Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

9 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

I think he's actually got to gain quite a few of the above since turnout for Hillary was uninspired.  If dems turnout like they have been the last few elections there's little path for Trump.  Unless he's converted a lot of folks who didn't vote for him before into votes this time.  And that seems virtually impossible. 

Not impossible. Unlikely. Very possible. IMO, if Medicare for All is part of the Democratic Party platform. 

The dynamics of 2020 have not changed: there are still 3 states that matter more than the rest: Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. These states are mostly white, mostly aging, divided between urban and rural. These things favor Trump’s message. 

Now if 2018 is a pattern, Trump will lose suburban women badly, and with them Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. If blacks come out in Michigan like they did for Obama in 2008 and 2012, but not for Hillary in 2016, Trump will lose Michigan. And the big advantage to Democrats is that Trump really has to win all 3 (or at least 2 if one is Pennsylvania.) 

But none of this is certain. 

Typical Trump - wearing a campaign hat to an Army/Navy game.

Guy just has no idea what anything means except campaigning. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

Not impossible. Unlikely. Very possible. IMO, if Medicare for All is part of the Democratic Party platform. 

The dynamics of 2020 have not changed: there are still 3 states that matter more than the rest: Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. These states are mostly white, mostly aging, divided between urban and rural. These things favor Trump’s message. 

Now if 2018 is a pattern, Trump will lose suburban women badly, and with them Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. If blacks come out in Michigan like they did for Obama in 2008 and 2012, but not for Hillary in 2016, Trump will lose Michigan. And the big advantage to Democrats is that Trump really has to win all 3 (or at least 2 if one is Pennsylvania.) 

But none of this is certain. 

Michigan county level judges just purged 200,000 registered voters from the roles. 

Minority rule is here in a big way in this country

3 hours ago, whoknew said:

Someone should switch his hat when he isn't looking that says "Hate Does Not Make America Great"

4 hours ago, whoknew said:

We also have cadets flashing white power signs at the game :( 

2 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Every one should be identified and kicked out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The same people who called the Parkland kids who watched their friends and classmates get massacred ‘crisis actors’ are now saying disgusting things about Greta. Even if you think climate change is a hoax, you can recognize that she is trying to make the world a better place. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slapdash said:

I admit - I don't know the symbolism well enough. Is that a clear white power/supremacy sign? 

1 hour ago, Dickies said:

The same people who called the Parkland kids who watched their friends and classmates get massacred ‘crisis actors’ are now saying disgusting things about Greta. Even if you think climate change is a hoax, you can recognize that she is trying to make the world a better place. 

Reasonable people can.  What do you do when 1/3 of the country is no longer reasonable?

12 hours ago, whoknew said:

I admit - I don't know the symbolism well enough. Is that a clear white power/supremacy sign? 

Apparently the OK sign is used for it now. It was also used as a game where is someone saw you making it, they got to punch your shoulder. My buddy and I did the latter when we were working together, it was always funny when one of us caught the other.

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Apparently the OK sign is used for it now. It was also used as a game where is someone saw you making it, they got to punch your shoulder. My buddy and I did the latter when we were working together, it was always funny when one of us caught the other.

Nazis, ruining everyone's good time for the last 90 years! 

• Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 9:35 AM, RBM said:

Didn’t mean her. She’s clearly being used. 

If he’s openly mocking her on Twitter and manipulating her photo in order to troll people other than her, he himself is using her. You should be calling him out rather than cheering him on. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 12/14/2019 at 9:59 AM, RBM said:

I don’t hate her. I think she’s annoying but I feel bad for her. She’s 16 and brainwashed  is being used. 

Why do you laugh when the President mocks her if you feel bad for her?  Why do you think it’s awesome when the President uses her to troll people if you feel bad for her?

I guess what I’m saying is that I get that Trump supporters are frustrated. The attacks (whether justified or unjustified) are constant and seemingly neverending. So when the President trolls his critics, I can see a certain enjoyment and satisfaction that comes from that. But I also believe that most people are innately good, yourself included, and do indeed feel empathy for this 16 year old girl with special needs. I think if you gave it a bit more thought and reflection, you wouldn’t laugh or be entertained when the President mocks her, even if it does scratch the itch of trolling people you believe deserve to be trolled. So I guess I’m asking everyone to be a bit more thoughtful when it comes to Greta Thunberg. Because if the President’s supporters eat it up, he’ll keep doing it. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, bigbottom said:
On 12/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, RBM said:

Didn’t mean her. She’s clearly being used. 

