What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cecil's Audible Dirty Little Secret (1 Viewer)

NE_REVIVAL

Footballguy
Love the audible, Cecil & Sig, even if they both share the same sort of mental defect (steeler fans ;) ). But I didn't understand Cecil's comments that NE doesn't have a good defense and that he thought Pitts was better. I can understand someone (mistakenly imho) believing Pitts D was better, but how could anyone say NE doesn't have a good defense? Understand Im not saying great, im saying good. They gave up the fewest points in the league and so many (particularly Pitt fans) think\thought they were a bad def. Wrong......

Anyway love Cecils work and the show, just thought he was dead wrong on this one.

He is wrong a lot.  Despite the soft schedule the Patriots had, leading the league in points allowed is still impressive as heck.  Pittsburgh's D was thought to have improved, but that was blown to shreds tonight. 

Cecil lost me when his schtick became name dropping Denver Broncos.  I was speaking with Von Miller, I must say,  and he said the hammy is fine.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Cecil lost me when his schtick became name dropping Denver Broncos.  I was speaking with Von Miller, I must say,  and he said the hammy is fine.  
He works for a Denver radio station that covers the Broncos, so he has access to their players. Why wouldn't you want info like that?

I think the audible lost it's way last season . Didn't listen to 1 episode in all of 2016. Really used to looked forward to listening on Fridays

He works for a Denver radio station that covers the Broncos, so he has access to their players. Why wouldn't you want info like that?
Can you remember a good call he made about the broncos? It seems like he's been wrong on literally every call he's made but maybe i missed some.

bostonfred said:
Can you remember a good call he made about the broncos? It seems like he's been wrong on literally every call he's made but maybe i missed some.
A couple come to mind, although I am sure there are other examples. He was talking up C.J. Anderson before anybody else, when the guy was 4th string RB and I picked him on waiver wire in a couple of my dynasty leagues. Going back some years, he mentioned that Peyton Hillis looked the best in training camp of all the RBs in Denver, which did not reflect the depth chart or conventional wisdom, but proved to be accurate.

bostonfred said:
He nailed the Emmanuel Sanders explosion on the scene when he became a Bronco. But, I know exactly what you mean.

There were plenty of times where his analysis sounds like it's coming from the PR intern on the broncos staff. LAST YEAR, Manning is making all the throws during the summer. Gee, you mean standing there with no pass rush and stepping into all his throws his arm looks stronger? I'm not really shocked at that, or how Manning looked when the game action was live and he was running  shuffling around the pocket for his life. And just because you and CJ Anderson are sharing a burrito with extra sour cream later this afternoon doesn't mean he's going to run for 1500 yards. Not last season. Or the year before. Or... and so on. I think anyone that has listened to Lammey's analysis of the Bronco RB situation has probably been using all of their FA auction $'s on the RB position every season. And perhaps more importantly has been drafting a DEN RB(or even two) too early passing on WR's for the privilege. It get's a little laughable though when Jay Cutler turns into a raging drunk the day after he leaves denver. Or hammering away on the Texans for paying $18mil/season instead of the $16mil/season elway wanted to pay him!

Actually, I enjoy the misinformation about the broncos and the fact so many people seem to buy into it(even industry people apparently). I feel like it gives me a competitive advantage. Early call: look out for Paxton Lynch as a guy with a lot more potential than people realize and is really flashing some of those skills that had the Cowboys kicking themselves they had to settle for Dak Prescott. Or am I a year too late on that prediction?

Meh, i wasn't trying to pile on, just one opinion I disagreed with so not really getting the hate. Nobody bats a thousand and ftr, I listen to a lot of podcasts and I think the audible is as good or better than most.  

I believe Cecil was the one is that the Broncos were going to match Miami's offer for CJ when the majority said they wouldn't.

Also,  who can forget Brandon Marshall? 

He's pretty tuned in to the happenings at Dove Valley.

A couple come to mind, although I am sure there are other examples. He was talking up C.J. Anderson before anybody else, when the guy was 4th string RB and I picked him on waiver wire in a couple of my dynasty leagues. Going back some years, he mentioned that Peyton Hillis looked the best in training camp of all the RBs in Denver, which did not reflect the depth chart or conventional wisdom, but proved to be accurate.
No he wasn't. He was firmly on the Ball train until that obviously didn't work out.

He wasn't talking up Anderson before anyone else. He was at least a year too late if he was.

No he wasn't. He was firmly on the Ball train until that obviously didn't work out.

