Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

7 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

These are people who thought it wise to pull a lever for Donald Drumpf; adjust expectations accordingly.

Well yeah. As mentioned upthread, just as productive and far more entertaining to point and laugh, and start working now to mitigate the damage and fix this abortion next cycle.

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

In this actual reality...not the alternate one some of you live in.

Let me tell you something pendejo , for 16 yearend especially the last 8 the people haven't heard the straight story from the media.

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Kellyanne Conway actually said that Spicer offered "alternative facts". She actually used that phrase. I'm still trying to believe it. 

She couldn't stay in character after she said it.  Finally saw a spark of humanity from her. 

1 minute ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Yeah, they're going to be thrilled when they realize that their job at the widget factory still isn't coming back, and they lose their health coverage. Dumb people need to learn things the hard way all the time -- it would be nice if you could do so in a way that doesn't screw things up for the rest of us, though.

On the bright side, you'll be able to watch 'Muricans kicking some Middle Eastern a$$ again on Faux News at night as your enjoying your Schlitz in your double wide at night. So there's that.

Keep the blinders on, we welcome all the voters that weren't thrilled with the last 8 years of a President picking partisan fights and getting nowhere and aren't bigots like you. As views like yours have pushed the House, Senate, and Presidency all to one party hopefully we can get out of neutral. Keep up the hate!

9 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Where have you been for the past 16 years 

16 years?  Have you ever read any of Noam Chomsky's work?  He's a loon...I'm a loon...but its still an interesting read imo. ;) 

6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Kellyanne Conway actually said that Spicer offered "alternative facts". She actually used that phrase. I'm still trying to believe it. 

I think she very quickly realized it was a mistake, as she avoided using it again, even when asked directly about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

16 years?  Have you ever read any of Noam Chomsky's work?  He's a loon...I'm a loon...but its still an interesting read imo. ;) 

He's not my cup of tea but he has a point here

Noam Chomsky: American Foreign Policy Has a Long, Ugly History of Election-Rigging

Photo Credit: Andrew Rusk / Flickr

After Donald Trump's vertigo-inducing election to the presidency, many members of the liberal media establishment have been quick to finger Vladimir Putin and the Kremlin for infiltrating our democratic institutions. Noam Chomsky believes the rest of the world must be "astonished" if not "collapsing in laughter."

Since the end of the second World War, America has had its thumb on the scales of elections across the planet, from South Korea and Indochina to Greece and Italy, Australia and South America. In a revealing new interview with Truthout, the philosopher and political scientist reveals just how nefarious American interventionism has proven over the last 70 years:

"The history of US foreign policy... is pretty much defined by the subversion and overthrow of foreign regimes, including parliamentary regimes, and the resort to violence to destroy popular organizations that might offer the majority of the population an opportunity to enter the political arena."

The United States infamously enlisted German scientists to combat the Soviets in Operation Paperclip, but government officials have cooperated with fascists and Nazi sympathizers on any number of occasions. "Following the Second World War, the United States was committed to restoring the traditional conservative order," Chomsky says. "To achieve this aim, it was necessary to destroy the anti-fascist resistance... to weaken unions and other popular organizations." 

This often meant marginalizing and even destroying Communist parties throughout Western Europe.

"[In 1947], the US pressured political leaders in France and Italy to form coalition governments excluding the communists. It was made clear and explicit that aid was contingent on preventing an open political competition, in which left and labor might dominate."

As Chomsky tells it, these moves were all part of a larger scheme to consolidate business and reify a capitalist world order. In France, for instance, "the postwar destitution was exploited to undermine the French labor movement, along with direct violence. Desperately needed food supplies were withheld to coerce obedience, and gangsters were organized to provide goon squads and strike breakers, a matter that is described with some pride in semi-official US labor histories."

Perhaps most cynical is that these kinds of covert actions have traditionally been justified as measures preserving a freedom of choice. 

"The democratic idea, at home and abroad, is simple and straightforward," Chomsky ruefully observes. "You are free to do what you want, as long as it is what we want you to do."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bayhawks said:

9 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I think she very quickly realized it was a mistake, as she avoided using it again, even when asked directly about it. 

Unfortunately for her,  #alternative facts, is now a thing...with a life and legs of its own.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Unfortunately for her,  #alternative facts, is now a thing...with a life and legs of its own.

I suspect as part of their education overall there will be books on alternative facts in every classroom

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Keep the blinders on, we welcome all the voters that weren't thrilled with the last 8 years of a President picking partisan fights and getting nowhere and aren't bigots like you. As views like yours have pushed the House, Senate, and Presidency all to one party hopefully we can get out of neutral. Keep up the hate!

