What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl Recipes (1 Viewer)

tommyboy

Footballguy
Post your awesome super bowl snacks, appetizers and/or main dish recipes in here. All are welcome. Except the Irish.

Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Halves

Ingredients: 16-20 or so Jalapenos (always get a few extra) - 1 lb of Bob Evans Bulk Sausage -  1 Brick of Philly Cream Cheese (room temperature) 

Step 1: Slice all the peppers in half (length wise) and clean them out (save the seeds if you like it hot) -

Step 2: Take 4 halves drizzle them with  olive oil add salt/pepper and then roast at 425 for 15 minutes, remove and dice 

Step 3: Brown the sausage 

Step 4: Combine sausage, diced peppers, and cream cheese into a bowl and mix (add seeds if you like it hot)

Step 5: Put remaining peppers on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes

Step 6: Remove peppers, stuff sausage mix into the halves and bake for at 350 for 5 minutes

Step 7: EAT EM

Photo

Sausage Stuffed Jalapeno Halves

Ingredients: 16-20 or so Jalapenos (always get a few extra) - 1 lb of Bob Evans Bulk Sausage -  1 Brick of Philly Cream Cheese (room temperature) 

Step 1: Slice all the peppers in half (length wise) and clean them out (save the seeds if you like it hot) -

Step 2: Take 4 halves drizzle them with  olive oil add salt/pepper and then roast at 425 for 15 minutes, remove and dice 

Step 3: Brown the sausage 

Step 4: Combine sausage, diced peppers, and cream cheese into a bowl and mix (add seeds if you like it hot)

Step 5: Put remaining peppers on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes

Step 6: Remove peppers, stuff sausage mix into the halves and bake for at 350 for 5 minutes

Step 7: EAT EM

Photo
Yup, definitely making these.

Smoking a pork shoulder Saturday to have pulled pork sammiches Sunday.  Maybe add a pound or so to a crock pot of chili.

Also want to try these ABTs for the first time:

Atomic Buffalo Turds on the Weber kettle:

Slice jalapenos lengthwise. Remove the seeds and membrane.

Mix cream cheese, chipotle powder and minced shallots. Fill the hollowed out portion of the peppers with the cheese mixture.

Place a smokie on top of the cream cheese. Wrap a half slice of bacon around the jalapeno. Use a toothpick to hold it in place.

Smoke at 225 for 2-3 hours (until the bacon is browned).

Your rule should be to have food representative of the two teams playing.  This year, Clam Chowder or Southern Fried Chicken

Scoresman Chili

This is a recipe I've developed over time, always experimenting with new ingredients.  Below is the current favorite version of friends and family.  I attempt to have a good depth of flavor with minimal, but quality ingredients.   

2-3 lbs. beef chuck roast
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
cumin
1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
beef stock
1 bottle of beer (I prefer something dark, this or this is great if you can find it)
tomato paste
a bunch of dried chili peppers, different variety
beans (optional. If you use them get some good dried beans and re-hydrate them.  These are incredible. Canned beans suck)
1 bottle quality root beer (optional)
butter

1. Prep the chili powder.  De-seed your dried chili peppers and cut into small pieces.    Put them into a food processor or coffee/spice grinder and grind it all into a powder.  Using fresh chili powder like this makes a world of difference vs. pre-bought.  

2. Mise-en-place.  Chop the onion, mince the garlic, cut the beef into large cubes and season lightly with salt and pepper.  Pull out 1-2 chili peppers in adobo sauce and mince it.  This stuff is super spicy and is the ingredient that will determine how spicy your chili ends up.  Adjust amounts to suit your tastes.  

3. Brown the meat in a large pot or dutch oven with some butter on high heat  This will be the pot your chili cooks in so make sure it's big enough.  Make sure all or most of the sides of each cube is nice and brown, not just gray.  Also, do not crowd the pan, do this in batches.  Set meat aside once done.

4. Cook the onions until lightly caramelized in the same pot.  It should deglaze all the nice tasty burnt bits of meat that was left in the pot.  Add the garlic towards the end.

5. Add a good amount of chili powder, some cumin, and a little more salt and pepper.  Mix it up with the onions and cook about a minute.  Dont overdo it, we can add more seasoning later.  I like to add some now to get nice and fragrant.  

6.  Add the meat, adobo peppers, two good tablespoons of tomato paste and mix this all up. Then add about 1-2 cups worth of beer, 1/2-1 cup root beer, and fill the rest with beef broth until the meat is just barely covered.  Stir it all up nice.  

7. Let everything cook uncovered at a slow simmer for a few hours.  The liquid should reduce.  Once the beef looks ready, pull it out and shred it with two forks.  Then put it back in with beans if using them, and cook a bit longer, covered if necessary to preserve desired thickness.  Also check seasoning and adjust any ingredients as desired.  

i'm definitely going to try a couple of those.

I would like to hear more, big day is fast approaching.

here's my one stupid little dish that I do every year its easy and people love it.    

one can  Hormel  NO BEAN  chili.  8 oz   cream cheese.    one bunch green onions.

combine and heat chili and cream cheese in pan until bubbling and mixed thoroughly.   Pour into bowl.  finely chop the green part of the green onions  and use a handful  as a garnish.  Serve with tortilla chips and triscuits.    

Users who are viewing this thread