gussy

The Trump Years

130,723 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, -fish- said:

Meanwhile, in London...

Trump feels unwelcome in London, but also claims he's the most popular Republican in history...

Josh Barro‏Verified account @jbarro 4h4 hours ago

Deep in that Sun interview, Trump brags that his poll numbers with Republicans are even better than Lincoln's were. Lincoln died a decade before the telephone was invented and about eight decades before presidential approval polling began.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/trump-may-brexit-us-deal-off/

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, squistion said:

Josh Barro‏Verified account @jbarro 4h4 hours ago

Deep in that Sun interview, Trump brags that his poll numbers with Republicans are even better than Lincoln's were. Lincoln died a decade before the telephone was invented and about eight decades before presidential approval polling began.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/trump-may-brexit-us-deal-off/

Obama sits on top of best president's poll

Someone needs to get Trump to comment on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have more twitter followers then Honest Abe ever had.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Better Than Lincoln" is the name of my Linkin Park/Better Than Ezra co-tribute band. Our lead singer dresses up as Andrew Johnson.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, squistion said:

Josh Barro‏Verified account @jbarro 4h4 hours ago

Deep in that Sun interview, Trump brags that his poll numbers with Republicans are even better than Lincoln's were. Lincoln died a decade before the telephone was invented and about eight decades before presidential approval polling began.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/trump-may-brexit-us-deal-off/

Technically correct once again mr President. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Trump decides to try to throw a spanner in May's plans for Brexit, while talking up Boris for PM

Executing new orders from Vlad already?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, squistion said:

 

12 hours ago, -fish- said:

Meanwhile, in London...

Trump feels unwelcome in London, but also claims he's the most popular Republican in history...

Josh Barro‏Verified account @jbarro 4h4 hours ago

Deep in that Sun interview, Trump brags that his poll numbers with Republicans are even better than Lincoln's were. Lincoln died a decade before the telephone was invented and about eight decades before presidential approval polling began.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6766531/trump-may-brexit-us-deal-off/

 

Poll of Republican approval ratings:

Cadillac 42%
Mercedes 28%
Lincoln 27%
BMW 3%

Trump has never been below 27%, so he's definitely above Lincoln.

 

ETA: Surprised he didn't follow up that statement with "Did you know that the Lincoln Continental was named for a president?  A lot of people don't know that!"

Edited by apalmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, msommer said:

And Trump decides to try to throw a spanner in May's plans for Brexit, while talking up Boris for PM

Executing new orders from Vlad already?

I mean, if Russia can effectively interfere in American elections, why shouldn't America interfere in ally politics?

 

#MAGA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump thinks Ireland is in the UK because of course he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump does an interview with The Sun. The interview is recorded. Audio clips are playing online. When asked about the interview Trump calls it "Fake news" because of course he does.

Memo to the Trumps at the hearing yesterday when Hillary called Trump supporters deplorables she wasn't just talking about his supporters.

And she was right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 5m5 minutes ago

Trump claims that immigration is destroying Europe:

"I think they better watch themselves because you are changing culture, you are changing a lot of things."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 4m4 minutes ago

Trump says that he won't take questions from CNN because they are "fake news," then says in the same breath that he will take a question from Fox because they are a "real network."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been cultivating my friendships with all my Trump supporting friends all wrong. Today in my attempt to emulate Trump I turn over a new leaf. "You are complete, deplorable, idiots and don't have a clue how to get things done. I am really something and I wish to continue to enjoy our great friendship. Maybe we can go out and have some drinks sometime soon."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, squistion said:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 4m4 minutes ago

Trump says that he won't take questions from CNN because they are "fake news," then says in the same breath that he will take a question from Fox because they are a "real network."

I'm guessing the Brits will feel just awful when he leaves. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god is he a dumb coward. Now he’s calling the audio of him trashing May “fake news”. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, squistion said:

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 5m5 minutes ago

Trump claims that immigration is destroying Europe:

"I think they better watch themselves because you are changing culture, you are changing a lot of things."

This is sheer racism. And anyone who agrees with this statement is a racist. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well yeah.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 3m3 minutes ago

Trump claims that he understands "nuclear" because his uncle taught at MIT. "Look up my uncle, Dr. John Trump, at MIT. I used to talk nuclear with him many years ago."

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, packersfan said:

Well yeah.

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 3m3 minutes ago

Trump claims that he understands "nuclear" because his uncle taught at MIT. "Look up my uncle, Dr. John Trump, at MIT. I used to talk nuclear with him many years ago."

To his credit he pronounced it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

To his credit he pronounced it right. 

And, he managed to spell MIT correctly.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no idea Obama invaded Crimea. What a bastard (although it’s an impressive feat.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, apalmer said:

And, he managed to spell MIT correctly.

