Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Yenrub

Infinite New York football Giants thread

Lots of Saquon Barkley Giants love all over the place .... I love it !!! 

Saquon is the best RB prospect since AP and appears to be a great well rounded guy ...humble and well spoken. Would luv to see the giants call his name at #2 ... https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Evan-Engram-Its-over-if-the-Giants-draft-Saquon-Barkley-115718336

they would obviously need to sign 1 or 2 stud olinemen and we could get by with Eli for a year or two and pray that Davis Webb turns out to be legit

52 minutes ago, monk said:

Lots of Saquon Barkley Giants love all over the place .... I love it !!! 

Saquon is the best RB prospect since AP and appears to be a great well rounded guy ...humble and well spoken. Would luv to see the giants call his name at #2 ... https://247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Bolt/Evan-Engram-Its-over-if-the-Giants-draft-Saquon-Barkley-115718336

they would obviously need to sign 1 or 2 stud olinemen and we could get by with Eli for a year or two and pray that Davis Webb turns out to be legit

Jason La Canfora seems to think the Bills will trade Cordy Glenn to the Giants for a 4th round pick.

I guess that would be a good start toward building the OL but Glenn hasn’t finished either of the last 2 seasons due to injury

2 hours ago, Yenrub said:

Jason La Canfora seems to think the Bills will trade Cordy Glenn to the Giants for a 4th round pick.

I guess that would be a good start toward building the OL but Glenn hasn’t finished either of the last 2 seasons due to injury

It would have to be a lot more than Cordy Glenn who will be 29 this season ... to move from 21 to 4 the bills would have to give both of their 1st round pick 21 & 22 as well.

9 minutes ago, monk said:

It would have to be a lot more than Cordy Glenn who will be 29 this season ... to move from 21 to 4 the bills would have to give both of their 1st round pick 21 & 22 as well.

Read it again. 

24 minutes ago, Jello_Biafra said:

Read it again. 

Ahhh ! In that case do it now 

There's little doubt that Barkley will be a star, but would he elevate the team as a whole? I'd rather move down to Tampa Bay's #7 and use that pick to draft the last remaining QB of the top talent this year (Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, and maybe Allen after his performance this weekend), then get an offensive lineman in the second with an extra pick. The existing second rounder can be used for a LB. Then the Giants can snatch up a solid RB from free agency like Dion Lewis if current management thinks Darkwa/Gallman won't suffice, but they may be just enough if the OL can be merely good next year. This plan seems like a "win now" move to get the OL solidified and also plan for the future when Manning retires. Putting Barkley behind a swiss cheese OL will yield some spectacular highlight reel plays, but more likely lead to an inconsistent offense that can't go deep into the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, fruity pebbles said:

Add Barkley and a couple good olinemen and this is a top 5 scoring offense. 

There will be no way to stop both Barkley and OBJ. Eli still has time. I don't hear anyone chirping about the Steelers replacing Ben, or LAC replacing Rivers, both of which were drafted with Eli. At the very least, the Giants will be an exciting team to watch if they take Barkley.

2 hours ago, stuckinthemuck said:

There's little doubt that Barkley will be a star, but would he elevate the team as a whole? I'd rather move down to Tampa Bay's #7 and use that pick to draft the last remaining QB of the top talent this year (Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold, and maybe Allen after his performance this weekend), then get an offensive lineman in the second with an extra pick. The existing second rounder can be used for a LB. Then the Giants can snatch up a solid RB from free agency like Dion Lewis if current management thinks Darkwa/Gallman won't suffice, but they may be just enough if the OL can be merely good next year. This plan seems like a "win now" move to get the OL solidified and also plan for the future when Manning retires. Putting Barkley behind a swiss cheese OL will yield some spectacular highlight reel plays, but more likely lead to an inconsistent offense that can't go deep into the playoffs. 

If they make moves in free agency to build the OL I could see them taking a chance on Barkley (if he lasts to #2)

Trade for Glenn + Sign Norwell or Sitton during free agency would be a good start to rebuilding the OL.

Remember Darkwa put up and impressive 4.4 yards per carry behind the pool Giants OL last season.

So far I am liking what I am seeing from Gettleman and Shurmur. I am feeling more comfortable that these guys understand how to build a team than I ever did with Reese and McAdoo. The "hog-mollies" line cracks me up.

The thing I have is RB is a position the Giants aren't hurting at right now. With a "below average" line we saw Darkwa and Wayne Gallman look ok most of the time, and I really like Gallman's ability as a pass catcher. If the Giants go all out on the O-Line I don't think there's any reason the running game couldn't flourish. If they decide not to draft a QB at #2, trade that pick down and get multiple picks to address O-Line and dare I say it... a stud cover LB in the first 2 rounds?

WR shouldn't be an issue with Beckham/Sheperd/RLJr./King (cut BMarsh and save on the cap). There isn't really a need to draft on O for the Giants if they skip on QB outside of the O-Line. Giants seem to be going after Andrew Norwell, and you pair him with a couple of good rooks + Pugh... now that's a revamp.

ESPN's Jordan Raanan did not rule out the possibility of the Giants having five new starters on the offensive line.