This is the mindset we are dealing with, folks. Just utterly ignorant of the actual facts. You must have missed that the Democrats won the popular vote by 3 million in the Presidential election and 6more than 6 million total in the Senate races.

A horrible candidate ran a horrible Presidential campaign and lost. No more, no less.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coeur de Lion said:

This is the mindset we are dealing with, folks. Just utterly ignorant of the actual facts. You must have missed that the Democrats won the popular vote by 3 million in the Presidential election and 6more than 6 million total in the Senate races.

A horrible candidate ran a horrible Presidential campaign and lost. No more, no less.

Nice pop vote reference, what is the trend from the 2012 election? Yeah things are looking up for you. :lmao:

That horrible candidate was a perfect representation of people like you I guess. Enjoy the ride,keep spreading the hate the should help!

Edited by GoBirds

She also warned that if these sorts of questions about falsehoods continued the Trump Administration was going to have to "rethink their relationship with the press." 

In other words, ask friendly questions or else! 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Nice pop vote reference, what is the trend from the 2012 election? Yeah things are looking up for you. :lmao:

That horrible candidate was a perfect representation of people like you I guess. Enjoy the ride,keep spreading the hate the should help!

A trend between 2 elections? You are a statistics whiz aren't you?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I am not using Hillary to blame anything on.  I am using Hillary to illustrate hypocrisy and to suggest perhaps the left would be more effective to tone down the rhetoric and focus on issues that matter.   All that comes across in these threads is a bunch of sore losers who want to dehumanize people who voted for Trump.  Trump is a clown who shows insecurity and ego about the crowd size.  But it is dumb to seriously suggest it is North Korean-like and that Trump supporters would randomly kill people if Trump suggested it.  Dial back the rhetoric and do a little self-evaluation of the clown you put out there.  

It's not about being sore losers.  It's about an authoritarian guy with an authoritarian personality who didn't even wait one day to start doing authoritarian stuff straight out of page 1 of the authoritarian playbook.

Let's see.  The only way he can lose an election is if it is rigged, and to find out if it is rigged you have to come to him because you shouldn't listen to the media or our intelligence agencies.  It's not hard to connect the dots here.

As to the last sentence.  Well, Trump himself said that he could literally murder someone right in front of his followers and none of them would care.

• Like 1

Some of you don't seem to understand the difference between not suffering fools and hate. You struggle to understand lots of differences, actually. And it's really freaking weird.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, killface said:

A trend between 2 elections? You are a statistics whiz aren't you?

Doesn't take one to see how bad your party has failed. Nice zing though, so impressive. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Doesn't take one to see how bad your party has failed. Nice zing though, so impressive. 

Yup...trump supporters.

10 minutes ago, Coeur de Lion said:

A horrible candidate  No more, no less.

The sitting president  said   Hillary is most qualified presidential candidate in history

• Like 1

Just now, HellToupee said:

The sitting president  said   Hillary is most qualified presidential candidate in history

She was certainly one of them. Unfortunately, being President and running for President are two entirely different things.

• Like 4

Just now, massraider said:

Spicer has a fun couple years ahead of him.

What a disaster of a day. Trump is behaving like a five year old.

I have a feeling the turnover in that position is going to be comical.

• Like 2

I am sure the intelligence community really appreciates trump moving the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Everyone there just became substantially more likely to be attacked, really making friends that guy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Based on her resume, she was hugely qualified for the actual office. She was a horrible candidate, particularly given the political climate this year.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Some of you don't seem to understand the difference between not suffering fools and hate. You struggle to understand lots of differences, actually. And it's really freaking weird.

Oh we definitely understand the concept of suffering fools.

5 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

She was certainly one of them. Unfortunately, being President and running for President are two entirely different things.

still think the Dems blew it big time in '08 - Hilary would've trounced McCain, snagged a second term, and now we'd be looking at Obama's first term (here in '16/'17) .... they could've locked it down for a hell of a loooooong time.

btw, she was way more qualified than Obama back in '08, as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Do you approve of the way Trump deals with the media?

You can't reference Obama, Hillary, MSM or Emails in your answer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mr roboto said:

BENGAZI!!!!!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

still think the Dems blew it big time in '08 - Hilary would've trounced McCain, snagged a second term, and now we'd be looking at Obama's first term (here in '16/'17) .... they could've locked it down for a hell of a loooooong time.

btw, she was way more qualified than Obama back in '08, as well. 

This is probably true. 

Hey I'm proud I voted for Hillary, I like her, wish she was President, happy to defend her. 

But enough already! She's done, she's not here! Your guy won. Time to stop talking about her. 

A man who was described as “visibly deranged” eluded the Secret Service on Saturday and gave a five-minute press conference at the White House.

The man, who somehow obtained White House credentials in order to bypass security, unloaded a delusional and paranoid rant that left a room full of experienced reporters shaken.

