Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

15 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

He really dictates the laws doesn't he. 

He's getting awfully close to being able to dictate which laws are followed and which aren't and how they're followed.

He may not have full control at this point or ever, but he should have no control.  His meddling is a serious threat to the foundations of our country.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If I am reading the statement of the DOJ correctly, these prosecutors misled the DOJ leadership on the guidance they were going to give.  That is a pretty serious, and, I believe criminal act.  

Edited by Sam Quentin
  • Laughing 2

12 minutes ago, Sam Quentin said:

If I am reading the statement of the DOJ correctly, these prosecutors misled the DOJ leadership on the guidance they were going to give.  That is a pretty serious, and, I believe criminal act.  

Of course. Of course. 

In 6 days since acquittal, Trump/WH have:

-Removed Vindman
-Removed Sondland
-Vowed payback/retribution
-Attacked judge in Roger Stone case
-Attacked DOJ prosecutors for Stone sentencing proposal
-Attacked FBI Director Wray
-Withdrawn Liu/McCusker nominations

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Sam Quentin said:

Can you cite the federal law against this behavior?

56 minutes ago, Sam Quentin said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible.

11:01 AM · Nov 8, 2013

5 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

It FEELS illegalish! 

57 minutes ago, Sam Quentin said:

If I am reading the statement of the DOJ correctly,

You’re not. Sentencing guidelines are straightforward and self-defining.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Elizabeth Warren:

"On a day when career prosecutors showed more backbone than almost every Republican senator standing up to this president, Americans ... are gravely concerned about the corruption of a Trump Justice Dept. that abandons the rule of law ... Roger Stone, I'm looking at you."

:yes:

:yawn:  Let me know when something is done about it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sheriff Bart said:

Check out your 401k friendo. 

The trains run on time and my 401k's doing fine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, adonis said:

The trains run on time and my 401k's doing fine.

The blushin' bride, she looks divine

The bridegroom he is doin' fine

I'd rather have his job than mine

When I'm cleanin' windows

• Like 1

The feeling of injustice.  As a white male guess this is just a taste of what many have always felt.

4 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

I honestly can’t speak to how corrupt this appears or is but it’s seems incredible to me that someone can’t look at this and at least question what has happened.  Four lawyers (I’m assuming career lawyers) don’t just do this unless there something deeply concerning going on.  @Henry Ford @Zow - am I wrong here?

No, you’re not wrong. 

1 hour ago, Sam Quentin said:

Wat 

Why Bill Barr’s DOJ replaced Catholic Charities with Hookers for Jesus

Why? Well, it turns out the head of the Catholic Charities affiliate had been active with Democrats and the Phoenix group had opposed President Trump’s immigration policies. By contrast, Hookers for Jesus is run by a Christian conservative and the Lincoln Tubman group was launched by a relative of a Trump delegate to the 2016 convention.

It's great how the POTUS only represents those who voted for blindly worship him. 

1 hour ago, The Z Machine said:

It’s clearly spelled out in Article XII of the Constitution. 

28 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Are we discussing the "national emergency or serious economic conditions affecting the general welfare” somewhere around here?  This is a couple of days old so I could have missed it.

This post is better suited for the Trump stock thread where everything is awesome when you're part of the Trump team. 

• Like 2

So according to Trump the military, legislative branch, justice department,  and the fbi/intelligence agencies are all corrupt.  He is the only one to believe.  Ha.  

This just seems like it has to be true.

When Reince Priebus was the White House chief of staff, President Donald Trump repeatedly asked him whether badgers, the state animal of Priebus' home state of Wisconsin, are mean to people, how they work, and how aggressive they can get.

After Trump was reminded that the short-legged omnivore was practically synonymous with the Badger State, he'd make a point of bringing it up at seemingly random occasions to his beleaguered chief of staff.

'Are they mean to people?' Trump at least twice asked Priebus in the opening months of his presidency. 'Or are they friendly creatures?' The president would also ask if Priebus had any photos of badgers he could show him, and if Priebus could carefully explain to him how badgers 'work' exactly.

He wanted Reince — resident White House badger historian, apparently — to explain to him Wisconsin's obsession with the animal, how the little critters function and behave, what kind of food they like, and how aggressive or deadly they could be when presented with perceived existential threats.

Trump also wanted to know if the badger had a 'personality' or if it was boring. What kind of damage could a badger to do a person with its flashy, sharp claws?

An obviously enthralled president would stare at Priebus as the aide struggled for sufficiently placating answers, all the while trying to gently veer the conversation back to whether we were going to do a troop surge in Afghanistan or strip millions of Americans of healthcare coverage.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

When Reince Priebus was the White House chief of staff, President Donald Trump repeatedly asked him whether badgers, the state animal of Priebus' home state of Wisconsin, are mean to people, how they work, and how aggressive they can get.

"Objection, you honor! Badgering the witness!!"

• Laughing 1

Cant pay attention to national security briefings....tell me all about Badgers.  Yeah, seems like it is probably true.  Sounds like my kids actually.

7 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

My family - all from Wisconsin - just got a big chuckle out of this.  Too crazy to be fake.

That sounds like dealing with a 5-year old.

8 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I'll say it again, Trump, or at least his body, has been taken over by aliens.  

8 hours ago, Dickies said:

Should have referred him to the badger channel

This anecdote is actually so similar to the gorilla channel joke that it feels like the simulation is glitching again.

Edited by IvanKaramazov

8 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

He was probably trying to decide if he wanted to hire one to be his next press secretary.  

• Laughing 1

Today, after 2 years with Fox News, Hope Hicks a 'friend to the President' rejoined the WH staff, reporting to Jared Kushner, trump's son-in-law. Nepotism.  Cronyism.  'Only the best people.'  Your tax dollars at work.  Worst. Administration. Ever.  And it's barely news. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zerp said:

Today, after 2 years with Fox News, Hope Hicks a 'friend to the President' rejoined the WH staff, reporting to Jared Kushner, trump's son-in-law. Nepotism.  Cronyism.  'Only the best people.'  Your tax dollars at work.  Worst. Administration. Ever.  And it's barely news. 

Google it, The news about Hicks is all over news sites.

11 minutes ago, Zerp said:

Hope Hicks is trending on Twitter at the moment. 

https://twitter.com/search?q="Hope Hicks"&src=tren

1 minute ago, That one guy said:

That’s the Republican Red Wave

Seems more like a faded rust to me.

6 hours ago, Zerp said:

Nepotism because she's "like a daughter" to him? She probably is the best person.

The point about tax dollars at work is a good one, though. She's reportedly coming back to help work on the campaign. Tax dollars aren't supposed to be used for that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

The point about tax dollars at work is a good one, though. She's reportedly coming back to help work on the campaign. Tax dollars aren't supposed to be used for that.

How is this legal????

9 hours ago, tonydead said:

White House Senior Adviser. HTH. 

Probably pays better than advising seniors with the same disabilities who are in nursing homes.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:42 AM, msommer said:

"Objection, you honor! Badgering the witness!!"

I strenuously object!

Sens. Merkley and Van Hollen have introduced new legislation that would require the Senate to consider evidence and hear from witnesses in future impeachment trials. It would ensure the rights of both sides to call relevant witnesses and intro evidence.  

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1228287773272137729

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Sens. Merkley and Van Hollen have introduced new legislation that would require the Senate to consider evidence and hear from witnesses in future impeachment trials. It would ensure the rights of both sides to call relevant witnesses and intro evidence.  

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1228287773272137729

This won't go anywhere, nor should it.