What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one knows. This has been asked numerous times and we still don't have a clue. Aaron R. has twice said, something to the effect of, "Yes it is listed as a rule but it was never meant to be an official policy." (?) Which begs the question why is it still listed in the pinned FAQs if it isn't a rule or a forum policy? It either is a rule or is isn't. If it is, enforce it. If it isn't, then eliminate from the FAQs.
So, Aaron already gave you an answer.  You just didn't get what you wanted so you keep pushing the issue and call him out publicly about it?

No one knows. This has been asked numerous times and we still don't have a clue. Aaron R. has twice said, something to the effect of, "Yes it is listed as a rule but it was never meant to be an official policy." (?) Which begs the question why is it still listed in the pinned FAQs if it isn't a rule or a forum policy? It either is a rule or is isn't. If it is, enforce it. If it isn't, then eliminate from the FAQs.
Who cares?

Who cares?
I am tired of arguing with someone who uses two to three different aliases on the same page quite often with a tag team response and you don't have any idea who you are talking to or how many of them are just extensions or aliases of one personality.

Again, either change the FAQ re alias accounts or ban them per the FAQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, who cares if it's 1, 2, or 30 different people?  You have an opinion, if 30 people have a differing one it isn't going to make their opinion better than it is. 

It's not like FFF or Flavved or BeaverCleaver is a particularly convincing or interesting personality.  There isn't one of them that's even slightly good at arguing a point.  It's like fighting 10 little people instead of 1.  At least you don't feel as bad when you have to really wind up and smack one. 

I am tired of arguing with someone who uses two to three different aliases on the same page quite often with a tag team response and you don't have any idea who you are talking to or how many of them are just extensions or aliases of one personality.

Again, either change the FAQ re alias accounts or ban them per the FAQ.
Dude...just slap them on ignore.  Why keep arguing with him/them.

Guys who do nothing but insult you?

Trump should be going to Camp David. That's what it's there for. It would save the taxpayer tons of money, and Trump, like Obama and every previous President, could play his golf at the military golf courses in the area.

But of course if he did this he wouldn't be able to charge the taxpayers for Mar A Lago...

Trump should be going to Camp David. That's what it's there for. It would save the taxpayer tons of money, and Trump, like Obama and every previous President, could play his golf at the military golf courses in the area.

But of course if he did this he wouldn't be able to charge the taxpayers for Mar A Lago...
The President cannot have conflicts of interest 

Pres gets to go where he wants. It's one of the perks. Whether it's Mar-a-lago or Camp David or Crawford Ranch or Kennebunkport, I really don't have any problem with the Pres being able to spend time at a weekend retreat.  It's a stressful enough job as it is - let the guy spend some weekends where he's comfortable and can relax a bit. 

Pres gets to go where he wants. It's one of the perks. Whether it's Mar-a-lago or Camp David or Crawford Ranch or Kennebunkport, I really don't have any problem with the Pres being able to spend time at a weekend retreat.  It's a stressful enough job as it is - let the guy spend some weekends where he's comfortable and can relax a bit. 
It's not a huge deal... but look, we did pay for this already. We (the taxpayer) have spent hundreds of millions of dollars making Camp David and a few other places secure. Why should we have to pay again for the same thing at Mar A Lago?

Do you have a problem with the President profiting from it?

Do you have a problem with the President profiting from it?
Possibly but not categorically. I'd be interested in the details of how much Mar-a-lago is collecting from the U.S. government.  Are they paying more than the going rate or less?

Last edited by a moderator:
Horowitz is making the same flawed arguments that anti-immigrant people make here. There is no evidence that shows correlation between immigration and violence- including undocumented immigrants. Trump during his campaign relied on anecdotes and ignored statistics. This guy is doing the same.

tone, the FAQ says nothing about alias accounts being illegal. It says they're a pain. Also that post was written almost 10 years ago. The board is different now and the moderator who wrote that isn't the moderator anymore. It's still there because nobody cares enough to change it. You're the only person who (mis)reads it as gospel. Nobody else cares including the site owners. Stop being annoying.

Space in Trump Tower too.
Again, I'd need to see the details. Let's say Trump didn't own the building that FLOTUS lived in. The government would have to pay for space to house the security detail right?  So unless Trump is charging in excess of the going rate, his ownership of the building is irrelevant to the cost borne by the government. 

So what are we going to do about this irrational fear of undocumented immigrants and Muslims? People like Don Lemon can cite evidence all they want and a good chunk of the public simply doesn't believe it. I'm not sure how we fight this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread