Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Stinkin Ref

2017 WSL1 Discussion Thread.......

Recommended Posts

******** NEW LINK TO LEAGUE AS OF 5/13/17*********

http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/home/59337#0

 

link to league

http://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2016/home/59337#0

password:  fbgwsl1

 

1. once we get 2 more owners we will get rolling

2. we will go ahead and use MFL as the draft site, even though it currently does not have rookies...will transfer over the league at a later time

3. if you want to draft a rookie....pick somebody else that probably won't be drafted (tebow, etc) as a place holder and then we will adjust later....note your real pick here in discussion thread

4. please set up to get automatic alert from MFL when you are up so we do not have to send PM's etc.

I have made the following rule changes:

* added points for 2 point Pass, Run, Receive, and 2 point DST returns

* made safety worth 3 points

* 1 point for block punt or kick

* 6 point for miss FG return for TD

* 6 points if your player returns a punt or kick for TD

hopefully somebody can double check my work and hopefully the transition over to the 2017 league can be smooth, but at least this is a good platform for the draft...

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

@Stinkin Ref - is that the draft order set? 

thats just what the site kicked out as I set things up, so we can roll with it or if people want to redo it that is fine too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok we have our 16......draft is set to start at 9:45 EST this morning (25th)....

no time limit this first round....then will move to an 8 hour timer once we clear round 1....

again, please set it up to get the automatic notification when you are OTC...

DRAFT ORDER:

1.01    1.    Mr. Irrelevant    
1.02    2.    Rudy
1.03    3.    Stinkin Ref
1.04    4.    drunken slob
1.05    5.    FUBAR
1.06    6.    BassNBrew
1.07    7.    Bro1ncos
1.08    8.    Stephen Holloway
1.09    9.    Aaron Rudnicki
1.10    10.    Bicycle Seat Sniffer
1.11    11.    Justin Howe
1.12    12.    Fiddles
1.13    13.    Shadowfax
1.14    14.    Crippler
1.15    15.    FF Ninja
1.16    16.    Duckboy

:banned:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't like picking at 5 (imo there's the big 3 RBs, then antonio, then another tier) but decided to go with OBJ over two other receivers I like equally but one is losing his OC (yeah, shoot me for spotlighting the 2nd best player in the super bowl). 

@BassNBrew 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.04 -- Antonio Brown, WR, Pitt. ~ No surprise with the first 3 picks. The decision to pick a WR was made for me. Any guy is good, so Antonio Brown, it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have drafted round 1 but not sure when back on net. Home from camping tomorrow night. Will try to get on tonight at talent show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Crippler said:

I have drafted round 1 but not sure when back on net. Home from camping tomorrow night. Will try to get on tonight at talent show

this made me laugh for some reason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Gronk?? Why not

Why not indeed. I was hoping his injuries would allow him to slip to me. :kicksrock:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started McCoy and Hilton.  Not super exciting but hopefully some stability, which will allow for some dice rolling later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consensus will likely say Keenan is a reach, but with this being PPR and my belief that a lacerated kidney and a single ACL tear doesn't make a guy injury prone, I just couldn't help myself with that upside staring me in the face. Was hoping to go Gronk/Keenan at 1.15/2.02...  =/

Was also looking at Hilton and another two big names, but had to go with Keenan. Ended up going with one of those two other guys for my 2.02. The deciding factor was best ball. Both guys had bad seasons but one guy is more of a possession WR, which I can get later, and the other (AR15) is more of a big play threat. Big play threat is always a tie breaker for me in best ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Consensus will likely say Keenan is a reach, but with this being PPR and my belief that a lacerated kidney and a single ACL tear doesn't make a guy injury prone, I just couldn't help myself with that upside staring me in the face. Was hoping to go Gronk/Keenan at 1.15/2.02...  =/

Was also looking at Hilton and another two big names, but had to go with Keenan. Ended up going with one of those two other guys for my 2.02. The deciding factor was best ball. Both guys had bad seasons but one guy is more of a possession WR, which I can get later, and the other (AR15) is more of a big play threat. Big play threat is always a tie breaker for me in best ball.

interested to see where Allen Robinson goes this year.....based on his awful disappointing season.....will say little surprised to see him gone already...

drafted him in some redraft leagues in the second round and he was unstartable towards the end of the year....being replaced in my lineup by guys like Hill/Gabriel...