If he’s openly mocking her on Twitter and manipulating her photo in order to troll people other than her, he himself is using her. You should be calling him out rather than cheering him on. 

Also, when you publicly tell a child that they need to "chill", then you aren't treating them like a victim of exploitation.

And if you aren't treating them like a victim, then the odds are pretty high that you don't believe that they're a victim.

1 hour ago, bigbottom said:

Why do you laugh when the President mocks her if you feel bad for her?  Why do you think it’s awesome when the President uses her to troll people if you feel bad for her?

I guess what I’m saying is that I get that Trump supporters are frustrated. The attacks (whether justified or unjustified) are constant and seemingly neverending. So when the President trolls his critics, I can see a certain enjoyment and satisfaction that comes from that. But I also believe that most people are innately good, yourself included, and do indeed feel empathy for this 16 year old girl with special needs. I think if you gave it a bit more thought and reflection, you wouldn’t laugh or be entertained when the President mocks her, even if it does scratch the itch of trolling people you believe deserve to be trolled. So I guess I’m asking everyone to be a bit more thoughtful when it comes to Greta Thunberg. Because if the President’s supporters eat it up, he’ll keep doing it. 

BB, I hate to break it to you but many of his supporters love Trump just for those at kind of childish insults and anytime libs can be owned all the better.

IMHO they will never ever change.  I say this while spending time on a very very pro-Trump message board since the election.  The Trump supporters here are very tame compared to other places. 

:(

https://twitter.com/fox32news/status/1206333558530478080 (photo at link)

FOX 32 News‏ @fox32news 2:01 PM - 15 Dec 2019

William Stark, who lives next door to a school where 60% of the students are not white, says the Nazi and Confederate symbols he's plastered outside his house are not racist.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/iowa-homeowner-says-swastikas-confederate-flags-are-not-racist

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

William Stark, who lives next door to a school where 60% of the students are not white, says the Nazi and Confederate symbols he's plastered outside his house are not racist.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/iowa-homeowner-says-swastikas-confederate-flags-are-not-racist

Hmm, a landlocked state that has no ties to either the Confederacy or Nazi Germany, but this isn't racist? 

:shockedpikachuface:

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

He looks so sad.

But this is a Trump thread. What does this story have to do with Donald Trump?

10 minutes ago, timschochet said:

He looks so sad.

The thread title is The Trump Years and Trump has defended Confederate symbols in the past, like statues, etc. (although not Nazi symbols)  I didn't know where else to put it and I didn't feel it merited it own thread. Mods can move it to a more appropriate thread if they wish. 

Perhaps there should be a catch all Political News of the Day thread created.

Edited by squistion

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Nah.  Not with "voice to text" software.

Trump: "Meet me in the Hallway"

VoiceToText message to Navy: "Imminently attack Norway"

• Laughing 4

2 minutes ago, adonis said:

"President Trump, we think we can get more of the black vote if you seem into reggae.  I just need you to dictate a press release about this hand-written 'Irie Sign.'"

Boom.  Problem solved.

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, adonis said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

3 hours ago, adonis said:

VoiceToText message to Navy: "Imminently try to buy Norway"

Fixed. 

Edited by James Daulton

10 hours ago, timschochet said:

He looks so sad.

lol

8 hours ago, dozer said:

It's actually not that short.

We currently have an acting Dir of National Intelligence, an acting Principal Dep Dir of Nat Intel, an acting head of the National Counterterrorism Center...At DHS, there is an acting Secretary and Dep Sec, an acting chief of staff, executive secretary, CFO, general counsel, CIO, a vacant Under Sec for Management and vacant Under Sec for Sci & Tech, ...and no confirmed heads of ANY border or immigration agency—More broadly, at DOJ, the #3 role has been vacant since February *2018*, there's been no confirmed director of @ATFHQ during the ENTIRE Trump administration, nor Dep Director. And there's no Director or Dep Dir at @CBP, @USCIS, or @ICEgov —and an acting @FEMA Director, and no Asst Sec for Countering WMD, an acting head of public affairs, and no Chief Privacy Officer. Most of those roles have been vacant for months. More broadly, at DOJ, the #3 role has been vacant since February *2018*, there's been no confirmed director of @ATFHQ  during the ENTIRE Trump administration, nor Dep Director. And there's no Director or Dep Dir at @DEAHQ. At the Pentagon, there's no Sec of the Navy, no Chief Management Officer, no CIO, no CFO. And at State, there's no Under Sec for Public Diplomacy, no Asst Sec for Arms Control, no Asst Sec for Europe, no Asst Sec for South Asia, nor a Asst Sec for the Western Hemisphere.

