What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Golf DFS (2 Viewers)

I made this FD team last night intending to submit 20 different LUs. Sure makes following these tourneys fun. I did similar at DK and fell asleep before getting back to FD so it's a 20 car train.

DJ

JD

Perez

Watney

Conners

McNealy

Please cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two rounds in and I'm 2 points from the cash line with two who may not make tomorrow's cut. If they don't I'm smoked. If one does, it will be tight. If both do, this'll work.

Conners and Maverick...

Was looking real good I thought, til this afternoon. Now cashing in nothing and I need some good scores tomorrow from the guys around the cut.

Vaughn and Kirk from the lineup that Hoge is dumping on.

Gooch, Rory and Hadley from the lineup DJ is carrying. 

451 and 415, no cashes again.  I need to regroup and figure out what I'm doing wrong.  People are cashing with multiple CUTs, they just are hitting the others guys better than I am.

50/50 lineups scored 476+ and cashed. Best lineup was in a 3 man scored 534 but still lost by 40-- hope he used that lineup in a gpp.

$9 in $7.20 out

I need to regroup and figure out what I'm doing wrong.  People are cashing with multiple CUTs, they just are hitting the others guys better than I am.
If you scan the players between 7.4 and 8k, accuracy leader combos from there are making up my 20 LU gpp with DJ and a few deeper dips for Leishman. 

tldr

What you're doing wrong, not to seem sarcastic, is player selection. Hashtag metoo, btw. Bad luck or we suck? Can't be sure, but but it sucks either way. I'm budgeting for weekend lineups. About half my golf success has come from those games but they're only about 15% of my entries. So I'm going easy for Thursday starts and watching closely for the weekend. 

The field is packed. More than most courses Riviera favors accuracy from tee to green. Shot shapers have an edge. I'm glad Phil and Tiger are there and hope they attract high ownership. I'm fading. Possibly a mistake with Phil but he was using an iron off the tee last weekend to compensate for his wild driving. That's not a good recipe at Riviera though he's won there twice. DJ used the final round last year as a victory lap. I am anchoring my lineups to him. Leishman could be low owned and his game fits nicely here. Going all in on DJ forces me off JT Jordan and Rory, though the course is excellent for Spieth and Thomas.

John Merrick is a local duffer who could slip by the cut for a minimum cap hit, but tread lightly. Also, I'll be there this weekend with my college golfing buddy who lives nearby. 

Heard that Hass almost died in a car accident this morning so don't play him.

I like DJ, Casey, Reavie and Fleetwood this week. Speith has had the yips lately so fading until he shows me he can putt again.

Choi is almost min price and has great history here so mixing in him and Flores for savings.

So far-

Cash

Casey Reavie Berger Steele Kokrak Harkins

3man

DJ  Casey Reavie Harkins Hahn Flores

Gpp

Fleetwood Casey Mickelson Pieters Hahn Choi

My main problem that's keeping me from winning more is not having enough of my golfers finish in the top 10. Getting 6 guys thru the cut that all finish outside the top 20 isn't all that useful so far.

Raging weasel said:
Heard that Hass almost died in a car accident this morning so don't play him.

I like DJ, Casey, Reavie and Fleetwood this week. Speith has had the yips lately so fading until he shows me he can putt again.

Choi is almost min price and has great history here so mixing in him and Flores for savings.

So far-

Cash

Casey Reavie Berger Steele Kokrak Harkins

3man

DJ  Casey Reavie Harkins Hahn Flores

Gpp

Fleetwood Casey Mickelson Pieters Hahn Choi

My main problem that's keeping me from winning more is not having enough of my golfers finish in the top 10. Getting 6 guys thru the cut that all finish outside the top 20 isn't all that useful so far.
Thanks. I had Haas in one of my lineups. Apparently his 71 year old golf junkie host with a home on the course was showing off his Ferrari and clipped Luke Wilson's car, tragically. Just awful.

I'm gpp only with two core lineups. My problem has been different than yours. I'm landing a couple in the top 10 and the rest of the team either fades to T77 or misses the cut. 

At DK my core with Leishman: DJ, Schniederjans, Pieters, Bae, Choi (a little crossover with yours)

Without: DJ Finau Watson List Scott Vegas (they're long, very long)

DJ or Watson have won this this three of the last 4 years and DJ has two runner ups. 

Every expert I've read is on the following metric: Shots gained fairway to green +200 yards. Length has been key here. I read a funny caveat to fading Phil. He hangs with these guys week after week constantly playing from the rough. This week they all join him. :)

Made a few changes to get DJ in my cash lineups. Also added some Watson then took him out after hearing he's playing in the NBA celeb game and also likely to WD if he doesn't like the weather.

2 $2 50/50

DJ Reavie Schneiderjans Hahn Steele Kokrak

$2 3man

DJ Casey RC-Bello Hahn Harkins Choi

$2 gpp

Mcllroy Fleetwood Berger Pieters Hahn Choi

On DK

$1 SE gpp

DJ Leishman RC-Bello Kokrak Smith Bae

Let's make this the week we turn it around!!

I was up late and decided to fade Choi, Watson and Bae. I added a bunch of Finau (hot start) and swapped 1/4th of my DJ for JT so I could buy up elsewhere. All this is looking good atm, but it's a long weekend.

DJ implosion +5 in three holes and my "currently winning" numbers holding on, but my overall entries looking ugly, along with the 40% who own him.

Actually have a green number next to my amount entered. And what looks to be a complete dud lineup (DJ Gay Choi Berger) out of 3 total lineups. See what happens tomorrow. 

DJ ownership is just downright ridiculous, gpp and cash. 

Bobcat10 said:
Actually have a green number next to my amount entered. And what looks to be a complete dud lineup (DJ Gay Choi Berger) out of 3 total lineups. See what happens tomorrow. 

DJ ownership is just downright ridiculous, gpp and cash. 
I see DJ scrambling to make the cut but Leishman is +7 and dreaming of a weekend in Malibu. I'm sure he'll take the tourney I fade. My currently winning is less than my already spent, so I'm starting to dream of a weekend in Malibu too. 

Leishman is in one of my good lineups that has fallen dramatically today....but I just realized Leishman is the only one that has started his 2nd round.  

Once again, though, I will not have a 6/6 lineup on FD even if DJ makes it.

if Choi and/or Casey can come on strong today and make the cut I should turn a profit on FD.  Not sure if DJ making the cut helps me or hurts me as he is 42-71% owned in my contests.

starting the day with 150-188 points. gpp lost 2 to the cut so probably wont cash.  50/50 lineup currently cashing but lost 1 to cut and is only 6 and 9 points above cutline. Once again Im lacking on golfers in the top 10 as most are currently 40+. going to need a miracle to come out ahead.

starting the day with 150-188 points. gpp lost 2 to the cut so probably wont cash.  50/50 lineup currently cashing but lost 1 to cut and is only 6 and 9 points above cutline. Once again Im lacking on golfers in the top 10 as most are currently 40+. going to need a miracle to come out ahead.
Sounds like me. My cash LU has 4 guys between 48th and 64th, and Hahn.

My other good LU has 3 guys 10th-15th and two deeper in the field. Not cash so cuts are harder to reach.

I should just quit the gpp and 3x stuff besides the $1 & $2 SEs and just put those with 2 cash LUs. 

Made a few changes to get DJ in my cash lineups. Also added some Watson then took him out after hearing he's playing in the NBA celeb game and also likely to WD if he doesn't like the weather.

2 $2 50/50

DJ Reavie Schneiderjans Hahn Steele Kokrak

$2 3man

DJ Casey RC-Bello Hahn Harkins Choi

$2 gpp

Mcllroy Fleetwood Berger Pieters Hahn Choi

On DK

$1 SE gpp

DJ Leishman RC-Bello Kokrak Smith Bae

Let's make this the week we turn it around!!
Wish i hadnt heard that last tidbit and left Watson in the 3 lineups I put him in. Best score was 349+ in the 3man which fell 40 points short. 50/50 scored 343+ which cashed in 1 of the 2 entries. Once again lacking top finishers as only DJ,Hahn  and Kokrak finished in top 25 and had no top 10 and mostly 40+. Total for both sites $9 in $3.60 out.

Bobcat10 said:
:lol:

I played 20 lineups x2 for $25 in the .25 and $1 gpps on Thursday. I lost 18 of that.

I rallied with the weekend only contest. Had one good (245) lineup: Bubba Phil Xander DJ Moore and Finau. I played $85 for the weekend ($4 and .25) and those returned $247 so +$144 for the effort. I make .25ers then decide from there how good I feel about a slate or tourney. It's almost therapeutic with NBA, so little risk.

Also what a great weekend in LA. My college buddy surprised me with All Star tickets he snagged from his company. We were fashionably late from the Riv. Good times.

Anyone in this week? Got any cash game locks?
I'm in. DK pricing. All the JT/Sergio at the moment, but further reading has me fading for the tier from Woodland to Kaymer. So the core is JT Sergio Fritelli Kizzire Van Aswegen Fathauer. I like the first four and am scraping the bottom for the last two. A scrape that keeps coming up different. I also like: Stallings Fleetwood Ollie Poulter Saunders Lahiri. Just the 20 quarters at the moment but messing with lineups trying to feel better about them. Budgeting for the weekend contests again. If I were to rank teh suggested names based on value I really like Kaymer for his price. In order from there Fritelli Poulter Kizzire JT Sergio and the rest tied I guess. 

I’m going to make a point to put a few bucks down Friday night on DK while I’m building UFC lineups. 

Went lighter on FD this week. Looks like we have some crossover. Hopefully snagged some nice pivots in the GPP lineups. Obviously I like Hatton here the most and the big names will be high owned. I think I filled in with some low owned guys around them. For cash, I locked in those first three guys as I think they will be high owned for good reason and then decided on Harmon as what seems to be always a safe bet. That left a few options and I took Graeme’s history here. Might rethink Knox but nothing feels right in that spot. 

$1 gpp SE - Kizzire, Ollie, Murray, Poulter, Hatton, Fowler

$1 gpp - Dufner, Cauley, Stallings, Palmer, Hatton, Garcia 

Five $1 50/50 - Kaymer, Hadley, Thomas, Harmon, Knox, McDowell

Not sure where to insert Fritelli, so that prob means he’s a Gpp play. He’s $500 less than Knox on FD. Got nothing on him and didn’t see him specifically mentioned in anything I read. 

Not sure where to insert Fritelli, so that prob means he’s a Gpp play. He’s $500 less than Knox on FD. Got nothing on him and didn’t see him specifically mentioned in anything I read. 
He's European Tour via University of Texas via South Aftica. According to pgatour.com he's deceased, so better check into that. For a dead guy he's been impressive enough to get me to bite on his price, which isn't that low. He's made six straight cuts dating back to a win in Maritius, 4 straight top 20s and top ten in his last two. 

From eurotour.com

Celebrated being named 2017's Graduate of the Year in style by winning the AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open title later that week. Claimed his first European Tour victory at the 2017 Lyoness Open powered by ORGANIC+ after finishing second weeks earlier at the Volvo China Open. Won the 2016 Rolex Trophy and had nine top ten finishes on the 2016 Road to Oman to earn his 2017 European Tour card. Turned professional in 2010 ranked top ten in the World Amateur Golf Rankings. Starred for the University of Texas from 2008-2012 and sunk the vital winning putt for the Longhorns' first National Championship in 40 years.
So he's been honing his game preparing for the PGA and has low ownership appeal. He also dopes the wind with a compass which is cool.

thought I had until 7 for lineup lock so got caught with my pants down this week :sadbanana: Wanted to get some Sergio into my lineups but didn't which should be good news for you guys.

FD

2 $2 50/50 and $2 3man

woodland palmer kizzire hadley knox hatton

$1 SE gpp

thomas rcb hatton dufner ohair hoge ( was going to fade jt and duf to get in sergio, gay and whoever over ohair)

DK

2 entries in $2 10x

thomas dufner henley hadley kizzire palmer

hatton dufner rcb scott hadley aphibarnat ( hate this lineup-wanted to scrap everyone but rcb and start over)

$2 casual 3man

fleetwood woodland knox kizzire palmer howell ( dont mind this one other than howell)

good luck guys, I know Im going to need alot of it

All the people playing Tiger ( over 18% in every contest) should help me out because if you can't hit the fairways on this course you're done.

Also heard that the putting surface is actually mostly sand painted green so that could be interesting.

I’m going to make a point to put a few bucks down Friday night on DK while I’m building UFC lineups. 

Went lighter on FD this week. Looks like we have some crossover. Hopefully snagged some nice pivots in the GPP lineups. Obviously I like Hatton here the most and the big names will be high owned. I think I filled in with some low owned guys around them. For cash, I locked in those first three guys as I think they will be high owned for good reason and then decided on Harmon as what seems to be always a safe bet. That left a few options and I took Graeme’s history here. Might rethink Knox but nothing feels right in that spot. 

$1 gpp SE - Kizzire, Ollie, Murray, Poulter, Hatton, Fowler

$1 gpp - Dufner, Cauley, Stallings, Palmer, Hatton, Garcia 

Five $1 50/50 - Kaymer, Hadley, Thomas, Harmon, Knox, McDowell
I put another buck in last night, let's call it The Frittelli (who is 2.7% owned btw):

Woodland, Fritelli, Martin, Kaymer, Bello, Fleetwood

I know it's too early to panic but other than JT all my guys are 2+ over so far, this could be a blood bath.
I only did the 20 quarters not because I'm smart but because I again went to sleep before deciding. Other than JT it is a bloodbath. The only high scoring teams look nothing like my posts from yesterday but somehow 13 of 20 LUs are currently above the cash line. I'm a little confused. I guess most of the 35k entries sucked worse than me?  I'm too busy today to pay attention. I'll watch all the coverage tomorrow probably from bed as today I'm loading and unloading a moving truck by myself. Good luck golf guys.

I only did the 20 quarters not because I'm smart but because I again went to sleep before deciding. Other than JT it is a bloodbath. The only high scoring teams look nothing like my posts from yesterday but somehow 13 of 20 LUs are currently above the cash line. I'm a little confused. I guess most of the 35k entries sucked worse than me?  I'm too busy today to pay attention. I'll watch all the coverage tomorrow probably from bed as today I'm loading and unloading a moving truck by myself. Good luck golf guys.
You probably have more than others with early tee times today.  Hard to know where you really stand until they all finish later.  I'm crushing it with a +5 and a +6 (what happened to you, Harman, looked like a nice start earlier).

I should have kept Noren in one of my GPPs.  Had him in an early iteration but ended up putting too much faith in Hatton.   :wall:

my safe cash lineup is the worst lineup Ive ever made- currently scoring a pathetic 30.5 :X  no player in double digits and Woodland leads the team with 6.5. My gpp team doing much better and only 2.3ish from cashing despite Hoge scoring -.5 (84.80)

better on DK where one of my 10x lineups still has a chance. Currently at 117 only 14 pts from cashing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread