What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

National Pie Day (1 Viewer)

Mmmmm Pie

• Total voters
Now that my grammy's not around to make maple sugar pie or blueberry from a bucket of my pickins, i'll go key lime which, if done right, gives me a 3-alarm tongue woody.

There are about 10 different ones that I would have a hard to deciding on.  Really depends on my mood. 

Apple will be the runaway winner in a poll, but for my money it's either cherry or strawberry rhubarb.

We have a great neighborhood pie store, Little Pie Company. Sometimes I try to time my walk home sometimes to catch them in the last half hour before they close to buy one at half off - full price they're up to around $32 for a 10" pie now. Their specialty is Sour Cream Apple Walnut. It'll make your knees weak.

Bubby's (TriBeCa) and Four and Twenty Blackbirds (Gowanus) are great as well.

was gonna stipulate 'w/pineapple' - but thought it might confuse some Hayseeds into thinking I was referencing Pizza  :D
Never had it with pineapple, never even seen it with pineapple . Love ricotta pie

Last edited by a moderator:
Big fan of pie & love a good crust

Ricotta all year round

Key Lime June-September

Pumpkin November-January 

No reason why apple should be the only one with crumb option included. Blueberry pie with crumb topping is the best. 

Pie is also one of those foods where I'm like  :excited:  until I find out it's store bought and I'm like  :( .

I went with Blueberry because I love it but a friend who does a lot of baking made me a Lemon-Blueberry Pie where the Crust was first filled with blueberries and then a Lemon Curd filled the rest of the pie up

So F!n good!

BTW, where is French Silk?

My crack is lemon meringue.  

Totally shocked at the pecan votes.  Must be a southern thing.  Way too sweet.  I get one every year for Christmas from Costco but literally all I can take is 1 bite before Diabetes begins to set in.

mr roboto said:
Strawberry rhubarb is the best but it's hard to find. 
Yeah I don't think most in here have tried it otherwise it would have a lot more votes.  We have some rhubarb in our backyard and look forward to my wife making this every spring.

What's it taste like?  Sweet? Bitter? 
Both.  It's the perfect combination of sweetness in the strawberries and tartness of the rhubarb.  Put a little scoop of vanilla ice cream on top and it destroys apple pie.  It's great even without the ice cream.

Users who are viewing this thread