Edited by Stinkin Ref

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

interested to see where Allen Robinson goes this year.....based on his awful disappointing season.....will say little surprised to see him gone already...

drafted him in some redraft leagues in the second round and he was unstartable towards the end of the year....being replaced in my lineup by guys like Hill/Gabriel...

Well, I've got no ADP to go on and I really didn't want anyone else at that spot so I went upside. I don't want to name drop anyone right now (is that bad form in these mocks or generally accepted this early in the draft?), but I've got issues with pretty much everybody behind Keenan. For instance, I think Hilton benefited from injuries to other WR/TE on his team. I expect his targets to go back down next year and with this being PPR, I wanted the guy with back-to-back 150 target seasons. There was obviously another guy with that accolade, but I just don't like his upside as much. Supposedly Bortles is going to QB camp this offseason. I guess we'll see how that pans out. I'm not expecting 1400/14. I expect that to be Robinson's career high when all is said and done. But I think 80/1200/8 is very reasonable, but with some TD upside if things fall his way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Lamar miller.....not sexy....but has a high floor and should produce solid points if healthy

Being able to start Gronk-Miller in this format is crazy. There's so much injury luck needed to win these anyway that you might as well go for the guys who can put up the biggest numbers when healthy and that's what you've got.

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hoping last year was just a bad year for Gurley and his talent shows through in 2017.  

With beckham and gurley, I'm liking my start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

missed Jarvis Landry by 1 pick.....settled on Kelvin Benjiman for my wr1

 

Brees-Lamar MIller- K.Benji and Gronk to start....

 

Was starting to hope Landry would fall to me.  He was on my short list back at 3.05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

missed Jarvis Landry by 1 pick.....settled on Kelvin Benjiman for my wr1

 

Brees-Lamar MIller- K.Benji and Gronk to start....

 

A few teams have ab-RB-wr-te to start

 

 Brady-fournette-cooper-Olsen is mine

Edited by Crippler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crippler said:

A few teams have ab-RB-wr-te to start

 

 Brady-fournette-cooper-Olsen is mine

I'm always a little leery of taking rookies this high but that's a nice start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duckboy said:

Yes. RB Dalvin Cook. I put that into the comment field as well. 

Gotcha. Sorry about that - I usually track either from the home page or the draft grid and the comments don't show up in either of those.

So with that, there have been 18 RBs drafted and they're the exact 18 names at the top of my RB rankings. Didn't anyone tell this contingent that y'all aren't supposed to already be in shark mode in January? :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what happened. I logged on and made a pick of Golden Tate early today. Just saw I timed out so no clue why the pick didn't work. Sorry. I'm fine with Sammy too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was surprised to see Ertz got in the 2nd round. Was hoping to nab him at 3.15, but didn't have any hope of landing Eifert there. Assuming he doesn't get another offseason injury, Eifert is going to win some championships this year. Ertz could be huge in this format if he continues his second half pace. He and Wentz really got in sync there towards the end. His last 8 games = 55/569/4. That's dominant.

I don't like taking a QB early, so I thought long and hard about taking CJA or Watkins. Ultimately decided to opt for health over the two guys that can't stay healthy, but when those two are healthy they put up top 12 positional numbers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB - D. Carr (5.01)

RB - D. Johnson (1.01)

WR - B. Cooks (2.16), T. Pryor (4.16)

TE - J. Reed (3.01)

Obvious DJ selection was obvious at 1.01, and I was fortunate enough to land three guys who I considered the last of their tiers in Cooks, Reed, and Carr. Reed could very well go down the Ladarius Green path this coming season, but I'll accept that risk to own the TE1 on a PPG basis each of the past two years.

I have no idea where Pryor will settle in from an ADP perspective as the season gets closer. He's a physical freak with a top-10 ceiling but an extremely low floor - I feel like WR27 is a fair price to pay for that combination in best-ball, although I wouldn't fault anyone who won't touch him in drafts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

I was surprised to see Ertz got in the 2nd round. Was hoping to nab him at 3.15, but didn't have any hope of landing Eifert there. Assuming he doesn't get another offseason injury, Eifert is going to win some championships this year. Ertz could be huge in this format if he continues his second half pace. He and Wentz really got in sync there towards the end. His last 8 games = 55/569/4. That's dominant.

