gussy

The Trump Years

129,254 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2017 at 4:14 PM, massraider said:

12 days in Asia. Here's hoping our president doesn't make Chinese eyes or Asian driver jokes for next two weeks.

Welp, how long did that last?

"The U.S. president said he could not understand why a country of samurai warriors did not shoot down the missiles, the sources said."

3 people like this

2 hours ago, elbowrm said:

This administration's malevolence is exceeded only by its incompetence.

Thank god for this silver lining.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, elbowrm said:

This administration's malevolence is exceeded only by its incompetence.

This is Ben Witte's punchline for this admin.  "Malevolence tempered by incompetence". :thumbup:

On 5/17/2017 at 11:49 PM, David Dodds said:

Good read from Cernovich how Trump is about to lose a bunch more of his staff on May 20th:

https://medium.com/@Cernovich/may-massacre-johnny-destefano-to-purge-trump-supporters-on-may-22nd-2c00b57e418c

More quality stuff from Cernovich?

https://twitter.com/brooklynmarie/status/927275042844459008

3 people like this

6 minutes ago, jamny said:

I like Trump.

Love to hear why.

New report alleges that Trump was behind a plot to block Jon Bon Jovi from buying Buffalo Bills in 2014

At the heart of the effort was the creation of a fan group called 12th Man Thunder that pushed to keep the team in Buffalo and exploited already rampant speculation Bon Jovi planned to move the franchise to Canada.

Among the group's antics in the spring of 2014 were the collection of thousands of petition signatures and distribution of "Bon Jovi Free Zone" posters calling for a boycott of his music in bars, shops and on radio stations. All of it received widespread media coverage, including from The Associated Press.

But according to Michael Caputo, a Buffalo public relations consultant who would go on to work on Trump's presidential campaign, Trump himself came up with the idea for the group at a Trump Tower meeting in early 2014 as a way to tap into widespread fan anxiety at the time over a potential Bills move to Canada.

"Mr. Trump was convinced that the community wouldn't stand for a move," Caputo told the AP. "So he sent me off to try to organize something with local fans to get that rolling."

Hmmm. Creating a fake grassroots organization and then spreading disinformation via social media....what a novel concept.

The funniest part is that Trump thought he could lowball the Bills once Bon Jovi was eliminated from consideration. But then someone else came along and bid $1.4 Billion and he had to slink away with his tail between his legs.

Edited by [scooter]
3 people like this

You think Trump will propose an instant solution to this shooting the way he did after New York? 

Nope, I don’t either. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You think Trump will propose an instant solution to this shooting the way he did after New York? 

Nope, I don’t either. 

He’s too busy calling Japan an ancient culture.

29 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

This is real isn't it? 

I think we are at the point where any of us could dream up some moronic #### someone would do and Trump's actions will follow to the T.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, jamny said:

I like Trump.

Yeah. An actual walking, talking butt is a neat phenomenon. 

1 hour ago, urbanhack said:

Love to hear why.

He tells it like it is?

liberals something something...

Hillary and Obama...

2 people like this

Mark Knoller‏ @markknoller 3h3 hours ago

Pres Trump asks Japanese auto makers if they could build their cars in the US and not just ship them over.

Source is a CBS News correspondent

President is a ####### moron

6 people like this

23 minutes ago, Eephus said:

I thought he was a businessman?

How does he not know this stuff?  I knew this #### in college while washing cars at a Toyota car dealership.

Toyota has been making cars in the U.S. since 1987. 
Honda has at least 12 U.S. plants.
Nissan has massive Mississippi plant.

what a buffoon!!

3 people like this

34 minutes ago, Eephus said:

Mark Knoller‏ @markknoller 3h3 hours ago

Pres Trump asks Japanese auto makers if they could build their cars in the US and not just ship them over.

And here I am wishing that he was at the WH watching fox news and tweeting because he'd be less of an embarrassment that way

2 people like this

Twitter: Trump and Japanese PM Shinzo Abe were scheduled to feed koi spoonfuls of food. Until Trump poured his entire box of fish food into the pond.

ETA - Abe did something similar. Trump's not a complete moron this time around. He likes hamburgers too.

Edited by saintfool
a retraction
3 people like this

11 minutes ago, saintfool said:

Love the dumb expression on his face and the huge baggy pants. He couldn't look like more of a jackass if he tried. Right after this photo was taken he told the prime minister's wife to pull his finger.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Soootch said:

Love the dumb expression on his face and the huge baggy pants. He couldn't look like more of a jackass if he tried. Right after this photo was taken he told the prime minister's wife to pull his finger.

Don't worry, the Japanese don't care about ceremony

7 people like this

Gets bored feeding a scoop at a time.

Has tailor sew inseam to create a male camel toe

Gets bored feeding a scoop at a time.

Has tailor sew inseam to create a male camel toe

Edited by cosjobs

8 hours ago, Eephus said:

He prepared for this meeting by watching Gung Ho while on Air Force One.

2 people like this

Trump: this is a mental health issue, nothing to do with guns, and it’s “too soon” to talk about guns. Of course. 

I was planning on laughing at that visual of him dumping the entire box out all day - way to ruin it Plorfu!

2 people like this

We are so screwed, item #3872...

Then, because this is 2017, things got dumb. According to Bloomberg, the president of the United States started begging Japan’s car companies to consider making their vehicles on American shores—something they’ve been doing since the 1980s. “Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. That’s not too much to ask,” Trump said. “Is that rude to ask?”

I mean, it’s not rude. It’s just strange—because Japanese car companies already build an enormous number of vehicles stateside. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and their brethren have dozens of manufacturing plants across the country, and according to the Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Association, 75 percent of Japanese brand vehicle sold stateside were assembled in North America. (Some percentage of those come from Mexico, which wouldn’t exactly satisfy Trump, but you get the idea.)

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
2 people like this

41 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

We are so screwed, item #3872...

Wanna take a bet that he somehow tells his Trumpers that he got them to start assembling cars in the U.S?

2 people like this

I really wish someone would teach this yahoo how to tie a tie.  My son (10 years old and in scouts) even made comment on how ridiculously long that thing is.

I mean come on!!!

4 people like this

58 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I really wish someone would teach this yahoo how to tie a tie.  My son (10 years old and in scouts) even made comment on how ridiculously long that thing is.

I mean come on!!!

That's next semester. He needs to pass his current, "How to shake hands like a human" class. It's not looking good.

1 person likes this

When looking a his comments in context, it's pretty clear he knows that many Japanese cars are made in the US. There's so much ammo that can be used against Trump already that it's not necessary to cherry-pick quotes to create more. It just gives his supports reasons to shout "fake news" and claim the media is out to get him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/11/06/does-trump-not-know-japanese-cars-are-built-in-the-u-s-only-if-you-totally-cherrypick-his-quote/?utm_term=.d43ddce12671

Trump quote:

"When you want to build your auto plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. When you want to expand your plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. And in the room, we have a couple of the great folks from two of the biggest auto companies in the world that are building new plants and doing expansions of other plants. And you know who you are, and I want to just thank you very much. I want to thank you.

I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it."

8 people like this