What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Favorite lesser known movies? (1 Viewer)

Titanic.  or maybe Avatar.   One of those, it changes daily depending on which one I choose to watch that night.

There are a few that Brit Marling was in that I really liked for various reasons:

Another Earth

Sound of My Voice

I Origins

Fright Night Part 2 (original - not remake)

Big Wednesday

Uncommon Valor

Billy Bathgate

Cat People (remake - love the soundtrack)

Last edited by a moderator:
Happiness (dark comedy)

Brain Candy (kids in the hall movie)

Gattaca  :cry:
This is a great movie. Though its probably not for everyone. Todd Solondz is ... unique.
I actively hate that movie. 

but tbh, that's a decent sign- it made me feel deeply, which is far more than 99% of the movies out there. loved dollhouse, but not into any of the other solondz films. like von trier, I respect the craft, but dislike the films... enough to stop watching new ones.

Kicking and Screaming - Not the Will Farrell one. The Noah Baumbach one. Quite funny look at recent college grads.

The Tao of Steve - Quite funny look at recent college grads. But this time in New Mexico.

Barcelona - Lesser known (I think) Whit Stillman movie. 
:goodposting:  

love all three of those, but especially K&S.

some others:

Diva (french)

Dersu Uzala (lesser watched Kurasawa)

Primer

Dark Star (70s sci-fi satire)

Exotica (earlier Egoyan film)

crying on the inside kind of clown, I guess.

fun movie- good pick for this.
it's likely my most favorite Bill Murray film. it's peak Bill, imo, full of great moments for those that like the guy. the supporting cast is fantastic too.

i'll always plug "Mean Creek" because i think it is a standout. it is set up like a revenge flick but goes well beyond that. 

"Dead Solid Perfect" - golf movie w/ the "other" Quaid

"Green Street Hooligans" - Frodo goes to Europe and learns about West Ham United

"Goon" - Stiffler plays semi-pro hockey

Going to add two "Lesser known movies"...

Blue Ruin - If it wasn't for the Netflix thread I never would have stumbled upon a very good movie.

Purgatory - Made for TV Movie from TNT.. Really an enjoyable watch.

:thumbup:

Some going a bit more obscure than I thought.

Thinking not so obscure...but still not as acclaimed as similar movies.

A Bronx Tale  ...  does not get near the acclaim that other of these style of movies ever got.  Love that movie.

Frailty was very good.  

I actually typed it in without reading the thread.  Lol.  Thus the edit

Mulholland Drive.  David Lynch's best big screen work. 
i don''t know about that. "The Straight Story" might be his best but then it's also the least obviously Lynch-ian of them all. That said, I have a soft spot for "Wild At Heart" because, well, it's awesome. 

I don't know if it's "lesser known" or I just live under a rock, but I had never heard of Room before my 18 year old daughter recommended it to me.

Loved it...

I'm not sure if this newer movie is underrated or lesser known, but I had never heard anything about it before I watched it. 

Sicario

Users who are viewing this thread