2 hours ago, bananafish said:

More broadly, at DOJ, the #3 role has been vacant since February *2018*, there's been no confirmed director of @ATFHQ  during the ENTIRE Trump administration, nor Dep Director. And there's no Director or Dep Dir at @DEAHQ.

Seems redundant (the second time) ;) 

3 hours ago, msommer said:

Seems redundant (the second time) ;) 

Sorry, the Asst. Dir. Of Cut 'n Paste resigned in protest. We don't even have a nominee :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bananafish said:

Sorry, the Asst. Dir. Of Cut 'n Paste resigned in protest. We don't even have a nominee :ph34r:

I may have a nominee for a chief of typed out quote by hand with no link. 

Man, Dems need to really pound the issue that Donald isn't letting key people close to him testify. Even a high percentage of Republicans think he needs to do it. There needs to be constant reference to this during the campaign and Sleepy Joe needs to ask him to his face in the debate "What do you have to hide, Mr. Trump?"

Dems better not pee away the four years of material that the Don has handed them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Because it links to donations for the Democratic nominee, I assume this "Political Tribune" is a liberal site. But I would like to ask our South Carolina gbs to comment on the accuracy of this article claiming that Lindsey Graham is only leading in his Senate re-election bid by two points (with 10% undecided) and is underwater by 15 points in favorability ratings.

50 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

Man, Dems need to really pound the issue that Donald isn't letting key people close to him testify. Even a high percentage of Republicans think he needs to do it. There needs to be constant reference to this during the campaign and Sleepy Joe needs to ask him to his face in the debate "What do you have to hide, Mr. Trump?"

Dems better not pee away the four years of material that the Don has handed them.

Fortunately the debates are televised, so if they pee this away at least it will be on tape.  A pee tape, if you will.  

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Fortunately the debates are televised, so if they pee this away at least it will be on tape.  A pee tape, if you will.  

Is it pee tape? 

2 hours ago, roadkill1292 said:

Because it links to donations for the Democratic nominee, I assume this "Political Tribune" is a liberal site. But I would like to ask our South Carolina gbs to comment on the accuracy of this article claiming that Lindsey Graham is only leading in his Senate re-election bid by two points (with 10% undecided) and is underwater by 15 points in favorability ratings.

SC as a whole is pretty solidly red.  There are democrat areas - notably Clyburn from Columbia, but other districts have swung read in the past.  my district (the 5th) was formerly Mulvaney's post, but before 2011, the seat was held by John Spratt (D)  for 11 terms. 

I have been following Jamie Harrison as closely as I can and contribute money to his campaign every time Graham opens his mouth.  Harrison has run a pretty good social media campaign so far, but I haven't really seen a lot on the ground locally.

Letter from Trump to Pelosi re impeachment, in which he expresses "my strongest and most powerful protest against the partisan impeachment crusade."

It goes on for more than five pages and Trump excoriates Pelosi, saying that impeachment is "declaring open war on American Democracy" and “You have cheapened the importance of the very ugly word, impeachment!”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Letter-from-President-Trump-final.pdf

4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Letter from Trump to Pelosi re impeachment, in which he expresses "my strongest and most powerful protest against the partisan impeachment crusade."

It goes on for more than five pages and Trump excoriates Pelosi, saying that impeachment is "declaring open war on American Democracy" and “You have cheapened the importance of the very ugly word, impeachment!”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Letter-from-President-Trump-final.pdf

So not a love letter like he got from KJ?

Edited by sho nuff

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

Strongest AND most powerful.  Dang, he's serious.  

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

That letter is a tremendous example of how hard it is to take a client's thoughts and turn them into a professional sounding letter that he will sign.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

31 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

That letter is a tremendous example of how hard it is to take a client's thoughts and turn them into a professional sounding letter that he will sign.

I read just the first page, and they still didn't do a very good job at it.