What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars The Last Jedi Episode 8 thread: this thread sucks, you should avoid it even after you've seen the movie (1 Viewer)

Everybody is geeking tfo after seeing the world premier. No spoilers at all in the hidden text below, just a couple instant reaction tweets about the movie in general. Hid them in case people don’t want to read anything at all. 

SWNN@StarWarsNewsNet

Star Wars #TheLastJedi was different, unfamiliar at times, but in the best way possible...one of the most story rich, complicated, exciting adventures we have ever seen!

12:57 AM - Dec 10, 2017

Clayton Sandell✔@Clayton_Sandell

Guys. @rianjohnson has made the most epic, emotionally powerful @starwars film ever. Hands down. My strong advice is to be very wary of spoilers. The less you know about #TheLastJedi, the better. Bravo, bravo, bravo.

12:48 AM - Dec 10, 2017

Perri Nemiroff✔@PNemiroff

#StarWarsTheLastJedi floored me. @rianjohnsonand the team nail so much - thrills, laughs, heart and most of all, pushing the characters/overall franchise a major step forward. Some really rich material to explore in the future. Can't wait for more.

Peter Sciretta✔@slashfilm

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is so very different, exciting, surprising. So many emotions, so many amazing moments. Stay away from spoilers.

12:48 AM - Dec 10, 2017 · Los Angeles, CA
Oof. :wood:

:wub: :excited: :thumbup:

:shock:

I thought I was getting a late start when my first came at age 37. Props to you GB. 
Off subject, but I think this is the better way to do it. We had our first at 27/25, just getting started in our careers and hadn't really traveled like we wanted to. Now he's turning 15, and our youngest is 3, so we still won't be traveling like we'd want for another decade plus. We love our kids of course and enjoy them but it would have been nice to have a decade or so without the kids to enjoy while we were young. 

On the bright side, the 15yo loves star wars so I'll be taking him as one of his Christmas presents. 

Everybody is geeking tfo after seeing the world premier. No spoilers at all in the hidden text below, just a couple instant reaction tweets about the movie in general. Hid them in case people don’t want to read anything at all. 

SWNN@StarWarsNewsNet

Star Wars #TheLastJedi was different, unfamiliar at times, but in the best way possible...one of the most story rich, complicated, exciting adventures we have ever seen!

12:57 AM - Dec 10, 2017

Clayton Sandell✔@Clayton_Sandell

Guys. @rianjohnson has made the most epic, emotionally powerful @starwars film ever. Hands down. My strong advice is to be very wary of spoilers. The less you know about #TheLastJedi, the better. Bravo, bravo, bravo.

Perri Nemiroff✔@PNemiroff

#StarWarsTheLastJedi floored me. @rianjohnsonand the team nail so much - thrills, laughs, heart and most of all, pushing the characters/overall franchise a major step forward. Some really rich material to explore in the future. Can't wait for more.

Peter Sciretta✔@slashfilm

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is so very different, exciting, surprising. So many emotions, so many amazing moments. Stay away from spoilers.

12:48 AM - Dec 10, 2017 · Los Angeles, CA
The light saber in my pants is fully erect after reading those tweets.

The light saber in my pants is fully erect after reading those tweets.
I had said for Johnson to be given free reign over creating his own trilogy, he’s basically been crowned the next George Lucas, he must’ve written one helluva script for Last Jedi. Those tweets seem to confirm that, and it sounds like he didn’t take the easy way out. (Kylo and Rey bro/sis, Rey is Luke’s daughter etc) That’s all I am hoping for, an awesome unexpected story. :excited: :thumbup:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom Ames

@RearEchelon

Just saw #TheLastJedi Rian Johnson has created something no one else ever has in the #StarWars universe. I was floored. Funny, engaging, wild, surprising. Stay away from spoilers.

10/10 Better than Empire.

:eek: Some pretty strong words are out there. We’ll see.  

Billy Bats said:
Tom Ames

@RearEchelon

Just saw #TheLastJedi Rian Johnson has created something no one else ever has in the #StarWars universe. I was floored. Funny, engaging, wild, surprising. Stay away from spoilers.

10/10 Better than Empire.

:eek: Some pretty strong words are out there. We’ll see.  
They had me at “better than Empire.”  Take all my money. 

Will be interesting to see what the non-fanboy critics write on Tuesday.  Everyone who saw it last night was likely a Star Wars nerd like us.

My expectations are so high I almost want some balance to the review Force before I see it.  This movie is Christmas for us nerd Gen-xers.   

Better than Empire?  

I don't know if I have ever heard that statement.  I think you could correctly predict the day Jesus returns and this, and this would be more shocking. 

Better than Empire?  

I don't know if I have ever heard that statement.  I think you could correctly predict the day Jesus returns and this, and this would be more shocking. 
The “worst” tweet I read said “it was as good as TFA, almost as good as R1” and that “it dragged a little in the middle”.

That was the most criticism I read from the premier. Everyone else is gaga over it. But like zoo said, fanboys last night. The regular movie reviewer will be the real reads. 