Someone spotted him the M and the T.

And the I.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This is sheer racism. And anyone who agrees with this statement is a racist. 

Totally agree. It is pure, rank, repugnant racism and it should turn the stomach of anyone with any sense of common decency. This is some horrible garbage coming from the "leader of the free world."

Honestly, how can someone defend this:

Trump says that immigration is not "good for our country" because it is "changing the culture."

Edited by Workhorse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fake news strikes again folks. Very fake news!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HellToupee said:

Fake news strikes again folks. Very fake news!

It's so funny. CNN trashes Trump 24/7 and then Trump is at fault for not wanting to take their questions.

Trump is doing such a good job. So proud of him. He's got bullets flying at him from every direction and he continues to do his best to accomplish everything he promised to us.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Fake news strikes again folks. Very fake news!

So clever of him to let reporters record him saying something and then turn around and call it fake. If that’s fake then literally anything and everything can be fake.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @KenDilanianNBC

FollowFollow @KenDilanianNBC

More

Explaining why he said Boris Johnson be a great prime minister, Trump says: "He's been very nice to me."

6:22 AM - 13 Jul 2018

 

:lmao: What a sad little boy.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

 @KenDilanianNBC

FollowFollow @KenDilanianNBC

More

Explaining why he said Boris Johnson be a great prime minister, Trump says: "He's been very nice to me."

6:22 AM - 13 Jul 2018

 

:lmao: What a sad little boy.

Sounds like a 6 year old.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

It's so funny. CNN trashes Trump 24/7 and then Trump is at fault for not wanting to take their questions.

Trump is doing such a good job. So proud of him. He's got bullets flying at him from every direction and he continues to do his best to accomplish everything he promised to us.

You're proud of him?  That's kind of sad.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

It's so funny. CNN trashes Trump 24/7 and then Trump is at fault for not wanting to take their questions.

Trump is doing such a good job. So proud of him. He's got bullets flying at him from every direction and he continues to do his best to accomplish everything he promised to us.

Eminence, right? 

You’re the one guy around here that I have  no problem with your praise of Donald Trump. Since you are a self admitted white supremacist and racist, you absolutely should be pleased with President Trump and proud of his accomplishments. 

Edited by timschochet
5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

You're proud of him?  That's kind of sad.

He's doing a really good job, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Sounds like a 6 year old.

Yeah, there's not way any world leader could use this to manipulate Trump in negotiations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stuart Ullman said:

He's doing a really good job, imo.

I get that.  It's all personal opinion so I won't argue that point but to say you're proud of him is just odd to me.  I'm proud of my kids and people I know personally but to be proud of Trump feels gross to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, timschochet said:

Eminence, right? 

You’re the one guy around here that I have problem with your praise of Donald Trump. Since you are a self admitted white supremacist and racist, you absolutely should be pleased with President Trump and proud of his accomplishments. 

I am a self admitted white supremacist and racist? That's absolutely insane. I am dumbstruck at what I'm reading.

Be better tomorrow, Tim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stuart Ullman said:

I am a self admitted white supremacist and racist? That's absolutely insane. I am dumbstruck at what I'm reading.

Be better tomorrow, Tim.

Did you or did you not start a thread in which you considered which college to attend, in which you listed the percentage of white students In each as the key statistic to be considered? 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I get that.  It's all personal opinion so I won't argue that point but to say you're proud of him is just odd to me.  I'm proud of my kids and people I know personally but to be proud of Trump feels gross to me.

He's the ultimate underdog. He never was supposed to win the nominee. He never had a chance. He was going to lose in a landslide.

The entire media was against him. He gets insulted on a daily basis. He is a billionaire who could have spent the rest of his life playing with his money. 

Yet, here he is. Still strong. Still proving people wrong. Still trying to make our country a better place for people who hate him.

Sure, he's not without flaws as is any human. But what he's done is absolutely impressive and to be admired. He's taken on what people said was impossible and won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stuart Ullman said:

He's the ultimate underdog. He never was supposed to win the nominee. He never had a chance. He was going to lose in a landslide.

The entire media was against him. He gets insulted on a daily basis. He is a billionaire who could have spent the rest of his life playing with his money. 

Yet, here he is. Still strong. Still proving people wrong. Still trying to make our country a better place for people who hate him.

Sure, he's not without flaws as is any human. But what he's done is absolutely impressive and to be admired. He's taken on what people said was impossible and won.

It's nice you can put such a positive spin on it all.  Sounds like make believe to me though.  I don't understand how anyone trusts the man.  He lies constantly.  He's proven that he cares more about himself than anything else.  Everything he does benefits him in one way or another.  He has very few admirable qualities and I really hope people do not aspire to be like him unless they are incredibly selfish.

None of us are without our flaws.  He seems to go out of his way to enjoy his.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.