What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Attending a protest vs watching the Super Bowl (1 Viewer)

Any opportunities to riot at the protest and get free stuff? Do you have built up anger that you need to release on inanimate objects?

All valid questions. It would require a nice sum of cash for me (5 figures minimum) to show up. I mean, I would be surrounded by the dumbest people on the planet. That requires a hefty payment. It would have to be in a warm climate as well and there would have to be a TV in the vicinity.

Man, I hope Trump tweets out something super stupid Saturday night that gets these clowns bouncing off the walls again.

All valid questions. It would require a nice sum of cash for me (5 figures minimum) to show up. I mean, I would be surrounded by the dumbest people on the planet. That requires a hefty payment. It would have to be in a warm climate as well and there would have to be a TV in the vicinity.

Man, I hope Trump tweets out something super stupid Saturday night that gets these clowns bouncing off the walls again.
:confused:  That title would be reserved for the Applebee's crowd who are complacently going along with what Drumpf is imposing. 'Murica first! Amiright?  

I certainly don't agree with all  of the protestors or the fringe margin who are not peaceful, but to call people dumb for standing up for what they believe in? That's pretty sad. 

:confused:  That title would be reserved for the Applebee's crowd who are complacently going along with what Drumpf is imposing. 'Murica first! Amiright?  

I certainly don't agree with all  of the protestors or the fringe margin who are not peaceful, but to call people dumb for standing up for what they believe in? That's pretty sad. 
In fairness, if you schedule a protest/wedding/sports practice, etc etc, during the Super Bowl, you probably aren't that bright. 

Cjw_55106 said:
In fairness, if you schedule a protest/wedding/sports practice, etc etc, during the Super Bowl, you probably aren't that bright. 
Agreed, although there are those who think what we're going through is more of a priority than any sporting event. That being said, I'll certainly be watching as it should be a great game.

lod001 said:

Pretty much a guarantee that this will happen. 

skycriesmary said:

He could be making an assumption based upon the inability to spell a very simple last name correctly.

That aside, thanks for the superb display of irony in your response.

Widbil83 said:
How much will the protest be paying?
I went to the Portland protest and did get anything.  In fact I don't think anyone there was getting paid.

Maybe we're doing it wrong? :kicksrock:   

wazoo11 said:
Invited to both events next Sunday, FFA. What's your advice for picking which one? :popcorn:
Unless you can devise a game of squares and a drinking game along with some prop bets at the protest, thinking the super bowl is the play here.

Well since we already know the outcome of the super bowl, might as well go to the protest, as long as they don't frown on you having a cooler full of beers.

He could be making an assumption based upon the inability to spell a very simple last name correctly.

That aside, thanks for the superb display of irony in your response.
There's a difference between inability and choice to label him differently. But thanks for playing.  :yawn:

On the one hand you basically have two teams who have struggled all year to get to this point, with one team overcoming all the distractions of lying and cheating and the other team has been underrated, insulted, and dismissed all season. On the other hand there's the superbowl. Tough call.

Users who are viewing this thread