Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Yenrub

Infinite New York football Giants thread

Recommended Posts

Quote

Giants waived WR Damion Ratley. 

Ratley had caught four passes for 63 yards through five games. His release comes after he committed an offensive pass interference penalty that negated a Darius Slayton touchdown against the Cowboys in Week 5. This is ex-Brown Ratley's age-25 campaign

To me he never really should have been signed (really liked what Corey Coleman brought the team) but he was released due to the development of CJ Board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Defense absolutely stood on their heads to win this. Bradberry is looking like a true shutdown corner, something he definitely wasn't in Carolina. Blake Martinez was a tackling machine again, even Fackrell had another good game. Plus Leonard "I Get Close But No Cigar" Williams had a sack!

 

The only bad thing about the outcome is they're making the Trevor Lawrence Race competitive now...

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Frankman said:

Defense absolutely stood on their heads to win this. Bradberry is looking like a true shutdown corner, something he definitely wasn't in Carolina. Blake Martinez was a tackling machine again, even Fackrell had another good game. Plus Leonard "I Get Close But No Cigar" Williams had a sack!

 

The only bad thing about the outcome is they're making the Trevor Lawrence Race competitive now...

Yeah unfortunately I dont think we are going to have a shot at Trevor ... The Jets are making a serious push and how Ironic would it be if we lost Trevor to the Skins after losing Chase  last draft .

On the Bright Side ... If the Cowboys lose tonight the Giants are 1 game out of 1st place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what do we want Thursday night against The Iggles(without most of their O-line,Miles Sanders,Ertz and Goedert)

Another loss to keep us firmly in line for a top 3 draft pick. Or a second win to put us right in the middle of the NFC East title chase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Rubi said:

So what do we want Thursday night against The Iggles(without most of their O-line,Miles Sanders,Ertz and Goedert)

Another loss to keep us firmly in line for a top 3 draft pick. Or a second win to put us right in the middle of the NFC East title chase?

I kinda want the win ... It's a strange season so far and the NFC east is winnable 

Giants are probaly the healthiest of the 4 teams ... Iand I feel like they are making progress weekly.

Who knows ... A young team with new coaches could surpise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I gotta say, Dannie Nickname had one really nice throw yesterday and I might have been wrong for saying everything I've said about all the other plays he was out there for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Hey guys, I gotta say, Dannie Nickname had one really nice throw yesterday and I might have been wrong for saying everything I've said about all the other plays he was out there for.

What does that even mean?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monk said:

What does that even mean?

Take the Daniel Jones compliment and run before Jones regresses again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Frankman said:

Take the Daniel Jones compliment and run before Jones regresses again.

Well Danny wasn’t great yesterday, but they got the win. I read that Danny has had a turnover in every game of his career. Not sure if that is true but if it is, he really needs to clean that up.

It will be interesting to see what they with OL this week and going forward. I wonder if they are going to let Peart start at RT this week over Fleming.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cowboys are getting destroyed by Arz ... Giants are going to be 1 game back of the Cowboys and .5 Behind Eagles who they play Thursday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How you guys feeling in here?  Think the Giants can get the 4 more wins they need to win the division?
-QG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Giants defense has improved quite a bit under Patrick Graham so far this season (still a long way to go) 

Giants defensive rankings so far this season (2019 finish)

12th in total yards per game (25th)

16th in pass yards per game (28th)

8th in rush yards per game (20th)

16th in points per game (30th)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

The Giants defense has improved quite a bit under Patrick Graham so far this season (still a long way to go) 

Giants defensive rankings so far this season (2019 finish)

12th in total yards per game (25th)

16th in pass yards per game (28th)

8th in rush yards per game (20th)

16th in points per game (30th)

Their d has been much improved and considering the state of the nfc east should be able to keep them in the hunt.  The other side of the ball however... Jason Garrett was a horrible retread and their one particular player can't avoid turnovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Their d has been much improved and considering the state of the nfc east should be able to keep them in the hunt.  The other side of the ball however... Jason Garrett was a horrible retread and their one particular player can't avoid turnovers.

I looked it up, Jones has had at least one turnover in every game except the week 16 game against Washington last season. Tonight will probably his second game without a turnover since I'm starting the Eagles defense for fantasy.

I'm guessing part of the reason Garrett was hired to provide some experience for a rookie coach. I'm not saying it was the right thing to do, just a guess on why he was hired.

It will be interesting to see how the OL starts to look with Peart in the lineup. He looked good in limited action last week. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RC94 said:

That was pathetic.  

Did you expect something different? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came here to say the very same thing. Once Engram short armed it, the rest of the game script wrote it self. Complete lack of any killer instinct. They looked for a way to lose and found it. It is truly uncanny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Yenrub said:

Did you expect something different? 

