What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Golf DFS (1 Viewer)

Once the full scoring kicked in I went from cashing $27.50 to $10.20. Kauffman and to some extent Kang not going as hoped but it's still early.

best lineup scored 305- cashed 2 50/50s and $3 in a $1 gpp

2nd best 262.9- cashed 1 50/50 missed gpp line

3rd 205.4  gpp only

another positive week of PGA but just barely  $11 in $13.80 out

Here are my two for this week right now.

DeLaet, Jones, Cauley, Kuchar  //  Poulter, Oosthuizen, Dufner, Moore

Taylor, Tway, Finau, Dufner  //  Poston, Cauley, An, DJ
$6 in, $4 out.  Light week, didn't spend much time on it.

What are you guys learning so far for GPP and cash games?  

One thing I've noticed, if you really want to differentiate your GPP LUs, just move some of the higher priced guys in your LU to 1/2 and cheaper guys to 3/4.  That has me thinking get about 10-12 guys you like (or simply 8), and play a bunch of GPP LUs with them all mixed up.  Maybe something will hit.  We seem to be pretty much all low stakes and low bankroll people trying to make a few bucks, so I'm not sure that necessarily helps us.

I pretty much stick with single or 3 max entry contests myself. The downside is I end up making 3-5 lineups so I get exposure to a few different higher priced guys and minimize exposure to my cheap guys.

On limited data it seems for cash you need about 32pts/guy and gpp 35pts/guy to cash. I do try and have a 7k+ guy on day 1/2 to try and gain an edge like you said but not sure if it's helped.

I've actually started to watch some golf -mostly on Sat when my wife is at work -and really enjoy the DFS game. The sweats are crazy, usually I'm up $20-$30 after Fri and then watch it plummet and hope to hang on.

I wonder if the scoring in the playoff counted on FD or just the positional points changed. I had Day going in a gpp but missed the last 2 holes and OT.

And have to say I love watching Day drive- I think he is my new favorite golfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to do my MLB games and there is a message that there is no PGA this week as they are making some changes.

I didn't at first but now I kinda like the 2 team scoring. It adds a layer of luck and strategy that probably cuts down on the edge the pros have on us amateurs.

FD PGA is back-looks like the only change is eliminating the split teams. Hopefully I can still cash regularly with the new format.

Who would have thought I'd miss dfs golf so much? Hope the format switch doesn't ruin my hot streak-was rare I got all 4 guys past the cut now need all 8 or at least 7 depending on ownership.

2 50/50s and a $1 100 man

rahm johnson steele an kim taylor stanley kokrak

1 50/50 and $2 gpp

spieth fowler hadwin kim stanley cantlay an leishman

$1 gpp

scott reed finau cauley cantlay taylor stanley leishman

free roll

matsuyama kisner  bubba perez cab-bello cantley chappell kokrak

Gpps didn't quite fill but closer than before the changes so no huge edge.

Just one $4 GPP

PCantlay

JRahm

TFinau

Ollie Schniederjans

Hideki

JLovemark

Pat Rodgers

HVarner III

Most of my expensive guys (dj,Scott,Rahm, Hadwin, Finau,Reed) are playing horrible and may miss the cut. Kim also terrible but at least he was cheap. Going to need a miracle or 2 to cash at all at this rate.

Only had time for the freeroll this week and have 250pts right now which doesn't seem so hot. Moved 6/8 to the weekend. Won't cut it in the future. 

Stanley, An, Cantlay, Lowry, Reed, Ikeda, Rahm, Cink

Finau and Reed somehowmade the cut so my $1 gpp still has life as Ill at least have all 8 golfers playing. If they all do good and Reed and Scott really do good I can cash decently. Currently 7.2 below the cash line.

Only had time for the freeroll this week and have 250pts right now which doesn't seem so hot. Moved 6/8 to the weekend. Won't cut it in the future. 

Stanley, An, Cantlay, Lowry, Reed, Ikeda, Rahm, Cink
the free roll is actually my second best lineup. Have 321..7 with 7/8 making the cut. Cash line currently at 359.3.

Thought for a bit on Sun I was going to come out ahead but when Fowler dropped back to 2nd I missed the cut by 2.4.  Besides Fowler all my guys either shot over or 1-2 under so that didn't help either. $10 in $6.10 out.

teeing it up once again. each lineup is in 1 gpp and 2 50/50s but pretty sure half the 50/50s won't fill. also somehow entered a gpp for the open on 6/15-lol.

trying to do a more balanced lineup with the new scoring changes as you need guys to make the cut and put up points on the weekend.

