Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

On 2/13/2020 at 1:42 AM, msommer said:

"Objection, you honor! Badgering the witness!!"

I strenuously object!

Sens. Merkley and Van Hollen have introduced new legislation that would require the Senate to consider evidence and hear from witnesses in future impeachment trials. It would ensure the rights of both sides to call relevant witnesses and intro evidence.  

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1228287773272137729

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Sens. Merkley and Van Hollen have introduced new legislation that would require the Senate to consider evidence and hear from witnesses in future impeachment trials. It would ensure the rights of both sides to call relevant witnesses and intro evidence.  

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1228287773272137729

This won't go anywhere, nor should it.

To borrow from Milan Kundera, I wonder if history plays jokes? 

On 2/13/2020 at 10:53 AM, John Blutarsky said:

Google it, The news about Hicks is all over news sites.

THAT’s what you took away from the post?    

Trump bold face and blatantly lying again (Rudy to Ukraine) to the American public and it doesn't even move the needle in the slightest.  Un. F'ing. Real. 

18 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Trump bold face and blatantly lying again (Rudy to Ukraine) to the American public and it doesn't even move the needle in the slightest.  Un. F'ing. Real. 

My link

22 hours ago, The Commish said:

Agreed.  The senate should have called witnesses in this impeachment trial, but I think it's highly inappropriate to make that determination for future trials.  These should all be handled on a case-by-case basis.

Edited by IvanKaramazov

On 2/12/2020 at 3:37 AM, adonis said:

On 2/12/2020 at 3:37 AM, adonis said:

In 6 days since acquittal, Trump/WH have:

-Removed Vindman
-Removed Sondland
-Vowed payback/retribution
-Attacked judge in Roger Stone case
-Attacked DOJ prosecutors for Stone sentencing proposal
-Attacked FBI Director Wray
-Withdrawn Liu/McCusker nominations

The Trump led march to Ameristan continues

3 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:
On 2/14/2020 at 9:29 AM, The Commish said:

Agreed.  The senate should have called witnesses in this impeachment trial, but I think it's highly inappropriate to make that determination for future trials.  These should all be handled on a case-by-case basis.

And it drives me bonkers that the Dems seems completely unable to play the long game here.  They can't focus on anything other than the here and now and are 100% reactionary.  They are REALLY bad at this.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Commish said:

And it drives me bonkers that the Dems seems completely unable to play the long game here.  They can't focus on anything other than the here and now and are 100% reactionary.  They are REALLY bad at this.

That’s been one of Trumps greatest strengths. He somehow figured out having a couple controversies will destroy you but if you have a new controversy everyday, they all just become white noise. 

• Like 4

These are the 5 biggest bombshells from The New York Times' report on Trump's money and Deutsche Bank

With some of the this information, particularly: 

A Deutsche Bank study of Trump's finances found he was worth about $788 million, according to The Times. While the incorrect claim would typically disqualify a loan application, Deutsche Bank pushed forward and loaned Trump $640 million for the project.

And

Trump grossly overestimated the value of several assets to pad his net worth. Bankers found Trump's financial records claimed the property he bought in Westchester County for $7 million was then worth $291 million. After the bankers' full review, Deutsche Bank lowered Trump's asset values by as much as 70%, The Times reported.

Reaffirms the theory Trump has been completely underwater for years only kept afloat by Russian oligarch money laundered through Deutsche Bank. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

From CNN reporter Daniel Dale:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1229430315443216387

Trump told this to governors at the White House last week: "Believe it or not, a long time ago, I was told I have a great ear for music by somebody. I took a test. They said, 'He has a wonderful aptitude for music.' I said, 'I do?'"

:mellow:

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

Trump told this to governors at the White House last week: "Believe it or not, a long time ago, I was told I have a great ear for music by somebody. I took a test. They said, 'He has a wonderful aptitude for music.' I said, 'I do?'"

Stable musical genius

• Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, squistion said:

So True

• Laughing 1

Does giving all this power to the Executive branch hurt Democrats in the long run?

I assumed the Senate was going to be the biggest source of power for the Republicans for a while.

Just now, Daywalker said:

Does giving all this power to the Executive branch hurt Democrats in the long run?

It hurts Democrats in the sense that it hurts all Americans.

It helps Democrats to the extent that many Democrats may have authoritarian impulses too.

25 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

It hurts Democrats in the sense that it hurts all Americans.

It helps Democrats to the extent that many Democrats may have authoritarian impulses too.

I agree it hurts Americans.  But less so than letting one party run roughshod over the other.

It feels like this quote belongs here. 

A bad man will be proud all his life of one good deed-while an honest man is hardly aware of his good acts, but remembers a single sin for years on end. ~ Vasily Grossman 

Edited by Sheriff Bart
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

The CBO has determined that Trump’s deficits, if not curtailed, will require more borrowing relative to the GDP than fighting and winning WWII. By 2030. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Henry Ford said:

The CBO has determined that Trump’s deficits, if not curtailed, will require more borrowing relative to the GDP than fighting and winning WWII. By 2030. 

That's nothing that another round of tax cuts can't cure.

• Thinking 1

14 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

To be expected when we're spending on the military like it's WWIII, and cutting taxes like we're in a recession.

I'd like to see a graph comparing the CBO and Mnuchin GDP & deficit projections from 2017. 

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

1 hour ago, roadkill1292 said:

That's nothing that another round of tax cuts can't cure.

1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

To be expected when we're spending on the military like it's WWIII, and cutting taxes like we're in a recession.

I'd like to see a graph comparing the CBO and Mnuchin GDP & deficit projections from 2017. 

You guys don't understand economics the way a guy who has bankrupted half a dozen businesses does. 

this guy isn't draining the swamp...he's filling it up as fast as he can.  The more corrupt you are the easier your life is going to be with Trump in charge

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Sigh. Guess we'll have to cancel social security and medicare. For the good of the country. Nothing could be done. 

Trump gets re-elected they are coming for SS and Medicare. Promise. He's said as much. His current budget says as much.  

All part of the plan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing says "we're open for business!!" like commuting Rod Blagojevich's sentence

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, msommer said:

Nothing says "we're open for business!!" like commuting Rod Blagojevich's sentence

Trump is deeply concerned with corruption

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

This shouldn't be news given the KNOWN projections from CBO on the tax bill were trillion dollar deficits ASSUMING 3%+ GDP and we haven't sniffed 3% during his tenure.  But, hey, the stock market if booming baby!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Here's a chart.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joffer said:
2 hours ago, msommer said:

And the "deep state" democrats.

4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Are you sure they are factoring in those phat Tariff checks from China? 

• Laughing 2

22 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Are you sure they are factoring in those phat Tariff checks from China? 

lol  If there were a real thing and not fantasy there would be a 99.657894% chance they would be deposited into the king's personal bank account.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, joffer said:

Yeah, concerned he's going to get carpal tunnel signing all the pardons.  

Fun Fact:

For the first time since Nov 7, 2007, Illinois does NOT have a former governor in prison.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

I mean we know they're hypocrits but aren't they supposed to at least maintain the illusion? 

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said Wednesday night that the Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to deficits, according to audio of an overseas speech obtained by The Washington Post.

“My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we’re a lot less interested as a party,” Mulvaney said at the Oxford Union to a group of several hundred people.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

I mean we know they're hypocrits but aren't they supposed to at least maintain the illusion? 

Acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney said Wednesday night that the Republican Party is hypocritical when it comes to deficits, according to audio of an overseas speech obtained by The Washington Post.

“My party is very interested in deficits when there is a Democrat in the White House. The worst thing in the whole world is deficits when Barack Obama was the president. Then Donald Trump became president, and we’re a lot less interested as a party,” Mulvaney said at the Oxford Union to a group of several hundred people.

He's spot on.  I don't believe that either side truly gives a crap about deficit or will ever do anything about it.  Just a talking point for when they're the minority.  

I supported Fiscal Hawk Paul Ryan for all his deficit concerns, but then when given the opportunity to try and do something about it he ducked out like a coward.  

Edited by beef

3 minutes ago, beef said:

He's spot on.  I don't believe that either side truly gives a crap about deficit or will ever do anything about it.  Just a talking point for when they're the minority.  

I supported Fiscal Hawk Paul Ryan for all his deficit concerns, but then when given the opportunity to try and do something about it he ducked out like a coward.  

I amazed you can both sides this in light of the actions Trump has taken but there it is. Both sides my friends. We can all wash our hands and move on about our day. 

Fiscal Hawk Paul Ryan didn't duck out. He poured gas on the building and lit it on fire. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, beef said:

I think there are members of Congress that genuinely want to see the debt and deficit reduced. They just know you can’t do anything about it and get re-elected.  It’s a sad state of affairs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Except Greenland.

Well, If Trump owned it, he'd sell it too

5 minutes ago, Sweet J said:

This guy is a piece of work

Pretend you don’t know who David Duke is, fine. Fire the FBI Director to take pressure off of his own Russian scandal- nbd. Make fun of an instantly classic piece of cinema? That’s where I’m drawing the line!

• Love 1