RT Justin Pugh, C Weston Richburg, and RG D.J. Fluker are all free agents, LG John Jerry is just a replacement-level player, and LT Ereck Flowers has struggled each of his three seasons in the league. It seems unlikely there is that much turnover on the unit, but the line certainly will be one of new GM Dave Gettleman's top priorities this offseason.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, The Frankman said:

The thing I have is RB is a position the Giants aren't hurting at right now. With a "below average" line we saw Darkwa and Wayne Gallman look ok most of the time, and I really like Gallman's ability as a pass catcher. If the Giants go all out on the O-Line I don't think there's any reason the running game couldn't flourish. If they decide not to draft a QB at #2, trade that pick down and get multiple picks to address O-Line and dare I say it... a stud cover LB in the first 2 rounds?

WR shouldn't be an issue with Beckham/Sheperd/RLJr./King (cut BMarsh and save on the cap). There isn't really a need to draft on O for the Giants if they skip on QB outside of the O-Line. Giants seem to be going after Andrew Norwell, and you pair him with a couple of good rooks + Pugh... now that's a revamp.

I don't follow names so much, but the talk regarding the PennState RB is the only sour note I am hearing. I agree with you, I don't think RB is where they need to be looking at right now. I can understand the interest in QB and thats justified. But I'd love to see some OL and LB picks.

The Giants are switching to a 3-4 hybrid defense so they trade 2 picks for an extremely overpaid LB who is a terrible fit for the 3-4.  Brilliant!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zeeshan2 said:

Rams trading LB Alec Ogletree to the New York Giants for two 2018 draft picks, per league source. 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/971489536164417537

Wow Ogletree is a good get. Probably the best cover LB Giants have had in ages, and for a 4th (compensatory) and 6th? And the Giants get the Rams' 2019 seventh-round pick. I was just clamoring for a stud cover LB and Giants got one. Pair him with B.J. Goodson and that's NICE. 

Is he overpaid? Sure, but you overpay young ascending players nowadays.

Edited by The Frankman

1 hour ago, The Frankman said:

Wow Ogletree is a good get. Probably the best cover LB Giants have had in ages, and for a 4th (compensatory) and 6th? And the Giants get the Rams' 2019 seventh-round pick. I was just clamoring for a stud cover LB and Giants got one. Pair him with B.J. Goodson and that's NICE. 

Is he overpaid? Sure, but you overpay young ascending players nowadays.

Ogletree is awesome ... I wanted the Giants to draft him ...instead they got Pughed upon

1 hour ago, RC94 said:

The Giants are switching to a 3-4 hybrid defense so they trade 2 picks for an extremely overpaid LB who is a terrible fit for the 3-4.  Brilliant!

Maybe the best linebacker the Giants have had since the 80s

1 hour ago, monk said:

Maybe the best linebacker the Giants have had since the 80s

Ogletree on his best day is nowhere near as good as Jessie Armstead was. 

Edited by travdogg

30 minutes ago, travdogg said:

Ogletree on his best day is nowhere near as good as Jessie Armstead was. 

Did we forget Antonio Pierce?

Just my $.02, but I see a trade with BUF.  They would like a top QB and the #21 #22 should yield a couple quality linemen & future picks.

1 hour ago, Yenrub said:

Did we forget Antonio Pierce?

Ogletree is as good as Armsted and better than Pierce ....Pierce was real overrated 

15 minutes ago, monk said:

Ogletree is as good as Armsted and better than Pierce ....Pierce was real overrated 

We saw a lot of different things in Ogletree. I thought he was one of the worst players on the Rams defense. I was blown away he got extended last year.Maybe a change of scenery will help, and I think very highly of Gettleman, but Ogletree won't be missed by the Rams at all.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, monk said:

Come on dude

Alec Ogletree is PFF's lowest graded player on the Rams defense in 2017

Here are his PFF grades since coming into the league

2013 – 75.2

2014 – 48.2

2015 – 45.3

2016 – 49.5

2017 – 38.9

So tell me again how is he better than Pierce was?

• Like 1

Ogletree seems to be a guy who has a reputation with fans around the league that far exceeds what people who watch him closely see. I think it's because for such a long time, he was included among the ridiculous "this is how much the Rams ended up getting for RGIII" storyline. 

• Like 4

If the Giants aren't going QB at 2, the smart play is to trade down.  Quenton Nelson or whomever they have as the #1 rated OT would be a good pick if they trade down.  To win in the playoffs you need to win in the trenches.  

On 3/7/2018 at 9:41 PM, travdogg said:

We saw a lot of different things in Ogletree. I thought he was one of the worst players on the Rams defense. I was blown away he got extended last year.Maybe a change of scenery will help, and I think very highly of Gettleman, but Ogletree won't be missed by the Rams at all.

Prior to his injury he was a stud ... maybe he never recovered?

Norwell signed with the Jags, Cordy Glenn traded to Cincy ...what now? 

I have no idea what the Giants plan to do for an offensive line. Want to see something scary ...

• LT    1. Ereck Flowers
    • 2. Laurence Gibson
    • 3. Jessamen Dunker
  • LG    1. John Jerry
    • 2. Damien Mama
    • 3. Ethan Cooper
  • C    1. Brett Jones
  • RG    1. Jon Halapio
    • 2. John Greco
    • 3. Kristjan Sokoli
  • RT    1. Chad Wheeler
    • 2. Adam Bisnowaty
    • 3. Nick Becton

This may be the worst offensive line ever put together 

Really not at all impressed with Gettleman.  Pretty bad start to the offseason IMO.

richburg was lousy let him go..you know , it makes sense for NYG to trade with Bills, get the #12 and 21st overall picks,and maybe a 3rd or 4th for the #2..

ND Q. Nelson will be there at 12.that's really REALLY who the Giants need, anyways..then get another lineman with the 21st..then a RB with the 34th..

they should also trade OBJ and get another top end 1st round pick and a 2nd or 3rd..( Indy?) OBJ is a cancer on this team,they have a losing record in games he goes over 100 yards.thecoke and booze and pot photo isn't going to help him either.. 

I wished they traded him last offseason but now's the time to it..

I like Barkley but they need line help in the worst way.

8 hours ago, Yenrub said:

Giants signing Jonathan Stewart 

Horrible

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

richburg was lousy let him go..you know , it makes sense for NYG to trade with Bills, get the #12 and 21st overall picks,and maybe a 3rd or 4th for the #2..

ND Q. Nelson will be there at 12.that's really REALLY who the Giants need, anyways..then get another lineman with the 21st..then a RB with the 34th..

they should also trade OBJ and get another top end 1st round pick and a 2nd or 3rd..( Indy?) OBJ is a cancer on this team,they have a losing record in games he goes over 100 yards.thecoke and booze and pot photo isn't going to help him either.. 

I agree with trading OBJ ... I said this a while ago when he and that fruity Punter were hugging and crying together.

They should have traded him to the Browns for one of their 1st rounders then they could have traded out down with the Bills for their 12 and 21st picks ... They could have ended up with Barkley and Nelson and still had another 1st rounder for whatever they wanted to take QB WR or Olineman

15 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

I have read that he is well like by his teammates and that he practices hard and plays hard. How is he a cancer?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I have read that he is well like by his teammates and that he practices hard and plays hard. How is he a cancer?

Is this really what you want representing your team? He's a phenomenal player but when did a WR ever make that much of a difference ... He hasn't come up big when we need him. If it's not him it would be someone else  

https://www.google.com/search?q=odell+and+brad+wind+crying&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS769US770&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM%3A%2CzYsPYvJbQKFxEM%2C_&usg=__PDFhRf6qBiI2olJkl3fpqipEncM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjesO-20OzZAhWkzVkKHeaGB1kQ9QEILjAD#imgrc=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM:

54 minutes ago, monk said:

Is this really what you want representing your team? He's a phenomenal player but when did a WR ever make that much of a difference ... He hasn't come up big when we need him. If it's not him it would be someone else  

https://www.google.com/search?q=odell+and+brad+wind+crying&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS769US770&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM%3A%2CzYsPYvJbQKFxEM%2C_&usg=__PDFhRf6qBiI2olJkl3fpqipEncM%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjesO-20OzZAhWkzVkKHeaGB1kQ9QEILjAD#imgrc=P_lkYWLsuP-AiM:

... Did I really read this?

Flowers to LG or RT?     I'm seeing rumors of bills moving up, not sure i want #12 (+ whatever else) for #2, but i'm not sold on any of these QBs at #2.     

4 hours ago, monk said:

Are you serious? The guy cried on the sideline so the Giants should trade him?

Yes he had a terrible game in his 1st ever playoff game and yes he wears his “emotions on his sleeve” neither of those things are anywhere close enough for me want him gone

313 receptions 4,424 yards and 38 TD’s in 47 games to put it lightly is damn good production

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Flowers to LG or RT?     I'm seeing rumors of bills moving up, not sure i want #12 (+ whatever else) for #2, but i'm not sold on any of these QBs at #2.     

I feel like he could be a better guard but either way they improved 2 positions with this signing . They still have a ways to go on th eoline

13 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Per the value chart

#2 = 2600

#12 = 1200

#21 = 800

The difference between the Giants pick and the Bills 2 1st round picks is 600 points

600 points = #31

Ok Giants fans question for you after the Jets traded for #3. How much would you feel good about getting to move down to 12 with the Bills? Or are you 100% against that? I'm assuming it would be an offer of 12, 22, 2019 1st plus a few 2nds, or maybe even 2020 1st? 

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

Ok Giants fans question for you after the Jets traded for #3. How much would you feel good about getting to move down to 12 with the Bills? Or are you 100% against that? I'm assuming it would be an offer of 12, 22, 2019 1st plus a few 2nds, or maybe even 2020 1st? 

I luv the idea but there are 2 or 3 players that I really want that wont be available at 12 ... maybe is they could get some picks and trade back up into the top 6 or so

I would want one of Saquon or Nelson ... as far as QBs I would want either Josh Allen or Mayfield ... I want nothing to do with Darnell or Rosen .

Really wish they would trade OBJ ... then we could really load up. Try to land Saquon, Nelson and a QB or Ridley