steelers1080

Official 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

1,371 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, 3C's said:

How about that...I'm back. :oldunsure:

Did you enjoy the game?   How were the seats?

1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

Did you enjoy the game?   How were the seats?

Heck yeah! A win is always good. The Rooney tribute was very nice, esp Ben and then Deebo running around the field with the flag. Seats were covered by the upper level thank goodness. A little hard for my old eyes to see the other other end of the field but I could watch the big board when needed. Probably going to the Pirates tonight. Tickets should be easier to get and cheap. :D

3 minutes ago, 3C's said:

Heck yeah! A win is always good. The Rooney tribute was very nice, esp Ben and then Deebo running around the field with the flag. Seats were covered by the upper level thank goodness. A little hard for my old eyes to see the other other end of the field but I could watch the big board when needed. Probably going to the Pirates tonight. Tickets should be easier to get and cheap. :D

Yeah tickets for the Buds will be plentiful

1 person likes this

Some takeaways from the game:

• Our offense still looked sluggish. The play calling was better than week 1, but Big Ben didn't look great. Missed some good opportunities and didn't seem to go through his progressions on some plays where a WR/TE would be streaking down the field open but he only had eyes for AB.
  • Bell looked better, but still didn't have much room to run.
  • Villanueva looked awful. Our O-line got much better after he came out. Maybe it was due to illness, idk, but he is not living up to the paycheck.
  • Our D looked stout again. Wish we'd done a bit more against a backup QB, but Keenum was getting the ball out quickly and Diggs/Cook are truly talented. 
  • Our kicking game is on point!
  • Overall, we won, so I'm happy. But I don't think we were good enough to beat a top 10 team, and I don't think we'll win Oct 1st against the Ravens if our offense doesn't improve.

6 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

Solid play by the defense yesterday aided greatly by the absence of Sam Bradford.  

The offense continues to struggle on 3rd down and a lot of is not very good play from the offensive line.   Previously considered to be one of the strengths of this team,  they have been underwhelming in the first two weeks, particularly their run blocking.   I think they will continue to get better but they are certainly not looking like one of the best offensive lines in the league.   You do have to give credit to the Vikings defense though -- they played tough.

Once again WAY too many penalties.   

Overall a better performance than week 1 but there is still plenty of work to do.   You can't take anything for granted in the NFL but having the Bears this week and then the Jags at home the next week should give the Steelers time to improve before they have to go on the road to face the Chiefs.  

They're @Baltimore in between these games (week 4) - Jags are week 5.

1 person likes this

By the way, if any of yinz find yourself in Atlanta on a Sunday during football season, go to a place called Smith's Olde Bar for the game.  I was there for the CLE game (running from Irma) and it was a mob of Steeler fans - great atmosphere, good drinks, good wings.  I'd advise either calling ahead to see if you can reserve a table or else get there by noon ET at the latest, there were only a few tables that weren't reserved for local Steelers diehards and I was lucky to grab the last one.  By 1:00, it was SRO throughout the entire venue, which had 3 good sized rooms that I could see - must have been north of 100 people in black & gold there.  Place was rocking and rolling from the opening kick through the final whistle.  I counted at least 30 different jerseys, including a frigging Boswell.  I figured I'd be the only one there rocking a TJ Watt, but sure enough, there was another dude 20 feet away also wearing #90.  We had numerous opportunities to stand and point at one another.  :lol:

Week 4, I'll be on the road in SLC and have my viewing spot staked out already, the place I used to go to for games when I lived out there.  They haven't seen me in 16 years.  Week after that, I'll be in Vegas and have a location picked out there too, I'll make sure to give you guys the skinny on both.

2 people like this

42 minutes ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

They're @Baltimore in between these games (week 4) - Jags are week 5.

So they are -- thanks for the correction!

52 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Some takeaways from the game:

• Our offense still looked sluggish. The play calling was better than week 1, but Big Ben didn't look great. Missed some good opportunities and didn't seem to go through his progressions on some plays where a WR/TE would be streaking down the field open but he only had eyes for AB.
  • Bell looked better, but still didn't have much room to run.
  • Villanueva looked awful. Our O-line got much better after he came out. Maybe it was due to illness, idk, but he is not living up to the paycheck.
  • Our D looked stout again. Wish we'd done a bit more against a backup QB, but Keenum was getting the ball out quickly and Diggs/Cook are truly talented. 
  • Our kicking game is on point!
  • Overall, we won, so I'm happy. But I don't think we were good enough to beat a top 10 team, and I don't think we'll win Oct 1st against the Ravens if our offense doesn't improve.

This was also the case week 1 and I sure hope Ben shakes this habit.  

And I agree with you -- we're going to need to play much better to beat Baltimore in their house

17 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

By the way, if any of yinz find yourself in Atlanta on a Sunday during football season, go to a place called Smith's Olde Bar for the game.  I was there for the CLE game (running from Irma) and it was a mob of Steeler fans - great atmosphere, good drinks, good wings.  I'd advise either calling ahead to see if you can reserve a table or else get there by noon ET at the latest, there were only a few tables that weren't reserved for local Steelers diehards and I was lucky to grab the last one.  By 1:00, it was SRO throughout the entire venue, which had 3 good sized rooms that I could see - must have been north of 100 people in black & gold there.  Place was rocking and rolling from the opening kick through the final whistle.  I counted at least 30 different jerseys, including a frigging Boswell.  I figured I'd be the only one there rocking a TJ Watt, but sure enough, there was another dude 20 feet away also wearing #90.  We had numerous opportunities to stand and point at one another.  :lol:

Week 4, I'll be on the road in SLC and have my viewing spot staked out already, the place I used to go to for games when I lived out there.  They haven't seen me in 16 years.  Week after that, I'll be in Vegas and have a location picked out there too, I'll make sure to give you guys the skinny on both.

At both Heinz and last night at PNC, #90 shirts were all over the place.

Against the Bears, if we win by less than 10 pts it will be a disappointment. Also, this should be a get right game for Leveon. Great chance to start the season 3-0.