Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Yenrub

2017 New York football Giants thread

Recommended Posts

It's weird seeing all the guys with Barkley and OBJr. on their teams wanting Eli gone. They think Barkley and Odell will be better with the Immortal Alex Tanney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Since trading Damon Harrison, the Giants are allowing 152.3 rushing yards per game and 4.9 yards per carry after allowing 113.8 rushing yards per game and 4.3 yards per carry prior.

Holy Schnikes that's not good for the tandem of B.J. Hill and Dalvin Tomlinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Ravens waived OL Hroniss Grasu.

Grasu was a healthy scratch most of the year. He made a Week 8 appearance at left guard for Bradley Bozeman and has been a starter for parts of the last three seasons. We'd expect Grassu to get claimed by an offensive line needy team.

Get on it Giants. I mean they need a tackle more than anything but OL depth is needed.

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok who is excited for today? Could the the game that makes December worth watching. If they can give Eli 3-4 seconds and not have him die the 1st half like the last 2 games, they have a shot. The key is not having him drop back 50 times; sure the secondary is almost all hurt but Saquon is a tremendous weapon and the Eagles Run D isn't as good as the stats say. Keep trotting out 2-3 TEs and get Engram involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Ok who is excited for today? Could the the game that makes December worth watching. If they can give Eli 3-4 seconds and not have him die the 1st half like the last 2 games, they have a shot. The key is not having him drop back 50 times; sure the secondary is almost all hurt but Saquon is a tremendous weapon and the Eagles Run D isn't as good as the stats say. Keep trotting out 2-3 TEs and get Engram involved.

Cautiously optimistic. The Eagles secondary is banged up but it won't mean a thing if the Giants OL can't handle the very good Eagles DL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2018 at 8:49 AM, monk said:

All of these guys were drafted outside of the first round since 2010. Wilson and even Foles have won a SuperBowl ... No QB drafted in the 1st round since 2010 has done that 

  •  Russell Wilson, Wisconsin
  •  Derek Carr, Fresno State
  • Andy Dalton, TCU
  • Colin Kaepernick, Nevada
  • Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
  • Dak Prescott, Mississippi State
  • Nick Foles, Arizona
  • Tyrod Taylor, Virginia Tech
  • Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois

 

Only one of those, Wilson has been a consistent winning QB. Compare those QB's to Luck, Wentz, Goff, Mahomes, Watson. I would rather take my chance with a 1st rounder since it is the most important position to get right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jello_Biafra said:

Wrong link.

Fixed. Also I just saw the tripping penalty monk was clamoring about. JESUS.

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Fixed. Also I just saw the tripping penalty monk was clamoring about. JESUS.

They were talking about it on the FAN yesterday ... Boomer couldn't believe that it wasn't called.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 9:34 AM, dhockster said:

Only one of those, Wilson has been a consistent winning QB. Compare those QB's to Luck, Wentz, Goff, Mahomes,

On 11/26/2018 at 9:34 AM, dhockster said:

Only one of those, Wilson has been a consistent winning QB. Compare those QB's to Luck, Wentz, Goff, Mahomes, Watson. I would rather take my chance with a 1st rounder since it is the most important position to get right. 

. I would rather take my chance with a 1st rounder since it is the most important position to get right. 

  • Dalton has a slightly higher win % than Wentz
  • Dak has a higher win % than Luck 
  • Garrapolo win % is higher than Watson and just below Mahomes (Though none of the 3 have enough of a track record) nor does Goff
  • Foles win % in Philly is higher than Wentz and he has won a SB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monk said:
  • Dalton has a slightly higher win % than Wentz
  • Dak has a higher win % than Luck 
  • Garrapolo win % is higher than Watson and just below Mahomes (Though none of the 3 have enough of a track record) nor does Goff
  • Foles win % in Philly is higher than Wentz and he has won a SB

Yes, because winning % is the true measure of how good a QB is. You can have Dalton, Dak, Garrapolo, and Foles. I will take the others and be very happy.

As a Giants fan, who would you rather play against Foles or Wentz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dhockster said:

Yes, because winning % is the true measure of how good a QB is. You can have Dalton, Dak, Garrapolo, and Foles. I will take the others and be very happy.

As a Giants fan, who would you rather play against Foles or Wentz?

Ummm ...you said those others aren't  "consistent winning QBs" and now winning doesn't matter?

Foles or Wentz? Coin toss ... the Giants would lose to the Eagles if Nathan Peterman was their QB

Ask the Pats if they would do the SB over with Wentz @ QB  ...i'm sure they'd be all for it

Edited by monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Chargers released RT Joseph Barksdale.