I don't like taking a QB early, so I thought long and hard about taking CJA or Watkins. Ultimately decided to opt for health over the two guys that can't stay healthy, but when those two are healthy they put up top 12 positional numbers.

 

Looked at Ertz in second but went for more reliability with Olsen. I knew he would not last till 3.14.  Wanted to get a te though. I like hunter Henry but still see him as big step down still. And 4.16 pick. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Crippler said:

Looked at Ertz in second but went for more reliability with Olsen. I knew he would not last till 3.14.  Wanted to get a te though. I like hunter Henry but still see him as big step down still. And 4.16 pick. 

Didn't realize Ertz had so much value at this point - people seemed pretty down on him after his slow start last year. I'm happy to hear it as a dynasty owner, though! TE4 is better than the ~TE8 I was expecting. I agree Hunter Henry is a big step down, largely because he's unproven. If he can get 110 targets from Rivers, he'll be solid... but if Gates comes back and steals ~40 targets from him, then he'll be a relative bust (last I heard Gates was coming back). Kelce in the 1st seems rich. I know he just finished TE1, but his 2016 stats would've placed him TE6 in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FUBAR

Mariota, Marcus TEN QB

Gurley, Todd RAM RB

Hyde, Carlos SFO RB

Beckham, Odell NYG WR

Walker, Delanie TEN TE

wasn't planning on taking gurley but he fell too far for his talent.  Really hoping shanny improves hyde's performance, I think both RBs will have better teams next year.  

Walker is the only player I don't expect to improve in 2017, but if he can just stay where he's at, he's a good anchor. 

Mariota was simply a "I'll take my favorite player" selection.  Obviously I'm a Titans fan and am hoping for the best. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liked the Dion Lewis pick by BNB. Made my decision easier. Was having a hard time picking two between Dion, Dixon, and Crowell. I'm pretty high on all three. Was tempted by a lot of nice WR talent left on the board - Moncrief, Decker, and Maclin in particular*, but with high volume RBs dwindling, I had to grab the last two of my three targets.

*If those guys maintain that price tag, I'll probably have them all on my auction teams. Great zero-WR candidates :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FF Ninja said:

Liked the Dion Lewis pick by BNB. Made my decision easier. Was having a hard time picking two between Dion, Dixon, and Crowell. I'm pretty high on all three. Was tempted by a lot of nice WR talent left on the board - Moncrief, Decker, and Maclin in particular*, but with high volume RBs dwindling, I had to grab the last two of my three targets.

*If those guys maintain that price tag, I'll probably have them all on my auction teams. Great zero-WR candidates :P

 

Yeah, I think Maclin makes a great buy low right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

Yeah, I think Maclin makes a great buy low right now. 

I like all the round 6 Wr picks.  Had a hope one would drop to 7th but entire list gobbled up. But hard not to tak RB and go more WRBC the rest of way. RB seems a little less deep. Hope Bernard comes back healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Crippler said:

I like all the round 6 Wr picks.  Had a hope one would drop to 7th but entire list gobbled up. But hard not to tak RB and go more WRBC the rest of way. RB seems a little less deep. Hope Bernard comes back healthy. 

All except Tyrell. No way he's worth that with Keenan and Benjamin healthy. There are about 15 WRs left that I'd rank above him.

What was up with Booker going in the 6th (RB27)? That was the biggest shocker to me. I figured maybe the CJA owner would grab Booker in the mid to late teens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FF Ninja said:

All except Tyrell. No way he's worth that with Keenan and Benjamin healthy. There are about 15 WRs left that I'd rank above him.

What was up with Booker going in the 6th (RB27)? That was the biggest shocker to me. I figured maybe the CJA owner would grab Booker in the mid to late teens.

your mistake on Tyrell, kids an animal and will get better...Travis Benjamin is  a JAG, I love Kennan but he cant seem to stay on the field.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FF Ninja said:

All except Tyrell. No way he's worth that with Keenan and Benjamin healthy. There are about 15 WRs left that I'd rank above him.

What was up with Booker going in the 6th (RB27)? That was the biggest shocker to me. I figured maybe the CJA owner would grab Booker in the mid to late teens.

Booker wouldn't have lasted nearly that long.  6th was earlier than I'd take him, but he'd be on my short list in the next couple rounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All aboard the QB2 train! 

Like most of my team, I think Bortles bounces back, although his season was better in ff than real nfl anyway.  Mariota and Bortles - gotta love the AFC south :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.