The cloud city sequence is unmatched in saga history and, likely, will never be matched again.  It dwarfs the entirety of Rogue One, as awesome as that movie was.  

No. Sorry.

But, Rougue One is the movie that Jedi should have been. 
Yes. It's my opinion.

Its a waaaaaaaaaaaaay better acted movie (seriously ESB has some laughably bad acted scenes), with a truly awesome continuation to ANH and the most exciting 10 minutes in the entire franchise history. They way they tied it all together with a bunch of new characters and the fact they had the balls to kill them off at the end makes it even better.

I know that will never the opinion of the 80s Star Wars crowds that grew up with Empire but I think the generation getting into it now will share that line of thinking.  

Yes. It's my opinion.

Its a waaaaaaaaaaaaay better acted movie (seriously ESB has some laughably bad acted scenes), with a truly awesome continuation to ANH and the most exciting 10 minutes in the entire franchise history. They way they tied it all together with a bunch of new characters and the fact they had the balls to kill them off at the end makes it even better.

I know that will never the opinion of the 80s Star Wars crowds that grew up with Empire but I think the generation getting into it now will share that line of thinking.  
Yeah.  Love you but disagree.  The best 10 minutes in saga history begins when Luke pops up in the freezing room.  Not even close, really.  

Found out that if I want to see the preview I'll have to take the day off work because the studio doesn't send the digital "key" until Thursday morning.

This is so the theater can test run the movie. Usually the mgr on shift will watch it the night before but in the star wars world they delay the key until same day.

Anyhow not going to take a day off work to see it early when I can walk in free, first night and every night until Jan if I want to. I'll probably watch it Friday night

Yeah.  Love you but disagree.  The best 10 minutes in saga history begins when Luke pops up in the freezing room.  Not even close, really.  
The freezing room; Hoth; “this is no cave”; cloud city. Just pivotal, epic sequences all over ESB. Really hard for any other movie to match that. 

Best thing about the reviews is they are all saying how surprising and different and unexpected everything is. That’s maybe the thing that has me most excited about seeing it. I.e., sounds like this time we are NOT getting an orphan from a sand planet taking off on a star adventure aboard the millennium falcon with Han and Chewy to exploit a design flaw in a Death Star. 

Very encouraging that this one sounds like it is truly original. 

Best thing about the reviews is they are all saying how surprising and different and unexpected everything is. That’s maybe the thing that has me most excited about seeing it. I.e., sounds like this time we are NOT getting an orphan from a sand planet taking off on a star adventure aboard the millennium falcon with Han and Chewy to exploit a design flaw in a Death Star. 

Very encouraging that this one sounds like it is truly original. 
:goodposting:   :goodposting:  

So is someone firing up a spoiler thread this week for those that saw it? Saves people from accidentally coming here and seeing key plot points.

So is someone firing up a spoiler thread this week for those that saw it? Saves people from accidentally coming here and seeing key plot points.
Don’t see the need. If the movie is out to the public we should be able to discuss openly in here, if people don’t want to see spoilers then they just don’t open this thread until they see it. We’re all adults. (I think :shrug:  )

Don’t see the need. If the movie is out to the public we should be able to discuss openly in here, if people don’t want to see spoilers then they just don’t open this thread until they see it. We’re all adults. (I think :shrug:  )
I'm only saying because we did it for Ep 7. Mainly because out to the public at midnight Th-Fr is different than seeing it Friday night or Saturday.

But whatevs

I'm only saying because we did it for Ep 7. Mainly because out to the public at midnight Th-Fr is different than seeing it Friday night or Saturday.

But whatevs
I gotcha. I remember having the discussion but don’t remember doing the separate thread. I’m too old for multiple threads anyway I’ll get all confused on where to post and ruin it for someone! We’ll make @Capella change the thread title to beware of spoilers and movie talk happening. Let’s just keep it simple. :thumbup:  

I have to laugh at 20th Century Fox opening up Ferdinand the Bull the same day as Star Wars.

This is the reason Disney is owning you - figuratively and literally.

Assume spoiler tags will be used if there is not a separate thread.  It seems, based on the reviews so far, that knowing plot details going in could ruin the experience.

Given that FBG’s take care of their own, let’s give it a week or so before we openly discuss the film details in the thread?

seeing it Sat night, so at least until then fellas? ;)  

Assume spoiler tags will be used if there is not a separate thread.  It seems, based on the reviews so far, that knowing plot details going in could ruin the experience.

Given that FBG’s take care of their own, let’s give it a week or so before we openly discuss the film details in the thread?

Teach me how to use spoiler tags. Cause my ####### will be blabbing 10am Saturday. :ph34r: :excited:

Not trying to be difficult, but this thread has been open for two years. What else is there to talk about once the movie opens? Serious question, what would you come in to post, or expect to read, between the movie opening and when you have seen it? Its the thread about the movie, let’s talk about the movie. We’ll chat you up Saturday night after you seen it. :shrug:  

Users who are viewing this thread