Yenrub

2017 New York football Giants thread

613 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

It's been a massive holding pattern for everyone it seems. Giants look like they plan to play Shep more outside (don't like it) and also use a lot of Cody Latimer (hate it). I would hope they sign a vet slot guy, because not sure I trust RLJr.

I think in 2 WR sets Shepard will be on the outside opposite OBJ. In 3 WR sets Shepard will move to the slot, Latimer will come off the bench and go outside.

Again just my guess

51 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I think in 2 WR sets Shepard will be on the outside opposite OBJ. In 3 WR sets Shepard will move to the slot, Latimer will come off the bench and go outside.

Again just my guess

That makes the most sense. I'm not sure I like Shep playing so much outside (inside Shep/Engram combo is more threatening) or Latimer anywhere (this guy couldn't click with Peyton?)

Ideally, Shep plays the slot. Latimer is a bum, and the Giants are paper thin at WR, so they have to line him up outside. If only there was a veteran WR they could sign to play opposite Beckham, moving Shepard to the slot for good.

1 person likes this

Giants select Sam Beal CB Western Michigan in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft

1 hour ago, Yenrub said:

Giants select Sam Beal CB Western Michigan in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft

The G-Men surrender a 2019 third-round pick to take Beal. At 6'1/185, Beal was forced to leave Western Michigan for academic reasons. He was projected as a top-five player at his position heading into next year's draft, so this could be a steal for the Giants if it pans out. Beal has yet to turn 22 years old and is fresh off a 4.47 forty and 37-inch vertical at his Pro Day. Beal should compete with the likes of William Gay for snaps behind Janoris Jenkins and possibly Eli Apple. The talent is there for Beal to make an immediate impact, though corner is a tough NFL transition. Beal is obviously already behind after not taking part in spring work.

So basically he's very talented but possibly a big dummy. Ok size and great speed.

17 hours ago, The Frankman said:

So basically he's very talented but possibly a big dummy. Ok size and great speed.

Sounds like Eli Apple.

On 6/25/2018 at 6:38 PM, Jello_Biafra said:

Ideally, Shep plays the slot. Latimer is a bum, and the Giants are paper thin at WR, so they have to line him up outside. If only there was a veteran WR they could sign to play opposite Beckham, moving Shepard to the slot for good.

Hmmm...

On 7/11/2018 at 3:44 PM, The Frankman said:

6'1" is Good size not OK and he was projected to be a top 5 corner in 2019 ... it's a potentially great pick for a 3rd rounder.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:57 PM, Mystery Achiever said:

McAdoo surfaces to speak to the Post.

Team made a lot of moves he wanted and thinks they win the division.
https://nypost.com/2018/07/12/ben-mcadoo-breaks-his-silence-on-a-giants-team-hes-loving/

Nice things to say about the pass catchers
https://nypost.com/2018/07/12/fired-giants-coach-thinks-odell-beckham-decision-is-easy/

McAdoo questions how much success Philly has had. Well, prior to last season, in the previous 17 seasons:

-11 winning seasons

-2 8-8 seasons

- 4 losing seasons (2 of which were 7-9)

So the Eagles may not win the division this year, but I doubt it will be because the organization does not know how to handle success.

I now have to worry about the Giants because McAdoo is no longer their head coach.

Just now, dhockster said:

I now have to worry about the Giants because McAdoo is no longer their head coach.

And replaced by a former Eagles OC.