Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobcat10

PGA Golf DFS

8 posts in this topic

I've dabbled a little on DK, usually a freeroll but sometimes a few bucks.  Now that it's coming to Fanduel this year I'll take a closer look.  I play a season long on Yahoo so I like to think I have a decent feel to start out.  With the sites combining at some point, I think they are doing this on Fanduel in a different way to see if they can strike gold with a format.  It looks very different then DK.  

You pick 4 golfers for rounds 1&2 and then 4 different golfers for rounds 3&4.  Clearly you need to pick players that make the cut for your 2nd group.  Even if all 8 golfers scored for all rounds, you would still need guys to make the cut to score big.  I'm not sure yet why this format would be more interesting than that, but I'll give it a try.

Scoring:

Double Bogey (2Bog) -3
Triple Bogey (Or Worse) (3+Bog) -3
Birdie (Bird) 2.1
Bogey (Bogey) -1
Streak Bonus (For Each Consecutive Hole Under Par) (Boost) 0.6
Eagle (Or Better) (Eag+) 5
Par (Par) 0.5
Tailspin Deduction (For Each Consecutive Hole Over Par) (Slump) 0

I have all this info because the Farmers tournament starting tomorrow is a beta and they are looking for feedback.

Here is what I've come up with for Torrey Pines:

Rounds 1&2 - James Hahn 6k, Danny Lee 6.6k, Adam Hadwin 6.7k, Hudson Swafford 6.9k

Rounds 3&4 - Martin Laird 7.3k, Dustin Johnson 10.1k, Jimmy Walker 8.8k, Brendan Steele 7.5k

not playing on FanDuel this week, but this is what I'm rolling on DK for GPP

Dustin Johnson/Jason Day

JB Holmes

Jason Kokrak

Francesco Molinari

Hudson Swafford/Charley Hoffman

Tony Finau

erring towards bombers and taking a good golfer who I feel is underpriced and should be low owned in Molinari

I got pretty deep into research last year but haven't gotten into it yet this year.  these were last minute lineups.

I put in for a couple bucks this week, so we will see.  BBall kicked my ass, so I am seeing if I have any more luck with 2 sports I can take more time to research during the week - golf and soccer. 

FD Golf was sorta weird having the players split out like that.  In the survey following the contest, they made sure to ask about that a few times in different ways, along with would you like to have late changes (FD has none of this today in any sport) so you could change your rounds 3&4 golfers to players that actually make the cut.  Seems like before combining the sites, if they ever do, they are trying to hit on a new format.  Won't be surprised to see MMA coming soon.

Well, 2 of my 6 guys missed the cut, and I am not even in the top 50% right now.  About the same a couple weeks ago when I tried some golf too.  Maybe try baseball? :lol:

Did one triple up this week on DK.  Seems to be on it's way to cashing.  Have to start remembering to do this more Wednesday night.  

Hadwin 30%

Jones 5%

Laird 35%

Mickelboob 65%

Rose 60%

Sneds 30%