Stinkin Ref

2017 WSL1 Discussion Thread.......

189 posts in this topic

@Stinkin Ref, your team looks really strong.  I gave a lot of thought to Baldwin and cam, only reason I didn't go cam is he's my qb1 in my main dyno and wanted to see where others valued him, plus there were quite a few QBs which I thought were equal available at 4.12

Completely spaced on Bryant, as I was focused on Maclin.  Romo should be a nice backup but he has to stay healthy for the inevitable bad games by cam. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Figured as much, which is why I used some Google-fu before I drafted him to try to read the tea leaves. It sounds like he should be listed at RB in 2017 - although now that I type that, I realize I'm counting on a site that hasn't made a UI update in 15 years to be proactive about this. :mellow:

QB - D. Carr (5.01), Wentz (6.16)

RB - D. Johnson (1.01), Lacy (7.01), Montgomery? (8.16)

WR - B. Cooks (2.16), T. Pryor (4.16), D-Jax (9.01)

TE - J. Reed (3.01)

Normally I'd be hesitant spending a 7th and an 8th locking down an RB slot, even on an offense as productive as GB's. But I'm pretty confident Lacy will test the FA waters and I'll take the potential upside of two lead backs for the price of one if that happens.

D-Jax seems like he's been undervalued ever since I joined these leagues. Yeah, he only finished WR39 last season but, in true Jackson fashion, it was via 7 games with 15+ points and 7 in single digits. Give me that distribution every time in best-ball, especially if the rumors are accurate and I get to stack him those weeks with my half-upside play, half-homer pick Wentz.

Carr/Johnson/Reed (if healthy) keep you in the mix most weeks....Cooks mixes in some stinkers but has immunity earning weeks as well.....I know what you mean about Djax and admit I am one that usually has a hard time pulling the trigger on him...

Just now, FF Ninja said:

I dunno. I see a LOT of guys I'd rather have than Williams. For instance, I know he disappeared after the first 4-5 weeks, but I'd much rather have Marvin Jones than Tyrell Williams for 2017 and Marvin went WR45 - almost 2 rounds later. The difference I see between them is about 30 targets. They both serve a similar role on their offense, so I'm taking the guy with more targets and/or less competition.

that's a very fair assessment....can't argue...

6 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I dunno. I see a LOT of guys I'd rather have than Williams. For instance, I know he disappeared after the first 4-5 weeks, but I'd much rather have Marvin Jones than Tyrell Williams for 2017 and Marvin went WR45 - almost 2 rounds later. The difference I see between them is about 30 targets. They both serve a similar role on their offense, so I'm taking the guy with more targets and/or less competition.

Unless they draft his younger, bigger brother...

1 minute ago, FUBAR said:

Unless they draft his younger, bigger brother...

They just signed him to a 5 year $40M deal and Tate is still there as the possession WR. Detroit has enough problems at WR that I will be shocked if they try to draft a Marvin replacement this year.

7 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

They just signed him to a 5 year $40M deal and Tate is still there as the possession WR. Detroit has enough problems at WR that I will be shocked if they try to draft a Marvin replacement this year.

I read your post wrong, I was referring to Tyrell. 

But I can see the Lions bringing in a better receiver.  

I read your post wrong, I was referring to Tyrell. 

But I can see the Lions bringing in a better receiver.  

I could see them drafting a guy later to develop for the future (Tate has $9.3M cap number in 2018), but I highly doubt Tate and Jones are not the starters in 2017. And I expect both of them to be north of 110 targets. 

3 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I could see them drafting a guy later to develop for the future (Tate has $9.3M cap number in 2018), but I highly doubt Tate and Jones are not the starters in 2017. And I expect both of them to be north of 110 targets. 

It probably won't happen but I'd love to see a certain speedy receiver from out west in motown.  Not to name drop here but I suspect we're all tracking the various rookie prospects.

1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

4.14 Cam Newton QB8 CAR
9.03 Tony Romo QB26 DAL

1.03 Ezekiel Elliot RB3 DAL
5.03 Thomas Rawls RB19 SEA
7.03 Adrian Peterson RB29 MIN

2.14 Doug Baldwin WR14 SEA
3.03 Tyreek Hill WR17 KC
6.14 Martavis Bryant WR39 PIT

8.14 Martellus Bennett TE15 NE

Really solid team you're putting together here GB ... you've sniped me by two picks coming back the last three times in a row now ... :rant:

Only two picks I wouldn't have made - I think it's a coin-flip whether Rawls is any good, and even if he is he'll have to hold off at least 2 young guys and deal with the league's worst OL ... too many risks there to pay an RB19 price. And Tyreek was a massive reach (which at least you acknowledged). I've heard this story of "they'll find ways to get the ball in his hands" about Lockett, Harvin, Baby Hawk ... even Antwan Randle El if you want to go down memory lane ... and it usually results in lots of highlight-reel time and not quite as much actual fantasy production as people hope. Maybe Tyreek winds up being the exception but that's a really steep price to pay to find out.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Really solid team you're putting together here GB ... you've sniped me by two picks coming back the last three times in a row now ... :rant:

Only two picks I wouldn't have made - I think it's a coin-flip whether Rawls is any good, and even if he is he'll have to hold off at least 2 young guys and deal with the league's worst OL ... too many risks there to pay an RB19 price. And Tyreek was a massive reach (which at least you acknowledged). I've heard this story of "they'll find ways to get the ball in his hands" about Lockett, Harvin, Baby Hawk ... even Antwan Randle El if you want to go down memory lane ... and it usually results in lots of highlight-reel time and not quite as much actual fantasy production as people hope. Maybe Tyreek winds up being the exception but that's a really steep price to pay to find out.

