What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just when you thought the NFL season was over (1 Viewer)

Megla

Footballguy
FD says here, try the NFL Bowl games slate, using the probowl and the Super bowl.

Im down for some fun

Weird.  So still stack the SB and take a shot on a pro bowler or two? 
Don't know yet but the Pro Bowl salaries are very low since they know the players wont play long, thinking PB Kickers may be nice as they always score a ton of points in these things

Don't know yet but the Pro Bowl salaries are very low since they know the players wont play long, thinking PB Kickers may be nice as they always score a ton of points in these things
I see DK's has the same, Wish they had Super Bowl games with limit one entry. 

Some thoughts

DO you think the PB HC will play their players more or less than players from other teams?

Only 2 kickers so they both get to play all game and I have a feeling they will let Tuck try a ridiculously long FG

Only 4 TEs so theoretically   each will get a half a game and there really is no TE in the Super Bowl I want to roster

Some thoughts

DO you think the PB HC will play their players more or less than players from other teams?

Only 2 kickers so they both get to play all game and I have a feeling they will let Tuck try a ridiculously long FG

Only 4 TEs so theoretically   each will get a half a game and there really is no TE in the Super Bowl I want to roster
Thought the same things.  Of course I went with a Brady LU and stack again with Zeke, a Pro Bowl Wr/TE/K and NE D.   Just doing 2 $1 entries, so I am not going to overthink this one.  LUs right now:

Brady - Lewis/Zeke - Edelman/OBJ/Sanu - Kelce - Tucker -NE

Brady - Zeke/Coleman - Edelman/Hogan/Evans - Graham - Prater - NE

I totally forgot that they did this last year as well, still probably smart for me to cash out my winnings on FD and DK this week so I don't go nuts on this pro bowl nonsense.

As others have noted, there aren't many TEs and they seem to put up solid numbers.

Another thing I noticed looking at the stats from the past 2 years is that RBs get hardly any carries, it's all passing.*

So IMO TE and WR is where to go for the pro bowl.

*ETA: Rice and Irvin were coaches the past few years so these things may change with real coaches at the helm again. Still I would think in a game like this where it's all for show and people aren't into tackling that passing a lot would be the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prater kicked a 76 yarder today:

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/lions-kicker-matt-prater-one-ups-justin-tucker-with-76-yard-field-goal-at-pro-bowl-012817

Tucker might not be the only one that gets to try a ridiculously long FG.  Too bad Fanduel doesn't give 6 pets for 60+ yards.  Seems almost every Pro Bowl possession may result in some score.  Now you just gotta pick the right guys.

Pro Bowl O/U is now 80.  Highest total I've seen for any NFL contest ever.  Usually Pro Bowl O/U's are in the low 60's.

Going with these GPP LUs

Ryan,Sproles,Lewis,JJones,Edlmn,Sanu,Walker, Tuck, NE

Brady,Colemn,Blount,Hogan,Evans,Edlmn,Olsen,Ptatr,ATL

Ryan, Coleman, Lewis, JJones, OBJr, Evans,Walkr,Tuck, NE

Brady, Freeman, Blount, Hogan, Hill, Evans, Olsen,Pratr, ATL

Brady, Freeman, Lewis, Edlmn, Sanu, Hill, Graham, Tuck,NE

Wow these defenses are not doing too bad... They must've all agreed to call their Vegas bookies and bet the farm on the under.

Probably won't hit big because i didn't have either of the defenses, but I do have a few teams with a mix of Prater, Tucker, Baldwin, and Kelse with 7-8 NE/ATL players.

Users who are viewing this thread