“We were all very, very scared,” Tracy Klugian, a reporter who witnessed the incident, said. “The things he was shouting made absolutely no sense, and he seemed to just get angrier and angrier.”

After a stream-of-consciousness tirade in which he accused the reporters of being part of a far-reaching conspiracy to distort reality, the man abruptly walked off “before he could do any real harm,” a Secret Service spokesman said.

Reporters who left the White House called the incident the scariest five minutes of their lives and said that they were grateful it did not escalate further.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

I don't like his thin skin or temperament. That said the media is a complete joke in the way it tries to discredit everything possible about him. Anyone without the liberal blinders on sees through it. 

1 minute ago, jonessed said:

Why didn't they just leave? 

The piece was a joke about spicers news conference if one would actually go to the link.

Just now, GoBirds said:

I don't like his thin skin or temperament. That said the media is a complete joke in the way it tries to discredit everything possible about him. Anyone without the liberal blinders on sees through it. 

Thank you for being the shining light to expose the lies our media peddles.

How do you get your news so we can have access to the same truths as you?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

Given how the media has shifted away from in-depth reporting to social-media oriented shockbite reporting I don't have a problem with it.  They have made their own beds.  The way he handles himself on Twitter is appalling though.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, killface said:

Yup...trump supporters.

Nothing makes me happier than people like you two that think your party is doing well....keep thinking that way and don't change!:lmao:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweet J said:
2 hours ago, Ranethe said:

That almost 50% of our country would vote for this disaster in waiting is exceptionally frightening. There was beyond ample evidence illustrating his lack of fitness for POTUS. It was overwhelming. Yet so many were either unable to critically evaluate that evidence or-even more frightening-didn't care.

But isn't the problem that not even close to 50% of the country voted for him?  In fact, he got less than 50% of the people who voted, which is in fact a small subset of the voting population.

Trump got 62.9 million votes, which is around 25% of all adults in this country.

And that may seem horrifyingly low, but it's been that way ever since this system has been in place. Obama and Reagan have the high watermarks for vote percentage, but even they only got votes from around 30% of the adult population.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bagger said:

The piece was a joke about spicers news conference if one would actually go to the link.

He copied the article in his post.  There was no link.

Edited by jonessed

1 hour ago, roadkill1292 said:

I blasted the Spicer press conference on Twitter last night and immediately got two "like Benghazi?" responses.

Honestly, I'm at the point where I completely dismiss any person who brings up a Clinton or Obama deflection from something Trump has done.  It's not worth getting into it; it's an invalid argument and distracts from Trump's failures.  I was never a fan of Democrats blaming Bush at the beginning of Obama's term, but there's something more inherently sinister about the deflections right now.  I don't think it's a conscious thing for a standard Trump supporter, but it's just that Trump and the handful of right-wing media outlets have managed to spin things such that many Trump supporters will literally parrot deflections to other leaders, anything to keep heat off of Trump and control the PR.  At least that's how I see it.

Edited by Steve Tasker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, bagger said:

I am sure the intelligence community really appreciates trump moving the embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. Everyone there just became substantially more likely to be attacked, really making friends that guy.

I was reading about that the other day. Here is the bill in Congress. Last line from the summary: "The bill: (1) prohibits more than 50% of the amounts appropriated to the State Department for FY2017 for embassy security, construction, and maintenance from being obligated until the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem has officially opened; and (2) restricts the availability and expenditure of amounts authorized for such purpose for FY 2018 and FY2019 to construction and other costs associated with the establishment of the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jonessed said:

He copied the article in his post.  There was no link.

Yes that was my point, apparently poorly worded. :)

2 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Honestly, I'm at the point where I completely dismiss any person who brings up a Clinton or Obama deflection from something Trump has done.  It's not worth getting into it; it's an invalid argument and distracts from Trump's failures. I was never a fan of Democrats blaming Bush at the beginning of Obama's term, but there's something more inherently sinister about the deflections right now.  I don't think it's a conscious thing for a standard Trump supporter, but it's just that Trump and the handful of right-wing media outlets have managed to spin things such that many Trump supporters will literally parrot deflections to other leaders, anything to keep heat off of Trump and control the PR.

Obama blamed Bush for almost his entire first term.  Trump has been in office for what?  A day and a half?  Do you think maybe you are being a bit melodramatic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NutterButter said:

Everything and i mean everything that the media reports that appears to criticize trump is attacked as false news.  This is absolutely unprecedented at least in my 39 years on this planet.  

I've got 10 years on you.  I can remember being ticked that all my favorite tv shows were preempted for the Watergate hearings.  I have a degree in History.  I've been teaching History for 20 years.  

There has never been anything like this in modern American history. 

• Like 2