What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many little people do you think you could take in a fight? No weapons. 
Depends. Technically, anyone up to 4'10" tall is a little person. Fully depends on their training, at that size. 

If every one is a Verne Troyer, I'd go with dozens.

In a very real sense, 8 years ago the Tea Party emerged and shouted, "America, this is wrong, and this is wrong and this is wrong! We need to throw the bums out and fix everything!" 

And America finally listened and said "OK. We agree that stuff is wrong; so we're putting you in charge. We'll give you guys the President you want. We'll give you a Senate and House that goes along with you. We'll even throw in a majority of state legislatures and governors. The ball is in your court. Solve things for us." 

And now? 
They'll start doing tons of stuff once Donald gets out of the way and Pence is in power.

Trump hits new low in Rasmussen poll

Just 50% of likely voters with landlines approve of Trump's job performance. That's gotta hurt. Rasmussen was the last remaining polling service that still had Trump above 50%.

I also thought this part was interesting:

That's gotta be a huge part of his base, no?
A polling breakdown:

- Down to 63% of folks who look out their windows and complain about their neighbors.
- Still holding steady at 74% among those who tell the kids to get off their lawns
- Barely hanging on at 11% among those who have heard of Snapchat.
- And climbing with those who have more than 4 cats from 48% up to 53%

In a very real sense, 8 years ago the Tea Party emerged and shouted, "America, this is wrong, and this is wrong and this is wrong! We need to throw the bums out and fix everything!" 

And America finally listened and said "OK. We agree that stuff is wrong; so we're putting you in charge. We'll give you guys the President you want. We'll give you a Senate and House that goes along with you. We'll even throw in a majority of state legislatures and governors. The ball is in your court. Solve things for us." 

And now? 
They'll start doing tons of stuff once Donald gets out of the way and Pence is in power.

I disagree. For example, Trump was obsessed with HRC being a criminal and should be in jail. He was very consistent with that. He was also very consistent with BO not being a citizen. It's pretty clear he did not believe those things. 
He has said things that contradict his previous stances about Hillary going to jail, and about BO and birth certificate.  He was consistent until he was not.

With Russia, he's ALWAYS been consistent.

Awesome that this seems to be your metric for supporting trump.
Ummm no. Don't try to pull that. This was actually the left's metric and expectation of Trump. Conservatives are just trying to figure out why we're not in a nuclear winter yet like liberals have said for the past year now.

The republicans have a significant edge in the House, and the 2018 elections are incredibly unfavorable for Democrats.  They're likely to keep their advantage.  Tell me again how having all 3 branches makes pushing their legislative agenda difficult?
To be fair, he does have a lot of opposition in The Constitution and some in the Judiciary, too.
The Truth and Math also seem to be showing their liberal bias in standing up in opposition to him.  

Depends. Technically, anyone up to 4'10" tall is a little person. Fully depends on their training, at that size. 

If every one is a Verne Troyer, I'd go with dozens.
For consistency, let's say they're all Verne Troyer clones. You could take out 30 of those guys if they all bumrush you? Their Trump size hands would pull you down and swarm you. 

Sounds like fake news.  ;)

We don't know the exact details.  But they are following the law and applicable guidelines in renting rooms.  The secret service budget is enormous no matter who is POTUS. 
You are correct. We do not know the details. That' why there are questions about conflicts of interest, ethics, and other speculation. 

We SHOULD know the details to answer theabove and any other concerns. 

He has said things that contradict his previous stances about Hillary going to jail, and about BO and birth certificate.  He was consistent until he was not.

I guess he will consistent with Russia until he is not? My point is Trump has shown over his life and recent political run to be a person that can deliver a consistent message and then when it is no longer useful for him he will walk away from that message. The only thing so far that we really can for sure say he was being honest about was wanting to make large changes to immigration. 

For consistency, let's say they're all Verne Troyer clones. You could take out 30 of those guys if they all bumrush you? Their Trump size hands would pull you down and swarm you. 
That's the thing - due to his size limitations, Verne Troyer can't bumrush you.  His dwarfism causes him to be unable to run.  He needs a scooter to get around with any real speed at all.

Ummm no. Don't try to pull that. This was actually the left's metric and expectation of Trump. Conservatives are just trying to figure out why we're not in a nuclear winter yet like liberals have said for the past year now.
Wait, isn't that his plan to combat global warming?  I though that was his plan to combat global warming.

I guess he will consistent with Russia until he is not? My point is Trump has shown over his life and recent political run to be a person that can deliver a consistent message and then when it is no longer useful for him he will walk away from that message. The only thing so far that we really can for sure say he was being honest about was wanting to make large changes to immigration. 
Yes, he's willing to lie to get votes and attention.

