What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As POTUS, who would win a fist fight: Ronald Reagan or LBJ?
I'll take LBJ, who was well known for using his size to his advantage to physically intimidate those he was dealing with. LBJ was known for invading personal space when having conversations, and also regularly speaking with staffers while on the toilet, or swimming nude.

The reported 18 holes of golf, however, directly contradicts how White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders described Trump's visit to the golf course during a briefing with reporters on Sunday.

"I know he played a couple of holes this morning but I am not going to disclose any of the others that were there," Sanders said, adding that Trump also "played a couple" on Saturday, as well.

Confronted by McIlroy's comments about playing 18 holes with the President, Sanders said the President "intended to play a few holes and decided to play longer."

WTF decides to play a "few holes"?

:lol:

ETA - shot "around 80"

Last edited by a moderator:
LBJ would just start swinging his hogleg around like a damn shillelagh.
Johnson was obsessed with his johnson. He'd whip it out in the Congressional bathroom while talking about legislation, and ask the other Congressman he was trying to persuade if he'd ever seen one that big. Also demanded a jet be installed in his WH residence shower that shot a stream of water at his johnson.

If none of that is true, I blame the internet. I don't know if it's true, I was told that.

Here, let me help

West Palm Beach (CNN)President Donald Trump has made visiting his Florida golf courses a near every-weekend habit in the first month of his administration, and his aides are trying to obscure whether Trump is actually golfing during the visits.
One possible reason: Trump was a frequent and vocal critic of President Barack Obama's golf habit, regularly slamming the former president for playing golf with many pressing issues before the country. Trump even suggested during a 2016 event in Virginia, in a knock on Obama, that if elected he was "not going to have time to go play golf."

This goes back to Dubya feeling too guilty about playing golf when we are shipping boys back body bags.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/13/AR2008051302783.html

President Trump is the best golfer ever to become PotUS, right? I know the stories - and they're consistent, from anyone plays with him and talks - but apparently he's halfway decent

He'll probably play more rounds on a % basis than anyone since Eisenhower (800 rounds 8 years.) TIL Woodrow Wilson holds the title at 1200. Doubt President Trump will have enough time in service to challenge that, but 150 rounds per year seems doable. 

This goes back to Dubya feeling too guilty about playing golf when we are shipping boys back body bags.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/13/AR2008051302783.html

President Trump is the best golfer ever to become PotUS, right? I know the stories - and they're consistent, from anyone plays with him and talks - but apparently he's halfway decent

He'll probably play more rounds on a % basis than anyone since Eisenhower (800 rounds 8 years.) TIL Woodrow Wilson holds the title at 1200. Doubt President Trump will have enough time in service to challenge that, but 150 rounds per year seems doable.
Two ways to look at a president golfing:

- The ship is underway, well manned, and under control.

Or.

- He's escaping.

Now golf is the latest outrage? :lmao:
If it helps you any I got in a heated argument Saturday night with my liberal family about how I don't care if Trump plays golf.  I didn't care when Obama or Bush did either, but depending on what side of the aisle you fall on it always seems like an easy criticism.

He is in a panel discussion, not individually speaking and I imagine this would be for some sort of balance (or at least I would hope so).
My old theory is that people can go so far right they end up on the left, and people can go so far left they end up on the right.

Schultz is talking trade. And Trump was pitching to Sanders voters constantly. The fulcrum for both right and left being trade and fear of who is behind it.

This point was made in the 4Chan/Pepe article further up, but a new rubric appears to be 'globalism' vs 'anti-globalism'. And of course like the abortion debate choosing the name of the 'sides' in the debate seems really important. 'Globalism' carries a lot of very old freight for the far right for sure.

- eta - I don't consider myself a 'globalist' - I'm free trade and 100% small-d democratic - but I'm sure the people at that CPAC session would throw me in the globalist pile.

eta2 - If you look at that panel everyone I bet is 'anti-globalist', including Schultz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread