What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which stadium has the best tailgating? (1 Viewer)

Discussing the new Vegas stadium in the 2017 Raider thread,  @DA RAIDERS said:

i just hope it's fan friendly.  a bunch of the newish stadiums aren't set up to be tailgating havens.
Got me thinking -- what current NFL stadium has the best tailgating experience? 

Now, the definition of "experience" is completely subjective. But I guess my criteria are:

• Access to decent facilities -- I plan to eat a lof of barbeque and things with melted cheese. Porta-Pottys are fine if plentiful and well-distributed, but actual well-lit, frequently cleaned structures (maybe even with privacy?) would be sweet.
  • I'm OK with drunken buffoonery -- it's part of tailgating. I would like the festivities to be, if not family friendly, then at least not dangerous with drunken fighting and screaming and puking everywhere.
  • A high ratio of hot chicks. If you're gonna throw out criteria, I mean, why not?
My experiences are in the old Three Rivers Stadium in P'Burgh, Paul Brown in Cinci, Orchard Park for the Bills, the Meadowlands, and of course, the Coliseum to see my Raiders. Wonder what 'gating at iconic places like Lambeau or some new slick places like Dallas. But also wonder what Raymond James or Hard Rock in Miami may be like.

Where do you think is the best tailgating stadium in the NFL right now? Where was the best place of all time to party it up before the game?

Maybe this should be a poll...?

Green Bay. End of discussion

Wisconsin does tailgating the best across the board

If you haven't experienced it put it on your bucket list. Packers, Brewers, Badgers. Best to hit all 3 in a weekend if you can (Brewers game Friday, Badgers Saturday, Packers Sunday)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. Brew said:
Green Bay. End of discussion

Wisconsin does tailgating the best across the board

If you haven't experienced it put it on your bucket list. Packers, Brewers, Badgers. Best to hit all 3 in a weekend if you can (Brewers game Friday, Badgers Saturday, Packers Sunday)

Assume early season games are better at Lambeau just for the cold factor, but wonder if going to a snow game actually adds to the value?

Assume early season games are better at Lambeau just for the cold factor, but wonder if going to a snow game actually adds to the value?
Its probably somewhat less active tailgaiting when the temps dip into single digits as more people opt for the bars and heated tents, but still fun to wander around Lambeau in the hours before kickoff. We had a grill going for the playoff game a few weeks ago against the Giants, as did thousands of others. Probably a little more whisky and less beer, just to keep the blood flowing, but otherwise not much different from the early season games.

Discussing the new Vegas stadium in the 2017 Raider thread,  @DA RAIDERS said:

Got me thinking -- what current NFL stadium has the best tailgating experience? 

Now, the definition of "experience" is completely subjective. But I guess my criteria are:

• Access to decent facilities -- I plan to eat a lof of barbeque and things with melted cheese. Porta-Pottys are fine if plentiful and well-distributed, but actual well-lit, frequently cleaned structures (maybe even with privacy?) would be sweet.
  • I'm OK with drunken buffoonery -- it's part of tailgating. I would like the festivities to be, if not family friendly, then at least not dangerous with drunken fighting and screaming and puking everywhere.
  • A high ratio of hot chicks. If you're gonna throw out criteria, I mean, why not?
My experiences are in the old Three Rivers Stadium in P'Burgh, Paul Brown in Cinci, Orchard Park for the Bills, the Meadowlands, and of course, the Coliseum to see my Raiders. Wonder what 'gating at iconic places like Lambeau or some new slick places like Dallas. But also wonder what Raymond James or Hard Rock in Miami may be like.

Where do you think is the best tailgating stadium in the NFL right now? Where was the best place of all time to party it up before the game?

Maybe this should be a poll...?
Mark Davis has said that a great tailgating experience in Vegas is a priority for him so we will see.

My wife and I have been going on a few road trips the last few years and would rate the tailgating like this:

1. Oakland - atmosphere was second to none (full disclosure, I'm a Raider fan). Lots of options for food and drink. Raiderettes dancing on a stage, food was solid and of course, the Raider faithful everywhere and fairly friendly.

2. Philly - the fans lived up to their reputation but not complete idiots. Fools and beer was plentiful and fantastic. Multiple parties with welcoming folks going on for hours before the game.

3. Minnesota - something about partying outside in the cold (I'm from Winnipeg). Probably the friendliest fans and solid amenities.

4. Seattle - not the best for overall tailgating set up but the atmosphere was incredible.

5 - 9. New Orleans, New York, Tennessee, San Fran and Washington in that order. Nothing special about any of them or they virtually had nothing to speak of for tailgating.

With my wife being a Steelers fan, I think our next trip will be out that way and paired up with another team within driving distance. I'm looking forward to KC and GB the most.

I've only been tailgating once and it was one of the best times.  It was a Monday night game in Cincinnati and a couple hours before the game all the Cincinnati Reds started showing up .  I met Edwin Encarnacion, Ken Griffy Jr was there (talking on his phone the whole time).  Eric Milton (on the DL at the time) was serving the guys drinks.  I asked if that was his new position and he said it was all he was good for.  My Sister showed up and wanted a picture with Brandon Phillips and right when I took the picture she planted a big kiss right on his cheek.  The look on his face was priceless.

I agree with Cletius on this one.

I think it all depends on what experience you want at Lambeau. Many people like going there later in the season for the "frozen tundra" experience. I don't really like going to Lambeau in August/September personally. It can be HOT with that sun on you. Show up for work the next day with half your face sunburned and the other white. Personally I like October. Last game I tailgated at was a Halloween weekend. It was a blast. 

Grew up at Lambeau and County Stadium with a few trips thrown in to Wrigley.  Camp Randall as well, of course.  I have not attended every stadium, so my opinion is not well informed.  That said, I enjoy the Wisconsin sports experience very much and think others might as well.  I would note that I had a very nice time outside of Three Rivers Stadium when there was such a place.  The best away experience I ever had was in Kansas City.  Great and friendly folks . Great fans with solid memories of the founding days of their club.  Very willing to share their BBQ and drinks and to trade them for yours.  Those folks were proud of their eats, and had every right to be.  Seemed everybody there knew their way around a grill and a piece of meat, pretty much any piece of meat.

Last edited by a moderator:
In KC for a Charger game and the tailgating was just awesome. Everyone was booing and trash talking me but in a friendly way and many offered to show a San Diegan what true BBQ tastes like...Never forget it. Best experience at a tailgate for me. I vote KC!

In KC for a Charger game and the tailgating was just awesome. Everyone was booing and trash talking me but in a friendly way and many offered to show a San Diegan what true BBQ tastes like...Never forget it. Best experience at a tailgate for me. I vote KC!
This is a place I would definitely like to go. I bet they do it right in KC

I have only two experiences: Miami and KC.  KC was incredible for both atmosphere and food.  The entire parking lot (which is huge) smelled like BBQ.  

Definitely not. Cold is cold and that takes away from the experience when all you care about is trying to stay warm. But for me, that's any stadium. I like Lucas Oil (Colts) a lot. 

In Buffalo we don't win games, we win the tailgate.
That's been my experience -- Buffalo has been the most fun experience for me. Some of the best local food (wings, beef on weck, huge Sahlen dogs with Weber's horseradish mustard, etc.) and a great balance of drunken buffoonery to friendly and helpful fans. But late season games become hard with bitter cold and snow.

Glad the Raiders got a shout-out, as my experience there has been more miss than hit. With the caveat that Raider fans get a bad rap in general (no worse than a lot of fan bases), I've seen way too many fights, rowdiness, people puking rivers from guzzling liquor since 9 AM, some surliness etc. than I care for. Not a place I'd feel comfortable with my young boys.

Users who are viewing this thread