Rawls moved to Cleveland? 

Eta: Nevermind, you're right.   It's actually shocking how high the Browns ol is ranked (16th).  I distinctly recall them being a sieve this year.

Edited by FUBAR

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I expect Hill's value to drafters to be all over the map heading into next year, but I think there will be at least one idiot like me in every draft that will think he is worth it and keep him sniffing an ADP of around 20....

he really didn't start becoming part of the game plan until midway through the season and still finished as a borderline WR1 in this 16 team format....6 points behind a guy like Tate and 10 points behind the last WR1 (WR16 DT)....from weeks 7-17 he was WR6....something looks different between him and the guys you mentioned...I don't really consider the price that steep since it is basically where he finished....I can see why some may think he is a one hit wonder, but I'll be happy being that guy that keeps his ADP right in this area in these leagues....

Edited by Stinkin Ref

QB: Brady, Flacco. Top QB as the 1 and did not want to be left with all the uncertainty out there. Healthy Perriman and Maxx should help the cause. Not flashy but very solid backup who will help for highest scoring position

RB: Fournette, Bernard, Martin. I love the big rookie and think steal who will only go higher each new SL draft. Probably round 1 when all is said and done. Bernard gets carries and provides PPR. Marin hopefully stays healthy and gets chance elsewhere. Lots of teams need RB and he has some talent. Not great but not bad. Was thinking Foreman and he went W2 picks later 

WR: Cooper, sanders, White. Hoping Coop finally lives up to potential and becomes another Julio or AJ finally. Sanders was good value and provide many weeks. Can White stay healthy. I think the talent is there. Probably go heavy here with darts since some other positions have less question marks

TE: Olsen, Hooper. Got an old reliable and an up and comer. I did not want to be left out of TE run that had happened but the other 2 are still available that I looked at. Fleener had been my first choice but Hooper gets better all the time and I think very close to Hunter Henry in ability. See nice improvement next year. Probably done here but might take flyer with 20 rounds. No panic. 

I like it but many players could be exchanged and I would still like. Only few teams, that I don't like when looking . 

I had to predraft as I am leaving on a work trip today. I need an RB badly so I put a placeholder name and will take whichever is left when it gets to me of:

1) Jamaal Williams Rookie

2) Mixon Rookie

QB. Brees....brock oz

Rb. Lamar miller. Jeremy hill. Fat rob kelley.

Wr. Kelvin benjamin. Jordan mathews. Breshad perriman

Te. Gronk. Cj fedor

Too many texans.........

congrats on your kid bass good ####!

so justin howe with no TEs yet. dont see how he has a chance

45 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

QB. Brees....brock oz

Rb. Lamar miller. Jeremy hill. Fat rob kelley.

Wr. Kelvin benjamin. Jordan mathews. Breshad perriman

Te. Gronk. Cj fedor

Too many texans.........

I was wondering if Oz was a placeholder ;) 

1 person likes this

I was wondering if Oz was a placeholder ;) 

No way houston pays him all that money and they dont give him one more year....

2 hours ago, Stephen Holloway said:

I had to predraft as I am leaving on a work trip today. I need an RB badly so I put a placeholder name and will take whichever is left when it gets to me of:

1) Jamaal Williams Rookie

2) Mixon Rookie

You got Jamal Williams

I'll take Mixon with 10.12

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

No way houston pays him all that money and they dont give him one more year....

maybe, we'll see.

but I was joking. 

Two rookies, which is more than I usually take but what the hell...

Bortles, Blake JAC QB    
Mariota, Marcus TEN QB 
Gurley, Todd RAM RB    
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 
Mixon, Joe ROOK RB
Beckham, Odell NYG WR    
Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR    
Meredith, Cameron CHI WR    
Williams, Mike ROOK WR
Walker, Delanie TEN TE

probably a little higher risk than I usually go.  But winning takes risk. 

1 hour ago, FUBAR said:

Two rookies, which is more than I usually take but what the hell...

Bortles, Blake JAC QB    
Mariota, Marcus TEN QB 
Gurley, Todd RAM RB    
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB 
Mixon, Joe ROOK RB
Beckham, Odell NYG WR    
Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR    
Meredith, Cameron CHI WR    
Williams, Mike ROOK WR
Walker, Delanie TEN TE

probably a little higher risk than I usually go.  But winning takes risk. 

Not too big on this team. 

Hemingway, Temarrick RAM TE   =  OJ Howard TE Rookie

45 minutes ago, Crippler said:

Not too big on this team. 