Barksdale battled early-season knee problems and was inactive for Sunday night's win over Pittsburgh for personal reasons. The Chargers will move forward with 2017 sixth-round pick Sam Tevi as their starting right tackle. If 29-year-old Barksdale still wants to play, he shouldn't struggle to find work.

Hey Giants ... get on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Hey Giants ... get on it.

Agreed. The OLine needs to get a pipeline moving. At times Manning had time to throw yesterday, other times? Eeeesh.  

 

Happy about the win, but boy, they made it hard on themselves so many different ways.

 

And a special "hate you very much" to the NFL. Fox went to the Patsies game at the start of OT. I never got to see to the end of the game due to NFL broadcasting rules. I've been hurt by this both ways this season. First it was the Colts OT that stepped on the Giants broadcast and yesterday it was the Pats. Grrr. Living within the Patriots broadcast shadow is and has been annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IrishTwinkie said:

Agreed. The OLine needs to get a pipeline moving. At times Manning had time to throw yesterday, other times? Eeeesh.  

 

Happy about the win, but boy, they made it hard on themselves so many different ways.

 

And a special "hate you very much" to the NFL. Fox went to the Patsies game at the start of OT. I never got to see to the end of the game due to NFL broadcasting rules. I've been hurt by this both ways this season. First it was the Colts OT that stepped on the Giants broadcast and yesterday it was the Pats. Grrr. Living within the Patriots broadcast shadow is and has been annoying.

Same here bro. I am willing to bet there's a large contingency of fans in this market who would have preferred to see the end of the Giants game if it meant only missing a little bit of the first quarter. I know as an NFL fan, let alone Giants, I'd prefer to see the end of a good game than the first several minutes of my team's 1st quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Cardinals signed OT Joe Barksdale.

LT D.J. Humphries was sent to injured reserve in a corresponding move. Barksdale had early-season knee issues with the Chargers and then lost his starting job to Sam Tevi before the Bolts released him on Monday. 30 next month, Barksdale has been more than serviceable in recent years.

Oh come ON Giants you could've shored up right tackle!

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Oh come ON Giants you could've shored up right tackle!

I think the Cardinals had a higher waiver wire priority 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone still think the Giants should have drafted Darnold over Saquon ?

Eli's having one of the best years of his career and looks like he has another couple left in him. 

If the Giants draft all O'line and Defense next year and sign a good FA or two they are right there.  They need a RT and Center on offense and an End Rusher S or Corner on defense

Edited by monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the tough start to the season it’s good to see that Shurmur hasn’t lost the team and that they are still playing hard.

Based on who they beat I don’t think we have learned anything about how good they can be next season but it’s nice to see they are still playing hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monk said:

Anyone still think the Giants should have drafted Darnold over Saquon ?

Eli's having one of the best years of his career and looks like he has another couple left in him. 

If the Giants draft all O'line and Defense next year and sign a good FA or two they are right there.  They need a RT and Center on offense and an End Rusher S or Corner on defense

Smoke and mirrors. Cratering YPA and no deep arm strength anymore + no athleticism, he might have a year left if the Giants legit put a lot more work into the line next year (draft 2 OL in the first 3-4 rounds, sign a 3rd as a FA). Otherwise go after Teddy B. Also Shurmur has to stick to the gameplan: Eli as game manager and work Saquon first, then allow Eli to spread it around (no locking in on OBJr.)

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Smoke and mirrors. Cratering YPA and no deep arm strength anymore + no athleticism, he might have a year left if the Giants legit put a lot more work into the line next year (draft 2 OL in the first 3-4 rounds, sign a 3rd as a FA). Otherwise go after Teddy B. Also Shurmur has to stick to the gameplan: Eli as game manager and work Saquon first, then allow Eli to spread it around (no locking in on OBJr.)

I agree somewhat but this is the first time in years (maybe ever) that Eli has had the benefit of a high %  low risk passing game. I think he has looked sharp as hell in the short to mid passing game. He threw a bullet TD to Fowler while rolling right yesterday. 

Brady has been doing that for years with TE's , Slot receivers and RB's and he's considered the GOAT. Brady's not mobile either but he rarely gets touched ... Eli is doing this behind one of the worst lines in the NFL.  

Eli's obviously not Brady but he is definitely in the top 3rd of QBs and we know he is capable of winning the big game and that he will stay healthy. Not many QBs you could say the same.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.