Molinari berger schwartzel poulter uihlein stanley poston tway

molinari fowler mickelson uihlein stanley poston jones hoge (kind of stars and scrubs)

koepka schwartzel poulter poston uihlein cink stanley tway

fowler chappell henley horschel piercy cink kaufman noh (freeroll )

Seems like the new FD rule changes have worked for them and more people are playing PGA there this week. All my gpps and 50/50s filled so have $20 invested :shock: I switched up the 2nd and 3rd lineups above and now have 7 different lineups---wish me luck I'm going to need it.

Had $22 in play and cashed $26.80.  Thought I'd lose money for sure as I didn't have any lineups with more than 5 guys make the cut. All 5 50/50s cashed but tied in 1 so only got .90.

Had a lineup with 1 golfer making the cut lol.

Lost 1.90 on the weekend.  One lineup put up 439 with only 5 golfers making the cut, the other two lineups stunk.

This is fun and keeps the tournament exciting, but it's also pretty difficult.

Bobcat10 said:
Had a lineup with 1 golfer making the cut lol.

Lost 1.90 on the weekend.  One lineup put up 439 with only 5 golfers making the cut, the other two lineups stunk.

This is fun and keeps the tournament exciting, but it's also pretty difficult.
my main lineup that cashed in 5 50/50s only had 4 guys make the cut but they were ,koepka,thomas, leishman and xander. scored 379.9 My freeroll lineup scored 533 but unfortunatly I didnt play it anywhere else  so it won me nothing.

I think I like the old FD system better- tough to pick the right 2-3 under 6k guys to make the cut.

Going to try just 2 lineups this week each in a gpp and 2 50/50s.

Speith snedeker Thomas streelman lingmerth Stanley Harman Xander

Thomas leishman Steele Grillo Stanley tway Xander mullinax

1 lineup had 7/8 make the cut, cashed 3 50/50s and 8th in a 100man contest(568pts). other lineup had 6/8 make the cut and didnt cash anything(462.9pts)

Had a 3rd lineup that scored535.1 and would likely have cashed for $15 had Lingmerth and/or DeLaet stayed in the top 25

$22 in $18.80 out

For such a big slate there aren't many options at P with good match ups once you get past Scherzer. Straily, Paxton and Severino about the only guys I'd feel good about using

my lineups for this week

delaet stanley kokrak chappell xander lingmerth fowler hass

delaet kokrak steele reed xander lingmerth leishman streelman

2nd losing week in a row(-3.40) time to turn it around

6 $2 50/50  reed kisner ch3 lingmerth streelman xander kokrak wagner

$2 gpp kisner ch3 haas cink english xander o'hair power

$1 gpp  bradley henley watney cink kokrak woodland bubba lee

I like what you're doing allocation wise as I've seen the 5050 / double ups as pretty beatable most weeks.  I've been playing even less money wise and win/lose a few bucks every week.  Just don't have the time these days.  Got messed up this week after a week and a half vacation...only got these in:

$1 gpp - MKim, Taylor, Streelman, Reed, DLee, Bradley, Lingmerth, Simpson

$1 gpp and $2 double - Hoge, Putnam, Schauffele, Reed, Finau, Mickelboob, Kang, Schniederjans

First lineup had a great day 1 and is falling a little back today, hoping to go 8/8 but need MKim to hang on.  Second lineup is doing better today but not cashing anything, and will have at least 1 miss the cut.

Didn't cash at all last week, 1st truly horrible PGA weekend. Need to win this week or will have to reload for first time since 2015.

3 50/50

Hoffman,  Lovemark, Harman, Na, Summerhayes, Bryan, Hearn, Taylor

$2 gpp

Berger, Harman, Stricker, Martin, Kraft, Streelman, Taylor, Stroud

$1 100 man

Johnson, Kinser, Na, Stanley, Bryan, Campbell, Kim, Wagner

Free roll

Kisner, Berger, Lee, Brown, Tway, Luck, Schneiderjans, Brehm

3 $2 50/50  and a $2 5 man

speith fowler mickelson fleetwood stricker ch3 harmon z johnson

$2 gpp

speith koepka casey kisner fleetwood stanley  z johnson poulter

$1 gpp

rahm snedeker kuchar koepka perez lovemark molinari rose

So close to a big win on DK. Started Sunday in 7/5882 14pts off the lead with all my golfers. Speith choked away the lead and my other 5 (Chappell, Kuchar, Bradley, Finau,Werensky) shot a combined 22 over dropping me all the way down to 65th :rant:

With NFL about over figured it was a good time to resurrect this thread. Plus had a decent week, $5 in $9.40 out.

If you haven't played in the last 2 weeks FD lineups same as DK now with 6 golfers.

Guys I like this week. 

Bud Cauley-
Webb Simpson
Charles Howell
Ryan Armour
Wesley Bryan
Austin Cook
Jason Dufner
Kevin Kisner

I'm off of Rahm this week, he struggled here last year and I think he gets agitated by the Pro Am aspect of this tournament (just speculation). 

Haven't looked at it too closely yet but probably sticking with a couple guys who have been good for me lately like Kizzrie, Cook, Hoge and Harman.

I'd like to see weekly talk about the best cheaper options because that's usually my achilles heel.  You can't build a lineup, for example, with Devin's list above. 

Is there a weekly table anywhere that shows the field and their cuts made/missed at the coming event?

Also, what sites are you guys playing on this year?  I haven't played much yet....but FD, DK and FantasyDraft (they had some cheap/free cross sport contests that I joined to get a feel for their pricing) are what I've been looking at.

Playing mostly FD but have done ok at DK too.

Yeah my 1 or 2 cheap guys usually decide my fate. This past week I hit on Hoge who almost got the win so will ride him for a bit. Tway, Silverman and Werensky are other cheap guys I'll play.

I preferred when FD had 8 golfers, haven't gotten a handle on the new pricing yet.

Haven't found a free site that does DFS PGA so get most of my info at PGA.com it just takes alot of time to go thru the players. PGA channel on Sirius usually has a weekly fantasy segment that I try and catch.

Right now I slotted in Harkins and Knost at lower prices for my FantasyDraft lineup.  That nets me Cook, Bryan, Harman, Kisner and Kizzire with my other slots.  Werenski and Silverman are a little cheaper than Harkins, but it doesn't really buy me anything.

Anything to think about with these mostly unknown names?  Jaeger, Conners, VanAswegen, Diaz

Also some veteran cheapos: VTaylor, Villegas, Campbell, Mahan

I used VanAswegen a few times early last year when I first started playing PGA and he had some good weeks but seemed to tank on Sundays and started to to miss more cuts so I stopped using him.

And FYI I'm still a PGA noob and have only been playing since it was added on FD last year. I had some beginner s luck to start and got hooked on it, even started watching some golf for the first time in 10+ years.

Here are my lineups so far

3man contest

Harman, Simpson, Kizzrie, Glover, List Knox

$1 SE gpp

Harman Simpson Kizzire Dufner Hoge Hossler

Playing mostly FD but have done ok at DK too.

Yeah my 1 or 2 cheap guys usually decide my fate. This past week I hit on Hoge who almost got the win so will ride him for a bit. Tway, Silverman and Werensky are other cheap guys I'll play.

I preferred when FD had 8 golfers, haven't gotten a handle on the new pricing yet.

Haven't found a free site that does DFS PGA so get most of my info at PGA.com it just takes alot of time to go thru the players. PGA channel on Sirius usually has a weekly fantasy segment that I try and catch.
@Raging weasel - rotogrinders has free content for the main sports.  They have a free LU builder, the "first look" page has a breakdown of the top 5 stats to look for as well as their winning odds vs salary and past finishes on that course, and they also have other general stats to sift through too on the sport page.  .  

Found a couple cheap guys with upside while going over course history.  Ryan Palmer (8.5k FD) has 3 top 10 finishes here in the last 5 years, best of anyone in the field over that time.

Matt Jones (7.8k FD) has made the cut here his last 4 tries with 2 top 25s.

Also found out that the cut on this event comes after round 3 so Im going a little more stars and scrubs in gpp than usual.

Changed my $1 SE gpp to this

Harman Simpson Kizzire Reavie Palmer Streelman

and 3 .60 gpp

rahm cauley kirk mickelson reavie jones

dufner snedeker haas hadwin palmer cook

mickelson simpson hahn spaun list steele

Lineups for DK

$1 SE gpp

harman mickelson bryan wise piercy martin

$3 double up

simpson knox reavie howell list garrigus

$2  10x

simpson reavie cauley howell spaun palmer

and added 2 more at FD for .60 each

rahm mickelson howell johnson wise garrigus

rohm harman johnson lingmerth jones harkins

good luck all!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys sucked me in ;), so I tried 4 of those 60cent entries.  I think it's only the 3rd or 4th time that I have tried PGA.  

I went 100% on Rahm, and my cheap guys (under 9K) were Wise, J.Peterson, Hadley, and List.  

I think 2 were studs and scrubs LUs like :  Rahm, Simpson, Harmon, Reavie, Peterson, Wise.  

Good Luck all!!  

Users who are viewing this thread