Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Yenrub

Infinite New York football Giants thread

Just now, ffmail4me said:

Lots of talking heads said he would NOT be there so if they really wanted him they had to take him or trade down a few spots 

They know those talking heads have to have a verified tag on Twitter, right? Also when they have the "Not" tag in front of their name on Twitter, it's not really that guy, right?

• Laughing 1

Josh Allen falls to them at 6 and they pass on him for Daniel freaking Jones. It's like they aren't even interested in winning. 

Sure lets trade away one of the best WR's in the league, lets bypass one of the best pass rushers in the draft [when out pass rush is one of the worst in the league] and use the #6 pick on a project QB.

Oh well they saved me the cost of Sunday ticket this season because of this pick

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t get the pick either.  Just crazy as giants desperately needed pressure on qb and pass on Allen and Oliver..  

Giants could have taken defense at 6 then trade up from 17 to leap frog Washington.

If Haskins actually is available at 17... fire Gettleman right now. This move is a job definer as much as trading OBJ is. They have 12 picks they could restock the team with, YOU COULD NOT STRIKE OUT ON ANY OF THE FIRST ROUNDERS.

2 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Giants could have taken defense at 6 then trade up from 17 to leap frog Washington.

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT HE MIGHT DO! That or pick pass rusher at #6 and then if he loved Jones so much, pick him at #17 (still didn't like that).

Edited by The Frankman

4 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

If Haskins actually is available at 17... fire Gettleman right now. This move is a job definer as much as trading OBJ is. YOU COULD NOT STRIKE OUT ON THESE PICKS.

He won't get past MIA or WAS but would be great if he does

What is the thought process that leads you to taking Daniel Jones at 6 when you have no pass rush and Josh Allen falls in your lap?

I'm pissed at myself for actually giving a crap about what they do

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

If Haskins actually is available at 17... fire Gettleman right now. This move is a job definer as much as trading OBJ is. They have 12 picks they could restock the team with, YOU COULD NOT STRIKE OUT ON ANY OF THE FIRST ROUNDERS.

THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT HE MIGHT DO! That or pick pass rusher at #6 and then if he loved Jones so much, pick him at #17 (still didn't like that).

That’s what i don’t get because lock and Haskins were projected higher

so, you grab jones at 6 to sit behind 23mill eli for a year?  if you want to do that, then why not force eli to take a pay cut?

Just now, Chemical X said:

so, you grab jones at 6 to sit behind 23mill eli for a year?  if you want to do that, then why not force eli to take a pay cut?

If that was the plan they should have cut Eli.  Eli has a 8 game leash or so.  If you are 3-5 bring of rookie or 5-3 leave Eli in..

2 minutes ago, stlrams said:

If that was the plan they should have cut Eli.  Eli has a 8 game leash or so.  If you are 3-5 bring of rookie or 5-3 leave Eli in..

if 5-3, his salary will be more annoying, cause they could have restructured and grabbed cap space. don’t think gettelman understands this.

Edited by Chemical X

The dead cap hit would've killed the Giants. Cheaper to keep him until the contract ends, Giants aren't the Cowboys.

3 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

The dead cap hit would've killed the Giants. Cheaper to keep him until the contract ends, Giants aren't the Cowboys.

they’d save 12million, 11 would be dead.  

6 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

if 5-3, his salary will be more annoying, cause they could have restructured and grabbed cap space. don’t think gettelman understands this.

Yeah idiotic move by gettelman

Funny thing is Jones probably would've been available at 17 seeing how things played out. No team traded up for a QB and Skins loved Haskins.

• Like 2

and that stadium is actually worse than the last one.  not really sure how these 2 teams managed to do that.

4 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Funny thing is Jones probably would've been available at 17 seeing how things played out. No team traded up for a QB and Skins loved Haskins.

Jones would've been available at 32 where the Patriots would've drafted him.

Josh Allen at 6, Dexter Lawrence at 17.    I would have been so much happier.

Edited by kodycutter
  • Like 1

Giants selected Clemson DT Dexter Lawrence with the No. 17 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Lawrence (6’5/342) turned pro as a true junior after making 36 starts on the Tigers’ line, logging 20 career TFLs with 11 sacks. Only teammate Christian Wilkins rang up more QB pressures than Lawrence among ACC interior defensive linemen last year, and Lawrence earned first-team All-American via the NCAA coaches’ vote. A colossal presence with 34 ¾-inch arms, Lawrence offers Haloti Ngata-range upside with rare foot quickness, run-clogging, and pocket-collapsing ability for such a massive man. He's a classic "hog molly" pick by GM Dave Gettleman.

3 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

Josh Allen at 6, Dexter Lawrence at 17.    I would have been so much happier.

Oh man so much better.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stuckinthemuck said:

We got a two down nose tackle for OBJ. FML. We are now prohibitive favorites to draft Tua with the #1 pick next year. 