I was hoping. Fans are allowed hope aren't they? Eeeesh, so disgusted right now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yenrub said:

Did you expect something different? 

Not really.  Still doesn't take away from how pathetic that was.  Only the truly worst teams lose like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really sad it had to end the way it did, because it was looking so good. Sheperd with the big TD, Jones displaying awareness I hadn't seen from him most of the year, the D standing on their heads.... and then it all went south with penalties, lack of awareness, panicking, a game-losing play by Evan Engram, and of course Jones going back to not being able to sense any pressure at all. I'm pissed I got sucked in like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My heart hurts 

I want Gettleman fired tomorrow to make this pain go away ! I never understood waiting until after the season to fire a coach or a gm.

Let someone new come in now and have some time to evaluate the team and and interact with the coaches. What this guy has done is incredibly bad topped off with Andrew ####in Thomas!!!!!!!

Andrew Thomas has No Chance !!! None !!!! Zero !!!!!!! 0!!!!!!!! Nada !!!!!! of becoming a decent player !!!!!!! He makes Flowers look like Jonathan Ogden!!!!!!!  Ive never in my life seen a Tackle get beat so bad on some many damn plays ....it's disgusting !!!!!!! How could you be so gaddam wrong !!!!!!!!! Everyone new it ...... There were 3 cant miss tackles and we passed on all of them for this !!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is pain

8 hours ago, monk said:

My heart hurts 

I want Gettleman fired tomorrow to make this pain go away ! I never understood waiting until after the season to fire a coach or a gm.

Let someone new come in now and have some time to evaluate the team and and interact with the coaches. What this guy has done is incredibly bad topped off with Andrew ####in Thomas!!!!!!!

Andrew Thomas has No Chance !!! None !!!! Zero !!!!!!! 0!!!!!!!! Nada !!!!!! of becoming a decent player !!!!!!! He makes Flowers look like Jonathan Ogden!!!!!!!  Ive never in my life seen a Tackle get beat so bad on some many damn plays ....it's disgusting !!!!!!! How could you be so gaddam wrong !!!!!!!!! Everyone new it ...... There were 3 cant miss tackles and we passed on all of them for this !!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down, Mike Francesa.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Peart was their best Olineman in Week 6 and had 6 snaps in week 7 ????? WTF ??? This while Andrew Thomas looked worse than ever.

Engram absolutely sux ... He and Thomas are  releaseable at this point they are so useless they will never be good players. I know Thomas is a rookie and the #4 pick in the draft ...he cant play at this level .

Either switch Thomas to RT or Guard right now or release him ... He wil lnot be a a LT in this league and I seriously doubt he will be any better at RT ... maybe a guard  when Zeitler is gone but I doubt he'd be any better than Lemuix  

 

Edited by monk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks bad, but if the Giants hold the course, this will be a pretty good team next year. First year in a new offense is often tough. Coupled with the big injuries, this was going to be a down year. Draft the best LT available and I think you are in the running for a division title for sure. Although the division is so bad this year, it isn't over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

It looks bad, but if the Giants hold the course, this will be a pretty good team next year. First year in a new offense is often tough. Coupled with the big injuries, this was going to be a down year. Draft the best LT available and I think you are in the running for a division title for sure. Although the division is so bad this year, it isn't over.

Draft another LT ???? They just drafted a LT with the #4 pick in the draft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, monk said:

Draft another LT ???? They just drafted a LT with the #4 pick in the draft

Was thinking he was at RT. Forgot about your opt out. Another reason for a rough year. Maybe if he comes back the line could be pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Was thinking he was at RT. Forgot about your opt out. Another reason for a rough year. Maybe if he comes back the line could be pretty good. 

I dont know what the Giants are going to do wih Solder next year. His salary cap hit in 2021 is $16.4 million with $13 million in dead cap and In 2022, Solder’s cap hit will be $22 million with only $6.5 million in dead cap. 

He's fairly young as far as Tackles go but he was coming off a down year in 2019. Dispite the down year ... his 2019 PFF rating (64.7) would easily be the best of all Giants starting Olineman  in 2020.  Zeitler leads all starting Olinemnan at 60.7 this year

Based on the following ... I would guess the Giants are going to either release Solder after 6/1/2021 or try to renegotiate his deal to keep him at $7m-$8m per year for the next couple of years 

PRE-6/1 RELEASE or TRADE 2021

  • 2021 Dead Cap: $13,000,000
  • 2021 Cap Savings: $3,400,000

POST-6/1 RELEASE or TRADE  2021

  • 2021 Dead Cap: $6,500,000
  • 2022 Dead Cap: $6,500,000
  • 2021 Cap Savings: $9,900,000

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt that last night’s loss was tough, they let another one get away.

