What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can I punch Nazis? (spoiler alert: yes) (1 Viewer)

Is it cool to punch a Neo-Nazi in the face?

• Yes

Votes: 101 60.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 39.5%

• Total voters
Still relevant

Isaac:  … Has anybody read that Nazis are going to march in New Jersey, you know? I read this in the newspaper, we should go down there, get some guys together, you know, get some bricks and baseball bats and really explain things to them.

Man: There was this devastating satirical piece on that on the op-ed page of the Times. It is devastating.

Isaac: Well, well, a satirical piece in the Times is one thing, but bricks and baseball bats really gets right to the point.

Woman: Oh, but really biting satire is always better than physical force.

Isaac: No, physical force is always better with Nazis. Cos it’s hard to satirize a guy with shiny boots.

Maybe shouldn't admit this but who cares...I haven't beaten the #### out of someone in over 2 decades and I miss it. I know it's more enlightened to denounce violence, but sometimes it just scratches an itch. I envy the rioters in a way, and I'd happily take the charge if I could've gotten a crack at that skinhead. I strongly disagree with the statement that violence is never the answer.
If more Nazis got punched, there'd be less of them.

But first, a look at the local holiday that was called distasteful and puerile by a panel of hillbillies, Whacking Day! In a tradition that dates back to founding father Jebediah Springfield, every May 10th local residents gathered to drive Neo Nazis into the center of town and whack them to Neo Nazi heaven. (read: hell).

I was not aware that nazis was an anti liberal thing, thought is was an anti American thing.
Haven't you noticed the so called conservative "neo-cons" are the most unamerican folks out there? Spitting directly in the face of the most American ideals and patting themselves on the back while the wallow in their own lack of education.

But first, a look at the local holiday that was called distasteful and puerile by a panel of hillbillies, Whacking Day! In a tradition that dates back to founding father Jebediah Springfield, every May 10th local residents gathered to drive Neo Nazis into the center of town and whack them to Neo Nazi heaven. (read: hell).
The thing I always find funniest about that line is the implication that hillbillies are using the word "puerile."

Haven't you noticed the so called conservative "neo-cons" are the most unamerican folks out there? Spitting directly in the face of the most American ideals and patting themselves on the back while the wallow in their own lack of education.
When you use the term "neo-con," what do you mean exactly?  Most people publicly affiliated with that movement are highly-educated and broadly supportive of what most people would identify as American ideals.  Also, many of them are Jewish, which also makes this kind of a weird reference in the context of this thread.

Vigilante justice should be reserved for the scum of the earth: child molesters, rapists, Nazi's etc... So in a vacuum I have no problem with a Nazi getting sucker-punched (if the person is indeed a true Nazi).

It is a bit alarming though that the left has started throwing out terms like 'white supremacist, KKK, nazi' etc...  to describe people on the other side of the aisle. This has been happening for a while in conjunction with an acceptance and normalization of violence and destruction of property. 

The left in general has allowed their rhetoric to get out of control and if it keeps happening my fear is that we are going to have more incidents like the following:

Dallas Police ShootingF*** Trump, F*** White PeopleChicago man beaten after auto accident.

There is a tipping point for things like this and there are groups on the fringes of both sides that would love nothing more than a race war. 

Maybe shouldn't admit this but who cares...I haven't beaten the #### out of someone in over 2 decades and I miss it. I know it's more enlightened to denounce violence, but sometimes it just scratches an itch. I envy the rioters in a way, and I'd happily take the charge if I could've gotten a crack at that skinhead. I strongly disagree with the statement that violence is never the answer.
I don't miss the fights - the only good part of a fight is the end - but i shonuff miss the steppin in. I'm a large guy, never buff but one who could quickly make a person feel they were in trouble, and i purely loved interrupting assboils at their work, esp regarding treatment of women. I've cold-cocked a few, but i usually liked to square em up first and highnoon the ####er. There was a time when a peacekeeper was trusted/respected, but not only am i at least a decade gone, so is that era.