He wasn't talking up Anderson before anyone else. He was at least a year too late if he was.
That's not true.  I don't think he ever liked Ball, used to trash him all the time in practice reports and say glowing things about Hillman.  Always had good things to say about CJ and Bibbs. 

Still waiting on the Cody Latimer breakout.
Cec and Sig were all over this guy.

That's not true.  I don't think he ever liked Ball, used to trash him all the time in practice reports and say glowing things about Hillman.  Always had good things to say about CJ and Bibbs. 

Cec and Sig were all over this guy.
When Ball was a rookie Cecil touted him as the Bronco's starter and as a rookie prospect. Bloom disagreed with him at the time.Moreno ended up being the main RB that season and Cecil was wrong.

Ball had some decent numbers as a rookie in a small sample and Cecil talked about Ball as a top 10 RB again going into 2014 season.

When Ball was a rookie Cecil touted him as the Bronco's starter and as a rookie prospect. Bloom disagreed with him at the time.Moreno ended up being the main RB that season and Cecil was wrong.

Ball had some decent numbers as a rookie in a small sample and Cecil talked about Ball as a top 10 RB again going into 2014 season.
He did miss on Moreno... but it was Hillman he was all over.  Here is a post from the Broncos RB thread that sums it up perfectly:  someone posts a news blurb saying Ball is pressing for the job and says, "Not according to Lammy",  and Cecil quotes him and says Ball hasn't impressed him but he is getting the reps with the first team.  He may have proclaimed that the team was going with Ball because of practice usage, but he never endorsed him as a good player.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/682609-broncos-rb/?do=findComment&comment=15802884

Disagree with you saying he never endorsed Ball as a good player, as he most certainly did as a rookie prospect.

I guess I don't pay much attention though. He says a lot of things so you can likely find him on every side of a position at one time or another.

Disagree with you saying he never endorsed Ball as a good player, as he most certainly did as a rookie prospect.
I've clearly got too much time on my hands so I did go back and see what he said about Ball preseason- http://podcast.footballguys.com/2013/Footballguys-Audible-2013-Vol49a.mp3

It's right at the beginning, they're talking about his ADP and how it's creeping up.  Cecil says he's fine with him around 24/25 but not any higher. He says how Terrell Davis likes him and how vision is the top attribute for a RB and ''who is he to argue with TD'' but he thinks it's footwork... and you see from his response in the other thing I linked, he's not impresses with it.  It's around the 8 and a half min mark.  I think you are remembering incorrectly and have sufficiently proved it to myself.  You say you can likely find him on every side of a position.  Go ahead.

Still waiting on the Cody Latimer breakout.
To be fair,  pretty much everyone was high on Latimer. Big, strong, fast and looked great in camp and pre-season. Cody's problem, as we now know, is his inability to learn the playbook, verbiage,  etc. Who could have known at that time that he would struggle so mightily in that area? Further, Manning basically made offensive personnel decisions during his time in Denver and because he never felt confident in Latimer's knowledge and understanding of the playbook, audibles, etc., he was buried in the depth chart. Under different circumstances, he might have been given playing time,  been allowed to struggle a bit, and allowed time for things to click. But on a team that was and always is in win now mode, he was never given that chance. Plus,  he's not a slot WR, so who was he going to displace? Demaryius or Emmanuel?

Hmmm, I don't think so. I took Anderson off the waiver wire in two dynasty leagues and I am pretty sure it was based on what Cecil had to say about him - and one of the leagues has a roster of 30 and the only reason I got him was that he was pretty much off the radar.

Hmmm, I don't think so. I took Anderson off the waiver wire in two dynasty leagues and I am pretty sure it was based on what Cecil had to say about him - and one of the leagues has a roster of 30 and the only reason I got him was that he was pretty much off the radar.
FWIW, I don't really remember much about his opinion on Ball, but my recollection is he was very high on CJ early and often.

I remember the episode that started to sour me It was combine time during Derek Carr's SR season. Carr was sick and the boys :lmao:  like hyenas at him with some unsavory commentary about his lack of toughness.

Let's be fair to Cecil here, though...Lynch did start week 5!

:P
And to be even more fair to Cecil, it may have been a better decision to just get a better idea in what they have with Lynch as things turned out. At the end of the day his level of faith in Siemian proved to be well founded. The 2016 QB situation is actually a bright spot on the Lammey resume imo. At least he didn't make tweets out pounding his chest when Siemian had a good game like a certain bronco faced gm.

Users who are viewing this thread