That being said I kind of like what I am seeing from this team in terms of being competitive. They need to learn how to finish games but at least they are in all the games (49ers game being the exception).

There is a lot to clean up for sure but they SEEM to be headed in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

It looks bad, but if the Giants hold the course, this will be a pretty good team next year. First year in a new offense is often tough. Coupled with the big injuries, this was going to be a down year. Draft the best LT available and I think you are in the running for a division title for sure. Although the division is so bad this year, it isn't over.

 

18 hours ago, Yenrub said:

No doubt that last night’s loss was tough, they let another one get away.

That being said I kind of like what I am seeing from this team in terms of being competitive. They need to learn how to finish games but at least they are in all the games (49ers game being the exception).

There is a lot to clean up for sure but they SEEM to be headed in the right direction.

We must have watched completely different games on Thursday.  Neither team would have survived against a team outside of the NFC East as far as I'm concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wgoldsph said:

 

We must have watched completely different games on Thursday.  Neither team would have survived against a team outside of the NFC East as far as I'm concerned.

I’m watching this year’s team and comparing them to last season’s teams.

I get that they are losing and that’s all that counts in the end, but I see them being competitive in most of their games this season when they weren’t last season.

After 7 games last season the team had 5 losses by a combined 77 points.

After 7 games this season the team has 6 losses by a combined 54 points (half of which came in one game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I’m watching this year’s team and comparing them to last season’s teams.

I get that they are losing and that’s all that counts in the end, but I see them being competitive in most of their games this season when they weren’t last season.

After 7 games last season the team had 5 losses by a combined 77 points.

After 7 games this season the team has 6 losses by a combined 54 points (half of which came in one game)

They also played three games against an aggressively bad conference (the eagles and cowboys were nowhere near as bad last year) this year, which can account for some of that disparity.  It also misses out on some key points - such as how terrible the offense as a whole has been.  I know Barkley is hurt (that's becoming a theme with him), but the o line has regressed, Daniel Jones has one game in his career without a turnover and can't sense pressure, and Jason Garrett is Jason Garrett.

The defense has some good pieces, I'll give the giants that, but that's pretty much it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 3h

I’m told Giants are signing WR Corey Coleman to their practice squad, per source. So the former first rounder is back in the NY groove.

Never should've been cut.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 1:02 PM, monk said:

Matt Peart was their best Olineman in Week 6 and had 6 snaps in week 7 ????? WTF ??? This while Andrew Thomas looked worse than ever.

Engram absolutely sux ... He and Thomas are  releaseable at this point they are so useless they will never be good players. I know Thomas is a rookie and the #4 pick in the draft ...he cant play at this level .

Either switch Thomas to RT or Guard right now or release him ... He wil lnot be a a LT in this league and I seriously doubt he will be any better at RT ... maybe a guard  when Zeitler is gone but I doubt he'd be any better than Lemuix  

 

I understand the frustration, the Miami OL actually got better when Austin Jackson, a 1st Rd Rookie LT went on IR. That said you can't honestly think for even a second that Andrew Thomas, 4th pick in the Draft this year would be released. 

This should make you happy if you're a Giants fan, looks like he is up on fashion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 1:08 AM, Ministry of Pain said:

I understand the frustration, the Miami OL actually got better when Austin Jackson, a 1st Rd Rookie LT went on IR. That said you can't honestly think for even a second that Andrew Thomas, 4th pick in the Draft this year would be released. 

This should make you happy if you're a Giants fan, looks like he is up on fashion. 

Yeah I know ... just one of my spontaneous rants ...But Gettleman on the other hand cant be #### canned quick enough !!! What a horrible job of mass destruction he has done in 3 years !!! 

P.S. 

I dont feel better about Thomas after reading that 

Edited by monk
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I liked what I saw from the defense last night (actually I have liked what they have been doing most of the season). Patrick Graham is scheming up some cool stuff. They are tough to run on. They seem to be doing a good job of mixing up coverages. They need an upgrade opposite Bradberry at CB and they need a bonified stud pass rusher. It will be interesting to see what McKinney adds to the defense too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall I liked what I saw from the offense last night

1st the OL was solid last night (not great but solid). This had to be Thomas’ best game

The inside run game was working well, I was happy to see Wayne Gallman having success. I am a little puzzled as to why he was pulled so much.

Jason Garrett called a nice game. A couple of trick plays. Schemed up some big shots that were wide open but unfortunately not executed.

