Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Yenrub

Infinite New York football Giants thread

1 hour ago, monk said:

Because I watched Vernon very closely this past season and he was a dog.  He made zero effort on a lot of plays ... Particularly runs to his side. He basically quit the second a runner got outside of him.

You really believe that about Beckham ... You don't trust your own eyes??

I haven't hear many teammates say anything bad about Antonio Brown ... I don't have to 

Possibly Kyler Murray if he drops to them ...Other than that ...I'll trade up next year fro at least 3 QBs who are better than Haskins, Dranold, or Rosen next year.

I'd trade a 3 for Rosen

Yes I believe that about Beckham

My eyes tell me he is a hard working guy that always shows his emotions obviously sometimes to a fault. They tell me that he is a weird cat, flamboyant but not malicious. Management didn’t know how to deal with him but I don’t think many of his teammates had issues with him

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/experts-heap-praise-on-dwayne-haskins-after-pro-day-visits-set-up-with-giants-4-other-teams/305469922

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/1108420954827489285

b-b-but Giants weren't paying attention! No one watched him... Ignore the smoke guys. Dunno how many draft guys you want that like Haskins' makeup and work ethic (Bucky Brooks, Louis Riddick, etc.) but with two firsts you gotta get Haskins. There is no guarantee Giants will be bad enough to be in the running for Tua in 2020.

Giants coach Pat Shurmur wants to find Eli Manning's successor "sooner than later."

Shurmur hopes the Giants' quarterback-of-the-future can sit behind Manning for a year before taking over. Earlier this offseason, GM Dave Gettleman praised "the Chiefs' model" of Patrick Mahomes sitting behind Alex Smith for a season before getting the starting job. There have been rumors the Giants will pass on a quarterback in the first round, but these comments make it seem like they are looking to draft their next quarterback this year.

It's going to be Haskins or Lock.

Edited by The Frankman

How pumped are you guys knowing that you have Barkley to watch next year.  I know I'll be watching any chance I get.

3 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

How pumped are you guys knowing that you have Barkley to watch next year.  I know I'll be watching any chance I get.

We'll watch Barkley continually facing a stacked line of seven defenders who can play close to the line of scrimmage. The other receivers are all going to be in single coverage because Eli can't throw more than twenty yards any more. What a waste of Barkley's talent. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Is this supposed to be funny?

Eli Manning Film Analysis (The Problem With The Giants Offense)

This is a pretty legit breakdown of current Eli Manning and the Giants O. Like... I'm one of the few Giants fans not on either side of the spectrum. I look at the opinions and while I think that saying he can be "solid" is a stretch, there is NO REASON he can't be a decent game manager with the weapons he has and a (big point here) better O line that can give him 3 effing seconds to survey the field. This guy brought up some very good points in his analysis that as I Giants fan I can't really deny.

Edited by The Frankman

2 hours ago, stuckinthemuck said:

We'll watch Barkley continually facing a stacked line of seven defenders who can play close to the line of scrimmage. The other receivers are all going to be in single coverage because Eli can't throw more than twenty yards any more. What a waste of Barkley's talent. 

Would be much more fun to watch with Odell on the outside and Barkley in the backfield. I like the trade for Zeitler but not the one for Peppers

2 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Would be much more fun to watch with Odell on the outside and Barkley in the backfield. I like the trade for Zeitler but not the one for Peppers

Peppers would need to transform into Collins-lite and that pick be a solid contributor in order for that trade to be marginally ok. Even with star WR value being depressed, it was to this point a bad haul.

19 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Peppers would need to transform into Collins-lite and that pick be a solid contributor in order for that trade to be marginally ok. Even with star WR value being depressed, it was to this point a bad haul.

Collins-lite? PFF had Peppers rated quite a bit higher than Collins in 2018 . Peppers is much better in coverage  ... and that was everyones biggest complaint about Collins.

Peppers is going to be great for the Giants ... he loves Jersey having Won 4 HS State Championships (in Giant Stadium). He has only been playing Safty for 2 Years and made huge strides from his rookie year to Soph year ... He is  more athletic than Collins 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-jabrill-peppers-adds-value-to-giants-defense-can-fill-landon-collins-shoes-in-2019

1 hour ago, monk said:

Collins-lite? PFF had Peppers rated quite a bit higher than Collins in 2018 . Peppers is much better in coverage  ... and that was everyones biggest complaint about Collins.