As recently as a few yrs ago, i felt comfortable stopping people - even grabbing ladies by the ponytails - for running others over but, like George's deal w the pigeons, all bets are off now. Thing i miss most about it is physical deference from womenfolk - as one who always held the door, reached for stuff, offered help, stepped in, i HATE when they brush me to get their groceries on the counter. This makes the same sense that bumperbumping a semi in traffic would and i continue remind them that going ###-over-teakettle into a dumpster is a possibiity in those times. But, maaaan, the world dont like that now and the public status of a gentle giant is largely gone.

Dunno why, but i'd still like my last coronary to occur correcting a fool.

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched up to punch a Nazi now myself. Although nobody in my area has actually revealed themselves to be a Nazi. But, the lady at the end of my block is old and German. So I figure better safe than sorry....

"I love the sexy slither of a lady Neo-Nazi" 

- Barry White

So when you disagree with someone's views, it's ok to sucker punch them? 
Never. And it is appalling that about 60% find it acceptable behavior.

This needs to get prosecuted as a hate crime.  
Punching someone because you disagree with their views is not considered a hate crime in any jurisdiction.

And had that punch happened to a BLM organizer, that's exactly what would happen.
No it wouldn't because it requires more than a physical assault to qualify as a hate crime, usually some sort accompanying epithet.

Luckily we have a new sheriff in town who I suspect won't stand for this kind of nonsense.
And what do you propose he do about it?

The problem, we have gotten to the point where anyone who disagrees is a Nazi.  So you might as well go around punching everyone. 
Political discourse right now is pathetic. And it will only get worse. 

My problem is I find it incredibly pointless to engage either side in discussion/debate.

I've written and subsequently deleted the text of dozens of posts over the last couple months, both to Trump supporters and Trump opponents, simply because I end up concluding, "What is this even going to do? They're so far off in their ways. It's pointless in wasting the time and effort in trying to debate+convince them otherwise." 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminds me of a debate I had with a friend who's a Trump supporter shortly following the election. Note, I lean conservative on many things.

One exchange:

Me: "Hey man, I'm not liking how Trump is handling this Taiwan situation."

Friend: "Well, come on. He's not even in office yet. Give him a chance. Wait until he's inaugurated and then you can judge him."

A couple days later:

Friend: "Trump is going to be the greatest President ever!"

Me: "Well, don't you think we should wait until he gets into office? I mean, hell, we don't even know what he's going to do yet. How can you judge him and say he'll be the greatest President ever when he hasn't done anything yet? We have nothing to judge him by."

Friend: "Well, did you want Hillary instead?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what I mean? And yes, this really happened. 

There are so many things at play here in this country right now that a single post cannot evaluate all of them. Many things of which are out of our control. Many that simply there is no coming back from. Books will be written on this stuff. In fact, books are being written right now on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't miss the fights - the only good part of a fight is the end - but i shonuff miss the steppin in. I'm a large guy, never buff but one who could quickly make a person feel they were in trouble, and i purely loved interrupting assboils at their work, esp regarding treatment of women. I've cold-cocked a few, but i usually liked to square em up first and highnoon the ####er. There was a time when a peacekeeper was trusted/respected, but not only am i at least a decade gone, so is that era.

As recently as a few yrs ago, i felt comfortable stopping people - even grabbing ladies by the ponytails - for running others over but, like George's deal w the pigeons, all bets are off now. Thing i miss most about it is physical deference from womenfolk - as one who always held the door, reached for stuff, offered help, stepped in, i HATE when they brush me to get their groceries on the counter. This makes the same sense that bumperbumping a semi in traffic would and i continue remind them that going ###-over-teakettle into a dumpster is a possibiity in those times. But, maaaan, the world dont like that now and the public status of a gentle giant is largely gone.

Dunno why, but i'd still like my last coronary to occur correcting a fool.
You know, this isn't as good as the IT = INFO post, but IMO it's in the team photo for GOAT post.

So when you disagree with someone's views, it's ok to sucker punch them?  Hope the guy that threw that punch gets crushed in both civil and criminal courts.  This needs to get prosecuted as a hate crime.  And had that punch happened to a BLM organizer, that's exactly what would happen.  Luckily we have a new sheriff in town who I suspect won't stand for this kind of nonsense.
"Disagree with views" :lmao:

they murdered millions of people, we're not discussing whether the Cowboys got screwed against the Packers. 

Users who are viewing this thread