Then there was Daniel Jones. The TD to Tate was a great throw and I guess that is what people inside the building like about him. But good grief the turnovers have stop!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Yenrub said:

I liked what I saw from the defense last night (actually I have liked what they have been doing most of the season). Patrick Graham is scheming up some cool stuff. They are tough to run on. They seem to be doing a good job of mixing up coverages. They need an upgrade opposite Bradberry at CB and they need a bonified stud pass rusher. It will be interesting to see what McKinney adds to the defense too.

I agree about Graham and McKinney.  Is McKinney coming back this season?

I also agree with you about the offense for this game.  I'm baffled by Jones.  For someone who is supposed to be smart, he seems incapable of learning.  It's the same mistakes every game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RC94 said:

I agree about Graham and McKinney.  Is McKinney coming back this season?

I also agree with you about the offense for this game.  I'm baffled by Jones.  For someone who is supposed to be smart, he seems incapable of learning.  It's the same mistakes every game.

Funny. Last night I was texting with a friend of mine who happens to be a Duke fan and I said "for a Duke guy Daniel Jones sure is stupid"

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know intellectually and in my heart, for the long term health the losses are best.  But hard to not love how judge has coached a talentless lot up, he's a keeper, hopefully they don't lose heart but I could take the rest of the season like the last two weeks... a series of hard fought losses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, Yenrub said:

I’m not sure how/why the refs picked up the flag on the 2 point conversion last night but it was the wrong thing to do https://twitter.com/cwehler/status/1323488583756484608?s=20

Quote

"The side judge [Eugene Hall] had the flag thrown on the play and came to the down judge [Jerod Phillips] who was on that side of the goal line," referee Brad Rogers said. "The communication between the side judge and the down judge was that the defender contacted the receiver simultaneously as the ball came in. And in order to have defensive pass interference, it has to be clearly early and hinder the receiver's ability to make the catch."

The officials thought it was clear enough to pick up the flag.

"You want to make sure that it meets the qualifications for pass interference," Rogers said. "And in our communication on the field, the down judge and the side judge communicated about the action and believed that it was appropriate to pick that flag up."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1324096052992090113
 

Quote

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Giants claimed former 49ers' WR Dante Pettis on waivers, per source.

I so called that in the Pettis thread :lmao:. He's a fantastic route runner who was in Shanahan's doghouse. Him as a #4 WR is fine, I trust the staff to coach him up and the Giants can see if he's an asset.

Edited by The Frankman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, Yenrub said:

I’m not sure how/why the refs picked up the flag on the 2 point conversion last night but it was the wrong thing to do https://twitter.com/cwehler/status/1323488583756484608?s=20

Lot of crazy calls ... They can't let Brady lose to the lowley Giants 

  • BS Hold Call ... I beleive  on Gates (for Pushing JPP down)  killed a drive and had to settle for FG
  • Helmet to Helmet  on Yiadom .... When receiver lowered his head and hammered him
  • Helmet to helmet /roughing the Passer/  or late hit on Tate during that gadget play ... Tate got wiped out long after he threw it  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 9:56 AM, Yenrub said:

Overall I liked what I saw from the offense last night

1st the OL was solid last night (not great but solid). This had to be Thomas’ best game

The inside run game was working well, I was happy to see Wayne Gallman having success. I am a little puzzled as to why he was pulled so much.

Jason Garrett called a nice game. A couple of trick plays. Schemed up some big shots that were wide open but unfortunately not executed.

Then there was Daniel Jones. The TD to Tate was a great throw and I guess that is what people inside the building like about him. But good grief the turnovers have stop!!

Interesting that it was also his first game playing with Lemiux instead of Henandez. I think Hernandez has been  playing decent so far  ... but maybe he is missing assignment or somehow screwing up the LT's play    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 10:20 AM, RC94 said:

I agree about Graham and McKinney.  Is McKinney coming back this season?

I also agree with you about the offense for this game.  I'm baffled by Jones.  For someone who is supposed to be smart, he seems incapable of learning.  It's the same mistakes every game.

It's the same kind of mistakes he was making in college.  He's not the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

It's the same kind of mistakes he was making in college.  He's not the guy.

I know it’s early but if you are the Giants what do you do at the top of the draft?

Take Fields?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yenrub said:

I know it’s early but if you are the Giants what do you do at the top of the draft?

Take Fields?

I think you have to.  Either that or trade back and grab a few o-line and sign a bridge qb (I hate saying Jamis because I think Jamis is terrible but he's basically a Jones that throws tds) while eyeing your qb next year.

Great teams either have /the guy/ at qb or they build through the line.  It's easier imo to build through the line and find a game manager than it is to find the next Mahomes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.