35 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

@GovMikeHuckabee

I'll be on

@seanhannity

2nite

@FoxNews

@realDonaldTrump

@POTUS

So now they're actively trying to violate the Constitution? That's a colossally bad move. It's like they're trying to drive everyone but their base away.

37 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

@GovMikeHuckabee

I'll be on

@seanhannity

2nite

@FoxNews

@realDonaldTrump

@POTUS

Which why we can't just wait for elections to sort this out.  I pray to God we get a democrat supermajority and they do the right thing and pass laws and amendments so this never happens again.  Serious about praying about it too. Almost every night. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Which why we can't just wait for elections to sort this out.  I pray to God we get a democrat supermajority and they do the right thing and pass laws and amendments so this never happens again.  Serious about praying about it too. Almost every night. 

I've been praying for this nation to get some sanity back, because we've lost it collectively. I've also been praying for mercy for the dumb stuff we do, and that if this is the end of America's run, that it goes quietly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kal El said:

I've been praying for this nation to get some sanity back, because we've lost it collectively. I've also been praying for mercy for the dumb stuff we do, and that if this is the end of America's run, that it goes quietly.

I’m an atheist, but just in case, keep trying

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, joffer said:

I’m an atheist, but just in case, keep trying

If I'm wrong, I'm just wasting my time. If nothing else, I can try to make the world a little nicer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheriff Bart said:

90's Trump interview

He seems so normal here. Trump is a very sick person. 

One of the symptoms of neurosyphilis is vision problems. It’s particularly difficult for victims to read under less than perfect conditions such as distortions in the text, perhaps caused by rain drops on a TelePrompTer screen.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with how neurosyphilis is contracted, it commonly occurs after living 15-20 years with untreated syphilis.

So if someone slept around in the 1990s and went to a quack doctor who would tell a patient whatever they wanted to hear, they could likely be suffering the effects today. Diagnosis requires a spinal tap and it does not show up in blood tests so routine physicals would not reveal that a patient is suffering from it.

Other symptoms include confusion, sudden personality changes, changes in mental stability, dementia, moodiness, slurred speech, paranoia, and incontinence (sometimes early in the morning, perhaps while tweeting).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1