What?. Not even close to drafting one,

19 minutes ago, stlrams said:

What?. Not even close to drafting one,

Why ? They haven't gotten better. They drafted a QB to sit behind Eli and drafted a DT ...the only defensive position they don't need  

Giants should've just traded down if they really wanted Jones. Mind-numbingly bad, I hope the NY media destroys Gettleman.

What a #### draft !!!!!!! All this defensive talent and the Giants walk away with #### !!!!!

Could have Josh Allen, Ed Oliver, Devin Bush,  Jeffrey Simmons ...What a disgrace!!!!!!

I was such a massive Gettleman apologist, it actually makes me sick. I was on board with the OBJ trade and honestly felt like the players & picks we got back were more than fair value. Now this monstrosity of a draft and I don’t even want to think about watching this team ever again, they look like a parody of a team. Jesus Christ, you’re in a bar with your Giants shirt on and they do that, everyone looks at you immediately and you can’t even muster a polite glance, you want to throw your glass at the bartender. ####### idiots. 

• Laughing 1

Giants traded up with the Seahawks to select Georgia CB DeAndre Baker with the No. 30 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.

New York gave up the 37th pick, the 132nd pick, and the 142nd pick to move up. Baker (5’11/193) made 30 starts in four years at UGA, collecting 31 career pass breakups and seven interceptions on his way to earning the 2018 Thorpe Award as the nation’s top defensive back. PFF College credited Baker with an SEC-low 40.2 passer rating when targeted in 2018. Although Baker managed a 4.52 forty at the Combine, he improved to the 4.48-4.49 range at Georgia’s Pro Day and is more of an instincts-based cover man than dominant athlete. Baker would likely be best employed as a perimeter Cover-2 corner or even a Cover-3 slot, but he will be asked to play a lot of man in DC James Betcher's defense. He profiles as a high-floor, low-ceiling NFL prospect.

It's sad this is the Giants' best pick... combined with Sam Beal the Giants could have the makings of a good cover unit. Why him over Greedy and Rock Ya-Sin though?

EDIT: From what I'm reading, Baker is a tougher in run support than the other two.

Edited by The Frankman

I'm in the minority but I think the Jones pick will prove to be fine. a little high but they possibly got the best or 2nd best qb in this class

42 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

It's sad this is the Giants' best pick... combined with Sam Beal the Giants could have the makings of a good cover unit. Why him over Greedy and Rock Ya-Sin though?

EDIT: From what I'm reading, Baker is a tougher in run support than the other two.

Did they really have to trade up to get him!!! Since when do you draft a CB for run support !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giants draft, wait!

Oh, dear Lord. My brother, the Giants fan, is miserable. That was just a terrible draft. You gave up Harrison for a fifth-rounder (granted: salary) and drafted another run-stuffer with the OBJ pick?!

WTF on Jones and who on earth is that corner? Another guy that plays the run? Who are you guys hoping to stop?

Terrible draft. F-.  I feel for you guys. 

Edited by rockaction

Giants needed someone who can pressure Qb in the worst way and they haven’t address yet with 3 picks in.  

So I get to work this morning, go into the breakroom to put my lunch in the fridge.

Two of my co-workers that are Duke alumni, one of them is a season ticket holder for Duke football, are in the breakroom. They say to me “what in the world are your Giants doing? Daniel Jones in the 1st round? Good luck with that”

It is so damn embarrassing being a Giants fan right now

9 hours ago, monk said:

Did they really have to trade up to get him!!! Since when do you draft a CB for run support !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy #### they traded up for a CB last night?

I turned the damn draft off last night after the Lawrence pick

OMG they traded up to take Baker at CB when no other CB have been drafted!!

WTF is Gettlemen doing?

What the truck was that? That was horrible. I have no words to describe what happened. I'm no expert,just someone who has observed and watched football for 50 years. But imop,that was awful. I hope I'm wrong.

51 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

Two of my co-workers that are Duke alumni, one of them is a season ticket holder for Duke football, are in the breakroom. They say to me “what in the world are your Giants doing? Daniel Jones in the 1st round? Good luck with that”

Dave Rothenberg (ESPN NY Radio) said he texted a Duke beat writer who said pretty much the same.
Sounds like Giants were worried about Wash trading up for Jones.

2 hours ago, Yenrub said:

So I get to work this morning, go into the breakroom to put my lunch in the fridge.

It is so damn embarrassing being a Giants fan right now

I'm being abused all day at work today. I moved out of NY so there are fans of every NFL team here, and I'm hearing crap about the Giants since last night. I'm not sure I can defend them right now. What a horrible offseason.

The crazy thing was people were saying Giants shouldnt trade a 2nd for Rosen because he was only worth a 3rd. But Id definitely trade a 2nd for Rosen over picking Jones 6th overall.

• Like 2