What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Split - M Night Shyamalan's newest flick (1 Viewer)

Wat?  You didn't like Devil or The Visit?
At least he tries, not many people putting out good movies in this genre.   Nothing like a good thriller.

People love The Witch.  I couldn't understand what they were saying half the friggin time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw it. Not bad, has some similarities to Don't Breathe and Cloverfield but a little different. 

Signs was his last good one
Signs sucked.  Hi, we are the stupidest aliens ever.  We traveled to a planet that is made up mostly of our kryptonite and we stand on barns for no apparent reasons. 

1. Sixth Sense

2. Unbreakable

3. Village

Every other movie he's done (not including Split as I haven't seen it). 

The Village was horrible.  I walked out of the stupid one about trees (and I was able to sit through the whole twinkly vampire movie with the wifey).  This movie was all kinds of interesting right up until they mention Shamalama's name.  

Will watch it when it shows during a free hbo time or something, but no theater for his movies anymore 

Signs sucked.  Hi, we are the stupidest aliens ever.  We traveled to a planet that is made up mostly of our kryptonite and we stand on barns for no apparent reasons. 
Maybe they never encountered water before and didn't know they would be "allergic" to it?

If you have not seen it dont read any further.

The problem I had was the uncle. I wanted to see something bad happen to him. I  really wished she had pulled the trigger when she was a kid. The end sort of leads us to believe she is going to turn him in but I wanted more.

For example, when the girl had the walkie talkie and was telling Vince, the security guard, that girls were abducted.....you really mean to tell me he was just gonna let that go? The three girls being abducted was all over the news. Dumb. 

Etcetera. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it.  So glad I didn't get the big twist spoiled for me. Not a great film, but good.  Won't be mad if they take the idea further sometime. 

My daughter wants to see this so I am going to check it out a second time. I like trying to find the clues now that I know the end. I dont think it was to hard but I had figured out where he worked and where the girls were kept fairly quickly.

The movie made another 26 million this weekend. Back to Back #1 at the box office. It's made 78 million in 10 days. Not bad for a flick that cost $9 million to make. 

Took the wife to see it. She liked it a lot. I thought it wasn't all that great, but man what a showcase for McAvoy. His diversity was worth watching.

I thought it would have been great had it just been about a guy with a bunch of personalities that kidnapped three girls. But then it had to go get all weird and that ruined it for me. Kind of dumb, IMO.

I thought it would have been great had it just been about a guy with a bunch of personalities that kidnapped three girls. But then it had to go get all weird and that ruined it for me. Kind of dumb, IMO.

Hello. Shayamalan (sp?). The guy can't get out of his own way.

Users who are viewing this thread