Peppers is going to be great for the Giants ... he loves Jersey having Won 4 HS State Championships (in Giant Stadium). He has only been playing Safty for 2 Years and made huge strides from his rookie year to Soph year ... He is  more athletic than Collins 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-jabrill-peppers-adds-value-to-giants-defense-can-fill-landon-collins-shoes-in-2019

For this trade to work out for the Giants, Peppers and the 17th pick BOTH MUST be GREAT and the 3rd round pick needs to be good.

15 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

For this trade to work out for the Giants, Peppers and the 17th pick BOTH MUST be GREAT and the 3rd round pick needs to be good.

I dunno ... Giants 25-34 with Odell  and 0-1 in the playoffs ... i dont think they'll be any worse without him 

6 minutes ago, monk said:

I dunno ... Giants 25-34 with Odell  and 0-1 in the playoffs ... i dont think they'll be any worse without him 

The Giants record in games without Odell since he was drafted is 6 wins – 15 losses which is a winning % of .285.

Their record in games with him is 25-34 which is a winning % of .423.

They never had a good OL to go with Odell. They seem like they are putting together a nice line. It would have been nice to see what they could have done with a nice line, OBJ and Saquon.

4 hours ago, Jello_Biafra said:

Is this supposed to be funny?

No. Why?

4 hours ago, Yenrub said:

What is going on with Peppers and the Cleveland police?

ABC Cleveland reports the NFL's investigation into Jabrill Peppers does not involve Peppers as the suspect in a crime.

ABC Cleveland's initial reporting proved to be misleading. Peppers had a gun stolen by a woman who later turned up dead. Peppers is not a suspect. The NFL appears to merely be doing its due diligence into a frightening situation. The league has thus far declined comment on the matter.

On a side note, Peppers needs to report/register his guns, NY does not play around with unregistered weapons (Plaxico Burres/Raymond Felton).

10 hours ago, Yenrub said:

What is going on with Peppers and the Cleveland police?

Its an old story from awhile back.  

The NFL asked the CPD to provide information on the case is all.

NFL requests info from Cleveland police involving Giants' Jabrill Peppers Police said the safety is not a suspect in any incident

The NFL requested two reports from Cleveland Police last week for information involving Giants safety Jabrill Peppers, 

----------------------------------------------------

Clickbait but it says in the headline that it was the NFL asking for info and had nothing to do with the incident that took place awhile back.

Nothing to see here.:coffee:

Offseason workouts started today. Reports are that only 1 player was not there.

Sterling Shepard signed and extension and Coleman signed his tender 

9 hours ago, Ben & Jerry's said:

Giants are gonna take Haskins @ 1.17

If he does actually fall out of the top 10 someone will be trading in front of the Redskins at #15 to get him.  I don't see him getting to #17.  If the Giants pass at #6 I think they're content without him. 

This looks like a soft schedule. Can you imagine a 4-0 start after this debacle of an offseason? It’s not likely, but possible in the range of outcomes. 

2019 New York Giants schedule

Week 1, Sept 8

At Dallas Cowboys, 4:25 p.m.

Week 2, Sept. 15

Vs. Buffalo Bills, 1 p.m.

Week 3, Sept. 22

At Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 4:05 p.m. 

Week 4, Sept. 29

Vs. Washington Redskins, 1 p.m.

Week 5, Oct. 6

Vs. Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m.

Week 6, Oct. 10 (Thursday night)

At New England Patriots, 8:20 p.m.

Week 7, Oct. 20

Vs. Arizona Cardinals, 1 p.m.

Week 8, Oct. 27

At Detroit Lions, 1 p.m.

Week 9, Nov. 4  (Monday night)

Vs. Dallas Cowboys, 8:15 p.m.

Week 10, Nov. 10

At NEW YORK JETS, 1 p.m.

Week 11, Nov. 17

BYE

Week 12, Nov. 24

At Chicago Bears, 1 p.m.

Week 13, Dec. 1

Vs. Green Bay Packers, 1 p.m.

Week 14, Dec. 9 (Monday night)

At Philadelphia Eagles, 8:15 p.m.

Week 15, Dec. 15

Vs. Miami Dolphins, 1 p.m.

Week 16, Dec. 22

At Washington Redskins, 1 p.m.

Week 17, Dec. 29

Vs. Philadelphia Eagles, 1 p.m.

(Rotoworld) Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports reports that one team has Duke's Daniel Jones rated as the top quarterback in this year's draft.

Analysis: Robinson didn't explicitly name the team, though he dropped a huge hint by offering, "y'all know exactly who that team is." To quote the immortal Michael Scott, "no god, no!" If Robinson is referring to the team we think he is (hint: they share a stadium with the Jets in East Rutherford), this would be a colossal mistake. We've questioned Dave Gettleman's tactics in the past, but choosing Jones over Dwayne Haskins, Drew Lock and Kyler Murray would represent a new low for the embattled GM. Jones displayed tremendous toughness at Duke and has reportedly wowed teams in interviews, but he's simply not of the same caliber as the trio of Haskins, Luck and Murray. Selecting Jones at 17th overall would make a bit more sense for the Giants, but nabbing him at No. 6 would be a monumental blunder.

Gettleman has said in the past you can't have enough D-linemen and edge rushers. Here's my 2 cents. He goes best available edge rusher at #6 then doubles down and takes best available edge rusher at #17. Then swings a trade that will include a few of the later draft picks and takes Jones before the Pats get a chance at him. HUGE upgrade on Defense and a QB on the first night of the draft. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Edited by Rubi

5 hours ago, Rubi said:

Gettleman has said in the past you can't have enough D-linemen and edge rushers. Here's my 2 cents. He goes best available edge rusher at #6 then doubles down and takes best available edge rusher at #17. Then swings a trade that will include a few of the later draft picks and takes Jones before the Pats get a chance at him. HUGE upgrade on Defense and a QB on the first night of the draft. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Been thinking the same thing ....here is my ideal draft scenario

• Josh Allen Drops to 6 - if not Rashan Gary or Montez Sweat 
  • Jeffery Simmons at 17 - Potentially the best player in the draft (Pre-College off field issues cause him to drop)  
  • Trade up to take Jones if available ... if not stay put and take 1 of the top WRs .... AJ Brown or N'keal Harry or Deebo Samuel

• Like 1

14 hours ago, monk said:

• Jeffery Simmons at 17 - Potentially the best player in the draft (Pre-College off field issues cause him to drop)  
  • Trade up to take Jones if available ... if not stay put and take 1 of the top WRs .... AJ Brown or N'keal Harry or Deebo Samuel

Like this also. :headbang:

As a Giants fan, all I can say is if someone trades up and nabs Haskins before #6, nothing you can do.

If Haskins is at #6 and you want to play the game and hope he drops to #17, that's a dangerous game but eh... you get your pass rusher/lineman.

DON'T TAKE DANIEL JONES. Dude doesn't have the arm strength to survive in MetLife in November/Decemeber. I'm fine with Lock but don't take Jones.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Frankman said:

As a Giants fan, all I can say is if someone trades up and nabs Haskins before #6, nothing you can do.

If Haskins is at #6 and you want to play the game and hope he drops to #17, that's a dangerous game but eh... you get your pass rusher/lineman.

DON'T TAKE DANIEL JONES. Dude doesn't have the arm strength to survive in MetLife in November/Decemeber. I'm fine with Lock but don't take Jones.

😬

On 4/21/2019 at 1:58 PM, Rubi said:

On 4/21/2019 at 7:58 PM, monk said:

5 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Ouch

1 minute ago, shadyridr said:

Probably the worst GM in football

and tops it off with Jones saying how impressed he was with Shurmer. Man oh man, you guys seem to be in for some long years. Poor Barkley

Come on guys, it's not so bad.

It's not every year that you have a chance to spend the #6 pick on a mid-major quarterback who was projected to go in the late 1st round.

• Like 2

Giants selected Duke QB Daniel Jones with the No. 6 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

It certainly makes sense for the Giants to add a quarterback at No. 6, but picking this one this high is another questionable decision in an offseason full of them. Jones (6’5/221) turned pro after making 36 starts for David Cutcliffe’s Blue Devils, managing a 17-19 career record as a 59.9% passer at just 6.4 yards per attempt with a 52:29 TD-to-INT ratio. Jones did show plus mobility with 17 career rushing TDs and a 4.81 forty in Indy, also acing the Wonderlic Test (37). Jones’ poor supporting cast was partly to blame for his poor college efficiency, but he struggles with passes batted down at the line of scrimmage, is much more of a touch than power thrower, and routinely took far too long to get the ball out at Duke. Although Jones looks the part and offers pro-style experience, he is likelier to max out as a low-end starter/high-end backup in the Ryan Tannehill mold. On the "bright side," Jones is unlikely to push Eli Manning for the starting job during training camp.

RYAN ####### TANNEHILL

GOOD ONE, GOD!

Edited by The Frankman
  • Laughing 1

They passed on better QBs last year (Darnold and Allen) to draft a stud rb and could have even traded for another guy who went in the same range in rosen for even a 2nd. Instead they did this. Horrible

3 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Did the Giants think Jones wouldn't be there at 17?  

Dumb pick... Sorry Giants fans. 

Lots of talking heads said he would NOT be there so if they really wanted him they had to take him or trade down a few spots