However, it should be telling that while he's walked back some pretty terrible lies and falsehoods (BO birth certificate being the main one), and has been willing to talk negatively about every country on earth, except for Russia.

You can wait for him to break his record if you want, but the mere fact that he's gone on this long should be telling, even if tomorrow he says something slightly negative about Putin.  

For a party that went ape-#### about how Michelle Obama said that this was the first time she was proud of the country, it's the height of hypocrisy to not hold Donald Trump to account for saying of the US, in response to a question about Putin being a killer, "There are a lot of killers.  You think our country's so innocent?"

He's been consistent, and he's willing to trash the US in order to avoid criticising Putin...that's just Odd...troubling...unless you're a trumpist in which case "He's so right isn't he?"

I think one thing that happened in this election is it became clear that people who identify as 'evangelical' aren't really necessarily evangelical, but are identifying as white & Christian (even if not religiously adherent).
Yeah, I don't think most true evangelicals support multiple divorces, infidelity, banning war refugees, etc.

But it's easy to say "I'm an evangelical," I guess.

Reg:

That's gotta be a huge part of his base, no?
The Rasmussen tracking poll was created in 2003 by a Republican guy who was tired of seeing Bush's low approval numbers. He decided to start a new poll that only polled "Likely Voters" (i.e., older people) who owned landlines (i.e., older people). Then, he further skewed the poll by creating an "Index" that only counted people who "Strongly Approved" or "Strongly Disapproved". Guess what? Older people are more likely to strongly believe something! It pretty much guaranteed that Bush would have positive numbers (and it also increased the likelihood that a Democrat would have negative numbers).

Trump has broken their poll, though. They might have to re-design it to only include voters who profess "Undying Loyalty" to their opinions.

However, it should be telling that while he's walked back some pretty terrible lies and falsehoods (BO birth certificate being the main one), and has been willing to talk negatively about every country on earth, except for Russia.

You can wait for him to break his record if you want, but the mere fact that he's gone on this long should be telling, even if tomorrow he says something slightly negative about Putin.  

For a party that went ape-#### about how Michelle Obama said that this was the first time she was proud of the country, it's the height of hypocrisy to not hold Donald Trump to account for saying of the US, in response to a question about Putin being a killer, "There are a lot of killers.  You think our country's so innocent?"

He's been consistent, and he's willing to trash the US in order to avoid criticising Putin...that's just Odd...troubling...unless you're a trumpist in which case "He's so right isn't he?"
It's troubling putting together a thorough list of all the offensive things Trump has said. Things that had they been uttered by a Democrat the Republicans would go absolutely bonkers over. The Republicans who have long since held Reagan up as their model have no problem at all with how Trump is bending over for Putin. It makes no sense at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't think most true evangelicals support multiple divorces, infidelity, banning war refugees, etc.

But it's easy to say "I'm an evangelical," I guess.
So you assume that people just checked box "evangelical" when they aren't - and that's why a bunch of evangelicals voted for Trump? As opposed to assuming that the evangelicals who voted for Trump are just hypocrites?

I don't know if you are right or wrong - just asking the question. Maybe its some of column A and some of column B.

10 hours ago, timschochet said:

New Trump immigration proposal: deport anyone caught without documents from the Mexican border to Mexico, regardless of their nationality. 

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-plan-deport-anyone-crossing-mexican-border-regardless-of-nationality
This is insane. 
Rebecca Ballhaus@rebeccaballhaus 18m18 minutes ago

Almost everybody living in the U.S. illegally is now subject to deportation, under new DHS memos

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-tightens-deportation-detention-rules-1487693476 … per @laurameckler

For all you who don't like Donald now all you need is patience because you're going to love him, love him. But you have to have some patience, can't fix everything at once , patience. You're going to love him , I'm telling you , love him. Believe me , just some patience. Everything is going to get fixed.

You're going to be so embarrassed you voted for Clinton . You are going to love Trump

It's no different than sports fans. As long as its your team winning you don't care how it's done, or who is on your team.
Yeah good analogy though I'd like to believe that as a Packers fan if Aaron Rodgers did something that I had spent years criticizing I wouldn't just pretend he didn't say it or blatantly support everything I've stood against for years. 

Not saying Trump should be compared to Rodgers just so we're clear. 

I just have to approach DJT with "ignore the talk and judge the actions". It's impossible to decipher what he is saying or why. 

Rebecca Ballhaus@rebeccaballhaus 18m18 minutes ago

Almost everybody living in the U.S. illegally is now subject to deportation, under new DHS memos

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-tightens-deportation-detention-rules-1487693476 … per @laurameckler
But the administration is retaining the DREAM deportation restrictions.  Which is very good in my opinion.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-border-idUSKBN1601XE?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

That is fine is long as ICE doesn't do an end run around it by claiming Dreamers are gang members, like with the case last week where the guy who arrested after sleeping on his father's couch (and followed, then apparently, with a clumsily erased part of a written statement he made in jail saying was not a gang member, to make it appear to say that he was. http://q13fox.com/2017/02/16/document-shows-key-piece-of-evidence-in-dreamer-daniel-ramirez-medina-case-might-have-been-erased-ice-daca/

I just have to approach DJT with "ignore the talk and judge the actions". It's impossible to decipher what he is saying or why. 
Why would you do that when he has been very consistent in following through on the talk with actions?

I mean sure he hasn't jailed HRC, but that was always something out of his power...but his campaign promises?  Pretty consistent.

I see it different than you in this way:  The Trumpkins are hooked to the gills.  Serious crimes are meaningless to them.  They will never, ever turn on him.  Since the House districts are so polarized, the current Republican House members will always be re-elected since their constituents will never expect them to be hostile to Trump.  In fact, their constituents may turn on the House Republicans if they DO become hostile to Trump.  So not only do they have permission to ignore Trump's crimes, but they are obligated to ignore them.
Depends on how bad it is. 

Let's not forget, just a few days ago Conservatives were cheering on their new hero Milo for going on Bill Maher and destroying all those silly libs.

And a few days later, he's uninvited from CPAC, lost his book deal, and Conservatives are acting like they never heard of the guy.

It will take a lot for sure, but once it happens it happens quick.
Let's not forget UC Berkeley.  Conservatives were demanding the college be shut down because they violated Milo's freedom of speech by cancelling his show amidst protests.

Also, I still think Trump is due for a significant uptick in support.  Toward the end of the campaign he shut down his tweeting for a period of several weeks and ended up winning, largely because he stayed out of the media with new scandals and let the press and Comey trash Hillary (yes, other stuff happened too, but Trump laid low).

Imagine his presidency at this point WITHOUT his tweets.  How bad would it be?  How bad would it be if he wasn't always railing on the press?  I dare say, it'd be bad, but nowhere near what we have now.

So all it would take for a significant boost to take place in his ratings and favorability numbers would be for him to stop with the harsh rhetoric for a bit, lay off of twitter other than pre-approved messages, and I bet his numbers would bump up by at least 10-20%.

Interesting factoid:

The Last Word@TheLastWord 1h1 hour ago

Trump always calls out Chicago for its crime,

but city closest to Mar-a-Lago has the same crime rate

http://on.msnbc.com/2m8lVFH

Chicago is the poster city for violent crime to President Trump, but he's got some mean streets right in his Florida backyard.

The city of West Palm Beach, which sits just across the Intracoastal Waterway from Trump's palatial Mar-a-Lago Resort — aka the Winter White House — on exclusive Palm Beach, had a violent crime rate in 2015 that was equal to that of the Windy City, according to federal crime records.

There were 23 homicides in a city of just 104,919 residents. And the rate of violent crime, which also includes rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults, was 9 for every 1,000 residents — the same as the far bigger Chicago, records show.

But what do you guys think:

How different would the perception about Trump's presidency be if he had not made any tweets since becoming president?

Let's not forget UC Berkeley.  Conservatives were demanding the college be shut down because they violated Milo's freedom of speech by cancelling his show amidst protests.
And in a tweet Trump suggested that federal funding for Berkeley be cut:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-uc-berkeley-milo-yiannopoulos-234530

“If U.C. Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view - NO FEDERAL FUNDS?” Trump wrote on Twitter on Thursday morning.

So you assume that people just checked box "evangelical" when they aren't - and that's why a bunch of evangelicals voted for Trump? As opposed to assuming that the evangelicals who voted for Trump are just hypocrites?

I don't know if you are right or wrong - just asking the question. Maybe its some of column A and some of column B.
Probably both, but more of Column A, IMO.  Just like with any segment of society, I'm certain there is a percentage of True Evangelicals that is hypocritical when it suits them.  I don't think 25% of our population are "True Evangelicals" but rather self-identify as such. 

Why would you do that when he has been very consistent in following through on the talk with actions?

I mean sure he hasn't jailed HRC, but that was always something out of his power...but his campaign promises?  Pretty consistent.
He campaigned on a lot of things. He hasn't been POTUS long enough to touch all his main campaign points. He always stayed consistent that Immigration was a major focus for him. He's never been consistent with the details. He is following through on it though. He hasn't really addressed the infrastructure plan, ACA is still alive, hasn't drained the swamp, etc. I think it's waaay to early to make judgements on what Trump is really planning. I definitely don't think the way to learn about his actual motives are through his words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread