What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PGA Golf DFS (1 Viewer)

pricing is softer on DK but could only find 1 SE gpp for less than $5. Hell, the only SE tourney in the casual area is $27- that doesnt seem very casual.

My FD freeroll- spieth,bubba,fleetwood,reed,chappell,aphibarnrat.

I think RCB is too cheap on both sites and like Matsuyama as a sleeper.

Whenever this tournament comes around, I like to pencil Freddy into a lineup, so that's what I did in the FD freeroll that I'll throw a few bucks down on.  Not sure about Noren/Bubba, there are some options there.

Couples, Aphibarnrat, Noren, Bubba, Spieth, Thomas

Have no desire to read/look at PGA sats/articles about this weekends tourney and have a $9 GPP ticket.

Any advise from those here that play would be much appreciated

here are my lineups-- use at your own risk

FD

freeroll    speith bubba fleetwood chappell reed aphibarnrat

$1 SE gpp-- rose day finau hoffman poultier xander

$2 3man-- casey woods poultier cantlay kuchar berger

$2 SE gpp--- rose casey matsuyama rcb hadwin z johnson

DK

$1 SE gpp-- day garcia matsuyama kuchar finau berger

$2 3man rose mcllroy garcia reed z johnson poultier        woods rose casey reed hoffman chappell

$2 10x  phil mcllroy scott matsuyama hadwin dechambeau

Have no desire to read/look at PGA sats/articles about this weekends tourney and have a $9 GPP ticket.

Any advise from those here that play would be much appreciated

There's not many approaches with 1 ticket. I'd decide to either go chalky, conservatively hoping to cross the cash line, or do the outlier thing and look for a unique LU that could pay big. I'd also have to decide to fade or not to fade Tiger. The LU I posted for the FD free roll is just sort of "my guys" but there's no real thought behind it. PGA for me is about not overthinking.

The conservative approach for me starts with Justin Thomas. He's solid, the 2nd most expensive and leaves you with 9.6k per player. Poulter was nails last week and the last time it was in a consistent stretch so 9.2. Being conservative I wouldn't pay less for another player and finish off the LU. The LU I just made while thinking my way through had Bubba (two time winner and currently hot). Leishman and Xander because I'm dumb. That left me 9.4 for Pieters though 9.3 for Cantlay is more me. 

The aggressive appoach - seeking a unique LU -  deliberately leave .5k or more on the table. I'd start with a bomber like Finau who might get hot. Then I'd scrounge the bugdet guys where Cabrero-Belo stands out making all but one cut and having some nice rounds. Fisher has game but hasn't put it together since getting off to a late start. Noren seems like he could be a little overlooked in this field. Add Rahm, a stud who also might be overlooked some and you have 12.1 left and can afford any player you want but the idea here is to be unique so leave some money on the table. Spieth leaves 1.1k on the table so I just submitted it. And that's it for FD for me. The free roll and these two LUs.

Good luck all. 

Edited Fisher for Perez. He has a win and 3 top 5s from earlier this year and I remember reading Augusta works nicely for him. Still leaves 700 on the table.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uggh, Finau injured his ankle today and will be GTD. Only have him in 1 lineup each site so not a huge deal but Chappell also had to have some work done to his back so may pull them both.

Jeebus, every week I get off to these stupid hot starts. 223k entries and I have half my 20 in the top thousand. Three in the top 100. Leishman/Stenson currently 1-2 in those lineups. Currently winning... ah fugettaboudit

The aggressive appoach - seeking a unique LU -  deliberately leave .5k or more on the table. I'd start with a bomber like Finau who might get hot. Then I'd scrounge the bugdet guys where Cabrero-Belo stands out making all but one cut and having some nice rounds. Fisher has game but hasn't put it together since getting off to a late start. Noren seems like he could be a little overlooked in this field. Add Rahm, a stud who also might be overlooked some and you have 12.1 left and can afford any player you want but the idea here is to be unique so leave some money on the table. Spieth leaves 1.1k on the table so I just submitted it. And that's it for FD for me. The free roll and these two LUs.

Edited Fisher for Perez. He has a win and 3 top 5s from earlier this year and I remember reading Augusta works nicely for him. Still leaves 700 on the table.
I never got back to FD to replace Finau. This is my best team at both sites after a round. 

Not going to happen so FD lineups about dead in the water.
If I'm going to suck I'd enjoy Tiger and Phil in the hunt since I faded both, but no. They're imploding worse than my LUs. Leishman is on most of them so I'm interested, but even so I'm currently winning a third of my entry fees.

I have a number of lineups with everyone going to the weekend between both sites, and some good one's losing 1 golfer, but they're not producing much return at this point.  Hopefully that changes.  I haven't had a good read on how lineups transition to the weekend this year because I'm always missing 1+ golfers. 

On DK both my 3mans should hold up as I'm currently ahead by 15+ in both and I'm the only one who had all make the cut.

On FD have a gpp that had all make the cut but is 12pts below cash line.

Did ok on DK winning both 3mans and cashed in .25 gpp for $1. $8 in $11.80 out. Best score was 503.50.

On FD didn't cash anything $5 in for $0.

Had a 513pter on DK, of course in a quarter contest so only won a buck.  Only other cash on there was a quarter for fifty cent.  Lost a few bucks overall there.

FD, 4 in 2 out. Missed a cash line with a lineup that moved all 6 to the weekend.  Seems fitting.

Also dabbled a little in weekend golf on both sites.  I think I had the right thought on DK for the round 4 contests, I just didn't use Spieth over Rory (and I guess Casey was missing, but he wasn't in the price range I was looking at after filling my big guns).  

What a weird and crazy this past tourney was. In one of my 3mans we all lost 3-4 guys at the cut and then Xander after 3rd round. On Sun it was my Mullinex+Hoffman vs their Hoffman so got a win.

My 10x lineup lost List at the cut and then Xander on Sat. Held on to tie for 10th and cash $10.

All told finished up $1.40 on FD and $5 on DK.

Did the dumb thing where I forgot to get back to my placeholder so it's entered 20 times... currently cashing... all six making the cut, I think. It's in the top 6k where top 13k get paid. If the cut line stays at 3 and Xander is in, it should only get better over the weekend as a very high percentage of higher scoring LUs have players missing the cut.

Rory, Finau, Hadwin, Xander, Ollie and Schwartzel. 

Did the dumb thing where I forgot to get back to my placeholder so it's entered 20 times... currently cashing... all six making the cut, I think. It's in the top 6k where top 13k get paid. If the cut line stays at 3 and Xander is in, it should only get better over the weekend as a very high percentage of higher scoring LUs have players missing the cut.

Rory, Finau, Hadwin, Xander, Ollie and Schwartzel. 
That's great.  When I think of a placeholder, I think of my NFL lineups full of players out.  I guess you can't do that in PGA, although you could go all scrub.

Since the Masters ended, I've played a gpp or two every week for fun and that's it, very little research if any.  This week I could actually win a few bucks, sitting in 609th out of 12K.  Won't get into heavy sweat range, but hoping for a nice finish from the last 4 below.

JT t31, Simpson t40, DeCham t3, Hadley t16, List t11, Hadwin t11.  

Casey WD. Had him in my FD placeholder. Probably just playing there tomorrow as I have 2 freerolls that I’ll put a few bucks on.

I had to pull Casey from some lineups too. 50/50s and 3mans didn't fill so just have a couple gpp on each site.

FD

$1 and freeroll

Mcllroy Smith Simpson Hadwin Poulter Molinari

$2

Reed Z Johnson List Dechamb Stanley Leishman

DK

$2 10x

Rahm Stenson Reed Smith Z Johnson Stanley

$1 gpp

Mcllroy Fleetwood Kuchar Cantlay List Grillo

My final round tourney picks at DK:

Duffner 21.4%

Fleetwood 28.6%

DJ 41.6%

Danny Lee 20.5%

Webb 40.6%

Walker 20.6%

So I was surprised that Webb was only at 40.6 with final standing placement points factoring in. No player has ever blown a 4th round 7 shot lead in PGA history, so it seems that 13 points for first is a lock. I was also shocked to see Tiger and Spieth at higher ownership than Webb. I'm basically fading Poulter, Xander and Day and banking on Fleetwood, Walker and Duff. Lee had such a dismal record coming in I knew he would be low owned despite being alone in 2nd and a great shot at the 2nd place prize $.

Unless it also changed when they switched to the 2 one day slates, final standing points are not used. Can't check ATM as no contest to look at.

My final round tourney picks at DK:

Duffner 21.4%

Fleetwood 28.6%

DJ 41.6%

Danny Lee 20.5%

Webb 40.6%

Walker 20.6%

So I was surprised that Webb was only at 40.6 with final standing placement points factoring in. No player has ever blown a 4th round 7 shot lead in PGA history, so it seems that 13 points for first is a lock. I was also shocked to see Tiger and Spieth at higher ownership than Webb. I'm basically fading Poulter, Xander and Day and banking on Fleetwood, Walker and Duff. Lee had such a dismal record coming in I knew he would be low owned despite being alone in 2nd and a great shot at the 2nd place prize $.
$5 in $8 out, oh boy...LOL

Went with Leishman Walker Laird Grace Na Poston

Leishman Hossler Laird Murray Uhlein Tway

Too much garbage at the bottom not to go more balanced although Na seemed way under priced.

Have 3 lineups for $9 in all with Leishman Walker and Laird. Really need Laird to step up his game.
I'm with you!  So many guys bunched up right now.  If you are -4, you're T28th.  But -1 isn't making the cut currently.  I have Laird sitting at E and Murray at -1.....nice looking lineup if they can make the cut and Haas stays where he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2 3mans are a lock to cash as I'm up by 80+ and 100+ with 453.2. That gives me a profit of $8.90 but putting $2 of that into a 3man Sunday showdown.

Leishman Wise Uhlein Howell Poston Dahmen.

$2  10x booster

scott dechambeau dufner hadley hadwin o'hair

$2 50/50

kuchar dechambeau johnson hadley hadwin tway

.25 winner take all

kuchar cantlay johnson xander na poston

$2 3man

dechambeau hadley johnson xander grillo tway

FD $1 gpp

spaith xander grillo cantlay tway lee

Good luck to anyone playing!!

Users who are viewing this thread