What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Players (1 Viewer)

Megla

Footballguy
What site do you use to determine who is starting each night?  More specifically what goalie is starting?

LWL for line combos is actually pretty cool too as it allows some filtering.

http://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/

Find the team you want and click on "Lines".  There is a drop down in there that let's you look at line combos over the last 3 games, 10 games, last game, etc. with the frequency that line has appeared.  

Very new to NHL DFS, does the FBG DSF guide cover the NHL?

Also I assume stacking is a viable option for GPPs here?

Stacked the Pitt/STL game pretty heavy and then started the NSH goalie

Megla said:

Yes, from the few things that I have read.  Read a strategy that for gpps to try to get 2 full scoring lines in there, especially ones that are on the PP together.  If you can't fit 3 attackers, sometimes you can find a D guy that QBs the PP and will get assists and shots as well a little cheaper. 

Rotogrinders has some decent free stuff that has players to look for, PP and PK %, team scoring averages, etc.. 

Starting to get into hockey.  Tried the free one yesterday.  Came in 10,818 of 11,000 -  I understand you want to target the games with scoring and pair a C/W/D etc who also get PP time together.

I scored 10 points last night.  I don't want to invest like I do for football, however I want to start playing with some money.  What are some other tricks for big tournaments?

Yesterday I went heavy Pittsburgh. 

Bonino-Crosby-Byron-Hornqvist-Kessel-R. Ellis-Schultz - Schneider and Folingno

Megla said:

So you did as poorly as I did?

It's looking like goals are 3, assists 2, SOG 0.5 AND Blocked shots 0.5

I'm going to do the free daily one again until I can get a better feel for it.

Tonight's attempt:

Kadri - Zibanejad - Brown - Kreider- W. Nyldander- Lindholm - McDonagh - Lundqvist - Horvat

No idea - tried to get some Leafs exposure (Detroit played last night) and the Rangers should be on the PP often so grab a few of them.

I guess I'm trying to figure out a consistent strategy on how to attack these games.

LOL, for me pretty much.

I just wanted to try it but I'm not willing to invest more time than it takes to look at the totals to determine what game I will get players from, then verify that they are playing and selecting a confirmed goalie from a low total game.

Pretty much what I'm doing but I also hear about 20 mins of a NHL DFS show on my ride home from work. Unfortunately their goalie plays have only hit half the time and I use the wrong guys from the lines they recommend.

Tonight's attempt:

Kadri - Zibanejad - Brown - Kreider- W. Nyldander- Lindholm - McDonagh - Lundqvist - Horvat

No idea - tried to get some Leafs exposure (Detroit played last night) and the Rangers should be on the PP often so grab a few of them.

I guess I'm trying to figure out a consistent strategy on how to attack these games.
Played the $1 4k one timer and won $2 with my new high score of 103.1. Went against my Wings and got a SO W from Anderson and a goal from Matthews. Mostly wiffed on Canuck/Ranger players but no one got me a zero.

I started playing DFS Hockey this year and compared to football, to me at least, there's much more luck involved with hitting on any given night. I use left wing lock and generally like it for starting goalies and lines, but sometimes you don't know the starting goalie until after warm-ups. A few websites have some free advice on player and team stats and values, but to get anything similar to FBG, a premium service is offered. Last night the chalk play for cash games was most of the NY Rangers starting over the Flyers. So what happened? Philly goes into MSG and wins, with a shutout for Mason. Great GPP play for those picking the Flyers but a terrible cash game for those of us playing the Rangers.

Does anyone have a preferred premium service for DFS NHL? Rotogrinders, Rotoworld or some other? So far my go it alone strategy for DFS NHL is not working. Thanks!

NHL free roll last night.... Progress  15.80 points  lol  7,791 out of 9,500

Trying tonight with a heavy Sabres/Stars lineup. Price in net.

Well, I didn't do so hot during last night's NHL games. Not that I had any chnace of winning, but did anyone else play last night's FD main single entry? 11 of the top 12 highly experienced players had the exact same lineup, without much, if any stacking, with 26 NHL teams playing offering thousands of possible combinations of players. I would like to know what premium service they are using to create these lineups. Pretty amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I didn't do so hot during last night's NHL games. Not that I had any chnace of winning, but did anyone else play last night's FD main single entry? 11 of the top 12 highly experienced players had the exact same lineup, without much, if any stacking, with 26 NHL teams playing offering thousands of possible combinations of players. I would like to know what premium service they are using to create these lineups. Pretty amazing!
That would steer me away from that site. I play on DraftKings but that's ridiculous.

That would steer me away from that site. I play on DraftKings but that's ridiculous.
I asked FD about it this morning and they assured me that every user was different. They have safeguards against it apparently, but it still makes you wonder; what are the odds of having 11 of the 12 top winners, all highly experienced yet different, with identical lineups with 494 (12 forwards, 6 defense, 1 goalie per team x 26) different NHL players playing last night. The odds of having the same winning lineup with that many Possible combinations must be astronomical!

I asked FD about it this morning and they assured me that every user was different. They have safeguards against it apparently, but it still makes you wonder; what are the odds of having 11 of the 12 top winners, all highly experienced yet different, with identical lineups with 494 (12 forwards, 6 defense, 1 goalie per team x 26) different NHL players playing last night. The odds of having the same winning lineup with that many Possible combinations must be astronomical!
Wonder if it's a group of guys that run a website like Rotoworld or Fantasy Insiders or something.  They saw something and decided on a LU?  It does seem odd. 

It would seem less suspicious if they were all newer players. Then it could be they all used the same optimizer or read/heard the lineup somewhere. Most pros have their own system they use.

Not sure what their connection to each other is but I'm 100% sure there is one.

KarmaPolice said:
Wonder if it's a group of guys that run a website like Rotoworld or Fantasy Insiders or something.  They saw something and decided on a LU?  It does seem odd. 
I'm thinking that's probably the case or they all subscribe to the same premium service that is making the lineup recommendations. Just wish I knew where they got their intel.

It would seem less suspicious if they were all newer players. Then it could be they all used the same optimizer or read/heard the lineup somewhere. Most pros have their own system they use.

Not sure what their connection to each other is but I'm 100% sure there is one.
Even two of them with different user IDs had the same avatar

Users who are viewing this thread