I'll take that as a good sign ;)

18 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

I'll take that as a good sign ;)

I would for sure. Almost put that in the first time but thought of it after I posted.

1 person likes this

I know this RB draft class is supposed to be deep and all, but ... eight rookie RBs in the first 10 rounds? That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I know this RB draft class is supposed to be deep and all, but ... eight rookie RBs in the first 10 rounds? That's a bold strategy, Cotton.

They're copying my strategy...

BASSNBREW - IMMUNE WK4,5,6,9,11,12, OUT WK15
PLAYER YTD PTS BYE DRAFTED
Cousins, Kirk WAS QB 429.45 9 FA
Dalton, Andy CIN QB 360.70 9 FA
Booker, Devontae DEN RB 148.70 11 FA
Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB 327.40 7 FA
Henry, Derrick TEN RB 105.70 13 FA
Howard, Jordan CHI RB 232.10 9 FA
Spiller, C.J. FA RB 18.80 - FA
Baldwin, Doug SEA WR 255.75 5 FA
Brown, Antonio PIT WR 307.30 8 FA
Coleman, Corey CLE WR 93.30 13 FA
Fuller, Will HOU WR 122.20 9 FA
Richardson, Paul SEA WR 56.30 5 FA
Thomas, Michael NOS WR 259.70 5 FA
Treadwell, Laquon MIN WR (Q) 2.50 6 FA
Henry, Hunter SDC TE 167.80 11 FA
Reed, Jordan WAS TE 236.60 9 FA
Aguayo, Roberto TBB PK 98.00 6 FA
Carpenter, Dan BUF PK 97.00 10 FA
Cardinals, Arizona ARI Def 152.00 9 FA
Chiefs, Kansas City KCC Def 158.00 5 FA
20 TOTAL PLAYERS

5 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

They're copying my strategy...

I remember seeing that team when you drafted it but it never occurred to me to go back and check on your progress during the season. That's ####ing jaw-dropping ... a draft held before the combine, never mind the actual draft, and you hit on 9 out of 10 guys even though a bunch of them were in the double-digit rounds.

Seriously, if I ever wanted to apply for an NFL scouting job after that, I'd just print out a copy of that draft log, put my name on top, and call it my résumé.

All those other te I was looking at did not make it back. McDonald, clay and Howard. Makes me feel better about jumping on Te run

i thought Howe still had some not bad choices but no longer

1 hour ago, Crippler said:

All those other te I was looking at did not make it back. McDonald, clay and Howard. Makes me feel better about jumping on Te run

i thought Howe still had some not bad choices but no longer

There's two guys left I could see taking and hope to get 16 games out of, total. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

I remember seeing that team when you drafted it but it never occurred to me to go back and check on your progress during the season. That's ####ing jaw-dropping ... a draft held before the combine, never mind the actual draft, and you hit on 9 out of 10 guys even though a bunch of them were in the double-digit rounds.

Seriously, if I ever wanted to apply for an NFL scouting job after that, I'd just print out a copy of that draft log, put my name on top, and call it my résumé.

I followed the crap out of NCAA last year when NCAA dfs was legal.  Antonio Brown ended up costing me a championship.  Over 150 10 weeks.  7 immunities and high score 9 weeks if Brown hadn't hosed me.  The rookies had burned people the prior couple of years so our group as a whole was down on rookies, but the talent last year was tremendous.  These guys were men among boys in the college game.

22 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I followed the crap out of NCAA last year when NCAA dfs was legal.  Antonio Brown ended up costing me a championship.  Over 150 10 weeks.  7 immunities and high score 9 weeks if Brown hadn't hosed me.  The rookies had burned people the prior couple of years so our group as a whole was down on rookies, but the talent last year was tremendous.  These guys were men among boys in the college game.

I remember drafting against you and thinking your draft was shtick.  Good job. 

29 minutes ago, FUBAR said:

I remember drafting against you and thinking your draft was shtick.  Good job. 

Well after I did have 5 or 6 on my roster I did defer to rooks when it was a coin toss to get to double digits.

1 person likes this

58 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

our group??

25 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

our group??

our group = This group of drafters that does these leagues.  Lots of talk about how rookies were being over drafted.  Someone even posted detailed and convincing stats about how rookies in these drafts were usually poor values.  It was convincing enough that I had avoided rookies for a couple of years.  Used to be that top RBs were money and then we hit a stretch of years that they didn't do much their first year.

13 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

our group = This group of drafters that does these leagues.  Lots of talk about how rookies were being over drafted.  Someone even posted detailed and convincing stats about how rookies in these drafts were usually poor values.  It was convincing enough that I had avoided rookies for a couple of years.  Used to be that top RBs were money and then we hit a stretch of years that they didn't do much their first year.

oh ok ....

anyway I'll roll the dice on Jamaal Charles in round11

fyi...changed my last draft pick as I didn't take the guy I had intended it.

Alex Ellis is Evan Engram TE.  Going with 2 rookie TEs can't be a bad thing can it? :loco::banned: